πŸͺ²RephysπŸ› Staff applications [OPEN!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

πŸͺ²RephysπŸ› Staff applications [OPEN!]

Postby sillymillipede » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:10 pm

Staff applications are open!
Currently looking for: artists (breeding + litter), item designers

Details wrote:
β€’ Staff communications will be through discord, the only time you will be messaged on CS is an invite link if accepted!

β€’ You must abide by discord's tos in order to be a staff member.

β€’ You do not have to solely be a litter/breeding/item artist, can be all or some!

Artist application wrote:
β€’ Please do not remove the sig in your application, as it will be invalidated.

β€’ Designs you create are not official unless you are accepted and specify that you'd like to make them official!

β€’ In your application, please provide:
- Two standard rephi designs (one of each trait: aquatic, reptilian, and insect)
Example: the addition of a fish tail, spiny scales, and butterfly wings.

- Two peculiar rephi (missing one or two traits)
Example: the addition of a bee abdomen, wings, and mandibles with the removal of gills and nostrils.

Not making sense? PM me! I will gladly clarify.

Code: Select all
[b]Any past experience in UMAs?[/b]
[b]Tell me about your designs:[/b]
[b]Your designs:[/b]
OR:
[b]Art examples:[/b] if you would rather just supply art examples instead of making fake rephys, that is totally alright!

Base wrote:PSD file
LMK if link is broken!
edit: i forgot to add β€œfake” to the new psd, just add β€œfake” somewhere on there <3

Item artist application wrote:
Code: Select all
[b]Any past experience in UMAs?[/b]
[b]Items/art examples:[/b]

Benefits wrote:- Can create unlimited number of staff rephys for yourself, but they cannot be traded, bred, or sold.
- Item designers get 10x of every item they make, can be used or traded
- to be added
Last edited by sillymillipede on Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am, edited 6 times in total.
Image πš”πš’πš ~ πš’πš/πš’πšπšœ Image
avid rat collector
i love my boyfriend!
ImageImage
th | pfp | x
sillymillipede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: πŸͺ²RephysπŸ› Staff applications [OPEN!]

Postby sillymillipede » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:07 am

bump!
avid rat collector
i love my boyfriend!
ImageImage
th | pfp | x
sillymillipede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby thenullchrysalis » Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:11 pm

Any past experience in UMAs? mostly from the participant standpoint, though I was an artist for flutters before its hiatus c: these are a little old, but here's the archive of a litter I did for them!
Tell me about your designs: i don't usually do natural designs like this, I'm much more of a fantasy creature artist haha, so I decided to challenge myself a bit here. so I used random creature generators to get the required aspects (aquatic, insect, and reptile) instead of choosing animals myself. i didn't expect it to be as fun as it was lolol

the first is a combination of a mandarin dragonet, peacock jumping spider, and yellow monitor lizard c: most of the coloring and markings come from the dragonet, though the face-like marking on their back and orange on their forehead comes from the peacock spider. their 4 eyes and lil fluffy bits on the legs also come from the spider. the yellow monitor is a lil more subtle, with its aspects being the forked tongue and yellow base-color of the body.

the second design is actually the first one I did, and is a combination of a narwhal, stag/flour beetle (slash because the flour beetle was the generated creature, but the wings were referenced from a stag beetle lol), and european cat snake. the horn is where the narwhal really shines through haha but the spot markings on the legs also mimic the coloration pattern on a narwhal. the wings are pretty much the only contribution from the beetle, but the brown color palette is also meant to partly come from it. the tail and scales are pretty straightforward, that's the cat snake, but same as the beetle, the color palette also was partly derived from it c:

the third design is a peculiar, and is a combination of a horseshoe crab (aquatic, sort of ?) and a spider-tailed horned viper. very cool animals, one of which I knew of (crab) and one I'd never seen before (viper). the shell and tail come from the horseshoe crab, although the spiky bits on the tail are actually from the viper, meant to mimic the spider-tail but not look too out of place on the crab-style tail. the horns and underbelly are from the viper, and color palette is from both creatures.

and last but not least, the rosy maple moth peculiar c: this is the only one that isn't a combo, which is solely because I forgot I have a job interview tomorrow and it's midnight !! oops. so I went with something chill to finish off lol. a little more on the fantasy side, but I thought it was a good idea to sprinkle in some unnatural markings since the actual moth is pretty, but kinda boring marking wise lol.

thank you for the opportunity, these were a ton of fun to do c: if I'm accepted as an artist, I'd love to make these official as well, if possible :eyes:
Your designs:
standards wrote:ImageImage

peculiars wrote:ImageImage
he/they | ashton or ash | credit my TH for any art or design please!

thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sillymillipede » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am

bump :3