Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7

Postby snubbulls » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:04 pm

6/10
I personally don't like the whole dog with antlers thing, as it's rather overdone (especially near the holidays). I also feel like the colors are a bit off? Maybe make the darkest one a bit redder and mute them all a bit to match the cream?

pomphree? By princess buhu
Pom is an annoying Pomeranian. He's always yapping at things. He's also an aspiring rapper (by the way, he's awful) and he posts his music to YouTube and Spotify under the alias 'Big Pom.'
| beetle / radish |
| he / she | adult |
❤ metal ❤ bugs ❤
❤ 70's slashers ❤
sharks ❤ clowns ❤
❤ pokemon ❤ art
by spheal on th ❤
snubbulls

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:01 pm

seven out of ten <33

>> I like the breed as it's not a common choice for a character and the colour scheme for the fur is nice to look at but I just don't like the items [though that may just be personal preference] they're quite bright and whilst the purple and yellow side of the jumper could go well with the design all the other colours just throw me off. I think the items are cute but maybe just in different/less colours as it seems a bit rushed <33

- though he is definetly unique and I love the fact that he's an aspiring rapper but is actually awful cx <33

my boi bear ? [all by me]

- he is meant to be semi-realistic / natural as he is going to be apart of a story/comic I am creating with a couple of my other characters. He knows magic and the enchanted water around his neck was given to him by his boyfriend, [who he is now been separated from due to a rival group taking over the kingdom and whatnot] it's basically a rare liquid that has great healing abilities although he must be sparing with it and has only used it once before to heal his king. Bear is definetly more of a lover than a fighter and is a caring soul who tries to advoid conflict when possible.

chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Genos~ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:04 pm

I didn't see the no holding spots rule sorry, so I'm making another one (I can't find a way to delete this post)
Last edited by ~Genos~ on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~Genos~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BlizzardTheWizard » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:06 pm

9/10
Really cute design! i love how simple yet pleasant it is. <3 i feel like it could have a tad bit more around its feet but i still think its a beautiful character! you can really tell it has a well thought out history! The pallet is absolutely gorgeous as well! <3

-Blizzardtail-.png
-Blizzardtail-.png (117.97 KiB) Viewed 126 times

how about my main, blue-fire? <3 normally she'd wear a blue and white scarf. she has fire on her ears.

hi! Call me bliz or whatever else you can think of. I use she/they pronouns. Feel free to PM me :)

Toyhouse: BlizzardTheWizard
Discord: BlizzardTheWizard#3894
PFP by Shadeyenova
BlizzardTheWizard

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby exorcism » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:12 pm

7/10. first off, i love love LOVE the eyes and and the blue to red shading you used. however, when you used a different shade of blue for the ear fire and the fur lining her neck, it threw me off a bit. overall, however, a very nice character!

dante? (art by boypeach on da, design by me)
┌────────────────────────┐

i'm exo! i mostly just lurk
here. i'm a huge fan of all
things spooky and fantasy!

wake from a dream
wherexixwasxstuck
losing .xmy.x teeth

└────────────────────────┘
exorcism

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~Genos~ » Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:19 pm

9/10, I really love how it's dark, making the red pop, but I do see the whole red/black colour scheme used a lot. Though I do really love the patterning.

Now for my boy:

His name is Ryu, he's a BNHA OC (and tbh I love him)

His quirk is Reborn, meaning he can create any living thing from any inanimate object (hence the cat features)
His entire (more complicated and in depth) bio can be found here: https://anstrix.deviantart.com/journal/ ... -721086792
Attachments
son 2.jpg
by me
son 2.jpg (405.27 KiB) Viewed 123 times
~Genos~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:36 pm

nine and a half out of ten <33

>> I normally dislike human/humoid characters but this guy is absolutely precious <33 I love the colour scheme and the costume design, especially the cat cutout - the only thing that throws me off is that he reminds me of chat noir from the miraculous ladybug series?

my boi chief ? [all by me]

- he is meant to be semi-realistic / natural as he is going to be apart of a story/comic I am creating with a couple of my other characters. He's the main antagonist and his basic plot is that he is the leader of the rival group who take over a kingdom using dark magic whilst the king is away. He is definetly one of the smarter dogs in his group considering he managed to plan and so far has successfully taken the kingdom over. His torn ear is the result of a battle with the previous king. Chief had thought he killed the previous king but another charrie [bear] got to the king in time and healed him so Chief's reign over the kingdom depends on whether or not the others can figure out how he managed to hypnotist almost the entire population of the kingdom.

chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hotel breakfast » Sat Dec 30, 2017 12:19 am

9/10
maybe i'm biased but i looooove mostly natural designs that have just a few unnatural elements to make them stand out more. he is definitely my type of character. he also has a cute name, and the story he's part of sounds super interesting. the torn ear is a nice touch, and i like how the green eyes pop against the black/dark grey color scheme. i am also a sucker for chain collars on canine characters haha. the only thing i would say is that while i understand and appreciate that you're trying to keep his design relatively natural, i still feel there's a bit more that could be done with the main black marking on his back to make him a little more unique, like maybe playing around with the shape/edges to make it a bit more complex. i also think that it could tie in better with his eyes if his paw pads were maybe a greyish color with cool undertones or something? but honestly that's just me nitpicking because like i said, i really really do like this character <3

my manticore guy trey? (all by me)
still working out his design and to be honest i feel like he's kinda all over the place right now, so any suggestions are welcome :^)
even if he might look scary and intimidating at a first glance on account of his scorpion tail, he's actually a pretty sweet guy. he's lonely a lot of the time and kind of self-conscious because people are too afraid to approach him more often than not, but he's a great friend to anyone who will take a chance on him.
Last edited by hotel breakfast on Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kass .. & .. riff
☀ ★ ☾ showcase ☽ ★ ☀

ImageImageImage
you spirit double, you specter with my face !
why.. do.. you.. mock.. my... love - pain... so
that..tortured..me..here,.here..in..this..place
so ... many ... nights, .... so ... long ... ago ?
hotel breakfast

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby magica » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:31 am

nine out of ten --

i've never seen a manticore on this thread before! points for uniqueness! i like his colour scheme a lot, it's fitting for his species, and i like the bit you included about his personality! his dyed hair is also cute, too. my only complaint is that his back markings seem a bit random, just sort of thrown on, and i'm not a big fan of the gradient on his back. i don't really like his nose being red, either, since it seems his lion features are brown and his scorpion features are red, maybe it'd be better in dark brown? but that's just me being nitpicky :,> good job!

teddy? artist/designer unknown, please pm me if you know!!
more

- - - - - - - - - - -
fae | she/they

illustrator 𖤐 inactive
toyhs 𖤐 twt 𖤐 ©

on twitter, mostly!
- - - - - - - - - -
magica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trafalgar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 8:28 am

10/10
even though he isn't my kind of character, i really like his concept!
the blue of the hair looks kinda out of place with the other duller colours, but it still works. i like his markings and whatnot, so that's really the only fault. his info is nice, and his clothes are also really cool!

aleks?
xx
Last edited by trafalgar on Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
trafalgar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me