Gear Deer How to Guide

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Gear Deer How to Guide

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:08 pm

Joining Gear Deer Step By step

Please do not post
Please do send me any questions or feedback

Heres a hopefully useful step by step on how you can first start joining gear deer! Aimed to be informative but easy to understand, to help alleviate any anxiety, but feel free to asks any questions or give feedback! All our staff are friendly and try to be helpful!

Please dont be scared of how long this looks! I try to explain every step and as many questions as possible

Navigation
On Main Thread
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Off Thread
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image

Off Site
You must be 13 or older to join the discord.

Navigation
Simple version
Explanations/Basics

After earning gears/customs info
After getting deer/Companions
Friends and Morphs

Good example
Common Mistakes
Last edited by minifun990 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Gear Deer How to Guide

Brief Version - Codes and things
First steps: - (Post as many of the forms in one post as possible) - you can even post all four at once
To do so go to the main page and press quick reply, copy paste the below codes and full them out with your username (and deer name/gender)

Adopt a pound deer if possible

Code: Select all
[size=150]Adopting a Deer From the Pound![/size]
[b]Username: [/b]
[b]How Many Deer Do You Have?: [/b]
[b]Deer Wanted: [/b]#
[b]Deer Name and Gender: [/b]

You must do name and gender - do not leave blank

Enter litter raffles
I Want to Enter a Litter Raffle!
Username:
Litter Name:
Deer Wanted: #
Deer Name and Gender:

(This has extra info filled out on the original and main page for each weekly litter)

The below codes only need you to add your own username!
Buy a Starter Bag - for free
Buying From the Shop!
Username:
Item(s) Wanted: Starter Bag
Total Cost: Free!

Open your earned Blind Bag
Using an Item!
Username:
Item: Blind Bag
Color (if Applicable): N/A
Apply to which Deer/Companion (if Applicable. Img, name, + ID): N/A
Last edited by minifun990 on Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Starting Gear Deer!
There are some things you can do to join in the GD fun, without deer, without companions and without even gears (our GD currency which can be earnt via trading in chicken smoothie pets to savor, or many users are willing to even give away for free)

Things you can do without needing any GD Knowledge/Pets/Items
(If doing these all at once please do all of them in the same forum post. Put as many forms in one post as you can rather than posting twice (posting one form then another after you have been the last one to post counts as double posting, increasing our post counts so that we have to reformat sooner.) - We are happy with editing your post as long as its within around 12hrs

Enter Litter raffles
Each week we have two litter raffles. These are a set of themed adoptables which anyone can enter for.

To enter for a litter please find the code underneath the Litters Subsection on the main post. Sometimes early on in the litter (such as a Saturday/Sunday or when Sav is unable to update for a day or two) the newest litter may first be posted by Sad Magic deeper in the posts.

The most recent litter announcement is also linked to on the discord.

To simplify, I find the best way to see what litters are open is to see what the name of the litters that the most recent posts are entering for, if you cant see it on the main page then you can type the littername into the forum post and search it to see what each of the deer in the litter looks like!

Once youve found the current litter you should find a code like below! However, this example code doesnt have the litter name, make sure you manually add litter name when entering for raffle litters if you are using a code without it already added

Username:
Litter Name:
Deer Name and Gender:

[size=150]I Want to Enter a Litter Raffle![/size]
[b]Litter Name: [/b]

All you need to do is fill this out with your username. The most recent/current litter. Which 1 deer from that litter you'd like (all should be numbered) and the name and gender you give this deer if you win it.

Please fill all this out and post it. You will need to decide a name and gender before posting as it makes archieving difficult otherwise. But you can change the name later if you dont like it

You may do this form posting for 1 deer and 1 companion in every weekly or event litter completely for free. No items needed. However, if entering for a companion you must have a deer without a companion or a doghouse (which acts as a spare deer for attaching a companion too)
You can enter for more than 1 deer/companion in a litter at once using raffle tickets (which Ill discuss later)

Adopt a Deer from the Pound
Another thing you can do without any deer/companions/items/gears. Is adopt a deer from the pound!
Kind users and occasional litters go to the pound to be adopted by anyone with below 3 deer and less than 2 companions to adopt from the pound.
There are further detailed rules under the pound section for adopting from here. But for this guide you should be fine if you fill out the form completely that is found below the pound section.

