Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Sqim - Staff Application (OPEN)

Postby nowh » Sat Mar 02, 2024 6:15 am

Username - Account ID: nowh + 1057873

Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: Currently an item artist for Rephys

Position applying for: Artist x3

Tell me about your designs:
1. [strange] I think dragons are super cool, played around the lines a little bit. Was originally gonna be a catfish but ended up going a different direction while working on it
2. [strange] Couldn't get the idea of a lil critter out of my head so bam, raccoon
3. [standard] I love love love water / ocean themed characters/pets so I couldn't help but make one. Had a blast drawing the koi, it took everything to keep it on standard lines lol.
4. [standard] Decided to go simplistic with this one, wanted to incorporate flowers somehow x3

Example Sqims:

[in order from 1-4]
Image Image
Image Image
─────────────────
nowh | he/him
─────────────────
Image Image
───────────
───────────
nowh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghost_Support » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:26 am

Username - Account ID: Ghost_Support 1004894
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: none yet ! This is really the first time ever applying since I have the confidence now :^)
Position applying for: Sqim maker
Odd: the first one is a kitty sqim with a bell ! With my love of cats I decided to make a cat like sqim. The second one is a little silly magical Critter. I love making little random friends by just adding on weird traits and making them work with a splash of colors!
Standard: The first one was a more of a practice one really, I used a multitude of brushes to make the purple and white on them stand out. The second one was based kind of on a cat's colors and fur pattern, they are another experimental sqim as doing stuff like this is new but exciting!! ^^
Example Sqims:
Odd
ImageImage
Standard
ImageImage

She/they
Nervous all the time
I like memes on the internet
Image Image
Ghost_Support

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HY3NA » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:21 pm

Username - Account ID: splider 1037110
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: yeah! I actually ran an uma, weasets, for a small time. I enjoyed the artist position but I’m not so good as an owner! it’s still uploaded if you wanna peek. Most image links are broken because of discord unfortunately but there’s three visible designs here https://toyhou.se/Weasets/created (I had so much more ughh)
Position applying for: Sqim Maker
1. This old man is my favorite! A wizened old dragon type,,, with gold adornments giving that regal feel. blind in his age with some greying! I attempted to add wings but it didn’t fit with his whole vibe
2. I have a tendency to go MORE so I wanted to do a simple standard, loosely inspired by a ball python markings. A tuft of hair atop their head because I feel like the guy needed SOMETHING!
3. I really enjoyed drawing this one the most… I’m obsessed with rats, and I have a habit of doodling them with wings. Threw a little sunflower behind their ear because it’s my favorite flower with my favorite type of rat- black hooded. Coloring the wings with a bug reflective vibe was a fun challenge, I hope I succeeded!
4. Something out of my comfort zone. I enjoy browns and neutrals so I decided to go all color! Not sure if I’m a huge fan? But that’s probably because it’s not my personal style. It’s a cute little thing! Had to add ears and whiskers, again, bad at no edits when left to my own whims.
5. My least favorite. I wanted to do a winged creature and I decided to try chunkier lines too, and I just don’t think it’s my personal style. Even though they’re an albino the design is a bit plain I fear, but maybe it’s not all that bad! Just not what I’m used to personally :3 added some multiply shading to spice it up a bit,, including it for transparency on what’s not my preference (chunky lineart)

All around an enjoyable experience!
Example Sqims:
Image (strange)
Image (standard)
Image (strange)
Image (standard)
Image (strange)
    - gale | they she
    - discord for quick responses: spliders
    - wermz | sqims | cozies | 🍊
    art by me
    from the river to the sea Palestine will be free 🍉
HY3NA

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sniffs » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:45 am

Username - Account ID: sniffs 780672
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: i dont have much under my belt, but i was a guest artist for a retired UMA called suggies, and an artist for a UMA called weasets!! if you would like to see additional art examples, you can find some here on my toyhouse (a good chunk of it you need to be logged in to see though,,)
Position applying for: sqim maker
1. just a simple standard guy!! essentially my warm up to designing these lil fellas,, just went with a simple little red starry design!!
2. blue jay sqim!! i love blue jays, and figured it was a simple enough design to put on a standard!! wanted to show off some blending + texturing on this guy,,
3. marbled polecat sqim <3,, love em a lot, wanted to try my hand at a more natural design,, enjoyed drawing him a lot, just a silly thing
4. worm on a string guy!! honestly my favorite guy i made here, was super fun to do,,
5. i love rainbows, clouds, stars, so had to make a sqim with all of em ^^ was struggling for what pattern to put on the base, but i really love what i came up with!! was the most fun to draw!!
Example Sqims:
Image [standard]
Image [standard]
Image [standard]
Image [strange]
Image [strange]

☽luka/sniffs . he/its
☽discord: sniffs5324
☽toyhouse: sniffs
🌱🦨sniffs' umas🦨🌱
stinky <3

ImageImage
sniffs

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Discontinued » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:08 pm

b]Username - Account ID:[/b] Discontinued + 145884
    Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: No, not yet - I've been curious about it though! I've always liked the idea of being a part of a neat community like that. I might not be the best artist around, but I love making fun little guys so I thought I'd try and see how it goes. ♡
    Tell me about your designs: (in order from left to right)
    1: Who doesn't love scruffy werewolves? I just had to make one, and honestly it was so hard picking only one color palette! I just thought something furry could be adorable for these guys.
    2: My personal favorite!! I wanted to make something fun and silly and pinata felt like the perfect idea! And sparkles make everything better.
    3: We all need a little magic in our lives, so I present the majestic unicorn sqim made of crystals, clouds and dreams!
    4. The OG sqim I made for my application! I went out of my comfort zone with this one's design, mixing some pops of orange and yellow with the blue. I tried to go for some eel-like vibes with this guy.
    5. Sleepy frog man needs his beauty rest~
    6. Okay, believe it or not, this one is based on a pair of pants I own. I loved the colors and thought it would be hilariously cute on a sqim!
    7. Color palette challenge! I wanted to keep it super simple but with a slight flair so we got triangle gecko fella living large and in charge!
    Example Sqims:
    Odd Babies
    ImageImageImageImage

