🦘Meesks🌿 - Staff Applications

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 🦘Meesks🌿 - Staff Applications

Postby awadeen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:27 am

Angelicinsomnia wrote:+Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: Angelicinsomnia + 1098477
Unedited Meesks: Image Image
Edited Meesks: Image Image
Tell me a little something about them! : For the unedited ones i tried to go for a sweets themed one, and a lunar themed one, though was abit dry on ideas sadly :cry: though for the other two edited ones i tried to go for a s3rl themed one, also kinda heavily based off an old oc of mine lmao, and also a monster/fire themed one, once more was dry on ideas..
Other: not a new artist to creatures and anthros, though new to being a species artist

Accepted!! Do you perhaps have a discord? If you could join our discord that would be sweet!

awadeen | They/Them | Bug Lover
ADHD | DID | Social Anxiety | PTSD
Commissions - OPEN
Art Trades - OPEN

DM me for anything! I don't bite :)
Currently Fixated on : Meesks

I am very forgetful so please send me
reminders to complete something I promised.
awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awadeen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:28 am

MaddyxMystery wrote:+Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: MaddyxMystery + 1093866
Unedited Meesks:
ImageImage

Edited Meesks:
ImageImage

Tell me a little something about them!:
the standards in order are based off of the feeling of being on call with online friends late at night, arcade carpets, and autumn! Mainly cause I wanted to do stuff with some cozy vibes to me
The edited meesks on the other hand are of my sona, Atticus and my favorite digimon, Gabumon respectively! Atticus being far more simple in edits while Gabumon was easily more complex, as only the tail of the original lineart remained after editing it

Other: I have in the past done an art application for Scaribon Raptors! So, as further examples of my pixel art, I’ll include them here as well!
ImageImage

Accepted, I was legit waiting for you to post this so I could spam approve it LOLLL

Commissions - OPEN
Art Trades - OPEN

awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awadeen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:28 am

hoof. wrote:+Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: hoof. 562760
Unedited Meesks:
ImageImage
these were done by me!! ^
ImageImage
these were done by my lil bro (in our system) sammy!! ^
Edited Meesks:
ImageImageImage
Tell me a little something about them! :
for the black and white guy, i wanted to use a color scheme that i usually dont use!
for the lava lamp guy, i just wanted to see if i could make an orange lava lamp lol. i also added a little alien guy because lava lamps and aliens just go together so well!
sammy was just messing around with some colors that he didnt normally use for his first standard, then he wanted to try using a monochrome color palette for his second standard! he also noticed that the colors are similar to floatzels, so he added a fish for them to hold lol
for my cyclizar meesk, hes my favorite pokemon that im absolutely obsessed with and i wanted to see if i could use the meesk lines to make him!
for the blue guy, i really wanted to make a tree-headed design and got the idea to incorporate webcore into the design because i struggled with outlining the tree lol. i call it "digital holiday"!
and the red guy was inspired by 2000s deviantart furry art styles mixed with a bit of modern furry culture with the hybridization between a wolf and a dragon!
Other: we had so much fun making these!!

These are INSANELY good!! I was also waiting for your application, too haha!

Commissions - OPEN
Art Trades - OPEN

awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awadeen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:29 am

ARTIST APPLICATIONS ARE CLOSED. YOU MAY SUBMIT, BUT THEY WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED UNTIL WE OPEN ARTIST SPOTS AGAIN.

Commissions - OPEN
Art Trades - OPEN

awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Magpies » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:55 am

+Breeding Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: Magpies 1051492
Parent Meesks: Image Image
Children: Image Image
Tell me a little something about them! : A silly little water spirit & the night sky, i thought they would look very cute together, i wanted to see if i could try out water patterns and i thought they turned out pretty good!
Other: i had lot of fun making these guys, thank you for the opportunity <333

➸ Silly little bird gremlin
➸ She/Her
➸ I collect pretty animals + bird things
Toyhouse

Magpies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby awadeen » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:59 am

Magpies wrote:+Breeding Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: Magpies 1051492
Children: Image Image
Tell me a little something about them! : A silly little water spirit & the night sky, i thought they would look very cute together, i wanted to see if i could try out water patterns and i thought they turned out pretty good!
Other: i had lot of fun making these guys, thank you for the opportunity <333

I- I have no words?? These are STUNNING. I’m hiring you asap PLS !!