It looks like this
Adopting a Deer From the Pound!
Username:
How Many Deer Do You Have?:
Deer Name and Gender:

[size=150]Adopting a Deer From the Pound![/size]
[b]How Many Deer Do You Have?: [/b]
<-Easier to paste coding

By filling it out completely you help make archiving easy, so please fill out name and genders when adopting.

Deer may sometimes have very high numbers here, this occurs when they have been archived and thus this number is their ID number in the archive.

Claim a Starter Bag
This is where things can start seeming a little complicated, but we are just trying to help new users get fun things and items as fast as they can!

The starter bag is an item in the shop that is completely free! It Contains one blind bag, one raffle ticket, and 25 gears. It can only be claimed once by anyone with less than 2 deer.

You can claim it with the following code

Buying From the Shop!
Username:

[size=150]Buying From the Shop![/size]
[b]Item(s) Wanted: [/b] Starter Bag
[b]Total Cost: [/b] Free!
<-Easier to paste coding

As soon as you post this form it counts as opened. This means you immediately earn one blind bag, one raffle ticket, and 25 gears into your bank!

But what can we do with this? Ill explain further in the next section ๐Ÿ˜€

Blind Bags and Raffle tickets
Blind bags
Youve earnt a blind bag by claiming a starter bag. As the shop describes, this allows you toโ€œRandomly get any items, accessories, and/or expressions.
Will always be worth your gears (or more). One time use.โ€

So to open and discover whats inside please use the following form (also found underneath the shop)

Using an Item!
Username:

[size=150]Using an Item![/size]
[b]Item: [/b] Blind Bag
[b]Color (if Applicable): [/b] N/A
[b]Apply to which Deer/Companion (if Applicable. Img, name, + ID): [/b] N/A
<-Easier to paste coding

A staff member will quote your comment with a post informing you of what was inside the blind bag! It will be added to your bank for you to use

Raffle Tickets
Raffle tickets are a fun way to increase your chances of winning a deer from weekly raffles (however, no one can win more than 1 from a litter). They allow you to enter for a completely different deer within that litter.

You can enter for one deer in a litter for free (see entering a litter raffle above), but for the 2nd+ you use a raffle ticket. This excludes event litters where raffle tickets cannot be used (but this will be stated in the post where the litter is put up for raffle)

Eg, A litter Has deer 1, 2, 3 and 4. You love deer 1 and 3 so want to use a raffle ticket to enter for both
This is how you would do so

Username: ExampleUser1
Litter Name: Joy for Jelly
Deer Wanted: #3
Deer Name and Gender: Jane, Female

Raffle Ticket
Username: ExampleUser1
Deer Wanted: #1
Deer Name and Gender: John, Male

Extra for experts: In this case if I was to beat the odds and be rolled for the winner of both deer 1 and 3 deer 3 will be assumed to be my preference, as it was in the top of my post. And as such I would win deer 3 and deer 1 would be rerolled

But what about those 25 free gearsโ€ฆ
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:33 am, edited 12 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:21 pm

Gears
After opening a starter bag you have 25gears. This can be used to buy additional raffle tickets, Accessories, expressions or other items!

Feel free to spend it nowโ€ฆ Or save it and earn some moreโ€ฆ

Earning Gears without deer/companions
The main way to earn gears without deer/companions is to trade for some with Sav!
To do this you can check out the currency conversion here
(Please sav insert some details)

Kind Users
All users here have asked to be put on this list. They are each happy for you to reach out to them to ask for some gears/items to start off with. These kind users are donors whoโ€™d like to help even more users get into Gear Deer

-Minifun990
-Emgeal
-General Chaos
-Kijauni
Additional sources of Free Stuff
The Lost and Found
The lost and found is the item version of the pound! Anyone can take items from here so you may have to be a little faster when the good stuff is kindly donated here.

To pick up items from the lost and found check out the lost and found post!

Discord and Fanclub Giveaways
Click Here for the Fanclub
Click Here for Discord (Need to be over 13 to join)

Other Gear Sources
When you get a deer and/or companion you can earn more gears through gathering, errands and merging (which Ill explain later)
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:00 pm, edited 17 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 pm

Ordering your first custom
When you have traded for or been given a few more gears you can order a custom!