Standard Babies
    ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image Image - art shop ♡ - my kals - wermz - cozies - credit
• Yuu — tired person — INFP

- insomniac
- severe anxiety
- always searching
- wishing for everything

“I wish I could’ve lived my life without making any wrong turns. But that’s impossible. A path like that doesn’t exist. We fail. We trip. We get lost. We make mistakes. And little by little, one step at a time, we push forward. It’s all we can do. On our own two feet.” - Yuki Sohma
Discontinued

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby AbiNormality » Mon Mar 18, 2024 5:46 am

Username - Account ID: Abinormality - 159044
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: N/A
Position applying for: All artist spots
Tell me about your designs: For my Strange Sqims I made a majestic and gentle Whale Shark, as well as a bubbly and Mystic Caribou. Then my Standard Sqims are a Bengal Tiger and a Naked Mole Rat. For my items i made string lights and a tail bell. (I wasn't sure if i needed to make 4 items for both lines or 2 items for both lines making 4 items. If you would like two more items for both lines i can make more ^_^)
Example Items:

String lights
ImageImage
Tail Bell
ImageImage
Example Sqims:

Standard
ImageImage

~StRaNgE~
ImageImage

ImageImage

AbiNormality

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zerzeaz » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:51 pm

b]Username - Account ID: zerzeaz 1034805[/b]
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: No, but I feel really passionate about making these silly little guys I've had a lot of fun making them and I have more silly designs I've already made :)
1. My first guy is just a really silly clown guy I really love silly clown characters and just wanted to be able to do that with this guy I think hes cute.
2. One of my favorites I really love rosy maple moths and I really wanted to try and incorporate that into my silly little sqim design I think it's really fun and cute and im obsessed with it.
3. My absolute favorite I love these colors and the stained glass design wasn't sure if I'd really do it well but it came out really nice in my opinion! I just had a lot of fun making it.
4. I wanted to give him a kindve beautiful sky type vibe I love his little clouds and starts I just really wanted to use that kindve color pallets and I think it turned out nicely.

Example Sqims:
Strange sqim
1. Image
Standard sqim
Zerzeaz
She/They
Meesk Artist
Zerzeaz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cas:3 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:04 am

Username - Account ID: cas:3 + 950631
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: was briefly a guest artist for volux foxes back in 2019, i’m also an artist for weasets! i don’t really have much more uma artist experience other than those
1. a starry/swirly themed guy, made em while i was totally (not) paying attention to math class haha
2. fella i made with warmer colors, not much else about this squim
3. wanted to design something bright and colorful, this one is party themed! they have clown accessories and are half balloon with a balloon string tail. the tongue is supposed to be a ribbon cuz you often see those on gift boxes, and they got party hat horns, the object at the end of their tail is a balloon weight
4. i actually went for the opposite objective and tried designing something non-colorful, thought something with a big star in the center would look cool, and i just built off around that star. this guy probably looks like they have lore but i’m not good at coming up with lore on the spot so yea lol xP
5. went for a simpler strange sqim lineart-wise, with only antenna and tail edits. they’re a cloud/bug themed sqim
Example Sqims:
STANDARD
ImageImage

STRANGE
Image ImageImage
cas:3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleWonderBean » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:38 pm

Username - Account ID: LittleWonderBean 769124
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: no, Trying though!. I have other art here - https://toyhou.se/LittleWonderBean
1 .Turtle -
I really like turtles. theres a bunch of different kinds of them. I definitly will have do more variants of the turtle sqim. Mata Mata.. Snake neck..
2. Olm -
Was going for a axolotl orignially but some peeps like the olm. Decided to roll with it.
kind of a creepy looking fella.
3. Dragon -
Porcelain inspired dragon. A cute simple fella. added whiskers and tail fluff to the line.
4. Crocodile -
No changes made to the line except for the eye. This little croc doesnt wanna harm ya, mostly looking for some head scratches.
Example Sqims:
Strange Sqim wrote:
Strange
Turtle
Olm

Standard Sqim wrote:
Standard

Porcelain dragon
Crocodile sqim

LittleWonderBean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tomatotomato » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:30 pm

Username - Account ID: tomatotomato + 410576
Any past/current experience in being an artist for a UMA?: No, but I saw these little guys and knew instantly I wanted to try!
    1. Tomato - Since I'm a tomato, I thought the first standard I would do would also be a tomato! His tummy is like the cross section of a ripe tomato.
    2. Rainbow Trout - I really love how intricate the patterns on trout get to be, and as a graphic designer/illustrator, I love how folks tend to illustrate their patterns simply. He is moist, he is unbothered, he is stripey and I love him!
    3. Astronaut - I love space so I wanted to put a sqim in a little space suit! I made it puffy like the Michelin man because that's what I'd want an astronaut suit to feel like. My favorite detail on these lines are definitely the sorta accordion sections on his arms and legs, like they had in old science fiction movies.
    4/5. Cows! - I loved the stance the standing sqim have and I wanted to give them hooves so I made some cow lines! When I sketched them I had both the horns and the udders. When I came back to line them, I realized that that's not how cows work in real life so I split the lines into two bases and did a version for each of them!
Example Sqims:
STANDARD
ImageImage

STRANGE
ImageImageImage
tomatotomato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups