Create A Clan- V.4

Just a little fun for when you have time to kill

LostClan | 007

Postby recognize » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 pm

LostClan
Number of Cats: 6 | Servings: 3 | Starclan Visit: 6.19 | Den Decay: 5 | Pebbles: 9

★ Actions Log
[Hazelleaf] goes out looking for herbs
[Maplewhisker] goes out on a hunting patrol
[Maplewhisker] goes out gathering
[Swiftflame] goes out on a border patrol
[Lionshade] takes [Patchpaw] training
[Silentstar] visits her ancestors and requests a queen

★ Statistics
✧ LostClan consumes 1x bird [3 servings]

★ Notes: n/a

Leader: (1/1)
          Silentstar | 34 moons | Female |
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★★

Deputy: (1/1)
          Maplewhisker | 41 moons | Female |

Medicine Cat: (1/2)
          Hazelleaf | 50 moons | Female |
          Skill Points: ✿✿✿✿✿

Warriors: (2/20)
          Lionshade | 38 moons | Female |
          Swiftflame | 44 moons | Female |

Apprentices: (1/10)
          Patchpaw | 9 moons | Male |
          Name | Age | Gender | ✧

Queens: (0/10)
          Name | Age | Gender | [url=link]X[/url]

Kits: (*See Queens*)
          Tigerkit | 3 moons | Female |
          Name | Age | Gender | ✧

Elders: (0/5)
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    North | Clan Name | Username
    East | Clan Name | Username
    South | Clan Name | Username
    West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Chervil | x0 | Infected wounds, bellyache, kitting
    Cobwebs | x0 | Bleeding, binding broken bones
    Poppy seeds | x0 | Helps sleep, soothes shock, eases pain
    Goldenrod | x0 | Good for healing wounds
    Dock | x0 | Soothes scratches, pads, and pain
    Borage | x1 | More and better milk, fevers
    Catmint | x1 | Greencough, whitecough

Den Supply Store
    Build Material | Amount
    Build Material | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mice | x0 | 1 servings
    Rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
    Small Fish | x1 | 2 servings
    Birds | x1 | 3 servings

Mentors:
    Lionshade | Patchpaw | 1 | Hunting
    Mentor | Apprentice | No. of training sessions | Moves

Deceased Cats:
    Cat Name | Cause of Death

Family:
    Unknown and Lionshade | Tigerkit
    Unknown and Unknown | Maplewhisker, Swiftflame
    Name and Name | Kits
recognize

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Create A Clan- V.4

Postby onion » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:06 am

x
Last edited by onion on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arya22 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:47 am

Number of Cats: 50
(27 Mollies 23 Toms)
Next Starclan Visit: Next post
Next Den Decay: In 5 posts
Pebbles: 20

Morning rose, pale and dreary over the quiet camp. Many cats had stood guard by the deceased clan members, and now they rose stiffly. They should be buried now- but the cats stood around, unsure. There was no leader, no deputy. No-one to show them the way. "We have to bury them." it was Fawnthroat, the only authoritative figure left. Her eyes were dim and her fur scraggled: she had been up all night, caring for the injured cats and trying to pull Brambleburr back from the sharp claws of death. She hadn't gotten a second of rest or time to mourn her lost apprentice.

The bodies were carefully carried to the place Ravenfeather, Leafstrike and Fauna had already been buried. While the cats walked, Mikestep, who had left the medicine den that morning, caught up with Smokebreath and Fogspark. He looked at the latter. "I.. Wanted to thank you, Fogspark, for saving my life yesterday." he mumbled. Fogspark smiled a little and touched his back with her tail. "Don't worry about it. I was just making up for when you saved mine and my brothers." Mikestep tilted his head, confused, so Fogspark kept talking. "In the elders den. You let yourself get knocked out on purpose by a cat who was considered by your clan as a traitor. You allowed us to escape, otherwise we would be dead by now." Mikestep looked down, a little embarrassed. "I still haven't told anyone about that. Maybe we'll keep it quiet." he mumbled, and Fogspark nodded quickly. "Oh yeah. I don't want to get you into trouble." they kept on walking in silence.

Fawnthroat, walking alongside the body of her former leader- she wasn't carrying him- had her head down. She was exhausted, but she still kept going. The cats in the medicine den were sleeping, and they could do without her for a short while. But as soon as this was over, she'd have to hurry back. Fawnthroat looked up shortly and saw Hopstripe, walking on her own. The young cat had been extremely troubled since last night, so Fawnthroat went up to her. "How are you doing?" she asked softly. She knew how close Hopstripe and Rowangaze had been, and could only imagine how hard it was on her to lose him- just as hard as it was for Fawnthroat to have lost Ashwhisper. Hopstripe barely mumbled a reply, not looking up to face Fawnthroat.

There was a short silence, then Hopstripe talked again. "Fawnthroat, I loved him." her voice was only a whisper. "And somehow, he loved me. I-I miss him so much." a tear splashed on the ground, sinking into the earth soon after. Fawnthroat stood by helplessly, watching her clan member let out a little of the pain she had been feeling. She felt helpless. She could save cats with injuries of the body- but was she good enough to help a heart repair itself? "I'm so sorry Hopstripe. I couldn't save him-" and there, Fawnthroat had let out the one thought that had bothered her the most. She hadn't been able to save those three cats, and even if she knew the circumstances had been so, Fawnthroat couldn't help but blame herself for those deaths. Hopstripe looked at her.

"Fawnthroat. Don't blame yourself." her voice, though quiet and raw with internal pain, conveyed an calm strength. "You are doing your best. I am certain that without you, many more cats would have lost their lives tonight. And anyways.. They're still here." a sliver of hope had come into Hopstripe's voice. "They're still watching us. They're in our hearts." Hopstripe smiled softly at Fawnthroat. The medicine cat looked at Hopstripe curiously, feeling as though there was something else to what she was saying.

Hopstripe caught the look and her eyes went down. "I-I'm expecting Rowangaze's kits. We- he asked me to become his mate a moon ago." Fawnthroat's eyes went round. "You.." she couldn't believe it. "But why didn't you tell everyone else?" however, when she asked that, Fawnthroat saw Hopstripe close up. The young molly turned her head to the side and didn't answer. Fawnthroat waited a little, but there was no response. "No matter. Just make sure you stay in the nursery now. You have to rest to make sure the kits are born safely." again, there was no answer, though Fawnthroat was certain the other molly had heard. She wondered what had really stopped them from saying they were mates to the whole clan.

The clan members had arrived by the burial place now. The three bodies were laid in holes that had been dug slowly, then all cats filed past them, either dropping a small object inside or saying something, or both. Some cried. Most had grave faces. The shock was still too recent for most of them to actually take in the news and cry.

When Hopstripe arrived near Rowangaze's body, her eyes were dry. She looked at him, seeing the damage Honeyear's claws had done. Her heart was full of pain, but no anger. "I'll miss you, you know." she whispered, and dropped inside a small branch from the tree where he had proposed to her. As she stepped away, a cold shiver made her blink. Was that the wind, blowing on her nose, or had she felt something else?

Looking down on Ashwhisper's body, Fawnthroat realized one thing. She wasn't surprised at the young cats death. Ever since Ashwhisper had told her about her dream and the words Ravenfeather has told her, Fawnthroat had had a dreadful feeling regarding Ashwhisper. She only blamed herself for not having done anything sooner. "I'll miss your shy smile. And your bright eyes. And your quiet confidence." Fawnthroat had trouble saying the last words- her throat was tight. The medicine cat dropped a little bit of feverfew next to Ashwhisper's body. It was the first herb she had taught her to recognize and use. Then, she stepped back, letting other cats file past.

Once everyone had gone past the deceased, some cats closed up the holes with fresh earth. And still, everyone hesitated. The burial wasn't entirely finished.. Just then, a figure made its way painfully to the front. Fawnthroat frowned in worry when she saw it was Smokewhisker. The tom had a large bandage over his head, covering one eye, and he had multiple other cuts on his body. "Smokewhisker, you shouldn't have left the-"

"I wanted to say goodbye to these cats." Smokewhisker cut in. "I've been in this clan a while longer than a lot of you- only Fawnthroat and Moonshadow have been here longer, and Mikestep and Whisperleap arrived at the same time as me." he paused to look at the freshly covered graves. "Spiderstar was always acceptant of anyone. He was always there for us, not once did he think about himself first. He was friendly. He was cheerful. He never gave up. Ever since I joined, he was supportive and kind. I'll miss him." he bowed his head.

Fawnthroat knew what should happen now. She walked slowly forward to stand next to Smokewhisker. "When Ashwhisper arrived, she was just a little kit, found by the border. At five moons, I found her one leaf-bare day in the medicine den, sniffing at all the herbs she could find. The moon after, I accepted her as my apprentice. She was a little shy, but incredibly gentle and friendly. She was quick minded, and learned fast. She was calm and steady. When she became a full medicine cat, I felt so proud of her, I-" there was a catch in her voice. "I hoped she would still be there for Swallowclan when I became too old for my duties. I suppose Starclan had something else in mind. I'll miss her." her eyes rested on the small mound.

Next to her, Hopstripe stepped forward. "Rowangaze didn't join a long time ago. But in those too short moons, I met a cat who was loyal, selfless, and understanding. I met a cat who would do anything to help those he cared about. I met a cat I fell in love with. I'll miss him." there was a long silence.

~~~

Fawnthroat entered the medicine den slowly, her feet dragging and head down. The ceremony had exhausted her, the sleepless night, the stress... "Fawnthroat!" a voice made her look up quickly. She became aware that she had been swaying, dangerously close to keeling over. The caller was Smokewhisker. "Are you alright Fawnthroat?" he asked, his voice full of concern. The medicine cat nodded without thinking. "Yes. But how are you feeling? You shouldn't have left the medicine den." she tutted, looking over at the Tom. Smokewhisker hesitated before answering, and sighed. "I'll be fine. I keep stumbling because of my eye. It all hurts. But I know that I'll survive." he promised.

Fawnthroat nodded with a relieved look on her face, then went over to Brambleburr. All night, she had been shivering and groaning, close to death. Near morning, her state had stabilized, which had allowed Fawnthroat to go to the burial. Now, as Fawnthroat changed the poultice she had put on her wounds, Brambleburr stirred. Fawnthroat stopped immediately and watched her carefully. Brambleburr's nose twitched a few times, then her eyes opened thinly. "Brambleburr! I'm so glad to see you awake." Fawnthroat said quietly, the relief obvious in her voice. Brambleburr didn't reply straight away, and Fawnthroat could see her pupils trying to focus. "What happened? How long?..." she mumbled. Fawnthroat smiled. She was talking. She was recovering, Fawnthroat was certain. "Honeyear and Rippednose are dead. And you've been out all night and morning." she told her. She did not want to worry the molly about the three clan members deaths. So far, Brambleburr seemed content with the answer. "I hope everrryone is fine." she breathed, as her eyes closed again. Her chest rose and fell regularly; she was asleep. Fawnthroat sat back and watched her sleep, sighing. It would hurt to have to tell her about Spiderstar, Rowangaze and Ashwhisper.