Commissions - OPEN
Art Trades - OPEN

awadeen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby pigeonpunk » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:28 pm

+Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: pigeonpunk + 1042759
Unedited Meesks:
Image Image Image
Image Image ImageImage
Edited Meesks:
ImageImage
Image ImageImage

Tell me a little something about them! :
Unedited 1 is just a simple but clean design and purple is just a nice colour.
Unedited 2 and Edited 4 were originally the children outcomes of Unedited 3 and Edited 1, and i really enjoying designing the parents and then mixing their traits c:
Edited 2, who i refer to as Foxtrot or Firefox, they're a personal favourite of mine and i thoroughly enjoyed designing them!
Edited 3, who i refer to as "Nerd," is just a goofy lil guy i thought would be fun to design and show that i am capable of doing items and not just patterns/designs.
For all these designs i've applied my own shading with a dithering technique if thats okay C:

[---EDIT---] Added more lil guys to this post and here they are

Unedited 4 is just a good ol' tiger patterned grey and yellow themed guy
Unedited 5 is just a simple smiley design i thought would look clean and nice, needed to explore a bit more with brighter and less natural colours.
Unedited 6 was just another experiment with unnatural colours and a new way of doing gradients?
Unedited 7 was fun to do, i had to experiment with the pattern i was going for a water like theme and thought i would sneak in another hand held item.
And Edited 5 i just call a squimshy guy cause he looks squimshy ig?

Other: I was originally going to submit as a breeding artist but i personally would like the ability to make/edit my own lines. I'm completely aware that the artists slots are closed and I'm happy to wait but yeah eager to do some art for this community. Another note is to add im currently the main artist and only artist of my own species (Lunar Sharks) in which i share with my partner, our species is yet to officially release but i've been on the grind with learning this design stuff solo for a bit.
And i hope you have a nice day!
[he/him - aussie]
a pigeon
likes pigeons
collecting chickens

pigeonpunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dollopofblue » Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:42 am

+Moderator, Please!+
Username + ID:
dollopofblue + 806674
Discord User:
dollopofblue
Do you have any experience being a Moderator?:
Yes <3
If yes, explain. If not, skip:
I have been a mod in many discords before, ranging from 50 members to closer to 500, along with helping with Aeros rolls (and eventually taking ownership) and Wermz rolls during the previous Hallow Event.
(For the following questions, I am going to answer like it is their first offense.)
Someone asks a question in the questions channel. What do you do? :
If I know the answer, I will answer kindly and quickly. If I do not know the answer, and cannot find it in staff chat, I will ask in staff chat the answer to the question so I can respond properly.
People are talking in the wrong channel. What do you do? :
Kindly direct them to the proper channel, including a link to the proper channel to speak in.
Two members are arguing. What do you do? :
Shut it down. I will tell them in chat that this is not the place to act like that, and that we have to follow the rules of the server. I would them DM both of them with a further explanation as to why we cannot allow that, and find out if their issue is something that needs to be brought to staff for resolution.
A member is harassing another for their Meesk. What do you do? :
This depends if it is happening in chat or in DMS, and depends on how bad the harassment is. If in server, I would politely redirect them to go re-read the rules and know that begging is not allowed in the server. If this is a dm between the two members, I would DM the person and tell them that begging is not what we do in Meesks and that it is against the rules. If they do not stop begging, then I would talk with staff and tell them we may need to give a strike.
Are you comfortable being in charge when no one else is online? :
Very comfortable, I am a stay-at-home mom and have free time, so I am used to being one of the only ones online. I can be on between the times of 11 AM and 1 AM EST.
Do you agree to follow all server rules, respect others, and use your powers for good? :
Absolutely <3

Hi There !!
You can call me blue
Please be patient in my responses as I have a toddler!
I collect bunnies for her!

