๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Field Research (Ancemnt pg 75!!)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Field Research (Ancemnt pg 75!!)

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:42 am

Back to Main Thread | Records Archive | Master Archive

[center]Currently Closed! We're exploring in the Event Thread this month!!

Oh hey! Dr. C mentioned that we had a new person who was joining the research efforts. Nice to meet ya! My nameโ€™s Trate and Iโ€™m one of the heads of the exploration division. We do a lot of field research primarily. We map out different zones all the time and weโ€™re always finding new things. If you check back in every so often weโ€™ll have new maps up for you to go head out.

Although, weโ€™ve realized not every zone is newbie safe, so some of them weโ€™ve put some regulations on. Iโ€™ll always lay out which ones need some experience to go to.

We actually have ways we mark experience - Badges! These make it easier to know whoโ€™s been around the block, but we also hand out rewards when you earn your badges! Anytime you meet the requirements to earn a new badge, just give a holler and Iโ€™ll happily hand them over!

Oh and if you don't want to read every single part of the explanation, please check out the crash course so you at least have a good idea of what's up.

- ๐™ฑ๐šŠ๐š๐š๐šŽ๐šœ -

Badges are something that we like to hand out here at the Field Research team as a way to show off the cool things you've done. Once you've reached the requirements for a specific badge, just fill out the form below with the proof and I'll happily hand one over! You'll also get a lil reward with your badge too, as a thank you for your hard work!

The First Friendships
*Befriend 3 Monstras
(not including your starter)
50 Mones + 1x Image
Friendship Charm
An Exploring Squad!
*Have records of 5 Monstras
100 Mones + 5 Image
PurPur Berries
MAXIMUM FRIENDSHIP
*Get 1 Monstra to level 10
500 Mones + 5x Image
EXP Charm
It's So Colorful!
*Find/Befriend your 1st Shiny
150 Mones + 3x Image
Shiny Charm
Growing in Friendship
*Experience Your 1st Conversion
250 Mones + 5 Image
Cucumelons
Full Squad - Twice!
*Have records of 10 Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Lapi Fruit
Fiery Friends
*Befriend 5 unique fire-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Ferix Root
Rooted in Friendship
*Befriend 5 unique earth-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Blossite
Floating with Friends
*Befriend 5 unique water-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Aquanan
On Wings of Friendship
*Befriend 5 unique air-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Poofen
Junior Researcher
*Go on 25 Field Research/Zone Explores
25x Image + 5x Image
Cucumelons | Monstra Charms
The Light of Friends
*Befriend 5 unique light-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Briya Clusters
Friends in Dark Places
*Befriend 5 unique dark-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Scura Gourds
Friendship RNG
*Befriend 5 unique tech-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Lumenchip
Essence of Friendship
*Befriend 5 unique spirit-type Monstras
250 Mones + 5x Image
Almans

Code: Select all
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Badge/Reward Receiving:[/b]
[b]Proof You've Earned Badge:[/b]
[b]Link to Records Archive:[/b]
[/center]
Last edited by appleschloss on Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:51 pm, edited 18 times in total.

โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โˆ˜ยฐโœชยฐโˆ˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
โ”€โ”€ sสœแด‡โ‹†สœแด‡ส€โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€ แด˜แด€ษดโ‹†แด€แด„แด‡ โ”€ แด€แด…แดœสŸแด›โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€โ”€
โ”€โ‹† แด€สŸแดกแด€สs แด…แดแดกษด แด›แด แด›ส€แด€แด…แด‡ :)
โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ยฐโˆ˜โœชโˆ˜ยฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฏ

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
โ•”โคโคโค ๐‘ช๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’†๐’” โคโคโคโ•—
Image Image
โ•šโคโคโค ยฐโ€ข. โœฟ .โ€ขยฐ โคโคโคโ•
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Field Research

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:43 am

Zones - Exploration - and More
*A Guide to Monstra Field Research*

Field research is the primary way that we've been learning about these cool creatures known as Monstras. It's also a great way to better bond with the Monstras you've already befriended. There are many different Zones out there, all with different Monstras to be found. Some Zones are trickier than others, so our field team will only allow people with certain levels of experience to go to them.

