Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7 (New rule Pg 224)

Postby bear » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 pm

6/10
    i personally think she has a lot of potential for sure! but first of all, i love the hair and those buns! gives off a real cutesy vibe!
    i find the clothing a bit bland colour wise but if she's a bit laid back/comfortable/in the crowd type of person i guess it would fit nicely! it'd be cool to see some colourful clothing though, maybe things she'd only wear around family or close friends, rather to be more creative when at home rather than outside? i adore the glasses two, really makes me wonder why she has them, if she's bit of a nerd, the like! i'd love to know more about her for sure, good luck developing!

cheese?
    all by me! bit of a different type of oc for ya! they are called "cheese" because the monstera plant can be referred as a "swiss cheese plant" because of the holes in the leafs.
    。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆
    I am not active.
bear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Koby » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:05 am

10/10. I honestly love this character, they’re so adorable! I haven’t seen anything like it before and it’s really unique! I love the little root legs and how you named them. Overall I think they’re a really cute and a simple in a good way kind of character. Sorry this is short, I can’t find anything that bothers me about this character :D

Rex the Dragon Knight
Another fullbody image (kind of old but still works) ---> https://i.imgur.com/ClbDOF6.png
Both drawings are by me.

Rex is a half-human, half-dragon knight, but you probably already knew that from the name. He can appear intimidating to others, but he is very humble and gentle to others, except when they are being rude or posing a threat to those he loves. He is naturally protective and very selfless. He would do anything to protect those he cares about, even if it puts himself in danger.
I don't really have much on his backstory, sorry.
Last edited by Koby on Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Koby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gremlin » Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:21 am

10/10
First of all what a superb lad. I love that he subverts expectations being a dragon and a knight. I'd love to know how people react to him when he tries to take jobs and how he copes with people questioning his profession due to his heritage. Overall a very unique concept in itself.
Design wise I can't find many things to complain about. I love the red and orange color scheme and it goes well with the grey of his armor. He's just the right mix of dragon to work for me as a hybrid (as opposed to characters who simply have the horns and wings). the scales really reinfoce that hybrid nature the most because they're present on his more human features.

How about my new girl Agnes
(art and design by Machati)
Agnes is a rabbit turned human from some part of germany and I really need more ideas. She takes care of an old man who was kind to her as a rabbit and works hard to run his small farm. Due to this small farm she's actually pretty well off but chooses to remain by the old man's side.
Hail to the king baby, hail to the king
Discord: Gremlin#1080
gremlin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ⭐MARS » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:59 pm

10/10
she's gorgeous!! first off, i just adore her color scheme. her ginger hair works very well with her dress and
green bandana. her quilt-style dress makes the design unique and makes it stand out. i also love her bunny-like features.
her hair that droops onto her shoulders mimics a rabbit's ears, a very nice touch and reflection to her backstory.
she's a very detailed yet beautiful character!!

peregrinepaw?
i've had her for a good year now and she finally got a new
and needed redesign. i'm going to be tweaking her
backstory, so she's a wip.

art, design and character by me
warriors belongs to erin hunter, etc.
──────────────────
𝗝𝗘𝗖𝗞𝗜𝗘- 𝗦𝗛𝗘/𝗛𝗘𝗥 | ART SHOP - CARRD
i burnxx my friends!!!!!!!!!!!xx -

⭐MARS

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rate The Character Above You V.7 (Mod search 163)

Postby zelos » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:10 pm

8/10 ;; I love tabbies and I love orientals! She has a simple and pleasing design, the gradient from her front half to her back end is a really nice touch. I like the placement of the stripes and how they're more prominent on the legs. My main issue is with some of the stripes on the legs, though, the ones with the lighter brown around the edges. They look kinda chunky to me, though I don't think it's because of their shape, I think it's mostly because of the thickness of the darker brown on the inside if that makes sense? Otherwise I like this character, I love that they're natural with a bit of a twist.

Marcelo? He's a demigod in a world where the gods have turned their backs on the mortal they were once supposed to protect. His mother was a devout zealot, but in her final days, often scorned Marcelo as a mistake. As such, he views himself as a mistake now, a creature that should never have been born. He holds a lot of bitterness toward his father, which sparks him to form a rebellion against the gods. If you would like to read more about him, check out his toyhou.se to better understand his story!

Art and design by Laghrian.
━━ ɴᴏ ᴅɪsᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ━━━━━
━━━━━━━━━ ᴛᴇᴀʀ ᴜs ᴀᴘᴀʀᴛ
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮

Yo, my name's Zelos and I'm a gay lady
with too many OCs and a bad caffeine
addiction. I've got a bachelor's degree
in Creative Writing, and I'm passionate
about storytelling and character dev. I
also enjoy doing digital art and occasi-
onally take USD commissions!

╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
╭━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╮
[ sig art ] [ art search ] [ da ] [ waven ♡ ]
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
━━━ ɪ'ʟʟ ғɪɴᴅ ᴍʏ ᴡᴀʏ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʏᴏᴜ
zelos

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:48 pm

ten outta ten <3

- so first of all I love, love the colours you used for this kiddo - I did have to turn my brightness up to see his black markings around his eye and ear because the blue is quite dark but that wasn’t really an issue for me. I do love the gradient of the blues and I appreciate that a more neutral blue was used in contrast to the brighter/lighter ones that you tend to see more of nowadays in characters. The roses around his neck also give some great warm contrast to the cool colour scheme so whilst personally I would have probably chosen a more yellow/golden colour to match the claws/jewellery I think the red works great too. The only hitch I have is that I would have liked to see a second ring on the tail? Or had the first one more tightly fitting instead of quite small and loose but that’s entirely personal preference so the bab is still a solid ten outta ten // not my exact cup of tea but that doesn’t mean the design/character isn’t great !