She/Her ♡ FR ♡ discord: dollopofblue

ImageImage
dollopofblue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SecondSolstice » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:59 pm

+Breeding Artist, Please!+
Username + ID: secondsolstice + 1078363
Children:Image Image
Tell me a little something about them! : i gave the parents two matching envelopes as id imagine that they write to eachother !! a very unlikely couple unfortunately separated due to their own living situations. id imagine later on in their lives things get better for them and they have 2 little guys, they dont hold the stars or the actual moon, they are just matching stuffies their parents chose for them.
Other:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Vincent/Leo | he/it/axo | Image
Axolotl enthusiast! dm me about axolotls anytime if curious !
Dms always open!
feel free to dm me about any of my interests !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SecondSolstice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ghostlad » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 am

+Moderator, Please!+

Username + ID: ghostlad | 955149
Discord User: @ghostlad_

Do you have any experience being a Moderator?:

I have been a mod for multiple discord servers as well as a twitch channel, although this has been mostly for friends or to bring together people with common interests (Percy Jackson and MCYT/Minecraft discord servers). I am also working on setting up and modding my own UMA with my partner, including setting up and running its discord channel, and it's been a very enjoyable learning experience!

While I believe this is relevant experience, I acknowledge that I have never moderated a UMA discord server but I consider myself to be level headed, understanding, and able to differentiate between what needs to get done and how I may personally feel about the topics being moderated. I would love to learn while actively participating in this position.

Someone asks a question in the questions channel. What do you do?

I would first make sure that I am confident in answering the question, and refamiliarise myself with the proper information and rules to best equip myself. I would then make sure to answer their answer as punctually and completely as I can, as one of my key roles as a moderator would be to help any users with any questions or concerns they may have about the server.

People are talking in the wrong channel. What do you do?

After giving them a short chance to notice themselves and move back, I would gently remind them that there is a more appropriate channel for the topics they are discussing, and redirect them there. I would also be happy to link the appropriate channel to ensure a smooth transition. I think in this situation it is also important to be gentle and ensure that they don't feel like they've done anything terribly wrong, and just gently explain that it's to avoid clutter and disorganisation.

Two members are arguing. What do you do?

I would first be mindful of the topic that is being argued about and make sure that it aligns with the server and CS rules. If this is not the case, I would approach the case in a different manner and probably more forcefully, especially if I believe it is a situation that suggests harassment or bullying of any kind.

However, on a more general basis, if two members are arguing I would shut it down and request that they avoid doing so in a public discord as they may be making each other or other users uncomfortable and ruining the general vibes of the server. If they need further clarification, or if I have further concerns, I would DM both of the (if they are comfortable with DMs) and clarify further why this type of behaviour is not allowed in the server, and make sure this issue is not one staff would need to follow up on.

A member is harassing another for their Meesk. What do you do?

I would remind this user of the rules against this behaviour, and warn that they may be creating a hostile or uncomfortable environment for the user they are harassing/begging for a meesk. No meesk should be obtained through excessive begging, harassment or intimidation, and this is not the vibes we wish to foster in this UMA or server. If this is the first time this has happened with this user and they had themselves not realised the situation had escalated to border on harassment rather than asking, I would warn them to avoid this behaviour in the future. However, I would remind them that asking for meesks that haven't been specifically advertised or offered is against the rules. If this is not their first infraction, and depending on the language use, I would potentially suggest harsher measures

Are you comfortable being in charge when no one else is online? Yes, I am.

Do you agree to follow all server rules, respect others, and use your powers for good? Of course! Thank you so much for your consideration!
wip!
ghostlad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me