~~~

"Hey.. Can I come in?" Sycamorewhisker stood at the entrance of the nursery, unsure. His mate, Barleystorm, smiled tiredly at him and beckoned for him to come. "Of course." Sycamorewhisker slunk in and went to lie next to Barleystorm, licking her on the head affectionately. But despite this gentle gesture, his body language showed how tense he was. Barleystorm, of course, saw that. "You're worried." it was a fact. For a second, Sycamorewhisker looked at his mate in amazement. "Yes.. I'm worried about what is happening here. We joined a while ago.. But it's not safe. Barleystorm-" he hesitated. "I'm scared for Amberkit, and Eucalyptuskit. For Sandpelt too, and for you. So many cats have died. How can we raise our kits in a place where it's so dangerous-" he broke off, watching his mate. Barleystorm watched him, her eyes sad. "I'm scared too." she told him, her voice firm. "But I remember our last clan. The whole clan disbanded. Here, look at what happened: so many dangers and deaths, yet no-one has left. They stick together." Sycamorewhisker somehow knew what she was going to say next, and he mouthed it with her. "Spiderstar taught us to be loyal." there was a short silence. Then, Barleystorm continued. "I believe this clan will push through. Nothing is easy, but this clan is strong enough. I want to honor Spiderstar's memory. We will keep our kits safe, but by helping the clan get itself back together, not by running away." Sycamorewhisker watched his mate, a wondering look on his face. Then he nuzzled her tenderly. "This is why I love you." he murmured.

~~~

Ferretstrike sighed as he entered the warriors den, and went in a corner. He was so confused after what had happened in the clan- confused about what had happened with him, too. Just last moon, he had been with Honeyear, convinced that the deputy was right, that he wanted to help Ferretstrike. And now, the young tom knew that it had been Honeyear behind his parents deaths all along. Should he cry? Should he be angry? There was this whirl of emotions inside him, and Ferretstrike couldn't sort them out. "Ferretstrike?" at the entrance of the warriors den, a cat looked inside uncertainly. Flintspark hadn't seen the tom yet. "I'm here." Ferretstrike called, standing up. His heart started beating when the molly approached. "Are you alright, Ferretstrike ?" Flintspark asked. The tom blinked in surprise. Had she really asked how he was?? He didn't think she would have been interested, really.. "I-I'll survive." he mumbled in response. Flintspark tilted her head. "You look tired. Confused, too." she moved a little closer, but still far enough to leave Ferretstrike his comfort zone. "Do you want to talk about anything?"

Ferretstrike looked down. Yes, he really wanted to talk about something. But he was scared of what she was going to think. He had let himself be fooled by that foxy deputy, and who knows what he could have done, had events not turned out as they had!.. "No, thank you. I just haven't been sleeping well, and what has been happening is a little hard." he mumbled. A veil of sadness crossed Flintspark's eyes, and she nodded. "Of course. But if you do need anyone to talk to, I'm here." she told him, before turning round and walking out slowly. Ferretstrike let himself fall on his nest and sighed deeply, finding his throat tighten up. He was so tired, so troubled. Ferretstrike curled up tightly in a ball and tried to keep quiet as sobs forced their way up.

~The next day~

The first rays of the sun set light upon a quiet camp. Most were still inside their dens. Groaning, Smokewhisker left the medicine den, normally for the last time. He had spent the last moon mostly inside, giving his bruised body the time it needed to heal. Now, he was fine, except for his left eye, permanently lost. But he needed something to happen. Barely anyone had done anything in the past moon, just a few ragged hunting patrols sent out. They couldn't continue like that.
A noise behind made Smokewhisker turn. It was Brambleburr, slowly stepping out of the den to stand beside him. Smokewhisker smiled at her. "How are you feeling?" he asked. Brambleburr had a lopsided grin. "I'll surrrvive. It still hurrts, but that was to be expected. I alrrready feel much betterr." Smokewhisker nodded, gladness touching his face. "Good."

There was more silence, while the two listened to the forest come alive, past the limits of camp. "We have to do something, don't we?" it was Brambleburr who had spoken. Smokewhisker nodded without looking at her. "Somebody has to get the clan moving. They need to start up again." Brambleburr glanced at him sideways. "We need a new leaderr, you mean. But how will we choose? There is no deputy." "A vote, I suppose. Are you well enough to come with me? I'll see if I can talk to them." Brambleburr hesitated. She looked behind her. Fawnthroat was dozing inside the medicine den, her fur scraggly and tern. She was exhausted. "I'll come." Brambleburr told Smokewhisker. "If only to give Fawnthrroat a rrest." Smokewhisker smiled, and together, slowly, they made their way down towards the center of camp.

~

Morningblaze had been alone for many moons. She had wandered, separated from her family one night during a storm. She had searched for them, but no luck. She had managed to stay alive and was in relatively good health, but she was growing weary. She wanted to find a clan and live with others, not just constantly having to be careful and wary. A few sun-cycles ago, she had scented some cats, only a very faint smell carried over by the wind. But driven by the thought that there might be friendly cats somewhere, she had kept searching. And she had found. She had recently entered a clans territory. As she entered, Morningblaze felt something was off. The border was clearly marked, but the scents were old, not as fresh as they usually were. Scents of passing cats were present, very varied too, but they seemed far and between, not like a usual large clan. The clan was as.. Asleep. Or worse. Morningblaze was more and more apprehensive as she approached. Finally, she arrived by a camp.

It was still early morning. From where she was, Morningblaze could see many cats grouped near the center of camp. Silently, Morningblaze got closer. "Swallowclan cats ! I know that the past few moons were hard on everyone. But you have to wake up now. No proper patrols were sent out. Our fresh kill pile is getting smaller. We need to patrol, to keep rogues and predators out of our territory. And we need a new leader." the cat who had talked was grey and white, and looked battered. His left eyes was closed and seemed to have been badly scratched in the past, though it was now healed. Another cat spoke up. "Smokewhisker, you are right. The loss was great, but despite that, we need to move on. I just wonder.. with no leader or deputy: How will we choose a leader?" there were a few seconds of silence. "We could vote." a Siamese molly said. The first tom nodded. "I suppose that would be good. Do you all agree?" he looked around.

As his gaze swept through the nodding mass, Morningblaze's eyes followed his- and they settled on two cats that made her stop in surprise. She-she knew them. She was certain. Especially the older one, a tom with white and dark grey, almost black patches. As if in a trance, Morningblaze stepped forward, towards the assembled clan. This cat.. it must be- "Hey, who are you? What are you doing here?" someone had seen her approach. Immediately, many cats surrounded her, their faces dark and menacing. Morningblaze was startled. "I-I don't want you any harm!" she tried to defend herself, weakly. Her eyes swung to the cat she had recognized just before. He was also staring at her. "Wait!" he called, and the cat asking Morningblaze the questions stopped. "What's your name?" the white and grey tom asked, his voice less harsh than the others. "My name is Morningblaze." the molly answered quietly. The tom blinked. "Morning- you.. You! We lost you in a storm, moons ago.." his voice died away, he seemed to have trouble speaking. Morningblaze once again felt like an apprentice- a kit, even. She stepped forward and hugged her father, Sycamorewhisker.

~

When the excitement had died down, most cats of Swallowclan assembled again. They needed to vote for a leader. It was Fireblaze who proposed the method they all agreed on: a small number of cats would be chosen, with one symbol each. The symbols would be scratched out into the earth and all cats would vote by placing a pebble by the symbol of their choice. Five cats were called out and agreed upon by the clan: Brambleburr, Smokewhisker, Fireblaze, Mikestep and Fogspark. Lynxpaw had quite an artistic streak to him, and he sketched a branch with spikes for Brambleburr, a swirl for Smokewhisker, a flame for Fireblaze, a paw for Mikestep and wavy lines for Fogspark. Then, every cat over 10 moons went to find a pebble to place to by the symbol.

The voting took a few hours, and by the time they were done, the sun was high in the sky. Fawnthroat stepped forward and counted every pebble, from every pile. She called them out. "Fireblaze, five!" Fireblaze flushed a little and looked down. People had actually voted for him! "Mikestep, four!" the Tom grinned a little. He had not expected to win, but felt warm inside thinking that some had voted for him. "Fogspark, two !" the molly shrugged. She had known she wouldn't become leader, and she wouldn't have wanted to either. This was good. "Brambleburr, ten!" murmurs started around the clan. Brambleburr was a great warrior, reliable and kind. And she seemed to have many votes... "Smokewhisker, twelve!" at this, a roar of voices went up. Even if they had not necessarily voted for him, everyone was happy about Smokewhisker. He had been there since the beginning, and had played a key role when taking down Honeyear. He was kind, always tried his best, and was deeply loyal. He would be a good leader.

Smokewhisker stepped forward and looked around at the clan, all celebrating him. He seemed shaken. Fawnthroat padded up to him and smiled. "Are you surprised?" she asked. Smokewhisker hesitated. "I'm not sure. I've probably been here longer than most.. They've always had me around. But I wasn't sure... Brambleburr is such a formidable cat, I thought she would have won them over with her enthusiasm, her strength." Fawnthroat smiled. "You are a very wise cat. You do have strength, a stable strength that these cats now need." Smokewhisker glanced at Brambleburr, seeing the truth behind her words. Yes, these cats needed a stable leader to help them after what had happened.

~

Not surprisingly, Smokewhisker decided to appoint Brambleburr as his deputy. Together when darkness had started to fall, they left to the Moonpool. The two walked side by side, not talking. Brambleburr had a little trouble walking: her side was still painful, even after a moon of rest. But she continued without a grumble. This opportunity... Was just impossible to believe, given Starclan accepted her as the deputy of Swallowclan, of course.

After an hour or so of walking, Smokewhisker stopped in front of a cave entrance. "This is it." he said. He looked around, at the trees, the grass, the sky and the birds. "Smokewhisker, should I go in with you?" Brambleburr asked. Smokewhisker smiled. "This might be the last time someone calls me Smokewhisker." he mumbled to himself. Then he nodded at Brambleburr. "Yes, they might want to see you too." Smokewhisker, in truth, did not really know how it all worked. But he remembered things Spiderstar had told him, and went based on those memories. Brambleburr took a deep breath and nodded back. Together, they stepped into the cool darkness of the cave.

Inside, even the tiny noise of their footsteps echoed. They only walked for a few minutes without sharing a word, their breath the only sound. Eventually, they arrived at a large opening: the inside of the cave. All around, plants grew from patches of earth. Moss covered most of the walls and ceiling, and at the very center, there was a small pool of crystal-clear water. From a hole at the top of the cave, moonlight flooded in and twinkled down on the small pond. Smokewhisker and Brambleburr padded towards the pool, their footsteps muffled by the vegetation all around. When they arrived at its shore, the two looked at each other, then simultaneously took a single sip of water. Both laid down, and in a second, their heads were filled by strange yet familiar images.

~

"Of course, Smokewhisker." "I was so blind, I didn't even notice he was always there for me, wasn't I?" "I'm glad they voted for him. He was always so respectful and kind." all around Smokewhisker, voices he never thought of hearing ever again were fusing. He raised his head- shapes were still blurry. A grey molly... A russet tom. A large black cat, who he knew very well.. His vision became clear, and suddenly, Smokewhisker was face to face with so many cats he had lost and mourned for. He stood up. "Spiderstar! Ravenfeather! A-And Leafstrike, and Ashwhisper, and Fauna, and Rowangaze.." he smiled, though couldn't stop himself from tearing up. He saw Ravenfeather grin. "Nice to see you, Smokewhisker- or should I say, Smokestar?" the grey and white Tom hesitated. "You- you agree with the clan?" Fauna shrugged. "The Clan chose you, and we agree with their decision. They need a cat who has been with them for a long time, that they know they can trust."

Leafstrike continued: "But they need a little more than just that. This is why I give you-" he stepped forward, to be straight in front of Smokewhisker. "a life full of courage, to face whatever difficulties will come across the clan's path." he touched Smokewhisker's nose with his own, and the tom felt a great force inside him. He stood straighter.

Fauna came up now. "I give you a life of wisdom, to know the path you must walk in order to help the clan." her nose was humid yet warm when he touched it. Suddenly, things around Smokewhisker seemed clearer. He saw and understood so much now.

Spiderstar came up to him. "I hope you will forgive me for what I did.. Or for what I didn't do." he told Smokewhisker softly. But I also hope that you will accept everybody's differences, and will make everyone feel welcome. That is why I give you the lives of forgiveness and acceptance." his touch was gentle, and when Spiderstar had pulled away, Smokewhisker felt open to the world, where everyone was different yet worth just as much.

The young former medicine cat came up to him next. "Smokewhisker, you should always stay as you are now: open to help anyone, always there for others with a kind word. But don't forget to be patient, too. It'll all work out, I promise. This is why I give you the lives of kindness and patience." Ashwhisper's eyes twinkled as she smiled. When their noses touched, Smokewhisker felt a great calmness inside him. He would do his best, and wait for things to sort themselves out in the time they needed.

The former deputy walked forward now. "You were a great warrior, Smokewhisker." Ravenfeather told him with a smile. "And I'm certain that you'll make a great leader too. Just must stay true to your duty and your clan. Stay close to them, feel what they feel, and never give up on them. Ever. And for this, I give you the lives of compassion and loyalty." Smokewhisker felt resolve inside him harden when their two noses touched. He would do whatever he could to protect these cats. They were counting on him.

At last, Rowangaze came up to him. He hadn't spoken before, and Smokewhisker was surprised to see him come last. "Smokewhisker, you will need all of these attributes to be a good leader. But if this one is missing, you will never manage it- love. You must love the clan tenderly and fiercely. You need to protect them. You need to be there if they need your support, whether in actions or words. They are counting on you to bring them out of troubled times. Be there for them, whether they acknowledge it or not. I give you a life full of love." their noses touched, and the stars around Smokewhisker began to fade. He heard just one last sentence before everything became black. "And tell Hopstripe I love her, can you, Smokestar?"

~

The grey and white tom woke up next to the moonpool. Brambleburr still hadn't moved, and he guessed it was her turn to speak with the ancestors. He sat and waited, watching the moon reflected on the water.

~

"See? He made a good choice." "I'm glad we trusted him." "She'll make a great deputy!" Brambleburr heard voices around her, voices she hadn't thought she would hear again. When she opened them, her eyes showed her what her brain had been dismissing as impossible. By Starclan, these cats! Brambleburr stood up shakily and looked around. She hadn't been around those cats too much when they had been alive, but she had still cared for them, and losing them had been hard. Brambleburr had an unsure smile, until she caught a large black molly's eye. "You arre Rravenfeatherr, rright? I only knew you forr a few shorrt moons.." the former deputy nodded. "Yes, that's me. And you are Brambleburr, coming to do my former job." Brambleburr nodded, looking down.

Ravenfeather talked again. "Do you know why Smokewhi- Smokestar chose you?" she asked. Brambleburr hesitated. She was torn between saying what she thought and being humble. She went for the former. "Because I am a rresponsible cat who doesn't get crrazy about things. Smokestarr knows I vill be a steady cat, therre for him if he needs me. I am frriendly and I know how to talk to otherrs." Brambleburr replied. Ravenfeather, in front of her, smiled. "That's the attitude." Brambleburr flushed and stayed quiet. "These are the exact reasons we also agree that you would make a good deputy. Things as a leader are tough.." Ravenfeather glanced at Spiderstar as she said that. "And leaders should know that they have somebody there to support them when they are unsure and when they need help. That's our role, along with settling petty disputes amongst the clan." Ravenfeather grinned. Brambleburr, relieved that she hadn't seemed too full of herself, nodded and smiled back at Ravenfeather.

The former deputy continued talking. "I also wanted to announce the coming of three cats to the clan. All are from far-off countries, and they have traveled far to come.. Please make them feel welcome. They are weary and frightened." Brambleburr nodded resignedly. She knew very well how that felt... Too well. "I vill look out for them, I prromise." she told Ravenfeather with her usual warm, rumbling deep voice. Then, the former deputy stepped closer to Brambleburr. "And with this settled, I make you the new deputy of Swallowclan, bound to stay loyal to the clan and protect them, help them and love them." their noses touched, and Brambleburr saw the stars around her fade. "Please give my love to Fuzzyheart and Ferretstrike for me.. I know it's hard for them." were the last words she heard from Ravenfeather before she woke up by the moonpool with Smokestar watching over her.

~

Both cats had been relatively quiet when leaving the cave. They had exchanged a look and a smile, then Smokestar had beckoned Brambleburr to follow him outside. Just like on the way there, their steps and breathing were the only noises, and they only spoke when they arrived outside, once they were under the starry sky. Smokestar looked at Brambleburr. "Did it go alright?" he asked, a smile creeping on his face. Brambleburr nodded. "Yes. But it vas strrange, talking to cats that you vatched die..." Smokestar nodded. "Oh, I definitely agree with you on that point. But it put me at ease. They are still watching us." he looked up at the stars, and they seemed to twinkle in response. Smokestar turned back to Brambleburr. "Rowangaze asked me to tell Hopstripe he loves her.." he seemed sad. "They were very close." Brambleburr nodded. "And I have a message forr Fuzzyheart and Ferrretstrrike frrom theirr motherr." she said. Talking about a message reminded her of something- "Oh, and Rravenfeatherr told me that thrree new cats would arrrive soon, frrom farr off countrries. We should take them in and look out forr them." Smokestar nodded. "Of course. Now, let's go." And the two of them started walking back towards camp.

As they walked, Brambleburr was pensive. She was still feeling slightly surprised at how events had turned out for her: a cat who had at first refused the call of Starclan, who had lost a good part of her family and who had been rejected by the only living family she now had, now deputy, maybe even one day leader, of a clan now almost 50 cats big. How was this possible? Brambleburr looked up, seeing a few patches of sky when the trees above did not hide it. She could see very few stars, but she still breathed a small thank you to all these cats above, who had somehow given her a chance to redeem herself.

~~

Smokestar and Brambleburr had almost arrived at camp when they heard voices in the bushes. "Frisée, come on. Yes, this isn't the same as back home, but you have to concentrate. We should arrive soon." the voice was strange, with an accent neither cats had heard before- it was very soft. A female voice replied. "Banyan, stop. I know you're all used to it, but excuse me for being curious and wanting to look more closely at these plants." she sounded annoyed, and had a strange way of speaking, not pronouncing all the letters the same. A third voice joined in. "Guys, you've been arguing ever since we started traveling. Frisée, yes you can look at the plants, but don't slow us down." again, the voice sounded different. The words were a little hacked up maybe? Brambleburr and Smokestar looked at each other, thinking the same thing, before the first voice spoke again. "Sugi's right, Frisée. Let's go." and the three began moving- and had only walked a few paces before they fell right in the way of the silent Brambleburr and Smokewhisker.

"Who are you?" one asked immediately, startled. Brambleburr had never seen such strange and different cats. The one who had spoken was a beautiful Tom with an orange and brown pelt, with spots like some mythical feline. It reminded Brambleburr of snow leopards there had been back home. Next to him was another male, very lanky, with short grey fur and large, slanted green eyes. He was glaring suspiciously and seemed tense enough to jump on them at the slightest movement. The last cat was female. She had a mass of curly, cream fur, and her eyes were blue. She seemed very.. Dignified, despite her obvious surprise. Smokestar replied. "We are Smokestar and Brambleburr, leader and deputy of Swallowclan. Were you looking for us?" upon hearing their names, all three seemed more reassured, though still careful. "We are looking for a group of cats. A clan. We were lost and a cat in our dreams led us here." the leopard-like cat replied. Smokestar smiled. "The same cat who talked to you in your dreams told us that we would meet you. You are welcome to come to our camp tonight and see for yourself." the three cats looked at each other, then the grey cat nodded. The spokesman nodded at Smokestar. "Then we'll follow you. My name is Banyan. These are Sugi-" he gestured to the grey cat, "And Frisée. We all come from far-off countries.." Smokestar inclined his head at all three in turn. "You can tell me your stories on the way to camp. Come, follow me." and all five cats started making their way back to camp.

