Create a Kennel [ — V.3 ]

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

The Field Pack | the beginning of an adventure...

Postby ARKYQ » Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:20 pm

The field pack's territory is, well, a field. A grassy meadow with a few copses of trees dotting the place, wildflowers here and there, vast rolling hills. In the center there is a medium sized lake where the sun sparkles on the water, perfect for drinking from or swimming in. Their camp is in a shallow, round dip in the earth, with a rocky path leading into it.
It's not all nice, beautiful things though. The more dangerous things are a rushing river near the edge of the valley, a large road that marks one border, a gorge close to the north-west part, and, deadliest of all, the trap-woods. The place where hunter long-paws set traps to catch rabbits, and foxes, but can kill a dog too. The trap-woods are to be avoided at all costs.

Prey:
White-tailed deer
Sheep
Hare
Chicken
Squirrel
Mouse
Small bird

Ppredators/ living threats:
Long-paws
Sharpclaws (sometimes)
Birds of prey (sometimes)
larger canidae
Larger felidae
Larger and dangerous prey
Giant-furs
Weasel-like, badgers, raccoons, beavers(?)
Rival packs

The breeds that are preferred:
Alaskan Malamute (uncommon)
Australian Cattle Dog (common)
Australian Shepherd (uncommon)
Beauceron (rare)
Belgian Malinois (uncommon)
Belgian Sheepdog (common)
Belgian Tervuren (rare)
Bernese Mountain Dog (common)
Black Russian Terrier (rare)
Border Collie (common)
Borzoi (common)
Bullmastiff (rare)
Collie (common)
Curly-Coated Retriever (uncommon)
Doberman Pinscher (uncommon)
English Cocker Spaniel (rare)
Flat-Coated Retriever (uncommon)
German Shepherd Dog (common)
Golden Retriever (common)
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Great Pyrenees (uncommon)
Harrier (uncommon)
Irish Setter (rare)
Irish Water Spaniel (uncommon)
Irish Wolfhound (common)
Italian greyhound (uncommon)
Kuvasz (rare)
Labrador Retriever (uncommon)
Lakeland Terrier (rare)
Standard Manchester Terrier
Mastiff (rare)
Miniature pinscher (rare)
Mutt (common)
Newfoundland (uncommon)
Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever (common)
Rhodesian Ridgeback (common)
Rottweiler (common)
Saint Bernard (uncommon)
Saluki (common)
Samoyed (uncommon)
Scottish Deerhound (common)
Siberian Husky (uncommon)
Smooth Fox Terrier (uncommon)
Tibetan Mastiff (common)
Whippet (uncommon)

Of all the other canidae, the most common are coyotes, wolves foxes, wolf-dogs, coy-wolfs and coy-dogs.

The ranks are specifically supposed to match those from the actual survivors series. The alpha and beta remain the same, but are always mates. I am renaming the shaman to healer, they come right after beta. Next is the hunters, then the patrol dogs, then the omega. Mothers have no special rank, they are just listed as being 'with pup'. Pups and elders are rankless, elders are regarded with highest respect, eating after beta, pups eating just before omega. Pups join the pack fully as ranking just above omega, and must work their way up. The only ways to rank up is, through winning challenges, through being promoted, and dogs above you being demoted or dying.
So... In summary, in order of rank:
Alpha
Beta
Healer
Hunters
Patrol dogs
Omega
Detached:
Pups
Elders

They follow the same religion as the dogs in the books, worshipping thunder, the sky-dogs, the earth-dog, the sun-dog, the moon-dog, etc. each dog traditionally connects to one spitit dog.
They start out with pup-names, given by their mother-dog and father-dog, and when they become full pack-dogs, they choose their names for themselves in the same ritual as in the books. Then, if they become alpha, beta, healer or omega, their rank becomes their name.

Personality-wise, they tend to come off as a fierce, well-disciplined pack, each member working together as a pack. Their individual personalities are all quite diverse, though they all are quite loyal to their pack. The alpha keeps the pack well-disciplined by punishing rule breakers appropriately. They are very territorial, with a prideful and stern alpha.

Hope this isn't to complex, and hope the ranks are okay.

Could i please request a husky or malamute as my alpha?
ARKYQ

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby w0ah » Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:24 am

CAK V3 IS NOW CLOSED

v4 is located here. please refrain from posting on this thread.

if you are continuing with your current kennel, please make any new posts on the new thread.
if your most recent post has not been replied to, quote it from here and post it on the new thread.
if you would like to start over or you have not been founded yet, post your starters on the new thread as well.

if you are in need of any assistance or have any questions, feel free to message me.
thank you!
w0ah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me