Re: [OPEN] The Warrior Cat Challenge

Postby mukuroikusabas » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:55 pm

saralaxy wrote:
Buying Items
Username: saralaxy
Clan Name: DawnClan
Items Buying: 5x mud, 1x net, 1x flint, 1x stone, & 1x flint

Levelling Up - Patrolling & Hunting - WC: 1,013
With newleaf beginning and the frost almost gone, it was time to replenish the cats appetite and make them full once more. The sun was rising slowly over the moorlands, waking the world and marking the beginning of a new day. With it came the awakening of the clan and the need for a dawn patrol. Haystar padded out of her den which resided within a boulder, the river from long ago having carved out a nice hole for her to reside. The others were waking up themselves and making way into the clearing, shaking away last nights drowsiness. A flash of red caught the faes eye and turning to see what it was, she caught sight of Redclaw making his way to the fresh kill pile. It was relatively small... "Redclaw, take something to Gingertalon please." She watched as the tom stopped, glancing sadly at the pile, before nodding to his head and following orders. Russetbreeze, her faithful and hardworking deputy, made his way towards her. A smile played on his maw and curiosity pricked at Haystar. "Good morning Haystar! I have great news!" he exclaimed, clearly unable to obtain his happiness. The leader sat on her haunches and gave her deputy a confused look. "Go on." She responded slowly. "Acornflight and I are mates! We plan on having kits soon to provide more cats for the clan!" His announcement rang over the clan and Haystar saw his mate looking away embarrassed from where she sat outside the warriors den. Haystar broke into a chuckle and purred in happiness. "Congratulations Russetbreeze. I'm sure you'll be great partners and parents." The fae leaned over and gave him a lick on the forehead before nodding her goodbye and making way to Acornflight and Redclaw who sat congratulating her. "Redclaw, Acornflight, let's go. We'll be patrolling the borders and hunting on our way back." The two cats stopped purring and looked to their leader with smiles, nodding and getting to their paws. Haystar shot Acornflight a prideful glance before leading the two out of camp and into the moor.

Their borders laid along a forest, a farm, and the edge of Flower Valley. First would be towards the farm, where most cats tended to wander over the border. The trip was a bit of a way out and the sun had risen past the moor when they reached it. "Someone crossed here... seems stale though. Probably happened last night." Redclaw reported after sniffing around. Haystar nodded to him and gazed out at the farm. Their border was at the top of a slanted hill, which held brown fences at the bottom that marked the beginning of the farm. It was a mile from the fence before you reached the first building - a barn. "If they crossed last night we shouldn't worry about it." The leader decided, looking to her warriors for their agreement. When it had been settled, the group continued along, marking the edge, before continuing on towards the forest. The trail from last night seemed to head in the same direction; a relief to Haystar. They were very accepting of outsiders but not all were friendly, per se. The sun hadn't moved much when they reached the edge of the forest, it's trees becoming green with leaves once again. The trail of the loner continued on straight. No other scents were caught and the group marked their border once again before continuing towards the Valley of Flowers. This was the closest place to the camp and made the air sweet almost all year long. The tall grasses and flowers tickled the cats as they padded through, giving the illusion of being in a dream. Once they had broken through, it was moorland for miles before you'd come to the marshes. Acornflight crinkled her nose at the smell that carried from the marsh. "I can't imagine any cat going there." She spat, not worried about hiding her disgust. "Be cool if they had webbed feet though. Like ducks." Redclaw remarked, and the idea of cats with webbed feet sent the group into a laughing fit. When they had finished, Haystar gave the orders to mark their border and continue on the to river, which laid behind the camp. As they made way, Haystar spoke up. "Be quiet as we approach. Most animals will be around the river and that's where we'll do the majority of our hunting." The warriors nodded to her and shushed themselves.