~~~

When the sun rose, all cats gathered together. The four new cats, Morningblaze, Banyan, Sugi and Frisée were introduced. Almost everyone in the clan was baffled by the strange trio the foreigner cats made, and more than one kit asked their mother why they were so different. The three cats reacted differently to the attention. Frisée was happy about it, almost showed off. Banyan was shy, looked down, and Sugi was almost annoyed about it, frowned and turned his head away. But in general, their arrival distracted everyone from the previous events, and it was a good thing.

Watching cats leave for their patrols after Brambleburr had sent them out, Smokestar couldn't help but smile. He and Brambleburr would stay back at camp, they were still injured and the journey had tired them. But there seemed to be a good mood in the air as the cats left. "It almost seems back to normal." he said to himself.

(Smokewhisker is now Smokestar and received his nine lives: Ravenfeather gives him loyalty and compassion; Spiderstar gives him forgiveness and acceptance; Ashwhisper gives him kindness and understanding; Leafstrike gives him courage; Fauna gives him wisdom; Rowangaze gives him love.
Brambleburr is now deputy!
Change of mentors:
Instead of Honeyear, Smokebreath is Lynxpaw's mentor.
Instead of Hopstripe, Fogspark is Ivypaw's mentor.
Instead of Brambleburr, Sandpelt is Shinepaw's mentor
Instead of Smokestar, Pebblesplash is Fennecpaw's mentor
Lynxpaw trains: climbing
Ivypaw trains: climbing
Shinepaw trains: climbing
Fennecpaw trains: stalking
Hailpaw trains: swimming
Stonepaw trains: fighting
Hunting patrol 1: Whislerleap, Goldenflight, Flintspark, Morningblaze, Beetlewing, Ferretstrike
Hunting patrol 2: Mossfur, Iceflower, Ivythorn, Sunlight, Specklefang, Fireblaze
Patrol 3: /
Patrol 4: /
Den patrol: Barkknot, Sycamorewhisker, Banyan, Sugi, Frisée
Fawnthroat is gathering herbs
Smokestar and Brambleburr are resting
I would like to upgrade my nursery and warrior den)

Leader: (1/1)
          Smokestar | 47 moons | Male | X (torn left eye)

Deputy: (1/1)
          Brambleburr | 60 moons | Female | X

Medicine Cat: (1/2)
          Fawnthroat | 86 moons | Female | X Skill Points: ✿✿✿✿✿

Medicine Cat apprentice: (0/1)

Warriors: (23/25)
          Barkknot | 67 moons | Male | X
          Mikestep | 34 moons | Male | X
          Freckleface | 57 moons | Male | X
          Sycamorewhisker | 60 moons | Male | X
          Beetlewing | 26 moons | Male | X
          Specklefang | 26 moons | Female | X
          Sandpelt | 30 moons | Male | X
          Smokebreath | 49 moons | Male | X
          Fogspark | 49 moons | Female | X
          Pebblesplash | 22 moons | Male | X
          Fireblaze | 21 moons | Male | X
          Mossfur | 28 moons | Male | X
          Iceflower | 22 moons | Female | X
          Ivythorn | 23 moons | Female | X
          Sunlight | 19 moons | Female | X
          Ferretstrike | 19 moons | Male | X
          Whisperleap | 33 moons | Female | X
          Goldenflight | 31 moons | Male | X
          Flintspark | 16 moons | Female | X
          Morningblaze | 30 moons | Female | X
          Banyan | 28 moons | Male | X
          Sugi | 25 moons | Male | X
          Frisée | 21 moons | Female | X

Apprentices: (6/10)
          Lynxpaw | 11 moons | Male | X
          Ivypaw | 11 moons | Female | X
          Hailpaw | 11 moons | Female | X
          Shinepaw | 12 moons | Female | X
          Fennecpaw | 11 moons | Male | X
          Stonepaw | 8 moons | Male | X

Queens: (18/20)
          Wheatfur | 68 moons | Female | X
          Moonshadow | 65 moons | Female | X
          Barleystorm | 57 moons | Female | X
          Fuzzyheart | 19 moons | Female | X
          Sootcloud | 30 moons | Female | X
          Gingerglow | 29 moons | Female | X
          Hopstripe | 34 moons| Female | X (gives birth next post)

Kits: (*see Queens)
          Amberkit | 3 moons | Female | X
          Eucalyptuskit | 3 moons | Male | X
          Pantherkit | 3 moons | Male | X
          Hamsterkit | 2 moon | Male | X
          Degukit | 2 moon | Female | X
          Pipistrellekit | 2 moon | Female | X
          Ghafkit | 1 moons | Male | X
          Acaciakit | 1 moons | Female | X
          Ashkit | 1 moons | Female | X
          Featherkit | 1 moons | Female | X
          Nightkit | 1 moons | Male | X (blind)

Ally Clans:
    Mapleclan | purrfect
    Lotusclan | wolfie
    Quarzclan | Sunnymcsun
    Blueclan | miss universe
    Boulderclan | shasta blue
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders:
    North: Clan name | Owner
    East: Clan name | Owner
    South: Clan name | Owner
    West: Sorrelclan | Skygold

Medicine Store:
    Borage leaves | It produces more and better milk. It also brings down fevers. | x2
    Catmint | Best remedy for the deadly greencough, which kits and elders usually catch in the season of leaf-bare. Can also be used for whitecough.| x2
    Cobwebs | To soak up and stop (or slow) the bleeding. It may also be used to bind broken bones.| x0
    Feverfew | Reduces body temperature for cats with fever or chills. Also heals aches and pains, especially good for headaches.| x0
    Poppy seeds | They can help a cat sleep, soothe shock or distress, or ease pain. Not recommended for nursing queens.| x1
    Alder bark | cures toothache. | x1
    Lavender | Cures fever and chills. Also used to hide the scent of death. | x3
    Hawkweed | Like catmint, can be used for greencough| x1
    Bindweed | Fastens sticks to broken legs to keep them in place. | x0
    Broom | It is used to make poultices for broken legs and wounds. | x1
    Dandelion | Eases breathing or kitten-cough, as well as cracked or sore pads. | x0
    Chervil | For infected wounds and bellyache, respectively. Can also be used during kitting. | x6
    Thyme | Calms nervousness, anxiety, and cats who are in shock.| x1
    Dock | Soothes scratches, though can sting when being applied. Soothes sore pads. If placed in nests, it can ease the pain of wounds.| x0
    Lungwort | Cures yellowcough. | x1
    Marigold | Stops infection. Stops bleeding. Used for inflammation of stiff joints. | x2
    Ivy leaves | Used to carry and store other herbs. | x1
    Water hemlock | Causes writhing, pain, and foaming at the mouth. | x1
    Ragwort leaves | Treats aching joints and keeps a cat's strength up.| x1
    Burnet | Is said to help stop minor bleeding on Twolegs. Keeps a cat's strength up.| x0
    Elder leaves | Soothes sprains. | x1
    Goatweed | Eases anxiety and grief. | x2
    Oak leaves | Stops infection from setting in. | x1
    Rush | Helps hold a broken limb in place, such as casts for Twolegs. | x1
    Beech leaves | Used to carry other herbs around. | x1
    Raspberry leaves | It could be a painkiller, or help stop bleeding during kitting.| x3
    Name | Effect | x?

Den supply store:
    Build Material | Amount
    Build Material | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    (9 servings per post)
    Mice | x5 | 5 servings
    Vole | x5 | 5 servings
    Small fish | x1 | 2 servings
    Big fish | x4 | 12 servings (3 fish used up)
    Bird | x0 | 0 servings
    Rabbit | x4 | 8 servings
    Total: 23 servings left over/ 2 posts

Mentors:
    Sandpelt | Shinepaw | 3: hunting, fighting, stalking
    Smokebreath | Lynxpaw | 3: fighting, hunting, stalking
    Freckleface | Hailpaw | 4: hunting, stalking, fighting, climbing
    Fogspark | Ivypaw | 3: fighting, hunting, stalking
    Pebblesplash | Fennecpaw | 2: fighting, hunting
    Mikestep | Stonepaw | 1: hunting
    Mentor | Apprentice | number of training sessions: which ones

Deceased Cats:
    Ravenfeather | 58 moons | Female | Murdered by Hopstripe | X
    Fauna | 177 moons | Female | Eating water hemlock given by Honeyear | X
    Leafstrike | 63 moons | Male | Murdered by Honeyear | X
    Spiderstar | 82 moons | Male | Murdered by Honeyear | X
    Ashwhisper | 22 moons | Female | Murdered by Honeyear | X
    Rowangaze | 35 moons | Male | Murdered by Honeyear| X
    Honeyear | 64 moons | Male | Killed by Brambleburr | X
    Rippednose | 49 moons | Male | Killed by Smokewhisker | X
    Cat Name | Cat age at death | Gender | Cause of Death | [url=link]X[/url]

Mates:
    Barkknot and Wheatfur
    Barleystorm and Sycamorewhisker
    Whisperleap and Mikestep
    Moonshadow and Freckleface
    Fuzzyheart and Fireblaze
    Gingerglow and Goldenflight
    Hopstripe and Rowangaze
    Name and Name

Crushes:
    Flintspark <-> Ferretstrike
    Iceflower -> Ferretstrike
    Ivythorn <-> Mossfur
    Pebblesplash -> Iceflower
    Beetlewing -> Iceflower
    Sunlight -> Pebblesplash
    Name ->/<-> Name

Families:
    Wheatfur+???= Fireblaze
    Wheatfur+Barkknot= Hamsterkit
    Silvershade+Badgerclaw (Both Thicketclan)= Beetlewing, Specklefang
    Ravenfeather+Leafstrike= Ferretstrike, Fuzzyheart
    Fawnthroat+Brackenheart= Freckleface
    Barleystorm+Sycamorewhisker= Sandpelt, Morningblaze, Amberkit, Eucalyptuskit
    ???+??? (Ivyclan) = Fogspark, Smokebreath
    Moonshadow+Freckleface= Pantherkit
    Fuzzyheart+Fireblaze=Pipistrellekit, Degukit
    Gingerglow+Goldenflight=Ghafkit, Acaciakit
    Sootcloud+ ???= Featherkit, Nightkit, Ashkit
Bookworm | she/her | bi & demisexual
I am Arya22 and I'm a female who likes reading
Pm me to chat about anything at all!
Signature coded by Amburned. Thank you!!
Arya22

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylveonsweetie987 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 am

I'd like to join!
let's see if I'm doing this right oof

Prairieclan lives in an expansive grassland. These cats hunt prey amongst the tall grasses and dodge coyotes looking for snacks. Keeping safe in a more open area such as their home is hard, so Prairieclan cats have become stuffy and stuck-up, refusing to compromise themselves or show any weakness. They are introspective and disinterested in chatting with cats who are not close to them. Rules are strict and cats follow them well.

The territory is a large prairie with few trees. There is a small river running through that the cats use for water. Near that, they have set up camp over an abandoned prairie dog burrow.

While many cats of different types live in Prairieclan, light brown tabbies are most prized for being the best at hunting in grass.
♥♥♥

♥ Hi, I'm Syl (she/her), your friendly neighborhood procrastinator! I make art and stuff like that ♥
♥ Autism ♥ ADHD ♥ Asexual Lesbian ♥ Jewish ♥
♥ Current hyperfixations: The Owl House, Kalons ♥

♥ I'm @/sylsoddsandends on Tumblr, if you want to see art/writing/etc! ♥

Trade me!My Kalons

♥♥♥
sylveonsweetie987

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

SWALLOWCLAN + NEW CLAN | June 13th, 2019 | 06-13-19

Postby Katrione » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:37 am

Arya22 wrote:

(Smokewhisker is now Smokestar and received his nine lives: Ravenfeather gives him loyalty and compassion; Spiderstar gives him forgiveness and acceptance; Ashwhisper gives him kindness and understanding; Leafstrike gives him courage; Fauna gives him wisdom; Rowangaze gives him love.
Brambleburr is now deputy!
Change of mentors:
Instead of Honeyear, Smokebreath is Lynxpaw's mentor.
Instead of Hopstripe, Fogspark is Ivypaw's mentor.
Instead of Brambleburr, Sandpelt is Shinepaw's mentor
Instead of Smokestar, Pebblesplash is Fennecpaw's mentor
Lynxpaw trains: climbing
Ivypaw trains: climbing
Shinepaw trains: climbing
Fennecpaw trains: stalking
Hailpaw trains: swimming
Stonepaw trains: fighting
Hunting patrol 1: Whislerleap, Goldenflight, Flintspark, Morningblaze, Beetlewing, Ferretstrike
Hunting patrol 2: Mossfur, Iceflower, Ivythorn, Sunlight, Specklefang, Fireblaze
Patrol 3: /
Patrol 4: /
Den patrol: Barkknot, Sycamorewhisker, Banyan, Sugi, Frisée
Fawnthroat is gathering herbs
Smokestar and Brambleburr are resting
I would like to upgrade my nursery and warrior den)

[ Starclan warmly welcomes Smokestar and Brambleburr as the new leader and deputy of Swallowclan ]
      [ Lynxpaw, Ivypaw and Shinepaw learned the Climb skill ]
      [ Fennecpaw learned the Stalk skill ]
      [ Hailpaw learned the Swim skill ]
      [ Stonepaw learned the Fight skill ]
      [ Whisperleap's patrol caught x3 birds ]
      [ Mossfur's patrol caught x3 birds ]
      [ Barkknot's patrol gathered x3 brambles, x3 sticks and x1 mossballs ]
      [ Fawnthroat gathered x1 burnet and x1 feverfew ]
      [ Swallowclan will need x1 mossball and x1 stick to upgrade the nursery ]
      [ Swallowclan will need x2 brambles and x1 stick to upgrade the warriors den ]
────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
sylveonsweetie987 wrote:I'd like to join!
let's see if I'm doing this right oof

Prairieclan lives in an expansive grassland. These cats hunt prey amongst the tall grasses and dodge coyotes looking for snacks. Keeping safe in a more open area such as their home is hard, so Prairieclan cats have become stuffy and stuck-up, refusing to compromise themselves or show any weakness. They are introspective and disinterested in chatting with cats who are not close to them. Rules are strict and cats follow them well.

The territory is a large prairie with few trees. There is a small river running through that the cats use for water. Near that, they have set up camp over an abandoned prairie dog burrow.

While many cats of different types live in Prairieclan, light brown tabbies are most prized for being the best at hunting in grass.