Customs are almost always open! They can be closed for merging or other times when artists are busy. But whenever the custom section on the main page says open this means you can post a custom! The amount of customs that can be on the list at once is unlimited.

The only restriction is that you can only have one Custom or Breeding or morph/friend summon at a time

They are prioritized by how recent the previous custom you did was (but sometimes artists skills lead more towards certain customs, so they may not always take them in order) - You do not select an artist, an available artist will choose which customs they make

The simplest and easiest to order customs are those with only a few traits or just listed traits

There are three kinds of traits
Listed Traits
These are the 26 Deer traits and 17 companion traits found on this post. They are also the traits rolled for by mutations/breeding geodes

Listed traits are special in that they can be included free on customs depending on rarity.
Eg any uncommon listed traits can be used free on a uncommon base
Any rare and uncommon traits can be used for free on a rare base

Completely Trait-less deer cost 100 gears
Deer with uncommon or below listed traits cost 300 gears
Deer with rare or below listed traits cost 500 gears

Unlisted Traits
These are traits previously created for use in other litters and customs. (Custom traits become this after a while of time)
They incur additional costs compared to listed traits. However, there is a much larger range, with over 450 trait options. Their cost is split by rarity (explained further below)

These traits can be found in the Deer Traits list on the GD Google sheet
However the best/easiest way to view all the trait options is through the user run trait guide (google doc). It has some examples of deer with the trait, trait ID number and rarity

I highly recommend using Unlisted or Listed trait when possible, its cheaper for you and faster/easier for the artists. Plus there are plenty of users happy to offer recommendations if you want help finding traits you think would suit a custom idea.

When ordering please use the name of the trait and ID.

For unlisted traits the cost is +50 gears per common or uncommon trait
For unlisted traits the cost is - +100 per Rare Trait

Very Rare traits
These are also unlisted, but are special in that they can only be ordered with the use of a very rare ticket, rather than gears

Custom Traits
If you cant find a suitable trait for your custom at all through the unlisted/previously made traits then you can ask for a new trait to be made for your custom. This costs extra and requires you to contact Savor either through discord (the custom-planning-and-traits discord channel is great for this) or chicken smoothie

You will then be quoted a gear cost/and if its possible to do. You can then use this cost in figuring out the custom cost and post the custom with the desired trait described.

Custom trait costs generally vary between 100-350 gears (depending on difficulty)

And four rarities
Common
Small changes that break from line edits only slightly

There are no listed common traits
For unlisted traits the cost is +50 gears per common or uncommon trait

In breedings they pass at 50%

Uncommon
Intermediate sized traits

In breedings they pass at 30%

Rare Traits
These include most tails, fur edits, wings and horns

In breedings they pass at 10%

Very Rare Traits
Very rare traits are ones that change the deer drastically, such as changing species, big modifications to the body or large additional traits almost or the same size as the deer itself. They often have more design space/require more modification or other difficulties (but do look very cool). As such they work on a different system

For customs they each require a Very Rare Ticket, these are available through seasonal events. (Or via trade with other users)
The system for very rare tickets is still being solidified.

One must be used for each very rare trait youd like on a custom - with a maximum of 2 VR traits per custom

They cannot be morphed unless the a parent had the very rare trait.

Very rare traits pass at 5% in breedings
Tickets can be used while breeding to guarantee vr traits passing to up to 2 babies (with 2 tickets), (the 5% overrules this, if the luck strikes right)
The VR trait rolled will be random if parents have more than 1 vr trait[/strike]

Legendary Traits
These are animations or other traits. They are unable to be ordered for customs, and unable to be passed in breedings. The rarest rarity and very cool

Formula
Gear cost = Gear cost of Base (Base rarity = rarity of most rare trait used) + //0 x Any listed traits (at or below base rarity)eg free// + Gear cost of common/uncommon/rare unlisted traits + Sav's quoted cost of any custom traits
+VR tickets if VR tickets are used

Gear Cost = Base + Sum of Unlisted traits + Custom traits quoted price

Examples:
A deer with the mushy trait, velvet antlers, and lion tail would cost 300 gears. This is because they are all listed traits. And so will all be free when using the uncommon base price

A deer with two unlisted rare traits and one unlisted uncommon trait would cost 750 gears. There is at least one rare trait so the 500 rare base price should be used. Then there are no listed traits so no freebies. Then the 2 unlisted rare traits each add 100 gears, and the unlisted uncommon trait adds 50 gears

A deer with the cat tail trait #5 (a listed trait), Chibi Wings-#82 (an unlisted uncommon trait), and Sleepy Head #418 (a VR trait)would cost 550 gears and a VR trait ticket (500 base + 50 for the unlisted uncommon trait).