Each day, we have convoys that take people and their Monstras out to go explore. You may only go to one location each day to truly explore, as exploring takes a while! Sometimes while you're out there, you might find mones, or bait, or maybe even other helpful items.

You can also bring good luck "charms" with you to help you along your exploration journey. There are different ways to find charms, and they only work once each, but they sure can be useful!

Befriending Your Monstra

As you continue to spend more quality time with your Monstra, the bond between the two of you will grow. For simplicity sake, we measure this using EXP since it's a term everyone seems to be familiar with. Each time you go exploring, any Monstras who are with you will gain EXP and your friendship will grow stronger! For scientific purposes, we've found a way to measure this. Here's the chart we've created

Lvl 1 - 0/100
Lvl 2 - 100/250
Lvl 3 - 250/500
Lvl 4 - 500/1000
Lvl 5 - 1000/1500
Lvl 6 - 1500/2500
Lvl 7 - 2500/4000
Lvl 8 - 4000/6000
Lvl 9 - 6000/8000
Lvl 10 - 8000/10000

Monstras can go through a thing known as "conversion" where they permanently change from one form to another. Although we're still discovering every way that Monstras can convert, the main pattern we've noticed is friendship. Your Monstra will give you a sign if it's ready to convert, then you can head over to talk with some of our scientists and they can help you through the process!

FAQ about Field Research/Exploration

*What do charms do?
Charms are one-time use items that can help boost your odds for a variety of things. Some increase shiny chances, others boost EXP, while some might even let you re-roll for a shiny. You can get charms sometimes in the store, while out exploring, during events, by earning badges, and there's giveaways in our discord sometimes too!

*How many times can I explore in a day?
You may only explore once a day, so pick your Zone wisely! You also may not explore until your PREVIOUS rolls are posted! If you'd like notifs of when rolls are posted, come check out our discord!

*How many charms can I use at a time?
You may only use one charm per form that you submit. This means you can use one charm for when you try to befriend a Monstra, and one charm for when you go exploring.

*How many Monstras can come explore with me?
You can bring up to 5 Monstras exploring with you each day!

*How do I befriend a new Monstra?
You befriend a Monstra by offering it bait! All bait works differently, some is tastier than others, and some bait works SUPER well for specific types of Monstras! You'll find more bait the more you explore, and don't forget to check out the Farmer's Market for new bait options!

*How does bait work?
Bait is a type of food. Who doesn't love food?? The way to any Monstra's heart is through their stomach, so offering them bait helps show that you're trustworthy! Some bait will work better than others, so you'll have to try some out to see what works best for you!

*If I try to befriend a Monstra 10 times, does it use 20 bait?
Yep! Even though you have 10 attempts each day to befriend a Monstra (total, not per Zone), you must have 10 bait in order to do so. You can always just do 1 or 2, you don't have to use all 10 attempts each day!

*How can I get a shiny Monstra?
Shiny Monstras are a variant on a regular Monstra, but in a different, unique color. So far, it seems many Monstras have this "shiny" form. It's super rare, though. Sometimes when befriending a Monstra you might realize afterward that it's shiny! It's just a random chance when you're trying to befriend them while out here exploring.

*How often can I try and befriend a Monstra?
You get 10 chances total each day to befriend Monstras (bait depending, if you don't have 10 bait, you can only do as many times as you have bait). This is 10 total per day, not per Zone or Monstra! You may use all 10 of these trying to befriend one specific Monstra, or you can split it amongst any of them that are available that day/week. Remember, if you don't meet the zone requirements, you can't catch the Monstra there!