[ Prairieclan has been founded ]
      [ Your mod will be Amethyst14 ]
      [ You have three posts to stockpile your prey before you have to start feeding your Clan ]
Katrione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Kazin Replies | June 13th, 2019 | Newleaf

Postby Kazin » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 pm

✧ Notes ✧
If I have missed
anyone, or have messed
something up, please don't hesitate
to PM me. My inbox here or
on the discord is always open!
**CaC has new features, please
read the front and message a mod
if you have any questions!**
✧ Weather ✧ Newleaf
Snow melts away,
leaving budding leaves or flowers
in its place. Slowly but surely,
temperatures are on the rise!
Newleaf is a time of celebration
for most; the enjoyment of the
sun's rays and new foliage
allowing prey and cats alike to rejoice.
✧ Clans ✧
Pineclan | Borealclan
Meadowclan | Tundraclan
Ashclan | Aspenclan
Shroudedclan

Steamclan| Riverdem

┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉

General Mod Notes | [ New features have been added to Create a Clan! Be sure to read over them on the front, and let me or another mod know if you have any questions about any of it! ]

deimos wrote:PINECLAN

Rank Up | [ Icekit, Mistkit, and Chipmunkkit are now apprentices; Icepaw, Mistpaw, and Chipmunkpaw! May their training be prosperous. ]

Hunting | [ Minkcloud's patrol encounter one small critter after another, finally deciding to call it a day after finding x3 pika. ]
[ Chickadeefur's hunters sneak up on a foraging squirrel (x1), easily bringing it down with a swift bit of teamwork from Eaglewhisker and Privetpaw. While that was happening, Mottlecloud spotted x1 thrush high above a tree and decided to take a flying leap, managing to catch it to bring it back as well. ]
[ Patchmuzzle's patrol finds some luck in the tops of the trees, scouting high for some birds or squirrels to get as they emerge for the afternoon sun of Newleaf. They bring down x1 wren and x2 squirrel. ]

Border Patrol | [ Chickadeefur's patrol at first finds nothing, a little distracted by the warm weather. As they get further into their expedition, a strange and unfamiliar scent of cat crosses their senses. Lilacpounce emerges from the bushes, wishing to join the clan. ]
[ Ratnose leads his patrol nearly right into a cat named Bumblestripe, quite literally. ]
[ Blissheart finds that Goshawkpaw is a little distracting, asking a lot about what other duties he could do with the warriors, so excited to be chosen for this patrol. This border patrol didn't seem to warrant anything of interest until a bright white pelt steps in front of them, carrying her kit. She calls herself Frostflower, and her kit Blizzardkit. ]

Material Gathering | [ Juniperpelt's patrol is successful in gathering x3 moss and x2 brambles. ]
Herb Gathering | [ The medicine cats are hopeful now that Newleaf has arrived, and it did not disappoint. They bring back x2 poppy seeds, x1 lungwort, and x1 fennel to add to the medicine supply. ]

Training | [ Weaselstorm and Shadeleaf's skills remain sharp! Their SPs do not decay, remaining at 5. ]
[ Poppypaw successfully learns poison identification! (wasn't sure if she already knew that or not, feel free to interchange with wound healing). ]
[ Sloepaw, Termitepaw, Orangepaw, Hazelpaw, Ryepaw, Cloverpaw, Wheatpaw, Yarrowpaw, Salamanderpaw, & Newtpaw learn fighting! ]
[ Goshawkpaw, Gadwallpaw, Wigeonpaw, Poorwilpawl, & Ferretpaw learn the stalking skill! ]

Kitting | [ Rosefur gives birth to two healthy kits! ]

Den Upgrades | [ The Senior Warrior, Warrior, and Apprentice dens will take x1 moss each, and x1 of any other material each to upgrade. Upgrading the senior warrior den will grant 1 extra space, upgrading the warrior den will grant 5 extra spaces, and upgrading the apprentice den will grant 5 extra spaces. ]

┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉ ┉
Kazin
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

RainClan | 022

Postby frankie (dup) » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:21 pm

Number of Cats: Total: 29 Female: 13 Male: 11 Genderfluid: 02 Agender: 03
Servings: 23/6 needed
Next Moonpool Visit: Anytime
Next Den Decay: On post number 25? I think?
Pebbles: 31
Mod: deimos
Font Credit: Tahu!
Archive:

hey nerds i have WRITER'S BLOCK so here's a skelteon post.
    haha it's the third skeleton in a p short amount of time huehuehueheue
    i'm sorry that was an awful pun BUT i also have mo regrets

[Fresh-Kill: x1 bird, x1 rabbit and x1 minnow are added to the fresh-kill pile!]
x1 big fish, x1 squirrel, and x1 minnow are added to the fresh-kill pile!]
[Medicine Store: x1 bright eye, x1 lovage, and x1 stinging nettle are added to the medicine store.]
[Den Supplies: x2 sticks and x1 stone are added to the supplies!]
[Pebbles: RainClan collects x11 pebbles!]
[Skills: All skills are added to the proper apprentices.]

[Hunting: Wasppelt, Ashnose, Diverpaw, Swiftheart, Dunnockpelt, and Sootheart hunt at the river.]
[Hunting: Sheeppelt, Lavendercloud, Cherryface, Firefoot, Laurelpaw, and Cloudfang hunt in the meadow]
[Patrol: Dusttail, Pearfoot, Cuckoofoot, Magpiepelt, Whimbrelf;ower, and Campionclaw patrol the river.]
[Gathering: Sagestar and Copperfoot search for den building items in the meadow.]
[Herbs: Briarleaf and Paleleaf search for herbs by the river. They both practice medicine.]
[Training: Swiftheart trains Diverpaw in Running.]
[Assessments: Laurelpaw attempts her warrior assessment! Should she pass, her new name will be Laurelfoot.]
[Dens: x1 stone, x1 moss, and x1 bramble are used to upgrade the warriors' den!
I'd like to upgrade the nursery. What will that cost?]
[Other: Added new den supplies! Yeet.]
[Kittings: Cinderstorm is kitting! Perhaps this handsome lad could have been the father before Cinderstorm joined Rainclan?]
[Trying For Kits: Campionclaw and Briarleaf stop with this slow burn nonsense and try for kits! As they're both mollies, Dusttail is their surrogate. Campionclaw is carrying their kit/s, if their attempt is succesful!
[Food: RainClan consumes x6 servings, or x1 big fish and x3 minnows.]

Leader: 1/1
          Sagestar | 46m | Female | 🐱
          Lives: ★★★★★★★★☆

Deputy: 1/1
          Dunnockpelt | 33m | Genderfluid (AMAB) | 🐱

Medicine Cat: 2/2
          Briarleaf | 56m | Female | 🐱
          Paleleaf | 14m | Male | 🐱

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
          Name | Age | Gender | Image

Warriors: 15/25
          Wasppelt | 46m | Female | 🐱
          Dusttail | 41m | Male | 🐱
          Ashnose | 33m | Female | 🐱
          Swiftheart | 24m | Male | 🐱
          Pearfoot | 38m | Male | 🐱
          Firefoot | 62m | Genderfluid (AFAB) | 🐱
          Lavendercloud | 31m | Female | 🐱
          Sootheart | 31m | Male | 🐱
          Sheeppelt | 58m | Female | 🐱
          Magpiepelt | 54m | Male | 🐱
          Copperfoot | 18m | Female | 🐱
          Whimbrelflower | 62m | Male | 🐱
          Campionclaw | 47m | Female | 🐱
          Cherryface | 35m | Agender (AFAB) | 🐱
          Cuckoofoot | 23m | Female | 🐱
          Cloudfang | 14m | Female | 🐱

Apprentices: 3/10
          Laurelpaw | 12m | Female 🐱
          Diverpaw | 10m | Female | 🐱

Caretakers: 5/10
          Applecloud | 25m | Male | 🐱
          Linnetwhisker | 25m | Agender (AFAB) | 🐱
          Cinderstorm | 42m | Female | 🐱

Kits:
          Newtkit | 5m | Female | 🐱
          Nightkit | 5m | Male | 🐱

Elders: 1/5
          Eveningflower | 96m | Male | 🐱
    Ally Clans:
    Clan Name (open) | Username

Enemy Clans

Borders
    North | Clan Name (open) | Username
    East | Clan Name (open) | Username
    South | Clan Name (open) | Username
    West | Clan Name (open) | Username

Medicine Store
    Alder bark (x1) | Chewed to ease toothaches
    Bindweed (x1) | Used to bind sticks together - when combined with a stick, can be used to keep broken bones in place
    Blackberry Leaves (x1) | Made into a poultice to soothe bee stings.
    Burdock Root (x1) | Chewed into a pulp, and then lessens pain of rat bites. Can also work for infected paws and other sores.
    Bright-eye (x2) | Crushed into a poultice and mixed with lovat to cure coughs
    Catchweed (x1) | Stops poultices from being rubbed off.
    Catmint (x2)| Eaten to cure whitecough and greencough
    Cobwebs (x2) | Put onto a wound to stop or slow bleeding. Can also bind broken bones
    Comfrey (x3) Repairs broken bones, soothes wounds, used for wrenched claws, used for itching, for inflammation on stiff joints, eases stiffness on wrenched shoulders when lined in a nest, and used for burns.
    Coltsfoot (x1) Chewed into a pulp and then eaten to cure shortness of breath. Can also heal cracked or sore pads.
    Daisy Leaf (x1) | Chewed into a paste for soothe aching joints or for use as a travelling herb.
    Dandelion (x2) | Used to heal bee stings or used as a painkiller
    Dock (x5) Soothes scrathes, sore paw pads, or can be placed along the lining of a nest to soothe wounds during sleep.
    Feverfew (x1) | Eaten to reduce body temperature, heal aches and pains, and cure headaches
    Goldenrod (x1) | Chewed into a poultice and used to heal wounds
    Horsetail (x1) | Treats infections and stops bleeding.
    Lamb's Ear (x1) | Eaten to give strength
    Lovage (x2) | Helps to cure coughs if combinded with bright-eye.
    Raspberry Leaves (x2) | Used as a painkiller, or to stop bleeding
    Rosemary (x1) | Masks the scent of a dead body.
    Rush (x1) | Binds broken bones
    Stinging nettle (x1) | Seeds are eaten to induce vomiting. Leaves are turned to a poultice to bring down swelling. Can be mixed with comfrey to help fix broken bones. Stems can be chewed to fight infection.
    Sweet-sedge (x1) | The sap is swallowed to ease infection
    Tansy (x1) | Cure coughs, cures wounds and poisons, prevents greencough, soothes throat, dangerous for pregnant cats
    Willow Leaves (x1) | Eaten to stop vomiting

Den Supply Store
    Moss | 0
    Brambles | 2
    Stones | 1
    Reeds | 0
    Leaves | 0
    Feathers | 0

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Birds | x0 | 3 servings
    Small Fish | x2 | 2 servings
    Big Fish | x0 | 3 servings
    Minnows | x3 | 1 serving
    Rabbit | x2 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x3 | 2 servings

Mentors:
    Smokeface | Laurelpaw | 6 | Hunting, Fighting, Climbing, Running, Stealth, Swimming
    Swiftheart | Diverpaw | 2 | Hunting, Fighting, Climbing

Deceased Cats:
    Daisypaw | Male | Drowning | 9m at death | 🐱
    Mallowcloud | Male | Murdered by Smokeface | 38m at death | 🐱

Family:
    Wasppelt and ? | Applecloud
    ? and ? | Linnetwhisker
    ? and ? | Swiftpaw
    Campionclaw and ? | Cloudfang, Daisypaw, Paleleaf
    Linnetwhisker and Applecloud | Newtkit, Nightkit
Last edited by frankie (dup) on Sat Jun 15, 2019 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
my dms are open,
but im a spoonie
and i may not
respond promptly.
it's not personal.
especially hmu if
you want to talk
about atla,
im autistic and its
been my special
interest for like.
a bajillion years.
➤ they/it lesbian
➤ canadian eh
➤ gay zuko
truther /lh
➤ please use
tonetags!
➤ feel free to ask for
my discord if we've
talked before
➤ help idk how to
make this pretty
frankie (dup)

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

♕ highgarden | ten

Postby eagle, » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:54 pm

total 34
      servings 6
      pebbles 20
      xx
      ________________ Image ________________
      xx

gods anytime
      kitting n/a
      injury none
      den decay 4m
      archive here

paragraphtawnyrose was lying in her nest in the temporary camp when softglow poked his head inside to find her. even at his entrance, the queen kept her eyes shut, opening them only when the king called out to her. "tawnyrose," he said, "the clan's ready to go, we're just waiting for you." with that, softglow dipped his head and disappeared back outside, leaving tawnyrose to gathering her thoughts on her own. from outside, she could hear the muffled voices of her clan, excited to return to their rightful home. with spring always came the flooding, when the snows melted from the mountains, filling the streams and rivers beyond their banks could hold until, at last, the waters swept through camp. the very thought of the yearly flood made tawnyrose freeze, recalling the memory of when her entire family was wiped out by the flooding. the highgarden she'd known as a kit, lost forever.
paragraphwhich was why she was particularly careful when it came to the recent seasons, constantly waiting for the first signs of the thaw so that she could get highgarden to the temporary camp, where they would be spared such an awful fate. "we're still alive," tawnyrose heard herself say aloud, reassuring her before she rose to her paws and shook out her fur. highgarden survived and would have moons of warmth and prosperity ahead of them to enjoy spring and summer; if nothing else, it was a cause for celebration, and tawnyrose knew precisely the way to honor the seven gods that cared for highgarden so dearly. but first, it was time to go home.
paragraphjust as softglow told her, the clan was waiting, gathered together in the clearing. she spotted tulipsteam and bassflow with their three kits, maplelily, sunglow, and smokeman nearby to help them take the kits back to the main camp. likewise, it appeared that merlinsong had gathered several thorns along with spencer to help carry his supplies, and softglow was speaking to him, likely asking if he needed any further help. before tawnyrose even had the chance to wonder where bluetcrest was, her attendant was at her side, and she shot him a sideways glance. together, they weaved through the clan to assess if there was any last-minute delay. "i sent swiftheart and dippernose to scout ahead, just to check to make sure that our journey would be safe," bluetcrest was saying, and tawnyrose nodded along with his words. "with tulipstream's kits, i didn't want to take any chances, and they're two of the fastest cats we have."
paragraph"that was a good idea, thank you," tawnyrose said, continuing to assess the crowd. "i want the thorns traveling in the middle with tulipsteam and merlinsong, and whoever else is assisting them," she said after a moment before nodding to mapleshadow, who was chatting with flickersky betonypetal. "have mapleshadow travel on the left flank, then hurricanejaw on the right. birchflame and clovershine'll take the back of the patrol." with that, she looked back to bluetcrest, who dipped his head diligently and made to turn away to tell those cats their instructions, but tawnyrose halted him. she hesitated, but lowered her voice, and bluetcrest leaned closer, "any news about him?" she asked, and bluetcrest was quick to shake his head. beyond the attendant's shoulder, tawnyrose could see erasmus among the other knights, not speaking as a part of them, but standing close enough to be associated with them. while it was clear that he was not able to yet integrate himself as one of the members in the same way that merlinsong seemed to welcome spencer and the roses had taken in sagecloud as one of their own, erasmus understood where he was supposed to fit into the hierarchy.
paragraph"no," bluetcrest said, keeping his tone quiet as well. "he's been keeping himself in line, it seems. he's gone to the herbalist den often, but i'm assuming that it's for spencer. otherwise he sticks to himself. goes on patrol, does whatever he's instructed." at that, tawnyrose flicked her tail dismissively, and bluetcrest turned on his heels, calling out to mapleshadow, birchflame, clovershine, and hurricanejaw, who were quick to assemble around the queen's attendant.
paragraphat last, it was time to leave, and tawnyrose turned to address her clan. the chatter faded out until the cats were silent, and tawnyrose tilted her chin up towards the sun when she finally commanded their attention. "cats of highgarden, today is a good day. thanks to the mother, we have survived the spring floods and may return to our rightful camp in the valley of the roses," she announced, pacing slowly from her place at the front of the patrol. to one side, softglow and bluetcrest were seated. for a long heartbeat, the clans remained in silence until a shout of joy went up from the middle of the group, and tawnyrose recognized hornetpaw's voice, followed by dippernose's chastisement, though the knight's words were lost under the chorus that joined hornetpaw. tawnyrose smiled and nodded in hornetpaw's direction. "we're going home," she stated simply. then, louder to be heard above her clan, "in honor of the mother and the gods that have graced us with our lives, i have decided to reinstate the spring tournament, where the knights will give a display of their strengths to give thanks to the mother and the warrior. in five days' time, we will honor our gods. for now, we stand together and reclaim our home." chatter rose again from behind tawnyrose, and the queen turned with a wave of her tail. with her king and her attendant at her sides, tawnyrose led highgarden back into the valley where their camp was waiting for them.