Coming up to the river, one would see that Haystar was right. Beside the river was a large group of rocks, referred to as the "Sunningplace" due how often cats came here off duty to relax and sunbathe. Many rabbits could be seen doing the same, some drinking and some eating the grasses as well. The group crouched lower to the ground and with two flicks of Haystars tail, the group branched out. Acornflight moved further to the left while Redclaw took the right. They would trap the rabbits between the river and take as many as they could. They crept up slowly, making no noise to alert the rabbits of their presence. When they'd come close enough, Haystar rose her tail and they stopped. After two heartbeats, the cats sprang as one and startled the rabbits who tried to run past the cats. Acornflight ended up losing one and chased it down through the moorlands while Redclaw easily caught one who tried running by and Haystar pounced on one beside the river. Talk about an easy catch. Acornflight easily caught up to the rabbit who ran and came bounding back to the group, dragging the rabbit with her. Haystar and Redclaw picked up their catches and with a nod from the leader, the began for camp.

Once they had returned it was almost sunhigh. Haystar took a rabbit which she shared with Redclaw while Russetbreeze and Acornflight shared another. The meat was a bit stringy but delicious nonetheless. The pair finished their meal in a few ravenous bites and shared tongues, sharing gossip and enjoying the others company.

SP has been deducted from your account, and you earned 11 levels per cat, so that's 66 stat points to distribute! Thanks to the hunting and patrolling activities you did, you can distribute them any way you'd like to the following stats:

Stamina, Speed, Intelligence, Charisma, Sociability, and Hunting

How would you like to distribute them for each cat? (note each cat has 66 points to itself to distribute)

xxxxxxꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ, ʜɪᴅᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰɪʀᴇꜱ;
ʟᴇᴛ ɴᴏᴛ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ꜱᴇᴇ

xxxxxxxxxx𝖓𝖆𝖒𝖊 | 𝖕𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖘
╭─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─━━━─╮

xxcall me muku or mukuro.
xxgay nb trans guy, writer n artist.
xxhyperfixated on:
xxdanganronpa n warriors.

╰─━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━─╯

ᴍʏ

ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ

ᴀɴᴅ

ᴅᴇᴇᴘ

ᴅᴇꜱɪʀᴇꜱ

★彡

★彡

★彡

★彡

★彡
mukuroikusabas

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SwampClan [1]

Postby Chinchy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:30 am

Roll request for:
Herb gathering - Spiderleaf
Hunting - Snakeclaw & Pinepaw
Patrol - Lizardstar & Fuzzpelt
x

The morning had gone as it had most days. A large bundle of fur, a mix of cream, ginger, tabby and white, shifted as the 5 cats slept, huddled together. One of the bodies shifted as Spiderleaf woke up, carefully shifting away, trying not to wake up her comrades while moving away, giving her patched fur a short groom. A stretch or two after, she quietly left, moving into the shadows of the trees, carefully moving through the swamp in search of herbs to add to her herb store now that the snow had melted in the warming weather. She didn't care about the mud which soaked into the fur on her (once) white paws as she made her way around, keeping her eyes and nose keen on any sign of fresh herbs, her tail waving in the air behind her.

As the remaining quartet woke, one by one, they exchanged hushed greetings, yawning and stretching, Fuzzpelt and Pinepaw taking particular care to thoroughly fix up their coats for the day, looking practically like kittypets in the end, unlike the two brothers who didn't mind remaining scruffy after the night, talking about plans and cracking the odd joke or two while sitting together.
Fuzzpelt looked over at them, smiling. "Are you two furballs done gossiping yet?" She joked, earning a chuckle out of both of them.
"Just about." Lizardstar replied. "You were asking about breakfast weren't you?"
"Yeah, I'm sure that's what we all have on our minds right now. And Spiderleaf'll be hungry when she comes back too, I'm sure."
"Well, Snake, you think you'd be up for handling that while me and Fuzzpelt check the borders?"
Snakeclaw nodded, leaving it at that. "Sure thing, Lizzy." He said, jokingly using a little nickname he'd had for his brother since they were barely able to speak, it seemed.
"Pinepaw! Let's go!" He called, bailing before Lizardstar could say anything, the dark ginger apprentice following quickly behind him.
"So where are we going?"
"Lizards' sunningspot should do. Sun's out already."
Pinepaw nodded, having caught up and keeping beside his mentor as they quickly waded through wet, damp and dry-ish ground to get to a pile of rocks where the sun shone through the trees. They'd slowed down by then, lowering their heads as they tasted the air for the scent of prey. Pinepaw happened to notice a lizard scurrying on the stone, creeping slowly, surprisingly light on his paws for such a large cat, as SwampClan cats tended to be. Once close enough, he leapt, just barely catching his target after it dropped its tail.
"Hey, good job, kit!" Snakeclaw called from where he'd stayed.
"Thanks! But I'm not a kit!" He called back over the scaly creature in his mouth, a smile growing on his face. He found a place to stick it under some tree roots for the time being.

