⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

Postby SoggyPeach » Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:37 am

Bookshop Owner Gabby (she/her) wrote:Welcome to Feathertales bookshop, please don't knock anything over...

We host a writing club in here every two weeks, if you feel like joining.
Yeah, we have prizes too- huh? What do you mean that's the only
reason people join?

What is the Bookshop?

In the Bookshop, you can take part in twice a month writing prompts to earn some cloud coins,
and possibly even items if Gabby finds your entry particularly interesting!

This is a way to bring the community together and a way for you to develop lore for your aeros!
If writing isn't your thing, visit the Art Show instead!
Last edited by opaquii on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop's Rules

Postby SoggyPeach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:27 am

Rules

- You must own an aero and have an archive to participate.

- Prompts happen twice a month, you may join both once.

- All entries you submit must be made by you, copying or full on
ripping off another entry will get you level two strike.

- Your entry has at least hit the 100 word count.

- There are no "winners" everyone earns an amount of cloud coins, but
entries that pique the mods/owners interest may get an additional prize.

- Prettying up your post is fine and nice to see! But will not sway mods/owners for additional prizes.

Word Count and Cloud Coins

To make it easy for others to understand, we have a basic conversion right here!

100-200 Words = 800c
201-350 Words = 1200c
351-500 Words = 1600c
501-750 Words = 2000c
751-1000 Words = 2400c
1001-1250 Words = 2800c

The maximum word count is 1250, you may add more but it won't earn you additional cloud coins.
Last edited by opaquii on Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:04 am, edited 5 times in total.
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop's Current Prompt

Postby SoggyPeach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:28 am

Bookshop Owner Gabby wrote:Oh look who came, it's nice to see you. Take a seat wherever you want and
grab a paper and quill.

The prompt for this club meeting is "Write about your aero's family life, do they have siblings? Do they have a family they chose?"

Makes you think huh? Don't worry about rushing, you have until September 28th to
give me your entry.

Entry Form
Code: Select all
[center][color=#98c270]I'm entering the Bookshop![/color]
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
Prompt: "prompt here"
Aero(s) Involved:
My Entry:[/center]
Last edited by dollopofblue on Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:50 pm, edited 19 times in total.
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop's Past Prompts

Postby SoggyPeach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:30 am

Past Prompts Archive

April 30th - "Write about the time your aero went to the
market, did they find anything interesting? Or make friends along the way?" link

May 16th - "Write about what your aero's biggest goal is,
is it doable? Do they need the help of their friends to achieve it?" link

June 2nd - "Write about your aero's reaction to
the NPCs, do they have a favorite? Or maybe one they dislike?" link

July 13th - "Write about what your aero would do if they ended up being the "chosen one" for a heroic journey?" link
Last edited by dollopofblue on Thu Sep 14, 2023 1:49 pm, edited 6 times in total.
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop Items

Postby SoggyPeach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:32 am

Items you may get in the Bookshop

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Last edited by opaquii on Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

Postby SoggyPeach » Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:47 am

Please only start posting once Aeros are launched and there is a prompt!
SoggyPeach

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⛅ Aeros | The Bookshop

Postby thenullchrysalis » Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:40 am

I'm entering the Bookshop!
Username + ID: thenullchrysalis - 1047850
Prompt: "Write about the time your aero went to the
market, did they find anything interesting? Or make friends along the way?"
Aeros involved:
ImageImage
Laurel - #44 and America - #49

My Entry:
For years, Laurel has been using… Less than legal means to acquire the item he’s searching for today. Desperation can make even the kindest aero do the most nefarious things, and Laurel hadn’t been immune to its influence. But that ends today. Laurel is going to find an appropriate-- and hopefully reliable-- means of acquiring what has caused him so much emotional pain over these years. The problem?

Laurel cannot explain to anyone what he’s looking for.

The stakes are high, as they say; explaining himself has a miniscule chance of going over well enough to survive the encounter, but the risk of disaster is much higher. Oh, he can just see it now-- they’ll put him in chains and exile him from not just the market, but Aronia itself! He’ll be the laughing stock of the kingdom, and generations to come will hear his story and weep tears not of despair, but hilarity and joy. Disaster! He shudders just to think about it.

So no, he will not be telling anyone what this item is. He will simply have to be stealthy, and sneaky, and not all suspicious.

Today, Laurel walks through the market like a normal aero, definitely not sweating and avoiding eye contact. As he wanders by the different shops, he mentally crosses them off his list to visit. Clothing stores and houseware stores won’t have what he needs. The thrift shop probably won’t either. Rachelle’s Boutique is highly unlikely to as well, seeing as she only sells clothes, but he doesn’t immediately dismiss it-- or rather, her. Rachelle is popular, and popularity means connections. If she doesn’t sell what he’s seeking on the down-low… maybe she knows someone who does. He saves this option for the very last, however, because it would mean explaining himself, and he’s not so desperate as to risk his future and reputation just yet.