paragraphin the days that followed leading up to tawnyrose's spring tournament, the entire clan was abuzz with wonder and excitement, ready to take a break from the usual monotony of patrols and training. following the announcement, tawnyrose explained the spring tournament to her clan: the custom had been started seasons earlier, far back before she could remember, far before her parents could recall, she was sure. each spring, as a testament to another spring the clan had survived, the clan was to gather together to give thanks to the gods for allowing them sanctuary from the floods that threatened to sweep them away. to do so, the knights would engage in a fight without their claws, meant to showcase their strength for the queen. the knight who won would have the chance to lead patrols and choose his next thorn at his discretion. it was the type of reward that had several of the knights flexing their muscles, preparing themselves to show off.
paragraph"it's not fair," hornetpaw complained, not for the first time since the announcement. he was lying on his back in the grass outside of the thorns' den. iguanapaw was finishing her meal, sharing with warblerpaw, and tigergaze had joined them for the evening. ever since warblerpaw came to hornetpaw that one afternoon in the secondary camp, hornetpaw had been doing his best to invite her along whenever he was going somewhere. would she like to walk with him to the training hollow? had she eaten already and would she like to eat with him? and so on. for his own part, hornetpaw came to enjoy her company and dared to invite the other thorns, though the siblings kept close together and only accepted the invitations sparingly. in the moment, none of hornetpaw's friends seemed to have too much sympathy for him. "i should be allowed to fight," hornetpaw continued, swiping at the air above him, only to let out an indignant squeak when tigergaze jabbed a paw into his stomach.
paragraph"you're not a knight," iguanapaw pointed out dully, and warblerpaw laughed quietly.
paragraph"you guys are supposed to be my friends," hornetpaw huffed, aiming his next swipe at tigergaze, though his friend batted his paw away easily. with another sigh, hornetpaw rolled over so that he was on his stomach instead. "friends are supposed to be sympathetic and back me up and everything," hornetpaw pressed, though iguanapaw shot him a withering glance from over the finch. "besides," hornetpaw continued to argue, not yet deterred, "i'm old enough to be a knight, so that alone should be grounds enough to fight. i'm almost as big as tigergaze and i'm faster than sunglow."
paragraphthough iguanapaw and warblerpaw shared a knowing glance, tigergaze had the grace to shrug. "have you talked to dippernose about it?" he asked, flicking his tail when hornetpaw nodded dejectedly.
paragraph"maybe you just need to accept it," iguanapaw said with a shrug of her own. "it wasn't like your training started all that great," she pointed out, seemingly more interested in her meal than hornetpaw in the moment, and she returned to plucking a feather soon after speaking.
paragraph"please, do we really need to bring it up every time? so i got distracted a lot in the beginning, so what? i'm fine now. i can swim, i can hunt, and i can fight," hornetpaw replied with a bit of bite to his tone, one that pulled a question from warblerpaw:
paragraph"wait, i'm confused, what happened?" she asked, looking between her new friends. hornetpaw refused to meet her eyes, iguanapaw bit on a bone, leaving tigergaze to clear his throat.
paragraph"hornetpaw almost drowned in rose lake during one of his first training sessions. and he was fine -"
paragraph"thanks to a groveclan apprentice," iguanapaw cut in at last, only to swipe her tongue over her whiskers when hornetpaw shot her a look, hurt visible in his glance. she mustered an apologetic smile and stood to cross over to hornetpaw. at first, the older tom turned his head away from iguanapaw, though she pressed into his side. she caught warblerpaw's eye, who was looking on with wonder, but iguanapaw blinked slowly at her, hoping that she understood that it was a touchy subject, not to be spoken about so flippantly. iguanapaw herself made the slip. "i'm sorry," she murmured quietly, only to feel hornetpaw's muscles relax under her touch, and he turned back to her. "anyway, training is always rough in the beginning. and you're right, you're better now. but, come on, there'll be next spring. if tawnyrose is having a tournament now, there will definitely be more," she said, looking to her friends for further help.
paragraph"definitely. and then you'll have an even better chance since you'll have even more experience," warblerpaw added. she pushed aside the remains of the finch to join her friends, the group completed when tigergaze moved closer and nosed hornetpaw's shoulder.
paragraph"and just think about it, it's scary thinking about what i'm going to have to do in a few days, have you even seen how big some of the other knights are?" tigergaze said, wrinkling nose.
paragraphat that, hornetpaw let out a loud laugh, lighting up at the chance to poke fun at his friend. "gods, you're right. i wouldn't want in yet. even without claws, erasmus'll tear you apart," he said, and iguanapaw and warblerpaw were quick to join in.
paragraph"have you even seen hurricanejaw? isn't that what they say, that the quiet ones are always deadly?"
paragraph"he's my mentor and i can tell you that you don't stand a chance," iguanapaw confirmed with a nod, "and birchflame? he's not as big as erasmus, but he's strong enough."
paragraphthe pair went back and forth, discussing the different knights. how clovershine wasn't as muscluar as birchflame, but his eyes shifted a lot, so he must be faster than any of them knew. how bassflow and newtmask were bigger and stronger than tigergaze, surely. hornetpaw watched tigergaze's expression and caught when he winced. while the mollies giggled and rambled on, hornetpaw bumped his shoulder against tigergaze's. "you'll be fine. i wouldn't expect to win, but, that's the point. that why tawnyrose won't let anyone use their claws. when you get tired, you just stop. you'll be fine," hornetpaw assured, though tigergaze's expression only relaxed slightly.

paragraphthe training hollow was filled with the thorns and their mentors. though the thorns were unable to participate in the tournament, the knights had taken it upon themselves to have the younger thorns engage a small tournament of their own. dippernose had opted out with hornetpaw, saying that it would be better to have hornetpaw prepare for his upcoming assessment over playing at a tournament. the rest of the mentors were sitting around the perimeter of the hollow, hurricanejaw commanding the thorns and reminding them of the rules. they were merely sparring and trying to show off their strength, not trying to actually fight one another. from across the hollow, birchflame met clovershine's eyes, and the white tom flicked his ear silently, acknowledging that he understood that birchflame wanted to speak to him. clovershine leaned over to newtmask who was sitting beside him. newtmask nodded and clovershine padded away, having momentarily excused himself.
paragraphbirchflame, in turn, waited until hurricanejaw had finished running through the rules of the tournament and the thorns had begun before he looked to obsidianwing. the younger knight was watching the proceedings, his eyes tracking warblerpaw's form as she tussled with cougarpaw in a whirl of fur and lashing tails. "hey, would you mind looking at foxpaw? i'll just be a minute, i'll be right back," birchflame said, and obsidianwing blinked at him in surprise, clearly distracted, before he nodded and birchflame ducked away.
paragraphclovershine wasn't waiting far off, but he stood and loped towards birchflame. "i told newtmask i was having a stomach ache and needed to walk it off," clovershine said, and birchflame stifled a laugh.
paragraph"did you pick the most obvious excuse you could think of?" he teased, returning clovershine's lopsided smile. before his friend could say anything further, birchflame gestured for them to move away from the hollow, not wanting any of the others to see them standing and talking so openly. "come on, i need to tell you the plans for the tournament."
paragraph"the tournament?" clovershine parroted back, clearly surprised and not expecting it to be what birchflame wanted to speak about. birchflame shot him a sideways glance and clovershine winced, realizing that his voice had been raised. he bounded after birchflame, speaking when they were a safer distance from the training hollow. "what about the tournament?"
paragraphat last, birchflame rounded on clovershine, facing him when he spoke. "i need to win it, that's what," he said bluntly, and clovershine's eyes widened.
paragraph"are you crazy? erasmus is huge and comes from a rough clan. no offense, but i don't think anyone can beat him." when clovershine dared to speak the smoky tom's name aloud, he twisted around to scan their surroundings.
paragraphbirchflame rolled his eyes. "and we're from azgeda, or have you forgotten?" birchflame countered, to which clovershine scoffed and swished his tail. "exactly my point. we aren't so easy to mess with. we were trained by some of the best, we fought alongside some of the best, we are some of the best. scared of erasmus? i'm not. he's just big, but that doesn't mean anything." as he spoke, birchflame could see clovershine's eyes light up, his shoulders straightening as he gained confidence.
paragraph"right, so we'll team up, then," clovershine deduced, and birchflame nodded his agreement. "but what's the point? the tournament is just for the gods or whatever, what's the point of winning?" he asked then, and birchflame hummed softly.
paragraph"it's more than that, even if it's not official. it's to show the queen that you're strong. a queen must like strength. she has softglow, sure, but tawnyrose can see me - us, you too - as valuable. and the closer we are to her, the less she'll be to ask questions. she'll trust us. and we'll have power in the clan: influence, sway, she'll pick us to train more thorns. it's our way of ensuring that we live comfortably here for a long time, clovershine. help me win and we'll have this clan eating out of our paws."

paragraphobsidianwing watched warblerpaw dash ahead of him and the other mentors with the rest of the thorns following the impromptu thorn-tournament held in the training hollow. it had been a long spar, and obsidianwing himself had been surprised when iguanapaw came out on top as the winner of the group. even more surprising was the way the thorns all still found the energy to race one another back to camp, and bassflow had been the one to scoff as he watched them go, "i don't think i ever had the type of spunk. not even when i was that young," the older knight commented, though there was only amusement lining his tone, and hurricanejaw pulled a laugh from him when he replied:
paragraph"the way you talk, anyone would think you're an elder, turning into dirt before our very eyes," hurricanejaw said in a nonchalant tone that pulled a laugh from group, so much so that even newtmask cracked a smile.
paragraph"and you're even older than me. so what does that make you?" bassflow attempted to tease back, though hurricanejaw rolled his eyes.
paragraph"young at heart, i'd say. though iguanapaw would probably say that i'm ancient." hurricanejaw spoke in the same casual monotone, though obsidianwing joined the others in their laughter. it felt good, he reflected, to be a part of a group in this way. even when he'd been in basinclan, obsidianwing hadn't felt as if he was a real member. he didn't feel connected to any of the other cats, didn't feel like he really belonged. but there was a fullness that came to him while he was there, laughing between hurricanejaw and birchflame as the group of mentors waited their turn to go through thorny tunnel that fed into highgarden's camp.
paragraphbefore he had even managed to recover from his bout of laughter, he heard his name called from across the camp, and he found himself looking to smokemane, who waved him over. for a moment, obsidianwing almost wasn't sure if she was actually speaking to him, and he dared a glance over his shoulder to see that he was the only one standing there. that smokemane was most definitely addressing him and saw him look around for anyone else named obsidianwing.
paragraphhis fur warm, obsidianwing padded over to the pretty molly, who was busy grooming her long gray and white fur. "hey," he managed to say, keeping his voice even, "what's up?" he continued, mentally praising himself for not managing to embarrass himself any further yet.
paragraphfortunately, smokemane was kind enough not to comment on his actions and instead nodded to the space in front of her. "hi, care to sit for a minute? you must be tired after training thorns all day. and you should rest up, you know?" she said, letting out a breezy laugh, only to pause when obsidianwing must have appeared confused. "the tournament?" she filled in, brow furrowed slightly, "it's in, like, two days."
paragraph"right!" obsidianwing said as she spoke, quickly seating himself in front of smokemane. "right, of course, i didn't forget i'm just... i don't know, not as excited for it as some of the other knights are?" he said, questioning his own statement, even more so when smokemane tipped her head to one side. "i mean, i am excited, i am, i really am," he tried again, clearing his throat awkwardly, "but, like dippernose keeps talking about the different moves he's going to show off, and birchflame seems really intense about it. i'm just not like them, i guess." at that, smokemane's expression softened and she nodded.
paragraph"that makes sense. you're just not as competitive as they are," she said, and obsidianwing was quick to nod, taking the excuse as she laid it out for him. "i'm still looking forward to it. sunglow was saying the same things as you. he keeps saying that he'll be the first to tap himself out, like saying it now will make it easier on his ego later." she shrugged at that, then flicked her tail, "but you shouldn't worry. i was watching warblerpaw show iguanapaw some moves she said she learned from you, and they seemed really strong and quick. i'm sure you'll be great." at that, she seemed to have said what she called him over to say, and returned to grooming her chest fur. taking the cue, obsidianwing stood and began to pad away, though he paused for a heartbeat and then doubled back, blinking at her.
paragraph"are you going to be cheering someone on?" he asked, to which she squinted up at him, questioning. "i heard maplelily telling bassflow that she would be cheering for him since they're littermates. and warblerpaw and iguanapaw are cheering tigergaze on, since they're friends and he's the youngest. but... will you be?"
paragraph"oh, yeah," smokemane said, and her smile was gentle. "sunglow or newtmask, i guess," she said, quickly adding, "because sunglow's my brother and newtmask's my father. but if not for them, then i would be cheering for you." her words were so genuine, so sincere, that obsidianwing felt like he was walking on air when he turned away.

paragraphas the sun was setting over the highgarden camp, hurricanejaw settled in to groom his fur before he would be heading into his nest earlier. it was just as he was working a burr from his fur that a shadow fell over him, and hurricanejaw looked up at newtmask. the gray tom stood there for a moment, his eyes flicking back and forth before he cleared his throat. "can we talk for a minute?" he asked, and hurricanejaw nodded, unsure what he could possibly say in the moment. instead, he waited for newtmask to speak, which he did in his own time. "i just felt that we should clear the air between us. if there were any hard feelings, i'd like to stop them from continuing."
paragraphfor another moment, hurricanejaw could only blink at newtmask, his tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth. since hurricanejaw brought maplelily and her family to highgarden, hurricanejaw simply assumed that he and newtmask would interact only when push came to shove. though hurricanejaw was fine when it came to speaking with bassflow, maplelily herself, his kits, and even newtmask's kits, it was newtmask who proved to be the biggest unknown. not that hurricanejaw would blame him for the circumstances - newtmask had been maplelily's mate first. had their roles been revered, hurricanejaw would be bitter too. "i don't hold any ill will towards you," he stated truthfully, and newtmask nodded, still silent. hurricanejaw blinked at him again. "and i hope that you don't dislike me."
paragraph"i did," newtmask said at last, "i disliked you for a while. when maplelily had your kits. i was upset. i disliked you until i met you and saw that you weren't this evil unknown. you're not bad. gods, i doubt you even knew," newtmask said, and hurricanejaw shook his head with a weary smile. "like i thought," newtmask sighed, breathing out a short chuckle. "it'd be easier if i did hate you, if you weren't nice and funny. i wish you were rude and obnoxious," he said, earning a snort from hurricanejaw.
paragraph"no offense, but i'm glad that i'm not," hurricanejaw said in reply, and newtmask laughed again, this time a little louder.
paragraph"so am i, really." there was a long moment of silence between them before newtmask dropped his gaze to his paws. "i still love her, but i don't think that she's loved me in a long time."
paragraphhurricanejaw offered the other knight a sympathetic smile. "i'm sorry. if there was a way i could help, i would," he said, though newtmask merely sighed. hurricanejaw stood, deciding to leave him alone for the moment before pausing, "if it's any consolation. i don't love her anymore. and with the tournament... i don't know, it seems like a chance to get her attention, if that's really what you want." he rested his tail tip on newtmask's shoulder before walking away.