The two brightly coloured cats waved through mud near the border, where the swamplands gave way to a marshy territory before a somewhat drier grassland. Fuzzpelt stood up on her rear legs, trying to look above the towering grassy plants, just barely managing to. FeatherClan's old territory... In the end they'd not only missed their own Clanmates, but the presence of the others. Even MoleClan, as new and unofficial of a Clan as they'd been. Whatever did become of Toadstep and the rest of MoleClan anyway...
They'd marked the edge, moving along the missing FeatherClan scent still, even after the moons they'd been gone. There hadn't been a single word exchanged the whole time, the pair communicating that they both felt the same through mere looks and gestures.

"Hey, Lizardstar?"
"Yeah?"
"I've been meaning to ask. What if we find a loner who wanted to join us? Crazy, I know..."
"I don't see why it would be. Not like it hasn't happened from time to time. What of it?" Lizardstar flicked his tail, pausing the conversation as he leapt into the grass, trying to catch a little creature he'd heard scuttling around there, returning with mouse in his jaws and dropping it. "You can have it." He said simply, the molly smiling and purring as she crouched down to munch on the critter.
"I was just thinking, what would we do? Would we let them join or...?"
"We could do it the old fashioned way and vote on it. Whatever loner it may be, they won't have blood among us."

Quick little thing, 741 words
Last edited by Chinchy on Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:52 am

The Red Moon Alliance

The Red Moon Alliance was just an elder's tale, until it wasn't.
It was common knowledge - almost common sense - that if you were to see a cat bearing the red mark of a crescent moon, that your end was fast approaching. Of course, this was just fable; a story queens told their kits in order to get them to stay inside at night. Nobody actually knew whether or not the Red Moon Alliance was real, because the only ones who've claimed to see them are either dead, insane, or nearing one or the other.
However, a group of cats has arisen - five cats who seem to know more than they're letting on. They act friendly and sweet - albeit a bit quirky, they seem like fine young cats. But they're not here to cooperate.
They're here to dominate.
---

Sparrowstar - 29m - FtM Tom
Kestrelheart - 30m - Tom
Paleshadow - 27m - Molly
Froststorm - 27m - Molly
Wolfpelt - 32m - Tom
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chinchy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:56 am

classy n flashy wrote:
The Red Moon Alliance

The Red Moon Alliance was just an elder's tale, until it wasn't.
It was common knowledge - almost common sense - that if you were to see a cat bearing the red mark of a crescent moon, that your end was fast approaching. Of course, this was just fable; a story queens told their kits in order to get them to stay inside at night. Nobody actually knew whether or not the Red Moon Alliance was real, because the only ones who've claimed to see them are either dead, insane, or nearing one or the other.
However, a group of cats has arisen - five cats who seem to know more than they're letting on. They act friendly and sweet - albeit a bit quirky, they seem like fine young cats. But they're not here to cooperate.
They're here to dominate.
---

Sparrowstar - 29m - FtM Tom
Kestrelheart - 30m - Tom
Paleshadow - 27m - Molly
Froststorm - 27m - Molly
Wolfpelt - 32m - Tom

Which area would you like to be in and would you like the ancestral blessing?

Choosing North gives your cats a boost in health and resistance stats, and they get the Ancestral blessing of Snowshoes (cannot freeze to death in the winter).
Choosing South gives your cats a boost in craftiness and adaptability, and they get the Ancestral blessing of Dirty Paws (hunting/stone digging improves in hotter weather).
Choosing East gives your cats a boost in intelligence and wisdom, and they get the Ancestral blessing of Swift Feet (can catch fast-moving prey such as rabbits alone instead of in pairs).
Choosing West gives your cats a boost in charisma and sociability, and they get the Ancestral blessing of Warm Hearted (50% increased chance of finding a new cat on patrol).
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:57 am

I'll take the ancestral blessing, and they'll be located in the west ^^
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chinchy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:26 am

classy n flashy wrote:I'll take the ancestral blessing, and they'll be located in the west ^^

Alright! Here are your cats then!