Old trait terms
You may occasionally see traits referred to as event exclusive or merging exclusive. These are now outdated terms, where traits were restricted in a different way. They have been recategorized into the above rarities and types now

Companions
A custom made companion that will be be paired with the custom made deer can be ordered at the same time/in the same post

Friends
A custom made friend that will be be paired with the custom made deer can be ordered at the same time/in the same post, just buy and use a summon spell. (A custom made friend cannot be swapped to different deer, but can be any small animal or object!) - e.g. pet rock, moray eel, mouse, humanoid. Only one friend can be with one deer

Both Custom companions and custom friends can be made at the time of the custom, or later as a separate custom slot
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:57 am, edited 11 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:25 pm

Now you have a deer (or more) Now what?
Breedings
Breedings are a great way to get even more deer! Using magical crystals any two (or even three) deer can have children together (regardless of the parents genders). Once you have posted the breeding an artist will take your breeding and create new deer based off the parents. This can involve mixing and matching the colours and patterns on each parents in new ways.

A deer can have up to 12 offspring in their lifetime. After which they cannot have any more children (this 12 offspring includes gathering children but not guess the parents/game source children)

You can either breed your deer with each other or with other users deer! When breeding with other users you can decide beforehand who will contribute crystals/items and how many. Otherwise it acts the same as a solo breeding, other than the step where after one person posts the form, the second user should press the quote button on that post, and type confirm to show they are also ok with the breeding

Once you have two deer you'd like to breed the next thing you need is a breeding crystal Image. These cost 150 gears each from the shop. (you dont need to buy one if you are breeding with another user who is contributing the breeding crystals needed).

If you want more than 2 babies then you use more breeding crystals. 2 breeding crystals results in 4 babies, while 3 breeding crystals results in 6 babies
(the maximum unless you have the special valentines crystal item, which allows you to use the valentines crystal and 4 breeding crystals to get 8 babies)
Extra:
You can also do 1 child, 3 child or 5 children breedings if desired. This would cost 1 breeding crystal/2 crystals/3 respectively. This can help you retire a deer who may have ended up with an odd number of children through gathering children!

You then use one of the following forms
For Solo breedings (just your deer)
I Want to Breed!
Username:
Link to Last Breeding:
Deer/Companions Breeding (Names, imgs, and IDs):
Crystals to Use:

[size=150]I Want to Breed![/size]
[b]Link to Last Breeding: [/b]
[b]Deer/Companions Breeding (Names, imgs, and IDs): [/b]
[b]Crystals to Use: [/b]

For breeding with another user
We Want to Breed!
Username:
Partner:
Link to Last Breeding(most recent of the two):
My Deer/Companion (Name, img, and ID):
Their Deer/Companion (Name, img, and ID):
Crystals to Use and Who is Supplying Them:
Picking Order:

[size=150]We Want to Breed![/size]
[b]Partner: [/b]
[b]Link to Last Breeding(most recent of the two): [/b]
[b]My Deer/Companion (Name, img, and ID): [/b]
[b]Their Deer/Companion (Name, img, and ID): [/b]
[b]Crystals to Use and Who is Supplying Them: [/b]
[b]Picking Order: [/b]

Example

Trait passing
Parental traits can pass onto their offspring (except for legendary traits) depending on their rarities
When both parents have the trait it is guaranteed to pass (unless it is Very Rare)

Trait Categories
Some traits are sorted into categories. There are the categories wings, tails and antlers for example. When both/all parents have a trait in the same category it is guaranteed to pass, and will roll to be one of the traits or the other. If the two traits are different rarities the rarer one has less chance to pass than the more common one.