paragraphwhen the day of the spring tournament finally came, softglow awoke to the sound of tawnyrose and bluetcrest speaking excitedly just over his head. he blinked up at them, bleary, and it took him several moments to absorb words from their speech.
paragraph"- and the thorns helped clear a space large enough in the mother's grounds, just as you asked," bluetcrest was saying, only to pause and grin at softglow when the king raised his head. for as long as softglow had known bluetcrest, he consistently found himself unsettled by the attendant's smile. it was the type of smile that showed over sharp teeth and came off as predatory, even when softglow knew that bluetcrest was harmless, for the most part, and that there were far more cats with sharper teeth and a lot more reason to fear them. "there he is, good morning, ready for the big day?" bluetcrest said with that toothy smile, and tawnyrose huffed a laugh, which bluetcrest joined in.
paragraphsoftglow sighed and stood to shook out his pelt. "any news?" he asked. tawnyrose leaned to bluetcrest and whispered in his ear, then turned to exit the den, leaving softglow with bluetcrest.
paragraph"nope," bluetcrest said, popping the 'p' in the word, and softglow wondered if it did it just to annoy softglow in that moment. "everything is going according to plan. the tournament is set to begin at sunhigh, right on time."
paragraph"are all of the knights participating?" softglow asked before bluetcrest had the chance to follow tawnyrose out, and bluetcrest tipped his head to one side, eyes narrowing. clearly he understood exactly who softglow was so interested in knowing about.
paragraph"of course. such to honor the mother who protects us with her mercy," bluetcrest answered before turning on his heels. by the time softglow left his den, tawnyrose and bluetcrest were no where to be found, and asking mapleshadow who was sitting in the clearing told him that they had left to assess the set up for the tournament.
paragraphindeed, softglow concluded when the sun reached its zenith, the tournament would be an event to keep the entire clan entertained as the mothers grounds had been turned into a place worthy of the gathering. the trees and bushes were abloom with flowers, and spaces had been set aside for tawnyrose's inner circle to watch the knights, along with separate spaces for merlinsong in the case anyone was injured, the other spectators, and the great space for the knights.
paragraphthe air was charged with energy when the time came, and softglow's stomach tightened when tawnyrose addressed the knights sitting below them. on tawnyrose's other side, bluetcrest was arranged himself neatly, his tail placed over his paws and chin tipped toward the sky. tawnyrose, as well, looked the part of the noble queen with her meticulously groomed pelt. "remember, this is not to hurt or injure one another," tawnyrose was saying as softglow assessed the knights. in truth, they all looked impressive. even the younger knights such as tigergaze, obsidianwing, and sunglow looked lithe and muscled, ready to take on the likes of smallheart and newtmask. hurricanejaw's eyes were hooded, and covershine was standing shoulder to shoulder with birchflame. erasmus, however, towered over the other knights and softglow adverted his eyes quickly so that he would not make eye contact with the massive tom. "this tournament is for the mother in thanks for saving us from the flood. you may surrender at any time. and you all remember the reward. when i give the signal, you will begin." with that, tawnyrose sat and gave the knights time to orient themselves.
paragraphit was in that period of relative silence when softglow felt his mouth go dry and he remembered what he had told merlinsong the moon before when erasmus first came to their clan. what if he broke the rules and used his claws? they would surely lose several of their own before they had the chance to attack back. softglow's eyes turned to tigergaze and sunglow, who stood together and exchanged a glance as the other knights shuffled around the cleared space. they wouldn't stand a chance against erasmus. what if they had all been so wrong?
paragraphthen tawnyrose waved her tail and the tournament began.
paragraphbelow softglow, the knights erupted into battle, and his breath caught in his throat. he saw they leap at each other, pelts flashing, and his chest loosened when he realized that there was no howls of agony, no cry of pain. dippernose swatted at tigergaze, knocking him off-balance, but there was no flash of claws, and tigergaze was stunned, but otherwise fine. and, when his eyes tracked to erasmus, the massive tom gripped smallheart and tossed him aside, but he hadn't aimed to knock him into a tree or rock, and had grabbed the scruff of his neck. instead of looking to hurt the other knight, erasmus looked for where he would be fine, and smallheart landed on his paws and aimed a blow at bassflow in the next instant. erasmus hadn't tried to kill the smaller tom, and softglow released a long exhale.
paragraph"your nerves don't suit you, softglow," tawnyrose commented, and the king looked to the queen, who twitched her whiskers with amusement. "your job is to enjoy the display, not pass out from holding your breath." and, for the first time, softglow decided to listen to tawnyrose's advice. he looked into the tournament and realized that it was just what tawnyrose had promised: a display of strength of her knights. his ears pricked curiously, and he shuffled his paws. "see?" tawnyrose said, "enjoy the show." and she laughed then, though softglow realized that, perhaps for the first time, she wasn't laughing at him, she wasn't laughing to mock him, and softglow heard his own laugh mingle with the queen's.
paragraphfurther down, the roses and thorns were bunched together to cheer for the knights and, slowly, several of the knights began to escape the clearing, dipping their heads respectfully to tawnyrose, then softglow, then bluetcrest, before joining the other spectators or limp over to merlinsong, who nosed them over for any scrapes or other minor injuries. first sunglow and tigergaze, who dropped out at the same time - in what bluetcrest said must have been a planned move, and softglow was inclined to agree - then obsidianwing, smallheart, and so on. clovershine and birchflame fought together, as if a single unit, and softglow watched them, impressed. together, they batted dippernose back while hurricanejaw and erasmus were sparring across the clearing. at last, dippernose surrendered, then hurricanejaw, so that only erasmus stood against clovershine and birchflame. clovershine's sides heaved and birchflame shook dust out of his fur, though erasmus appeared unperturbed.
paragraphwith purpose, the three cats came together and softglow leaned forward as if to get a closer look. for what felt like a long time, it was a back and forth between the paired knights and erasmus. a mighty swipe of his paw would send clovershine skidding away, but the combined effort of birchflame and clovershine could send erasmus reeling and disorient him.
paragraphat last, a gasp went up from the spectators when erasmus managed to grab clovershine by his scruff in a similar way he had to smallheart. birchflame was collecting himself from where erasmus had sent him scrambling a heartbeat earlier. clovershine hit the ground and appeared to be stunned, and erasmus looked up towards tawnyrose when clovershine let his head rest against the ground, submitting, though tawnyrose said nothing. erasmus' brow furrowed until, in the same moment, birchflame exploded and rose himself from the ground, catching erasmus under his chin. erasmus stumbled back, but birchflame pursued him alone now that clovershine had crawled away towards merlinsong. it seemed that, before erasmus could properly catalog birchflame's movements, the ginger tom landed another blow and caught him off guard. softglow's breath was caught in his throat when erasmus landed sideways and birchflame moved forward to pounce, but erasmus waved his tail. "i submit!" he bellowed, and the clearing fell silent.
paragraphall eyes turned to tawnyrose, and the only sound came from merlinsong and clovershine speaking in hushed tones. until tawnyrose nodded to birchflame, her eyes glittering with what softglow could only place as intrigue. "birchflame, as queen of highgarden, i name you the champion of the spring tournament. the mother smiles down on you, knight." with that, cheers erupted from the clan and birchflame stood in the middle of it all.
paragraph"i credit my victory to you, my queen," birchflame said, blinking up at tawnyrose. "my victory is to honor the gods and the mother, but also you. we have been blessed by the gods, and i won for you." tawnyrose, in the moment, dipped her head again before climbing down from the perch. she padded through the others until she stood beside birchflame, facing the clan.
paragraph"the spring tournament has come to a close. i present you your champion."

actions
[ dens ] tawnyrose inquires into expanding the den for roses and knights
[ consumption ] highgarden eats one big fish and three mice
[ gods visit ] tawnyrose requests a root from the gods
[ rank changes ] hornetpaw is ready to take his assessment. if he passes, he will be known as hornetshade
[ hunting 1 ] tawnyrose, bluetcrest, betonypetal, maplelily, smokemane, and flickersky hunt
[ hunting 2 ] softglow, mapleshadow, swiftheart, sunglow, tigergaze, and smallheart hunt
[ supply gathering ] dippernose, erasmus, and sagecloud
[ training ] iguanapaw, warblerpaw, cougarpaw, racoonpaw, foxpaw, and wolfpaw learn how to swim
[ herb hunting ] merlinsong and spencer
[ herbalists ] merlinsong and spencer practice medicine
[ notes to mod ] i ask that no one die on patrols though injuries are fine xx

roots (4/10)
            tulipstream, 30m, ♀
            - mate: bassflow
            - kits: stagkit, seedkit, rabbitkit
            name, age, gender
            notes

seedlings
            stagkit, 2m, ♂
            seedkit, 2m, ♀
            rabbitkit, 2m, ♀
            name, age, gender
            notes

wilted (0/5)
            name, age, gender
            notes
            name, age, gender
            notes

allies & enemies & borders
            here

medicine
            here

prey
            total x42
            mouse | x13 | 1 servings
            vole | x6 | 1 servings
            squirrel | x4 | 2 servings
            rabbit | x3 | 2 servings
            big fish | x1 | 3 servings
            finch | x2 | 3 servings

den supplies
            brambles x1
            feathers x0
            moss x1
            rocks x1
            sticks x0

mentors
            dippernose, hornetpaw, 4
            bassflow, cougarpaw, 3
            newtmask, racoonpaw, 2
            birchflame, foxpaw, 3
            clovershine, wolfpaw, 3
            hurricanejaw, iguanapaw, 2
            obsidianwing, warblerpaw, 3
            mentor, thorn, 0

deceased
            here

family trees
            here
eagle,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eyeris » Sat Jun 15, 2019 11:51 am

SMOKECLAN
Number of Cats: 009 | Next Starclan Visit: Here | Next Den Decay: Here | Pebbles: 20

Silent figures slipped through the black of the night as the flames in their eyes grew hotter, more ravenous and dangerous. They’d come from a variety of situations, all having ended with similar outcomes. They’d been betrayed, used, defeated, humiliated - and they would not stand for it any longer.
The sole molly of the group padded forward towards an uprooted tree stump, leaping on top of it and turning to her followers. “Brothers.” Her voice is cold as ice as she speaks, tail twitching furiously. “For too long, we have been maltreated. These fools think they can play with us and throw us away at their pleasure, but no more!”
An uproarious cry rang through the air at her words, the various toms rising to their paws at her rally. She grinned and raised a paw to the sky. “We are SmokeClan, my brothers! We shall rise from the flames which destroyed us, and choke our enemies in their sleep!”
• SmokeClan is founded
• Mercypurr requests a medic
• Mercypurr, Softbaby, Sharktooth, Ramstomp, and Toadlegs go on a hunting patrol
• Howlretch, Breezefur, Snowflash, and Emberflight go on a border patrol

Leader: (0/1)
          Mercypurr | 39m | Molly | X

Deputy: (0/1)
          Softbaby | 38m | Tom (nb) | X

Royal Guards: (2/5)
          Toadlegs | 36m | Tom | X
          Sharktooth | 32m | Tom | X

Medicine Cat: (0/2)

Warriors: (0/20)
          Emberflight | 34m | Male (S) | X
          Snowflash | 23m | Tom | X
          Howlretch | 51m | Tom | X
          Breezefur | 22m | Tom | X
          Ramstomp | 23m | Tom | X

Apprentices: (0/10)

Queens: (0/10)

Kits: (*See Queens*)

Ally Clans:
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Enemy Clans
    Clan Name | Username
    Clan Name | Username

Borders
    North | Clan Name | Username
    East | Clan Name | Username
    South | Clan Name | Username
    West | Clan Name | Username

Medicine Store
    Herb | Usage
    Herb | Usage

Den Supply Store
    Build Material | Amount
    Build Material | Amount

Fresh-Kill Pile:
    Mice | x0 | 1 servings
    Shrew | x0 | 1 servings
    Rabbit | x0 | 2 servings
    Squirrel | x0 | 2 servings
    Hare | x0 | 3 servings
    All birds | x0 | 3 servings

Mentors:

Deceased Cats:

Family:
    Name and Name | Kits
    Name and Name | Kits
Eyeris

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Create A Clan- V.4 [ NORTHERNCLAN - xvii ]

Postby solyn » Sat Jun 15, 2019 3:56 pm

𝐍𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐍.
population: 42 cats [ 21 fem : 21 male ]
servings required: 08 [48] - pebbles: 20
𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙖𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙩
moderator: deimos - next moonstone: 9th june
moons since last nonsense: 1