*Can I edit my form for exploring?
You can't *edit* the form after it's been posted BUT if you mean "can I change the design of my submission form?" then TOTALLY. As long as you include the appropriate information, you can make your exploration submission form look as cool as you want!

*Can I explore AND try to befriend the current Monstra?
Totally! Each are their own separate count, so one explore a day, 10 chances to catch a Monstra a day.

*Can I try and catch the same Monstra twice?
If you've already caught it that day and still have leftover chances, you can't try for the same one again. HOWEVER, the next day, if you caught it the previous day, you CAN try and catch it again.

*How much EXP do you get with exploring?
Each zone has a set amount of exp that all Monstra will earn when you explore there. There is a way to earn more, however. If your Monstra's type is native to the zone you're visiting, they'll get a boosted EXP. In addition, there are charms you can find that will boost your EXP, too! The EXP you gain in a trip will be listed with your rolls if you're ever uncertain!

*What happens if I encounter a Monstra while exploring?
If you encounter a Monstra while exploring you'll have a chance to either befriend it or just let it go on its way! You will use this form and quote the roll's post with your section to try and befriend it. You'll only get one chance though!

*Can I go explore without any Monstras?
Nope! It's not safe to be out there by yourself, plus it's lonely going alone! You must take at least one Monstra with you anytime you wish to explore. Luckily, if you don't have one yet, we're happy to give you your first one for free over with Dr. Clove!

*What is the "attempts" part for befriending a Monstra?
Since you can try up to 10 times a day, if you'd like to save time, you can do multiple attempts all at once as long as you have enough bait! At minimum you must put "1" but you can do 10 max TOTAL! This means amongst all Monstra available that day! So you must split between or focus all on one!

*What if I put 10 attempts for one Monstra but I befriend it before I use all 5?
If you wrote down "10" but befriended it before using all 10 attempts we will let you know in your results post!

*If I use a shiny charm but don't befriend the Monstra, do I lose the charm?
If you use a charm to help boost the odds of bait working/befriending, you would lose that regardless of if you successfully befriended the Monstra. For SHINY Charms, however, if you don't successfully befriend them, you keep the charm. If you do befriend them but they aren't shiny, the charm is still used up in that case.

*What should I link for my last Befriending Attempt/Exploration?
For exploration you can link your last post, but for Befriending Attempt please link your last *results* instead as it helps us know how many attempts you have left!
Last edited by appleschloss on Thu Apr 20, 2023 12:30 pm, edited 27 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Research Team + TLDR

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:44 am

Hi there! I'm Dr. Bradberry and I'm part of the more... history and biological side of the Field Research department. We have our people out in the field learning about behaviors, but what about their anatomy? What about their life cycles?

There's still so much we don't know, but I was hoping you could help with that. Since you're out in the field, if you find any of these items I'm looking for, I'd be happy to trade them for some of these charms we have lying around. The charms really only help out in the field anyway, so I have no use for them.

"Here are some of the items we're looking for right now."

Print Fossil
    Star Fragment
    Monstra Egg Shell

"In exchange, here's what I can offer."

Mones Magnet
    2x Print Fossil
    Monstra Charm
    3x Egg Shell
    Shiny Scale
    2x Star Fragment

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]What you're turning in:[/b] (include proof)
[b]In exchange for:[/b]
[b]Other:[/b]

- - ๐šƒ๐™ป๐™ณ๐š - -

1. You can only explore once a day
2. You must bring at least one Monstra with you to explore
3. You have 10 attempts daily *total* to befriend any of the current sightings of Monstras (so 10 to divide amongst them or all on one)
4. If you encounter a Monstra in the wild, you may have one attempt to befriend it (you can also choose to let it go on its way)
5. You may only use one charm for exploring/befriending at a time (if you have a charm to use)
6. You do not have to use all of your daily attempts at befriending a Monstra

Form for Befriending a Monstra you Encountered while Exploring:

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Monstra You're Trying to Befriend:[/b]
[b]Bait Being Used:[/b]
[b]Charm Being Used:[/b]