Sparrowstar
Classic ginger tabby; copper eyes
Long fur; Folded ears, Polydactyl
ll // BB, XOXO, Dd, dmdm, Aa, mcmc, Spsp, tata, bmbm, ii, wbwb, EE, CC, ww // Sfsf, Jbjb, Pdpd

Kestrelheart - Tom
Golden chinchilla ginger; green eyes
Medium fur
Ll // BB, XOY, Dd, dmdm, ApbA, mcmc, SpSp, Tata, bmbm, ii, WbWb, ee, Ccs, ww

Paleshadow
Pure white, Classic dilute torbie underneath; hazel&blue (heterochromia) eyes
Medium fur; folded ears, Manx tail
Ll // BB, XOXo, dd, dmdm, AA, mcmc, SpSp, tata, bmbm, ii, wbwb, EE, Ccb, WdWd // Sfsf, Mm
RARE MUTATION: Ethyrism

Froststorm
Pure white, smoke cinnamon tortie point underneath; blue eyes
Medium fur; curled ears
Ll // blbl, XOXo, DD, dmdm, aa, mcmc, spsp, Tata, bmbm, Ii, Wbwb, Ee, cscs, WdWd // AcAc, Jbjb

Wolfpelt
Caramel smoke with under half white; amber eyes
Medium fur
Ll // BB, XoY, dd, Dmdm, aa, Mcmc, SpSp, tata, bmbm, Ii, wbwb, EE, Ccb, Wsws

You have 1 reroll if you'd like
Chinchy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ellipses » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:19 am

i'll be keeping these rolls ouo i'll get to work on stats now!
ellipses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

❥ petalclan [01]

Postby triplethesix » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:59 pm

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    we are the warriors who built this town!

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    i. five cats ii. three mollies iii. two toms iv. zero other
    iv. visiting starclan ? v. no injuries vi. no kittings upcoming
    vii. 1,079 words
    vii. day one
    viii. mod is saralaxy
    iix. hope i did everything right! if not let me know! also, i hope it’s alright i prettied this up?? i use this template for all of my ‘create a -‘ or similar games.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
    [starclan] none.
    [servings] petalclan starves for a day.
    [herb hunting] littlepad searches for herbs.
    [injuries] none.
    [mates] mates are not assigned today.
    [kitting] none.
    [hunting] rosegaze + mistystem.
    [patrolling] blossomstar + foxflash.
    [mentorship] none.
    [other] none.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

blossomstar has just recieved starclan’s blessing to start a clan of her own, once blossomfur, now blossomstar. after a long journey, she had settled down to rest, and she was now dreaming within the forest, twitching in her sleep.
    blossomstar’s paws were heavy with exhaustion, but she couldn’t stop. her paws kept taking her on and on and on. blossomstar walked for what felt like many, many moons, aware of four silhouettes beside her, but she couldn’t turn her head to look at them. blossomstar finally stopped, gazing down on a beautiful piece of land. a large chunk of grassland next to an oak forest, each half of the territory divided by a beautiful, calmly flowing stream. blossomstar stood for a few moments, pride flowing over her. for some reason, one word kept echoing in her mind. home.
    with that, blossomstar jolted awake to a twig snapping. alarm shot through her, and she jumped to her paws, eyes staring at where the sound came from, behind a bush. ears forward and alert, she listened, the gentle sound of pawsteps were approaching. the pawsteps got closer and closer until.. blossomstar leapt, her forepaws hitting into fur before she lowered to the ground, pinning a cat beneath her paws. however, blossomstar’s eyes widened at the sight. “rosegaze!” she gasped, getting off. “i-i thought you died back in paleclan!” she stuttered, stepping forward to greet the molly. “blossomfur! i thought i smelled you, but i thought i was crazy!” rosegaze meowed quickly, greeting her old friend. “i thought everyone died but me!” the munchkin molly meowed. the two she-cats chatted for awhile, catching up on things.