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧 𝐚𝐠𝐨.
    The wind howled around Sleetstar insistently as she stormed through the territory. It reminded her for the first day she'd come to the territory: snowflakes battering her face as she squinted into the oncoming snow-storm, not bothering to pay attention to where her paws took her. Her head felt muddled and her chest felt hollow. She hadn't meant to say what she had to Summitsky, but the worst part was that she'd meant it. Wolfpaw and Butterflypaw were her kits by blood, but whenever she looked at them, she felt ill from the reminder of what they represented.
    A particularly icy patch of ground caught her paw and she slipped, falling onto her shoulder into the snow. Hissing in pain, she struggled to drag herself upright, but she couldn't find any purchase. All around her, the falling snow turned the world white, features of the territory indistinguishable through the haze. Finally, Sleetstar collapsed with a sob, curling her face into the crook of her paw to shield it from the harsh wind, as she allowed herself to grieve for everything. For her life before, for Galepaw, for whatever it is she'd gotten herself into.
    Teeth fastened in the scruff of her neck, and she jolted, thrashing as a familiar scent reached her nose. But it was too late, and she was being dragged. She tried to yowl for help, but her voice was stolen by the wind as she struggled against the firm hold. Rocks scraped at her flank where the snow was thin, before suddenly she was being dragged over pine-needles, and into a warm hollow, shielded from the elements. Varvara let her go, settling down across from her with a solemn look on her face. Sleetstar averted her gaze, dragging herself into a more dignified sitting position.
    "What on earth are you doing, wandering around in a storm like this?" Sleetstar glared at her, balefully.
    "What are you doing out here?" The other molly shrugged.
    "I needed to get away for a bit, clear my head. But... you know how the weather is. I got caught before I could make it back. I figured I could take shelter until the storm passed." Sleetstar didn't respond to that, and she simply turned her back on the other she-cat to settle down, facing the tree-trunk. When Varvara spoke again, her voice sounded broken, genuinely wounded. "Now you won't even look at me?"
    "After what you did? Tell me why I should." Varvara didn't seem to have an answer for that. The pair of them lapsed into silence, as Sleetstar cleaned her paw, inspecting it for any terrible damage. It mostly seemed to be a momentary twist that had ailed it, assuaged by the reprieve from bearing her weight. Suddenly, without her injury bothering her, Sleetstar felt furious. For of course, it was Varvara's fault she was here in the first place. She whirled on her, suddenly.
    "What? No grand remark to that? You always were such a smart cat, but I suppose that's testament to just how much you messed up, huh?" Varvara refused to look up from her paws. "I hope it was worth it, Var. I hope Boscoe is everything you ever dreamed of. I hope he's everything you deserve for casting me out and then acting like I still deserved to be hung up on you, for trying to take away my one shot at a new life. I'm sorry that you're not the most important thing in my life anymore, but did innocent cats really have to die for that? Not just Galepaw, but our friends, cats we'd known our whole lives, all because you couldn't let go of a petty grudge." Varvara's eyes lifted, glistening with tears.
    "Why did you leave me?"
    "You exiled me-"
    "No," Varvara shook her head, "no. Before that. You were slipping away. You were going to leave me-"
    "It was never like that," Sleetstar shook her head, frustrated, "I overhead him, Boscoe. He was talking about purging the clan, getting rid of anyone who didn't have generations worth of blood ties to the group. He wanted to consolidate power and ensure loyalty to him, and he thought he could do it by getting rid of any cat who was... 'new' to the Merchants. You, especially, because everyone liked you- he knew you had sway in the group and he wanted you gone. So I thought... I thought if I could get close to him, I could keep you safe. For long enough that I could turn the Merchants against him. Kip- Brackenstrike- would have supported me. And there were others. But..."
    "Why didn't you just tell me?" Varvara's voice cracked. "It was supposed to be me and you, Sloane, against the world. And I thought you were abandoning me. I thought you just wanted to climb the ranks, and I was your stepping stone to vault yourself higher up the social ladder. You hurt me."
    "I know. And I'm sorry. I should have told you what was going on, but I... I don't know. I think I was afraid that you wouldn't believe me, or that someone else would find out, and I half didn't want to burden you, and half selfishly I wanted to be the one to save you. To have Boscoe exiled and have a dramatic, romantic moment where I reveal that it was all for you. That it always has been." Sleetstar lifted her gaze to meet Varvara's. "But that's in the past now, isn't it? And I can't take back what I did, and I don't know if I can fix it. But I have to be Sleetstar now, because that's who I am. And Sleetstar has to look out for her clan first, has to be outraged at what you did." Varvara looked away.
    "He smelled your clan on me," she said quietly, "I'd been finding Thunderjaw on patrols, making him tell me things about you so I could make sure you were okay. But Boscoe caught on... he demanded I tell him what was going on, smacked me around until I did. And I was so angry with you for moving on... and I did. I shouldn't have, but I did, and then he decided we were going to attack. And when I saw you there, and Ki- Brackenstrike... I wanted Thunderjaw to end it. But he wouldn't. And now I have to live knowing that I'm responsible for your pain." Varvara closed her eyes. "I've made so many mistakes."
    "And so have I," Sleetstar said, her voice quiet but raw. The chocolate molly lifted her eyes to meet Sleetstar's. "But Var... you are not a mistake. Not to me. Never to me. Understand?" Varvara's smile was small, but genuine, as she scooted closer. Their pelts pressed together, as Sleetstar tilted her head to brush their noses together. Varvara let out a choked sigh of relief, as she pressed closer, nuzzling against the pointed molly.
    "Don't you have someone waiting for you at home?" Varvara asked, suddenly drawing back. Sleetstar sighed, closing her eyes as her shoulders sagged.
    "Another mistake. I don't want to burden you but... I really wish I could talk about this with someone."
    "I know you've no reason to trust me, but..." Varvara touched her nose to her cheek, tentative and shy, "I'm here for you. Always."
    "You're you," Sleetstar said, eyes shining with adoration, "and that's reason enough." They fell silent, Varvara's smile pleased but shy, as Sleetstar's expression became drawn, troubled. After a long moment, she spoke. "The clan system... to become a leader, the spirits of the cats before you must bless you. Northstar used to lead NorthernClan before it died out just before we were born. She offered me... a deal. Lead the clan, destroy the Merchants. It seemed good at the time, but now... now I don't know. She's controlling- she chose my deputy for me, that cat that Boscoe doesn't like, and then... then she told me I had to take a mate. And have kits. And now whenever I look at them, I feel furious for what they took from me. You, the ability to fight back against Boscoe. And the worst part is, they're all innocent. They've done nothing. It was all me. I did this to myself."
    "Oh... Sleetstar." Varvara sighed, letting her lean against her shoulder as she sobbed. "I'm sorry. I wish I could have been there for you."
    "I wish you were too," she said, and as Varvara opened her mouth to reply, eyes troubled by regret, Sleetstar gave her a bittersweet smile, "I understand why you can't be." Varvara fell silent again, thinking. Then, after a moment, she lit up, turning to the other with a warm smile as she swept her tail around the other, snuggling close to her.
    "If I had a clan name, what would it be?" Sleetstar glanced at her, surprised, before thoughtfulness settled into her features. She gave the other molly a once over, before a slow smile spread across her face as one came to mind.
    "Burningflame," she said, decisively, "your coat is the colour of burning logs, but your spirit is that of a raging wildfire. Indomitable. Strong, and furious- you've always been able to take down anything that stood in your way, and while it makes you something to behold, it also makes you beautiful. If I was the leader of your clan, that is what I would name you." Varvara smiled, pressing her nose to Sleetstar's again.
    "Then in your heart of hearts, know me as that, and you'll carry me with you, always. And until I can be with you again, that's how I'll know myself, so even when we're apart, that piece of your soul will stay with me: Sleetstar and Burningflame." Sleetstar chuckled a little, nuzzling their foreheads together. Varvara sighed, suddenly, ears flattening. "I have to tell you. Boscoe wants me to have his kits."
    "Don't," Sleetstar said, firmly, "just hold on, whatever way you can. We'll figure this out, together." Varvara nodded.
    "Together." A pause. "What about... what about your new family."
    "I don't... anticipate that lasting much longer. Summitsky and I haven't been seeing eye to eye ever since the kits were born," she let out a sigh, "he's a good tom, he really is. In another life, maybe it could have worked, and I hate to hurt him but... even before I ran across you today, I'd sowed the seeds that damaged our relationship beyond repair. Now I think what's best for everyone, me, him and our children, is that it ends." Varvara nodded, casting a glance at the raging snowstorm outside.
    "We've time, don't we? Tell me about them, your new family- not just Summitsky and the kits, but everyone." Sleetstar smiled, and as the world went on around them, she caught Varvara up on everything that she'd missed in their time apart, the heaviness in her chest making way for a brilliant warmth, as if re-attaching a limb she'd struggled without for so long.

-

"I can't see anything," Asumaspaw's voice was almost drowned out over the wind as she huddled close to Frostclaw's bulky form. The big tom grunted his acknowledgement, bracing himself against a powerful gale. Things would likely be easier if they'd had any clue where Sleetstar had run off to. Frostclaw was still relatively new to the clan, and looking after Ausmaspaw on patrol while also trying to keep an eye out for the leader was a little bit much for him to handle. Missing something had the potential to turn sour very quickly for the clan, and Frostclaw did not want to be held responsible.
    "We should head back," he said, turning, and smashing straight into a solid shape. Ausmaspaw let out a yelp of surprise. The force of it would have knocked a lesser cat off of his feet, but Frostclaw remained standing, barely, staring into the odd eyes of another tom. At his shoulder, a calico she-cat watched them, looking bewildered at having found them. Ausmaspaw cast an anxious look at Frostclaw, who in turn stared warily at the strangers.
    "They don't smell like rogues," Ausmaspaw said, and Frostclaw nodded.
    "This is NorthernClan territory," he said, "state your business."
    "Passing through," the tom said bluntly, "if this weather has anything to say about it, maybe not."
    "You don't control the weather, Twosight," the she-cat said, making the tom grumble crankily. She turned to Frostclaw with a small smile. "Don't mind him too much, he's old and cranky and the cold air is hard on his delicate nose. I'm Maplebreeze and this is Twosight, we're former warriors of a clan through the mountain pass, BorealClan. The clan disbanded after an attack by wolves, unfortunately, but we managed to survive. We're just trying to find somewhere new to settle down."
    "Well, I doubt you're going to get anywhere during this weather," Frostclaw said, flicking his ear with a sigh, "we've lost our leader to the snow, so she won't have a chance to object to us sheltering you through it, if you'd like. After that, when she inevitably returns, you all can have a chat about whether or not you want to stay."
    "Because this place is so charming," the tom named Twosight muttered, shooting daggers at the calico as she clipped him around the ears.
    "That sounds great. Thank you...?"
    "Frostclaw. This is Ausmaspaw."
    "Ausmas? That's a unique prefix," Maplebreeze said with a purr, falling in step with the smaller apprentice to act as her windblock. Frostclaw struck out first to lead the party back to camp, Twosight at his shoulder. Behind him, he could hear Ausmaspaw's pleased purr as she and Maplebreeze continued their conversation.
    "Thanks!" She mewed. "It's a type of rose."
    "Weather always this terrible?" Frostclaw turned, surprised to find Twosight's nose about an inch away from his own. Feeling suddenly hot under the pelt, he turned his gaze away and continued on forward with a hapless shrug.
    "Sometimes. Leafbares are always harsh, but it can get quite hot during Greenleaf. You just happened to pick the worst season for it, I suppose." Twosight chuckled, a gruff sound as he shook his head.
    "Just my luck, eh? Your apprentice as mouthy as mine is?" He cast a glance back at Maplebreeze, where she was laughing at something Ausmaspaw had said. Frostclaw smiled a little, shaking his head. That explained why the pair were travelling together, despite an obvious lack of family resemblance and the absence of any kind of romantic energy between them.
    "Oh, Ausmaspaw isn't my apprrentice, she's only helping out with patrols for today, but I can say with full certainty that I'm not nearly so cranky that I would consider any apprentice to be 'mouthy' when they're as kind as Maplebreeze seems to be." Twosight snorted another gruff chuckle, eyes glittering with amusement as he met Frostclaw's gaze again.
    "That's how she gets you."

-

In the wake of the storm, patrols emerged from their shelters all over the territory in order to continue on. Midnightblaze's hunting patrol had managed to be close enough to camp to take shelter there during the blizzard, and now they wandered back out of camp, in pairs, travelling back to the best hunting grounds. At the head of the patrol, Midnightblaze and Splitface chatted amicably, with Hollyfeather and Hawkeyes just behind them, in silence. Bringing up the rear were Bramblingpaw and Whisperwind, the latter of which hung back so he was walking single-file at the very back of the patrol. Undeterred, Bramblingpaw dropped back to walk in-step with the other tom.
    "Hey. Whisperwind, right?" The white tom gave him a suspicious look, and a nod. Bramblingpaw gave him a wide smile. "Hi. I'm Bramblingpaw. We haven't met properly yet, but as far as I can tell, you're the cat who's closest in age to me and Ausmaspaw, so I figure we should hang out a little, right? We could be friends." Whisperwind looked amused at that.
    "You don't know a thing about me," he said, "for instance, long before you got here, rogues attacked the clan and killed my sister, Galepaw."
    "I'm sorry to hear that," Bramblingpaw said, sincerely, and without missing a beat, "but that just means you could use a friend even more, doesn't it? Everyone says you only hang out with Bearears, but only having one friend must be lonely, especially if you carry the burden of everyone knowing what tragedies you've experienced and never letting you move on past that. What you told me that for was obvious, but it's going to take more than that to scare me off being your buddy. Handsome young toms have to stick together, after all." He nudged Whisperwind's shoulder, companionably, and the white tom looked away with a privately pleased smile.
    "You sound like Howlingeye," he said, after a beat of silence. Bramblingpaw purred.
    "There are worse things," he said, lowering his voice a little, "sounding like Hollyfeather for one." Whisperwind snorted, and the she-cat in question turned to narrow her eyes at them suspiciously. Bramblingpaw gave her an innocent smile until she turned away, before he cast a wink at Whisperwind.
    "Okay," the tom said with a small smile, "I'll entertain the idea of friendship. You've got three questions."
    "Alright," Bramblingpaw crooked a grin at him, bobtail wiggling from side to side as he thought, "one- if you had to eat one kind of prey for the rest of your life, what would it be? Two, what's your favourite colour that the sky can turn, and three... most embarrassing thing that happened to you as an apprentice."
    "Weird questions." Whisperwind shook his head. "First... the big river in the east of the territory has salmon sometimes, but pretty much the only cat in the clan who can catch them are the bigger ones like Minkfur, Thunderjaw and Brackenstrike, but they're always on the borders so we never get them, but if in the hypothetical I could access this prey without worldly restrictions, then salmon. Two, I like it when it's sunset and the sky turns orange-pink. And three... I don't know."
    "You're a terrible liar," Bramblingpaw said with a grin, startling Whisperwind, "and if you say 'I am not' then you admit you were lying. Anyway, I'll go first. In PineClan, we were learning how to climb, and I was showing off to one of my brothers and I missed a branch and caught myself on the chin on the way down. Luckily, the tree wasn't that high so it didn't hurt when I landed on the ground, but Ausmaspaw has never let me live it down. Now you." Whisperwind sighed, as if it was the most inconveniencing thing in the world.
    "Once, when we were climbing up to one of the training hollows, I slipped on some ice and fell and I knocked Summitsky's legs out from under him, and when he fell, he knocked over Galepaw, so the only cat who managed to be standing still was Bearears, and she was laughing so hard that she lost her footing and well as well. And I had a bit of a bruised paw from it so then I had to explain the whole thing to Poppywish, while Bearears kept laughing at the memory of it. So, I suppose that would be it."
    "Well that's hardly all that embarrassing," Bramblingpaw purred, "you just demonstrated an excellent technique if you ever have to battle again. Just curl up into a ball and roll as fast as you can and you'll knock them down one by one." Whisperwind rolled his eyes, exhaling a chuckle.
    "That's a terrible strategy."
    "Sure, but it made you laugh, didn't it?" Whisperwind darted forward so that he wouldn't have to admit that it had, Bramblingpaw's laughter following him all the way up to Midnightblaze.

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐨𝐧.
    "Relieved to be out?" Minkfur's teasing tone made Twilightflower roll her eyes, as Rivermask snickered beside her. Even Thunderjaw, normally stoic, cracked a smile. Twilightflower sniffed indignantly, sweeping her tail around her kits.
    "I've been in there far longer than you, and with far more drama," she cast a glance across to Summitsky, where he was sitting, listening to Wolfpaw recount something to him while Butterflypaw burrowed into his side, "I think I've earned a little relief about things getting a little bit more normal."
    "But is it really normal if you've only ever been in the nursery? One could argue leaving the nursery removes the normality from your life."
    "Rivermask?" Twilightflower said, amused. "I love you, but you're a pain." The pointed molly laughed, leaning into Breakerhowl, although her raucous amusement quietened as Sleetstar leaped up on top of the tall rock used to host clan meetings. A hush fell across the clan in anticipation. Their leader cleared her throat, eyes closed for just a second, before she took a deep breath and began to speak.
    "Before I host the new apprentice ceremonies, I want to apologize to Wolfpaw and Butterflypaw for their ceremonies last moon. I wasn't fair to them in the way I described their appointment. To my son and my daughter- I know I've not been the best mother, but you both have so much of your father in you, and that makes you wonderful. I stand by my appointments of your mentors. Thunderjaw is not only a strong warrior, but he is kind, and resilient, and so, so brave. I would be lucky to have a son like him, and so I hope that he can instill some of that magic in you, Wolfpaw. And Butterflypaw? Your father's greatest strength is his gentleness. He is sweet and he cares implicitly about others. He puts the feelings of others above his own even when he probably shouldn't, and this doesn't make him any lesser. I know he'll teach you everything he can, and I hope that you can learn from him about how to be proud of your softness, and that you can grow to be comfortable with who you are. I am so proud of both of you, and I can't wait to see how you prosper as apprentices of NorthernClan." Summitsky smiled a little, with a nod to Sleetstar. She nodded back, with a deep breath.
    "Now, continuing on. I owe much to Twilightflower, whose kits today have reached their sixth moon, and are ready to become apprentices. Apprentices are the future of this clan, and I ask StarClan to watch over them as they begin their journey to warrior-hood. Tempestkit, Blizzardkit, Brewingkit and Lightningkit, you have potentially the coolest prefixes in the entire clan-" Howlingeye's laugh was shushed by Midnightblaze, but chuckles rippled around the clan, tension broken, "-and I know that when you receive your warrior names, they will be wonderful. Until then, you will be known as Tempestpaw, Blizzardpaw, Brewingpaw and Lightningpaw, respectively. Tempestpaw, your mentor will be Howlingeye. For too long now, I have been cautious of Howlingeye, because he is headstrong and vigilant, and I've been afraid of how our opinions might class. Now, I see I have been foolish. Howlingeye is loyal, and kind, and proud, and there are many virtues he will pass on to you that will make you one of the greatest warriors this clan has ever seen, should you choose to follow in his footsteps." Cheers went up for the newest apprentice, as she bounded across the camp to touch noses with Howlingeye.
    "Blizzardpaw, your mentor will be Hollyfeather. Hollyfeather has been with this clan since it's foundation, and time and time again she has proven herself to be dedicated, steadfast and hard-working. She will train you as thoroughly as she completes every other task for this clan, and for this reason I am sure she will make you a great warrior." Hollyfeather looked stunned as Blizzardpaw strode toward her, stretching up to touch his nose to hers.
    "Brewingpaw, your mentor will be Splitface. She is wonderful- an adept hunter, a fierce warrior and a devoted she-cat. There is no one better to train you as a warrior, and I know that under her tutelage you will be great." More cheers went up for Brewingpaw, who crossed to Splitface and touched noses with her, both cats beaming with pride. He settled at her paws with a companionable 'hello' exchanged with Flamepaw.
    "And finally... Lightningpaw. Your mentor will be Hawkeyes. He may think I've not noticed him, but I have been informed by Midnightblaze of his excellence. Hawkeyes doesn't make a fuss of his dedication to the clan. He may be quiet, but he works hard and he excels at what he does. I know that he will be a kind and patient mentor to you, and I hope that together you will grow to be as great a warrior as he is." The last round of cheers went up for the new apprentices, as Sleetstar stood tall atop the rock, looking down on her clan with pride.
    Midnightblaze got to his paws, calling out to the clan to organize patrols. As cats began to branch off, organizing to go about their tasks for the day, Summitsky lifted his head to catch Sleetstar's eye. There was a relief, there, and a pride, and as their eyes met, he nodded to her. She nodded back, feeling a little of the pressure lift from her shoulders. A flash of movement caught her eye, in the far corner of the camp, near one of the crevices, a starry pelt watched her. Sleetstar met her eyes, and lifted her chin. Just as quickly as she had appeared, she vanished, disappearing into the shadows.