The very same applies to Jacob and his stall. Laurel has seen Jacob selling some interesting and unique items, but as popular as Jacob is, Laurel doubts he’d be openly selling The Item. Still, Laurel may have to resort to asking Jacob if this doesn’t work out; "this" meaning that Laurel actually has a lead. Of sorts.

The Shady Alleyway Vendor, whose name remains unknown, offers items unlike any other. Last Laurel heard, the Vendor had potions that could change ones appearance. The price was quite high, but these potions could be found nowhere else. This is the kind of aero that would have The Item, Laurel is positive. So, on paws which suddenly feel quite weak, Laurel approaches the alleyway where the Vendor resides.

“Good afternoon,” The Vendor greets pleasantly as Laurel steps into view, “Interested in any potions?”

Mouth suddenly dry with nerves, Laurel replies, “Actually, uh, no. I was wondering if-- if you had a certain item in stock.”

The Vendor eyebrows are not visible, but Laurel feels the Raised Eyebrow Vibe all the same. “And what item is that?” He asks. Laurel hesitates, suddenly unsure of himself--

“Oi, do you have well water in today?” A voice asks right beside Laurel’s ear, causing him to yelp and jump. “Oh, sorry.” The red and blue aero says halfheartedly, barely glancing at Laurel, who is reeling in confusion. The Vendor sighs like this is a conversation they’ve had a million times and still haven’t come to a conclusion on.

“Actually,” He says, leaning down to grab something from under the table, “I do.” He presents a small vial of beautiful, clear water, which sparkles in the sunlight somehow reaching the shady alleyway. Laurel knows in an instant that this is the well water he’s been seeking all along.

“How much.” Both Laurel and the other aero ask, in sync, turning to glare at the other in sudden competitiveness. Though shaken by the revelation that he is not the only well water drinker in Aronia, Laurel’s desire for the well water overpowers all else. He must have this well water. Sure, he can drink it from the well whenever he wants (well, unless Sylvia catches him, in which case she usually chases him off with a broom), but it’s the principle of the matter. It’s the fact that Laurel doesn’t have to sneak around anymore-- it’s the fact that he can buy it, legally. Sort of? He’s unsure of the Vendor’s practices but they must at least be legal if he’s allowed to sell things in the alleyway, where it’s quite obvious.

“One-hundred thousand cloud coins.” The Vendor replies, smug. Laurel blanches, and at his side, the competing aero does the same. For a moment, there is tense silence.

“Nah.” The other aero says. They turn to Laurel. “Want to go get some from the well instead?”

“Sure,” Laurel says.

“America, you literally harassed me for weeks asking me to stock this.” The Vendor says, irate. Both aeros ignore him.

“I’m America.” The red, white, and blue aero introduces himself to Laurel.

“Like the country?” Laurel asks.

“The what?” America replies, seemingly actually oblivious.

“Nevermind. Let’s just go get some delicious, crispy well water.”

And so the two new friends shared a scrumptious glass of yummy yummy well water, and due to the power of friendship, they didn’t even get parasites. The end :)

he/they | ashton or ash | credit my TH for any art or design please!

thenullchrysalis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Thu Apr 20, 2023 1:56 pm

Username + ID: dragoness129 + 3218
Prompt: "Write about the time your aero went to the market, did they find anything interesting? Or make friends along the way?"
Aeros involved:
#62 Nebuliyss
My Entry:
1013 Words wrote:Nebuliyss padded along on the quaint cobblestones. She could see the colorful tarps adorning the market stalls just past the tree line. She could hear the gentle and lively melodies of instruments being played and laughter strung throughout the chatter. She always enjoyed the walk through the enchanted forest on her way to the market. Sprites, pixies, and other fae creatures flitted mischievously about, giggling in unknown delight. It was so nice that this part of the forest was paved, even if further in it gave way to a dirt path.

She paused a moment at the edge where the forest gave way to the market. She turned her head to admire the exquisite iron lantern posts flanking the stone path. They were not yet lit, as it was still too early in the day for that. When she had visited at night, the lanterns often gave the market the feel of a festival. A small magical flame danced within the glass. When it came time for festivals, the stall owners tended to add even more lights, choosing colors based on the theme. She smiled at the memory, already eager for the next event.

There was already a bustle of activity at the market as Aeros moved from stall to stall, searching for the things they needed, a new trinket for themselves or their home, or just browsing and chatting with the shopkeeps. Thankfully, it wasn't what Nebuliyss would consider too busy. Her anxiety would be spiking if it were too large of a crowd. She steeled herself, taking long, deep breaths before she took the next few steps. She would give herself little reminders throughout the day to pause and keep breathing. It was what helped keep her calm.