soon enough, blossomstar and rosegaze we’re walking, and not long after they reached a long, narrow stream. each of the she-cats went to drink the water, startled by another cat sitting by the water. the cat looked over, seeming alarmed aswell. “er- hello!” the cat spoke, a tom. “who might you be?” he asked. “oh, we’re just passing through, i’m sorry.” “no! it’s ok. i haven’t had company for... a long time.” the tom sighed. “ok.. i’m blossomstar and this is rosegaze.” she meowed, “you?”. “i’m littepad. i was exiled from my clan for being accused of poisoning a client. id never do such a thing, but again, shadowedstar didn’t like me much.” littlepad murmured. “oh! sorry, i’m getting chatty again.” he chuckled. “no, it’s alright.” rosegaze spoke up. “blossomstar was just blessed nine lives from starclan and we were, well we were going to start a clan.” rosegaze meowed, glancing to blossomstar. “yes, and i think you’d make an excellent medicine cat, if you’d like.” blossomstar offered. littlepad’s eyes widened in surprise. “r-really? i’d love to! it’s so.. lonely.” he meowed, leaping over the stream. “t-thank you.” he stuttered. “it means a lot.” he added. the two mollies nodded kindly before the three set off.

the three continued on their journey, no one knowing where but blossomstar. her dream must’ve been a dream sent from starclan, a sign. the group continued on, not stopping until night. “we shall rest for tonight.” blossomstar meowed. “as soon as we seek shelter, we sleep.” she added, continuing on and taking notice of her clanmates tiredness. finally, the three arrived at what smelled like an abandoned fox den. carefully, eachcat made their way through, curling up inside before they all quickly fell asleep.

when blossomstar awoke, she exited the den, surprised to find theee pieces of prey and a cat at the entrance. “good morning!” the molly chirped. “the early bird gets the worm, take your pick!” she grinned. taken aback, blossomstar looked at the molly, confused. “oh, silly me! i’m mistystem. some starry cat told me to come here and bring prey, so i did!” she meowed excitedly. “it’s nice to meet you!” she adddd. “it’s nice to meet you too.. mistystem? i’m blossomstar.” blossomstar meowed, dipping her head. blossomstar chose the smallest of the bunch, wanting her companions to eat well. she had nine lives, they had one. before long, rosegaze and littlepad emerged, and blossomstar introduced them to mistystem. all three cats ate, learning mistystem already had. when they finished, blossomstar looked to mistystem. “mistystem, would you be interested in joining us?” the molly proposed. “of course!” mistystem smiled happily.

another day had passed for the cats. they were getting more and more tired everyday, but blossomstar was determined to take her clan on the journey she dreamt of. they had to reach the land she saw. as blossomstar was lost in her thoughts, she didn’t even hear the approaching pawsteps until a cat leapt out of the bushes. “who are you and why are you in my territory?” he growled. blossomstar jumped a bit, but she pulled herself together and looked at the tom. “i’m sorry we trespassed.” she meowed politely. “however, we mean no harm. we just wish to pass through.” she meowed. “no.” the tom meowed firmly. “and why not? one of you is certainly not a fight for four of us.” she chuckled. without warning, the tom leapt at her, pinning her down. “oh, i’ll put up a fight!” he smirked, aiming a swipe at her face. however, before he got to her, mistystem launched herself at the tom. “don’t touch our leader!” she yowled, pinning him down. she swiped at his face with sheathed claws, giving him a smack. “and don’t think i’m afraid to let my claws out!” she snapped, leaping off of the tom. the tom gave a snort, standing up. “well fought.” he muttered. “same to you.” blossomstar meowed. “we’d be glad to welcome you into our clan.” she offered. “clan?” he asked, confusion in his gaze. “a group of cats who work together to survive.” blossomstar explained. “in that case, i’d be happy to join. i’m fox.” he meowed, sounding calmer. “well, you’ll need a clan name. i’d like to give you the suffix flash, for your readiness to leap into battle.” blossomstar meowed calmly. fox thought for a moment before nodding. “very well.”