Edit;;

Forgot to mention that I also loved his backstory c:

My boi taiko?

Art and design by me <3

- Taiko is a Caucasian mountain dog mix who is apart of a comic I have. He features as the leader of the guardians [ an elite force that hunt down assassins and criminals ]. The red marking on the side of his face is actually paint, and it’s used within the group for luck and the group paint specific symbols on eachother before a mission as a sort of ‘battle ritual’. His red sash is that is tied around the metal ring and over his back signifies his status as the leader and he uses it as a sort of ‘utility’ belt where he puts knives, swords etc... - same with the material tied around his front legs. He’s also meant to have a reasonably realistic design as that’s apart of the comic he’s in c:
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby trafalgar » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:19 am

10 / 10 !!

oh hes baby and i love him? im really into mountain dogs so im biased but his design is so chill and you really hit that realistic marker right on the nose. the little spot on his snout works surprisingly well! it pays a nod to his tail and kinda just rounds it all out. the reds compliment him nicely too!! nothing feels too heavy/cluttered, which tend to be the case with some realistic designs so you deserve that 10
id like to know more about the comic/story hes a part of👀

- what about rex?
(sorry for messiness i did this in paint and got lazy)
hes my dnd sona/pc and a menace
starts off as a bard, and later becomes a rogue, coming with his own vocal cues when hes about to strike (think brute from amnesias more musical notes) as both a joke and to flex his bard ways.
hes really into like. how most people put almost all their efforts into destruction and barely bat an eye at helping things along without violence.
sorry i havent really written out his story yet but hes almost always with brugo (my partners dnd sona) and they just mess around in their bard shenanigans. brugo is also the one that gave him his piercings
any input is appreciated!!!

all by me, but tieflings are from dnd!
dirk/law | he/it | tired "adult"

art shop
rest easy, Techno

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
trafalgar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sheena » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:04 am

7/10

i really like his outfit! that was definitely one of the first things that drew me and i also really dig that hair style. i'm not generally really fond of tieflings (just because i've been seeing soooo many lately), but i think he looks really cool. i kind of wish i could read the notes, but that's unrelated to my rating. he's not really near my style of character, but i definitely like the concept!

rhiannon? she's a fortune teller that reads the stars/planets and is a snarky lady with 0 fear. base by ethamari, design/edits by me.

ɪ ᴄʀʏ ━━━━━━━━━━
━ ❝𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋, 𝐁𝐀𝐁𝐄𝐋‼
╒════════════════════╕
i'll finish this later lol
text text text text text text text

╘════════════════════╛
𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐀𝐓 𝐌𝐄 𝐍𝐎𝐖‼❞
╒════════════════════╕
links are gonna go here
and here

╘════════════════════╛
ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʟʟs ᴏғ ᴍʏ ᴛᴏᴡɴ
━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴜᴍʙʟɪɴɢ ᴅᴏᴡɴ
sheena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby chase. » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:05 am

nine outta ten <3

Okay so first off I’m a solid sucker for semi-opaque silks so you’ve got me there, I also really like the way the silk is connected with the three rings at the front. The gold jewellery is a really nice touch and the golden claws give a nice connection and keep the gold flowing throughout the design. Personally I like more complex designs, so I would have probably made the back markings a bit more intricate or added a hint of the lighter grey somewhere on the midsection but other than that I absolutely adore the design and I really love the way the eyes match the silk.
    -

My boi Killian?

base by Theovyn //trashman
    design by me <3

Work in progress but he’s pretty much some sarcastic assassin boi with some authority issues // he’s meant to be a natural design ^^
    -
chase.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby astrohund » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:21 pm

omg, wow i,, love him so much? hes got a beautiful design i must say, but maybe thats because im biased towards natural palettes. plus, his accessories make him look even more sweet! sorry for the short rating description, but i've got nothing bad to say about this character, 10/10 all the way.

what about one of my retired roleplay characters, houndwatcher?
          this art piece is by castian! it’s not his actual ref but the closest I’ve got for him. view his toyhou.se profile here.

general description of houndwatcher:
          since he was apart of a warriors roleplay with powers as one of the main focus, my boy also has his own abilities as well! he’s able to create canine shadows and communicate with them, well, he only has three main ones — midnight, shadow and soot. basically, these canines only really appear whenever he’s experiencing a strong, negative emotion — usually anger, fear or sadness.

houndwatcher is also epileptic and whenever he has a seizure, they are also triggered to appear and are sort of like a protective instinct for him? they’re sort of conscious, sort of not — they are able to speak telepathically with him and their voices are based from those important figures in his life.

[ ive explained him pretty badly my own self — you can view his document with all his information here ]

I would mainly like an opinion on his backstory and description more than his design! I would also appreciate ways to improve him and ideas for whatever.

astrohund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me