Create A Kennel (v.1)

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

Thousands of paths, and only one is right.

Postby Dinolil1 » Sun May 27, 2018 6:15 am

Thousands of paths, and only one is right.

Eons ago, trains would have rumbled where nature silently took over and rot cast it's hand. Trains fell apart, rust prospered and foliage ran rampant. Fleeing death, a single solitary dog made it's way to Canfranc Station and undeterred by the spirits, found their home in the station of decay. Unbeknownst to the dog, they'd pave the way for pups to tell scary stories, for the adults to silently ward away ghouls and family ties to grow strong.

ImageImageImage

I believe that you are purrfect!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dinolil1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create A Kennel (v.1)

Postby legolas the elf » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:10 am

Dark Leaves Kennel

The Dark Leaves Kennel lives in a large forest with no borders to any other kennel. The forest is relatively normal, except for a ring of dead trees in the very center. If you enter these trees without permission, it is said that you are cursed for eternity. Only the Alpha, Shaman, and graduating Smallhowls can enter without being cursed. Sometimes, with the Alpha's permission, the Beta can enter.

The Dark Leaves Kennel is known for being cunning. intelligent, and closed off. However, as they are bordered by no other kennels, it sometimes is wrong. Dark Leaves is usually snappish and hostile to outsiders, but will take in any promising dog. Their Kennel Den is located in a medium sized underground cave made by a river long ago. The main entrance is a hole in the ground, which is always guarded so no predator or stranger can sneak in. The tunnel goes straight to the main cave. The Preyhole sits in the center, and is a hollowed out hole in which prey is dropped for eating. Tunnels leading off of the cave lead to smaller dens. The Alpha and Beta share a tunnel, but have opposite caves on the left side of the entrance. The back of the tunnel used to continue on, but a cave in long ago left it blocked. The three Shamans share a tunnel on the right side of the entrance. A smaller tunnel right next to it leads to a small crack in which water trickles, for the Shamans use. The tunnel in the far right corner leads to the Milk-Place, where Skybringers raise their pups. A tunnel in the very back leads to the Smallhowl's tunnel. A tunnel right next to it leads to the Reliants den. Reliants are the dogs who bring food and battle intruders. On the left side, a tunnel leads to the Ancients den, in which retired dogs rest. On the right, a Helper's den sits and Omega's den sits. Helper's are dogs that were Reliants who got to permantly maimed or can't be a Reliant for other reasons. They learn how to take care of pups, help Shamans, and help Ancients. The Omega can be born into a lowly family of the Kennel, or can be put in that position because of a horrible crime. It is worse then being Cast Out, or killed.

Borders:
North - River
East - run down train tracks; out of use
South - a second river
West - the end of the forest

Eating Order: Alpha, Beta, Skybringer's and Pups, Ancients, Shaman, Helpers, Reliants and Smallhowls, Omega.

RANKS:
Alpha - leader
Beta - leader
Omega - shunned dog with the dirtiest jobs; not allowed to leave the Kennel Den
Skybringer - mother dog; called a dam by pups
Pups - the young pups ages 0 cycles to 6 cycles; call their fathers sires
Smallhowls - like apprentices
Reliants - like warriors
Helpers - Reliants that, for whatever reason, can't work as reliants anymore but aren't old enough to retire
Ancients - like elders
Shamans - medicine dogs!

Prey:
Deer
Snakes
Small Birds
Large Birds
Voles
Rabbits
legolas the elf

My pets
My items