โ†ถ*เณƒโœง ๐™ท๐šŠ๐šŸ๐šŽ ๐™ต๐šž๐š— ๐™ด๐šก๐š™๐š•๐š˜๐š›๐š’๐š—๐š!!! หš. โƒ โ†ท หŠ-

Last edited by appleschloss on Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:27 pm, edited 17 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Zone 1

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:44 am

- - - ๐š‰๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐Ÿท - - -

โœฟ Allium Fields โœฟ

Exploration wrote:These lovely fields are known for their curious Monstras. The flowers always seem to be in bloom here, and even when it rains it seems to be peaceful. This is a common place for many people starting on their Monstra journey to explore, as well as a great place to take your Monstras out on a nice walk or picnic.

Requirements: owning one Monstra!
Monstra types found: earth, light, water, air

[b]Link to Record Archive:[/b]
[b]Zone Being Explored:[/b]
[b]Monstras Coming with You:[/b]
[b]Level of the Monstras Coming with you:[/b]
[b]Charm Being Brought:[/b]
[b]Link to last Exploration:[/b]

Current Sighting wrote:Image

Our scientists have reported that a Dandeep (ID #29) herd have moved into the Fields! Maybe you could try your hand at befriending one?

(This form is not to be used for wild encounters of Monstras!)
[b]Monstra Trying to Befriend:[/b]
[b]Number of Attempts:[/b] (this is how many times you'd like to try in one post to befriend it, minimum 1)
[b]Bait (and proof of ownership):[/b]
[b]Link to Last Befriending Attempt:[/b] (link the results not the post ty <3)
Last edited by appleschloss on Wed May 24, 2023 3:10 am, edited 27 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Zone 2

Postby appleschloss » Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:23 am

- - - ๐š‰๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐Ÿธ - - -

โ˜„ Windswept Dunes โ˜„

Exploration wrote:The scorching sands of the Windswept Dunes are not for the soft-footed. The sun always hangs low in the sky and the humidity is enough to turn any Water type away. Shield your eyes as the dust sweeps along the dunes and take heed to not travel without an extra canteen or two. Stories are told of those who have wandered into this barren landscape and never returned.

Requirements: Have the "First Friendships" Badge
Monstra types found: Air, Light, Fire, Earth

A lot of Scorchi (ID#24) have been spotted hanging around the cacti lately! Maybe you could befriend one with some a bait?

[b]Number of Attempts:[/b] (this is how many times you'd like to try in one post to befriend it, minimum 1)
Last edited by appleschloss on Wed May 24, 2023 3:10 am, edited 15 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

๐ŸŒŽ Monstras ๐ŸŒ| Zone 3

Postby appleschloss » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:42 pm

- - - ๐š‰๐š˜๐š—๐šŽ ๐Ÿน - - -

โŠ— Southtown Cemetery โŠ—

Exploration wrote:This graveyard is filled with wandering spirits. The old, broken swords of knights adorn this place in the memory of those who wielded them. You can only sight Monstras here at night, so be sure to bring a friend to light the way!

Requirements: Have one light, fire or spirit Monstra along to light the way!
Monstra types found: spirit, dark, earth

Spicat (ID #47) have been popping out and spooking visitors of the Cemetery! Maybe you'd like to try and befriend one?

Last edited by appleschloss on Wed May 24, 2023 3:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
appleschloss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lilymouse385 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:16 am

Username + ID:lilymouse385 698034
Link to Record Archive:here
Zone Being Explored:Allium Fields
Monstras Coming with You:#7 Toddle
Level of the Monstras Coming with you:1
Charm Being Brought:none
Link to last Exploration:none
Other:

Username + ID:lilymouse385 698034
Link to Record Archive:here
Monstra Trying to Befriend:Waspert
Number of Attempts:0
Bait (and proof of ownership):pomum coreproof
Link to Last Befriending Attempt:none
Other:
    โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
    โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    Adult She/Her PMs Open
    Color My tree!
    เซฎ ห™โฐ™ห™ แƒ rawr!
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
    x
    .ยทอ™*ฬฉฬฉอ™หšฬฉฬฅฬฉฬฅ*ฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™ใ€€โœฉใ€€*ฬฉฬฉฬฅอ™หšฬฉฬฅฬฉฬฅ*ฬฉฬฉอ™โ€งอ™ .

โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
    โ”‚
    โ”‚
    โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜

ImageImage
    Lilymouse385

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby Raynestorms » Fri Apr 14, 2023 4:53 am

Username + ID: Raynestorms | 977982
    Link to Record Archive: here!
    Zone Being Explored: Allium Fields
    Monstras Coming with You: Toddle | 7
    Level of the Monstras Coming with you: 1
    Charm Being Brought: N/A
    Link to last Exploration: N/A
    Other:

Username + ID: Raynestorms | 977982
    Link to Record Archive: here!
    Monstra Trying to Befriend: Waspert
    Number of Attempts: 2
    Bait (and proof of ownership): Pomum Cores (proof)
    Link to Last Befriending Attempt: N/A
    Other: <3
    Rayne
    They/Them
    โ€œEvery person on Earth deserves to sing their melody,
    and the drumming of love should never have to quell its beat.โ€
    Raynestorms

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby appleschloss » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:15 am

Username + ID: appleschloss 42156
    Link to Record Archive: (beep)
    Zone Being Explored: Star Gazing Glades
    Monstras Coming with You:
    Flyer | ID#04
    Level of the Monstras Coming with you: Level 1
    Charm Being Brought: N/A
    Other:

----

Username + ID: appleschloss 42156
    Link to Record Archive: (beep)
    Monstra Trying to Befriend: Waspert!
    Number of Attempts: 3
    Bait (and proof of ownership): PurPur Berry
    Other:

โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โˆ˜ยฐโœชยฐโˆ˜โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฎ
    โ”€โ”€ sสœแด‡โ‹†สœแด‡ส€โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€ แด˜แด€ษดโ‹†แด€แด„แด‡ โ”€ แด€แด…แดœสŸแด›โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹โ€‹ โ”€โ”€
    โ”€โ‹† แด€สŸแดกแด€สs แด…แดแดกษด แด›แด แด›ส€แด€แด…แด‡ :)
    โ•ฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ยฐโˆ˜โœชโˆ˜ยฐโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฏ

Image Image Image

ImageImage

Image..Image
    โ•”โคโคโค ๐‘ช๐’๐’Š๐’„๐’Œ๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’๐’†๐’” โคโคโคโ•—
    Image Image
    โ•šโคโคโค ยฐโ€ข. โœฟ .โ€ขยฐ โคโคโคโ•
    appleschloss

My pets
    My items
    My wishlist
    My gallery
    My scenes
    My dressups
    Trade with me

Postby ceresaerie44 » Fri Apr 14, 2023 5:16 am

Username + ID: ceresaerie44 + 1064053
    Link to Record Archive: <3
    Zone Being Explored: Allium Fields
    Monstras Coming with You:
    Aoin | #4
    Level of the Monstras Coming with you: Level 1
    Charm Being Brought: 1x Image EXP Boost Charm
    Other: sorry i posted my form on the wrong thread i was so excited lol

โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–

Monstra Trying to Befriend: Waspert
    Bait (and proof of ownership):
    x1 Image PurPur Berry
    x2 Image Pomum Cores
    Proof: Welcome Bundle
    Other: cute bee lol

โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–โ–

Monstra Trying to Befriend: Lunesum
    Bait (and proof of ownership):
    x1 Image PurPur Berry
    x2 Image Pomum Cores
    Other: im so excited i love this UMA already omg

โ˜… hi im ceres!

โ˜… she/her

โ˜… Pixel YCH Shop