-

"Howlingeye, wait up!" The tom paused, turning to look over his shoulder at Koishimmer as she bounded after him. Twilightflower and Hollyfeather had branched off to hunt alone a little earlier, but Koishimmer and Birchfang had been happy enough trailing Howlingeye as he headed toward the eastern rivers to fish. Now, Birchfang hung back, clearly respecting Koishimmer's space, which tipped the pointed tom off that there was something she wanted to ask.
    "Something I can help you with?" He asked, evenly, and Koishimmer looked embarrassed that she'd been picked so easily. After a moment, she nodded.
    "I... wanted to ask your advice on something," she said, "I know you're close with my dad, and I know you probably know what happened between us, and I suspect you know why he left too. But I'm not gonna ask you to tell me, because I know that you won't, because whatever it is he doesn't want me to know. I just..." she blew out a sigh, "look, I'll level with you. You seem like a smart cat outright, and you seem like you have the information required to be able to say whether or not it's worth it for me to try and get answers from him. Which is... I guess my question. Like, what you think I should do about my dad, I mean."
    "Well," Howlingeye said, thoughtfully, "I suppose the first question you should ask yourself is what you're hoping to get out of this." Koishimmer paused, as if she hadn't thought of that, and turned her face up to the sky.
    "Closure, I guess," she said, finally, "I've been so angry for so long. I mean, we lost our first dad, and then he left us too. I know he was grieving and struggling, but... that was so long ago, now, and then he was just gone. And when I found him here... I guess it felt like it had replaced us. And all those moons I spent missing him and hurting and wondering if it was something my sisters and I did to make him leave... and part of me wants to hate him for all that, but most of all I just miss him, and I want my dad back. But... I can't just get over everything if I don't know why he did it, you know?"
    "I understand," Howlingeye said, "for what it's worth, I think it's very smart the way you're handling all this. I saw how upset you were when you first found him here, and I wish I could tell you why he left, but... it's not my secret to tell. We became friends because he confided in me, and he trusted me, and I won't break his trust, not even for the greater good I'm afraid. Besides, I think it's something that he needs to talk through with you, not just for your sake but for his sake too. It's been weighing on him, it really has, but... Koishimmer, I have to warn you. If you do ask, you might not like the answer you get. Are you prepared for that?" She thought for a beat.
    "Yes. I am."
    "In that case, I think it's worth it. I'm his friend, so of course I would say that, but family is important. I don't really have any myself, you know, and I can't tell you how much I wish that I did. You have to hold on to the people that you love, and it's obvious from the way you speak about each other that you care about each other very much. So I think you should ask, and you should try to fix it but... you will have to be patient with him. What happened hurt him very deeply, and even though it hurt you too, it left him afraid of how much more it could hurt you if the secret ever got out."
    "I don't suppose you'd be willing to run interference."
    "Not a chance, sweetpea." Koishimmer laughed.
    "I figured it was a shot in the dark but... thanks." She paused a little. "For everything. I think a part of me thought I'd stay mad at him forever, but I don't want that."
    "I'm glad," Howlingeye's smile was kind, as he nudged her shoulder, "I hope you and your father can work everything out. Now, get back there and hang out with Birchfang before he gets so sad he explodes." Koishimmer laughed, shooting Howlingeye one more grateful smile before she turned and bounded back toward her friend.

-

"Tell us a story," Silverkit pleaded. Rivermask cast a look toward Minkfur, who shrugged, one paw curled loosely around her sleeping she-kit. The elder one, the tom, was standing with his shoulder pressed tightly up against Silverkit's. Since their birth, Silverkit and Sprucekit had been nigh inseparable, only parting to go to sleep. Although young, the pair were already causing trouble. Breakerhowl and Rivermask blamed it on each other, in Silverkit's case, but Thunderjaw was under no illusions that Sprucekit's reckless and rowdy nature was borne from his genes.
    "Please?" Aurorakit echoed, gazing up at her mother with wide eyes. Rivermask sighed, with a light laugh.
    "Alright then, if I'm going to be mobbed like this." Minkfur rolled her eyes, but a smile broke through as the kits squealed in excitement, bounding back to Minkfur to settle down against her flank. Aurorakit scampered after them, squeezing on the other side of her sister, careful not to wake Willowkit. Rivermask thought for a moment, before she cleared her throat and began to speak.
    "Once upon a time, a long time ago, when the days were long and the nights were deep, there lived a tom afraid of dying. His name was Fox, for he was very clever. But cleverness did not stop him from eating prey that a bitter rival had poisoned. Fox died alone in a forest, when the poison set in and he could no longer walk. StarClan came to collect him, and found him crying next to his body. Fox was beside himself, and he appealed to the StarClan cat to let him live for just a little long. 'Please let me live, so that I can say goodbye to my mate and kits, and then I'll come right back', he said, and so the StarClan cat took pity on him, and allowed him to return home. But Fox was cunning. It was not dying without saying goodbye that he feared, but dying altogether. And so he returned to the camp, much to the surprise of his rival. He did not return to the StarClan cat, instead he remained in the clan and lived out his life. Each time StarClan came to look for him, to remind him he had to go to StarClan, he would disguise himself- sometimes by rolling in mud to turn his pelt brown, and sometimes in limestone dust to turn it white. But, in the end, he could not escape old age, and when it was finally his time and his heart could not bear the world any longer, Fox passed on." Rivermask took a breath, chuckling a little.
    "Fox met the StarClan cat who guides souls to the plentiful forests. 'Okay', he said 'I'm ready to come now'. But the StarClan cat said no!" Sprucekit, Aurorakit and Silverkit gasped. "The cat said 'You lied to me and tricked me. Instead of going to StarClan, you must face punishment for tricking death. Before you can come to StarClan, you must show your penance by taking a rabbit to the place where the stars touch the earth'. Fox thought this task would be easy enough, and so he hunted down and killed a rabbit, and began to carry it to the top of the mountain, where the stars of Silverpelt kissed the earth of a plateau. But, as soon as he crossed the threshold, the rabbit came back to life! It leaped from his jaws, and sprinted back down the mountain, Fox chasing it all the way. He tried time and time again, but every time the same thing happened. Now, as punishment for tricking StarClan, he was tricked back, and he is doomed to spend the rest of eternity trying to gift them a rabbit that can never die."
    "That's not how that story goes," Minkfur protested, drawing the attention of the kits and Rivermask, who gave her a curious look, "you missed the part where he rolls in pollen to turn himself yellow, for starters. And the part where each time StarClan comes looking for him, they take one of his family instead, and he eventually goes because he has nothing left. StarClan asks him to bring them a salmon, but each time he manages to get them into a pool, they become afraid and see him coming, and run away upstream."
    "Well, I hate to tell you this love, but you're wrong."
    "No, Rivermask, you are." Minkfur said back, the mollies sharing a crooked grin.
    "Well, I like the version with the rabbit more." Silverkit announced, beaming at her mother who gave her a conspiratorial wink. Sprucekit snorted, rolling his eyes.
    "No way, Silverkit, the version with the salmon makes more sense. It's why they jump upstream after all. The rabbits don't have any bearing on the real world." Silverkit stuck her tongue out at him.
    "Yeah, but the rabbit version is less sad! All of his family manages to survive so they don't have to die for him being silly!" Sprucekit flicked some moss at her, making her squeal loudly enough to wake Willowkit with a start.
    "Then it's not a cautionary tale, dummy."
    "No one said it had to be!" She retorted, Sprucekit yowling as Silverkit pounced on him, the two of them wrestling in the dirt as Aurorakit stepped over them and flounced back to their mother, settling down at her side as she groomed her between the ears. Sorrelsong laughed from her end of the nursery, shaking her head.
    "Now you two have done it."
    "What?" Minkfur asked, exchanging a confused look with Rivermask. Sorrelsong nodded to the tussling kits with a warm smile.
    "Started a generations-long feud, is what."
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

` servings consumed
8/8 - x4 stoats
` clan events
bramblingpaw and ausmaspaw use 1 moss, 1 clay and 1 feathers to upgrade the warrior's den
sleetstar looks to expand the nursery
poppywish gives bearears x1 catmint for her greencough
poppywish gives magpiefeather x1 tansy for her cough
poppywish searches for kitting herbs
emberpaw and flamepaw learn to swim
wolfpaw and butterflypaw learn to battle
` patrols
hunting-
1 - midnightblaze, waspshine, breakerhowl, frostclaw, dawnbreeze, twosight
2 - howlingeye, hollyfeather, koishimmer, birchfang, twilightflower
border-
3 - viridianfire, winderstrike
den supplies-
4 - hawkeyes, splitface, tempestpaw, brewingpaw, blizzardpaw, lightningpaw
↪ no priority

` leader - 1/1
    `` sleetstar | 61 moons | ♀ |

` deputy
    `` midnightblaze | 67 moons | ♂ |

` medicine cat - 1/2
    `` poppywish | 52 moons | ♂ | - [5sp]
    ` medicine cat apprentice
    `` name | age | ♀/♂ |

` warriors - 22/20
    `` summitsky | 64 moons | ♂ |
    `` hollyfeather | 39 moons | ♀ |
    `` thunderjaw | 59 moons | ♂ |
    `` howlingeye | 42 moons | ♂ |
    `` brackenstrike | 70 moons | ♀ |
    `` splitface | 67 moons | ♀ |
    `` bearears | 34 moons | ♀ |
    `` fallowstep | 59 moons | ♂ |
    `` hawkeyes | 64 moons | ♂ |
    `` viridianfire | 26 moons | ♀ |
    `` frostclaw | 76 moons | ♂ |
    `` koishimmer | 28 moons | ♀ |
    `` birchfang | 34 moons | ♂ |
    `` sunnynose | 47 moons | ♂ |
    `` whisperwind | 16 moons | ♂ |
    `` breakerhowl | 52 moons | ♂ |
    `` waspshine | 35 moons | ♂ |
    `` winderstrike | 49 moons | ♂ |
    `` twilightflower | 39 moons | ♀ |
    `` dawnbreeze | 48 moons | ♀ |
    `` twosight | 75 moons | ♂ |

` apprentices - 10/10
    `` emberpaw | 10 moons | ♀ |
    `` flamepaw | 10 moons | ♂ |
    `` wolfpaw | 7 moons | ♂ |
    `` butterflypaw | 7 moons | ♀ |
    `` ausmaspaw | 13 moons | ♀ |
    `` bramblingpaw | 13 moons | ♂ |
    `` tempestpaw | 6 moons | ♀ |
    `` blizzardpaw | 6 moons | ♂ |
    `` brewingpaw | 6 moons | ♂ |
    `` lightningpaw | 6 moons | ♀ |

` queens and kits - 7/10
    `` minkfur | 56 moons | ♀ |
    sprucekit, willowkit [1, ♂♀]
    `` rivermask | 51 moons | ♀ |
    silverkit, aurorakit [1, ♀♀]
    `` sorrelsong | 25 moons | ♀ |
    ↪ expecting, 1 m

` elders - 1/5
    `` magpiefeather | 106 moons | ♀ |
` ally clans
none currently.

` enemy clans
none currently.

` borders
↑ | open | user
→ | open | user
↓ | two-leg village
← | ski slope

` medicine store
catmint [4] | greencough
poppy seeds [1] | pain
burnet [0] | strength
lamb's ear [1] | strength
lovage [1] | coughs; c
broom [1] | broken bones
lungwort [1] | yellowcough
raspberry leaves [0] | strength
ragwort [0] | strength
chervil [2] | infections/bellyache
chickweed [2] | greencough
tansy [1] | greencough

` fresh-kill pile
vole | x4 | 1 servings [4]
rabbit | x4 | 2 servings [8]
stoat | x2 | 2 servings [4]
small fish | x5 | 2 servings [10]
hare | x2 | 3 servings [6]
bird | x3 | 3 servings [9]

` den materials
clay [1]
twigs [0]
feathers [1]
moss/lichen [1]
rock [2]

` mentors
brackenstrike | flamepaw [2]
↪ hunt, battle
fallowstep | emberpaw [2]
↪ battle, hunt
thunderjaw | wolfpaw [0]
↪ skills
summitsky | butterflypaw [0]
↪ skills
sleetstar | ausmaspaw [4]
↪ stalk, climb, hunt, battle
midnightblaze | bramblingpaw [4]
↪ stalk, climb, hunt, battle
howlingeye | tempestpaw [0]
↪ skills
hollyfeather | blizzardpaw [0]
↪ skills
splitface | brewingpaw [0]
↪ skills
hawkeyes | lightningpaw [0]
↪ skills

` deceased
galepaw | murdered by boscoe
stormkit (l) | weak at birth
hurricanekit (r) | weak at birh

` family ties
fallowstep + hawkeyes - ravencall; surrogate
↪ batkit, racoonkit & beaverkit (snakeclan)
sleetstar + summitsky
↪ wolfpaw & butterflypaw
mother + father
↪ whisperwind & galepaw
twilightflower + father
↪ tempestpaw, blizzardpaw, brewingpaw &
lightningpaw, stormkit, hurricanekit
sunnynose + winderstrike (?)
↪ emberpaw & flamepaw
splitface + brackenstrike
midnightblaze + rafe (?)
↪ koishimmer, prim & selene