Otherwise, if the traits aren't in the same category or shared between parents then they roll as follows

Parental Trait Passing
Common and Uncommon traits pass 30% of the time
Rare traits pass 10% of the time
Very rare traits pass at 5% of the time

If youd like to test how deers traits might pass you can write their names onto this website we use for rolling traits

Morphs
One trait can be given to or removed from a deer after it is created if you buy and use a morph spell on the deer. They can either be from the listed traits list or a trait from the parents (allowing the morphing of unlisted traits).

This can only be done for a deer once.

Mutations
Mutations are when a trait arises in a offspring without it having passed from a parent. They can occur spontaneously 1% of the time or caused with a breeding geode (explained below). They are always rolled from the listed traits list
Each listed trait has equal chances of rolling, and will overrule parental traits if they conflict (exception of VR traits)

Extra breeding items
While breeding crystals are the most important, as they decide the number of babies, there are also other items you can buy or using for breedings.

Breeding Geodes
This causes a mutation to occur in one of the offspring. This means a trait will be rolled from the listed trait list, and used on one of the children deer. You can use a maximum of one for each offspring (a maximum of 6 if using 3 breeding crystals for 6 babies).

Broken Breeding Crystal
Broken breeding crystals can add extra variance to offspring. Using a broken breeding crystal randomises the colours that an artist will use on one of the deer children. The colour palette will be taken from coolors (a random colour palette generator).
You can use a maximum of one for each offspring (a maximum of 6 if using 3 breeding crystals for 6 babies).

Breeding Prism
A breeding prism allows for a third deer to be used as a parent. Only one is needed. They will also contribute colours, patterns and traits to the breeding.

Dress up
Dressing your deer and companions up is a fun way to spice up their appearances. It is un-doable so not permanent. To dress them up you need some items or expressions (expressions are just items that change the deer in a different way), which you can pick up from the lost and found, buy from the store or earn from events/gathering/errands

You can ask for colour changes for almost all items, and those that cant will be stated. Some patterning can also be done generally, but more specific changes and details can become difficult

To Buy Items
[size=150]Buying From the Shop![/size]
[b]Item(s) Wanted: [/b]
[b]Total Cost: [/b]

To Use items
[size=150]Using an Item![/size]
[b]Item: [/b]
[b]Color (if Applicable): [/b]
[b]Apply to which Deer/Companion (if Applicable. Img, name, + ID): [/b]

A dressup artist will then add these items and post the completed dressups to the thread! You can then use these updated images of your deer. It is easier for artists if you use un dressed up images for breedings.

ImageImageImage
Eg this deer has Flower bracelets, a scarf, halo and smile. I asked for the scarf stripes and flower colours to match the colours of the deers rosettes
The companion has two bows, back and head. These were asked to be coloured the same way as the cat's heart markings

WIPs

Gathering
- Your Gear Deer can go to the plaza or the fields once every weekend!
- Gear Deer required. Please post the deer you are sending, which can be found in the archive.
- In the plaza, you can pick up an item, earn Image, or use oil Image to pick both. Rarely, if your deer has no companion, it may come back with one!
- In the fields, your Gear Deer may find breeding items or flowers. Beware, they may also come back empty handed. Rarely, they may find a mate and bring back a child.
- Gathering forms must be posted after errand results to count. Forms posted after site rollover on Sunday are not counted.
- You may only send one deer out per gathering, to only one area.

Last edited by minifun990 on Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:51 am, edited 10 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:30 pm

Companions
Companions are cute cats and dogs to accompany your deer! They have fun designs and can do lots of the same things deer can (many of the above guides also apply to companions)

You can only have as many companions as you have deer (unless you have a doghouse which allows one extra companion space)

Companions can breed, with the only difference to deer being that they cannot have mutations (so no breeding geodes). Cats and dogs can interbreed.

Custom companions are made in the same way as deer, they can be made at the same time as a deer they are paired with, just post both forms at once. They do not have very rare or legendary traits.

Errands
- Your companion can run an errand once a week!
- Companion required. Please post the companion you are sending, which can be found in the archive.
- You can request gears or items, but mix-ups are common. Companions are easily distracted by the world around them. Previously merged companions never make mistakes.
- Errand forms must be posted after gathering results to count. Forms posted after site rollover on Friday are not counted.
- You may only send one companion one time a week.