it was just that day, late at night that blossomstar did exactly as she had in her dream. she reached the land that she knew was home. she gazed down on it, home echoing in her mind. “this is our home, petalclan.” blossomstar smiled, giving a sigh of relief. “we’re home.” she murmured. “everyone must rest, and then we shall worry about hunting and borders.” blossomstar meowed, watching her clanmates enter the camp.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

leader
    blossomstar - molly - 30 moons
    ★★★★★★★★★

deputy
    rosegaze - molly - 25 moons

medicine cat
    littlepad - tom - 23 moons

medicine cat apprentice
    name - gender - x moons

warriors
    foxflash - tom - 24 moons
    mistystem - molly - 20 moons
    name - gender - x moons

apprentices
    name - gender - x moons

queens
    name - gender - x moons
    ↳ kits/due date

elders
    name - gender - x moons

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

borders
    north
    clan - relationship - user
    south
    west
    east

ally clans
    clan - user
    clan - user

enemy clans
    clan - user
    clan - user

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

herbs
    none in stock.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

poisons
    none in stock.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

prey
    none.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

mentors
    mentor - apprentice
    ↳ skills

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

relations
    none.

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

deceased cats
    none.
triplethesix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fieldclan | 01

Postby hazilnut » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:47 pm

daily rolls: herb gathering, hunting, patrolling
      actions: gemstone digging (Tangofoot), trading (Waltersong)
      ⇝ words: 1,167

'let's start at the beginning one last time' feat. Tangofoot & Irispaw - hunting + training

xxxx"Tangofoot?"
      xxxx"Yes?"
      xxxx"Tangofoot?"
      xxxx"Yes?"
      xxxx"Tangofoot?"
      xxxx"Yes Irispaw?" Tangofoot gave their cheeky apprentice a bemused smile. "Is this a thing now?"
      xxxx"It is very much a thing now," Irispaw replied, her serious tone undercut by the grin stretching from ear to ear. Had the apprentice's legs been springs she would have shot high into the sky by now with all the excited bouncing she was doing. Tangofoot was finally making good on their promise to teach Irispaw the ways of the wild, to the extent that an ex-kittypet could anyways and for however much Fieldclan territory could be counted as.
      xxxxThe flower fields that stretched out before the two cats were awash in delicate purples and yellows. The daffodils were well established in all their golden glory and the first crocus blooms had begun to open as well. However pretty the sight was, however, the crop this season was short and proved little cover or nourishment for prey. Tangofoot and Irispaw would have to travel further from camp to find a place to hunt.
      xxxxIrispaw counted out her steps- one two three, one two three- until she fell into an acceptable rhythm. Then she asked her question. "How did you and Maisystar and Waltersong meet? I know you were all kittypets but I want the juicy details." She smiled eagerly up at her mentor, willing them to dish out the dirt. One two three, blink. One two three, blink.
      xxxxTangofoot let out a chuff, more of contemplation than annoyance. They saw no reason not to catch Irispaw up to speed, it was just a matter of not giving the apprentice too much to work with when causing mischief. "I don't know how many so called 'juicy details' there are. It's a pretty straightforwards story-"
      xxxxWaltersong and Maisystar, then just Walter and Maisy, had lived next door for as long as they could remember. They had spent their early moons staring at each other from the windows, mewling at their housefolk to let them out until eventually they obliged. The pair struck up an easy camaraderie, a little bit out of necessity but mostly due natural compatibility. Walter liked to say that even if he and Maisy were born on other sides of the world they would have found each other. Maisy called the pair of them soulmates because she knew fancy words like that.
      xxxxTangofoot had come into the picture about a year later, brought in by Maisy's housefolk as a companion cat, possibly in the hopes that a having a playmate would encourage her to stay indoors. If that was the case they were severely mistaken. Maisy continued to go out to meet Walter, now dragging along her 'new daughter'. It would take a while for Tangofoot to object to being referred to as female but even from the beginning they were insistent on reminding Walter and Maisy they were only two moons younger. Being the obnoxious older friends Walter and Maisy were duty-bound to ignore this reminder and continue to refer to Tangofoot as 'their child' even to this point.
      xxxxThere was no particular reason behind leaving their twoleg homes, only that Maisy and Walter had heard tales of clans and been caught on a flight of fancy. They of course had dragged Tangofoot along on their adventure and their little group soon added Vesper, now Vesperleaf, to their party. Irispaw was the most recent addition, but of course the apprentice knew her own story well enough.

xxxx"Waltersong and Maisystar are definitely mates then," mewed Irispaw when Tangofoot had finished their tale.
      xxxxTangofoot let out a snort of laughter, regretting their inability to contain themselves upon seeing a flock of birds shoot up from the nearby forest. "That's what you got out of the story?"
      xxxx"Well aren't they?"
      xxxxTangofoot shrugged helplessly. "Your guess is as good as mine. Though judging by the rumbling of your stomach is making we might be better filling our mouths with prey than gossip."

'one is the loneliest number that you'll ever do' feat. Vesperleaf - herb hunting

xxxxVesperleaf was not a fan of being on his lonesome, spending most of one's younger moons as a loner tended to either endear or put a cat off of solitude. For the Fieldclan medicine cat it had been the latter. But given that the growing clan needed herbs to heal the indubitably upcoming injuries and that every other cat was pretty useless when it came to plants, Vesperleaf was forced to go foraging on his lonesome.
      xxxxFor all its flowers the farm itself had very little in the way of useful plants for Vesperleaf. While he was very much the kind of cat to stop and smell the flowers Vesperleaf had a mission that crocuses could delay only for so long. The medicine cat darted towards the edge of the property where farm met forest. Having lived in the grove a little while he knew vaguely where to look for herbs, and now with the whole day to himself Vesperleaf could perhaps familiarize himself with the herbs of the forest, even those that were not yet ready to be picked.
      xxxxThe glint of sunlight across an unnoticed creek; the quiet rustling of leaves in the wind; the skittering of prey in the undergrowth; the cooing of birds in the trees- all were a melody to Vesperleaf's lonely ears and he found solace in them.

'everything the light touches is our kingdom' feat. Maisystar & Waltersong - patrolling

xxxxMaisystar tore across the field, laughter filling her chest and bubbling over like a boiling pot. Waltersong let out a whoop of joy, long and loud, from behind her. The fresh air was exhilarating and freedom like catnip. Both cats' souls soared with their voices all the way to cloud nine and refused to descend for anything.
      xxxx"This is everything we ever dreamed of!" gasped Maisystar once she had finally slid to a stop and Waltersong had caught up. Her eyes gleamed with excitement and though she fought to catch her breath there was this glow about her like she could keep running forever.
      xxxxWaltersong had to pant for several heartbeats before he could speak again but when he did it was with the same tone of pure joy. "I never thought my world would ever be larger than my backyard, but with you the whole world could be my home."
      xxxxMaisystar pressed her forehead to her friend's chest, still laughing in disbelief. "It is! Everything we see is ours now- a whole new territory to call home. We're only confined by the scope of our imagination."
      xxxx"And the food in our bellies," Waltersong teased as Maisystar's stomach began to rumble.
      xxxx"I have faith in Tangofoot and Irispaw to do their job, so we should get to ours. Our first patrol!" Maisystar didn't bother to hide her excitement, it was a force of nature as much as the wind, pulling and pushing her where she needed to go.
      xxxx"The first of many." Waltersong matched his friend's glee. The sun was bright, the wind brisk. They had their health and their freedom and all of their friends. What more could anyone ever ask for?
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hazilnut » Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:27 pm

@saralaxy - just updating stats, what level, age & phenotype is the kit?

Maisystar ❁ adding 9 pts each to charisma, sociability, intelligence, stamina, and speed
      Waltersong ❁ adding 12 pts to charisma, 8 pts to intelligence, 10 pts to speed, 8 pts to stamina, 8 pts to digging, 14 pts to sociability
      Tangofoot ❁ adding 10 pts each to wisdom, hunting, stamina, agility, intelligence, and speed
      Vesperleaf ❁ adding 15 pts each to herbalism, nurturing, and intelligence
      Irispaw ❁ adding 8 pts each to hunting, stamina, agility, intelligence, and speed
hazilnut

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me