Merging
Postives are the merge rewards, merged design and improved accuracy of the companion to find what you asked for during errands

Reusing pairs
Youll get merging rewards (and potential to earn a rare deer) but dont have to worry about finding a new pair to merge if you dont have any pairs you want to lock together.

Con
It means that the companion and deer are 'locked together' so one can not be traded without the other.

- On the first of every month, your companion and Deer Gear can merge to create a strong creature capable of going into dangerous territories to search for loot!
- Earn Image, items, or even Gear Deer and companions!
- Please post the deer and companion you are merging, which can be found in the archive.
- Only one merge per user per month.
You must follow these steps to merge:
1. Have a Gear Deer and a companion paired
2. Purchase a Merge Spell
3. Fill out the form below

Warning: Your Gear Deer can only merge with one companion in its lifetime. However, your deer may merge with the same companion as many times as it wants. A merge spell is required every time.
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:57 pm

aaaa
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:37 am

An Good Example of Joining

Example
User2 has just found Gear deer.

They read through the rules, and maybe this instruction sheet, or just the main page.

They create the following Post:

Buying From the Shop!
Username: User2

Using an Item!

Deer Wanted: #4
Deer Name and Gender: Blue, Male

Raffle Ticket
Deer Wanted: #3
Deer Name and Gender: Green, Female

This immediately enters them for 2 different deer in the current litter (the example being the joy for jelly litter), as well as 25 gears. Within a week or two they will be informed of what was inside their blind bag, and a spot on the user bank will be created, displaying that they own 25 gears.

On the Date above the litter (a Friday/Saturday) the raffle litters will be rolled and our User2 may win one of those two deer, or they may have to try again another week.

But whats that? Our User2 spies a stunning deer in the pound.
They post the following form

Adopting a Deer From the Pound!
How Many Deer Do You Have?: 0
Deer Wanted: #3002
Deer Name and Gender: Goofball, Non-binary

A staff memeber replies and gives the code for the deer. Success! User2 now owns a deer. It will be later added to their user archive and the art archive.

User2 now has their first deer. So many more options open upโ€ฆ We will discuss them further here

But if luck really isnt workingโ€ฆ Well lets get our User2 a custom

They send Savor a trade, giving cs pets in exchange for gears.

THey would like a deer hemed like this

I Want a Custom Deer!
Username:
Link to Last Custom:
Deer Name:
Deer Gender:
Traits:
Reference/Description:
Total Cost:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Common Mistakes

Double Posting
This is when you post once and then shortly post again, without another user posting inbetween. Please edit your post instead of doing this, it saves us from having to change threads too often

Example of what to avoid

Not Completing forms
Can be in a variety of ways, impacting our archieving and raffling systems. Please fill out all lines/parts of the forms

Example of what to avoid

Not including Custom Gear cost
It can seem daunting getting the pricing right, and I know the how to guide is quite long for it. But staff and other users are willing to help :D
Last edited by minifun990 on Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:39 am

Extra extra, additional fun things

Friends
Friends are an underutilized but very fun and customisable part of GD. They are effectively a completely customisable permenant companion or dressup item. They can be any animal species, fantasy, or even a fun little inanimate object.

They will be very small pixel wise so try to keep this in mind but the artists do their best to reach your dreams!

Some fun examples of friends
Image Image ImageImage
Sparkly silver Snake // Tiny Deer // Pet Rock // Humanoid

To get one they act like a custom, except all you do is buy a summon spell, then post the 'I want a friend' form, describing the critter youd like to apply to a deer

-Only one per deer
-The friend is permanent/cannot be shifted onto other deer
-'Breedings' would occur by ordering new summons based off existing summons

I Want to Use a Summon Spell!
Username:
Link to Last Custom:
Which Deer to be Paired With (Name, img, and ID)?
Reference/Description:
Other:

Morphs
This is when you add (or remove) a trait from an existing deer. It can only be done once in each deers lifetime. It counts as a custom order

Traits must be either listed traits, or from the deer's parents. (Not grandparents/or higher sorry)

I Want to Use a Morph Spell!
Username:
Link to Last Custom:
Which Deer used on (Name, img, and ID)?
Which Trait (link to breeding for non official)?
Color/Description:

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me