Nebuliyss made her way slowly around the marketplace, enjoying the sights and the delectable smells. She could detect several dishes being roasted over fires. Each was making her salivate in response. She was not in any hurry, nor did she have any plans for later in the day. Eventually, she would have to head back home for dinner. She had a stew simmering on low and being tended to by a friend. She was content to move at a slow pace from stall to stall, admiring many of the goods the merchants were trying to persuade customers to purchase. She felt the small coin purse at her side. She had never had to worry about pick-pockets before, but she had always thought you could never be too sure if one felt brave enough to try.

She passed by Jacob's stall as she heard him call out about strange coupons and breeding snacks. She was content for the moment and not looking for a partner to share the snacks with. His wares were also a good deal out of her price range. She gave a friendly wave, but a small shake of her head as he tried to entice her over.

Next, she passed by the Prima Boutique with Rachelle elegantly showcasing her wears to a group of intrigued aeros. She browsed the selection for a while, thinking over a few of the choices. Ultimately, she decided to wait. She was still hopeful that the magic wishing well would give her the perfect outfit. She might yet come back to purchase a Tail Moon and Small Satchel. She would think about it as she made her way to the other stalls.

She had a pleasant conversation with Kit, owner of the Thrift Store. They talked together about some of the neat things that each had seen, even bringing up some of the stranger discoveries. Nebuliyss greatly enjoyed hearing about all of the neat gadgets, trinkets, and used goodies. She greatly appreciates that each item is being sold at a discount so that even those with a small income may find something new to bring them joy and happiness. She perused the wares for a while before heading out, not having a need for any of the things in stock at the moment. After seeing all the goodies, she does leave with her head full of new ideas and possibilities.

As she passed by an alley, Nebuliyss did a double take. There was a vendor hidden in the shadows. She noticed them giving her a silent "come over here" gesture. More curious than suspicious, she moved forward to investigate. The stranger showed her what they were selling. She shook her head, letting them know she found the goods interesting but was not currently in need of them. She kept the fact that they were very steeply out of price range to herself but bid the stranger good luck on the sales. Even if the goods were not for her, she was sure there was an aero out there who would be interested in them.

Finally, she saw some posters advertising Free Goodies! She followed the directions and came to a small stall with several boxes piled around it. There were adorable plushes overflowing from each crate and pilled in a mountain on the top of the stall. Each plush was clutching a small potion and had a tag to label what each potion was. She glanced around for a shopkeep, but there did not seem to be one. She noticed a note taped to one of the pillars that read "3 each per Aero. Free to a good home." Nebuliyss could not help but smile at the cuties and took the three home with her. They could all be friends.

By the time she had explored all of the market at a slow, casual pace, the sun was beginning to set. The lamp posts were alight with the ethereal flame in all of their glory. While not making any new aero friends, Nebuliyss had an enjoyable day. She had an idea of what she might be looking for on her next visit. She enjoyed some good conversations with the store owners and enjoyed the lovely architecture and landscape of the area. With three new plush buddies, she headed home, eager to enjoy some delicious stew.
Last edited by dragoness129 on Wed May 17, 2023 12:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raynestorms » Mon Apr 24, 2023 6:35 am

Username + ID: Raynestorms | #977982

Prompt wrote: "Write about the time your aero went to the
market, did they find anything interesting? Or make friends along the way?
"

Aero Involved wrote:Image
Azazel | #56
they/he

My Entry wrote:
Azazel was where they always were on Friday; The Market, trying to sell their handmade clothes & weaponry.

His bright pink tent was small, but it was enough to cover all the items he had to sell. It had black, swirl-like patterns on it, in an attempt to draw customers (one that never worked).

They never had much business, Rachelle and her stupid Boutique made sure of that, but they got what they needed to make do.

“Hey, Az!” A familiar voice called. A yellow Aero with black stripes like that of a bee walked into Azazel’s tent with a grin on his face.

“Hi Bumble,” Azazel responded with a slight smile. They’d never admit it, but they enjoyed the company of the regular at their shop.

Azazel’s smile fell as he heard the goats in the tent next to his tent bleating, seemingly as loud as they could muster. ‘Had to be right next to them, didn’t I?’ He thought.

“How have you been?” Bumble asked as he browsed through the items for sale.

Azazel shrugged. “Been better honestly. Business has been slow recently, especially with the clothes. It seems like no one wants any of them now.” He ended his sentence with a flick of his pointed tail.

“Oh, that’s probably because of the event over at The Boutique!” Bumble said cheerily.

Azazel paused.

The what.

“What event?” They asked as calmly as they could, but the sparks beginning to form around their forepaws gave away their true feelings. Azazel’s ability to create fire from the tips of their paws was quite useful to them for forging weapons, the only problem was that it flared up when they felt strong emotions.

Bumble looked surprised. “You didn’t know? The Boutique is holding an event where everything’s half off, and there’s double the amount of items! Who could pass up a deal like that?”

Azazel’s ears were pressed back. “How lovely.”

No one had been at the tent for a few hours now, and Azazel was getting sick of hearing those damn goats.

Not one customer other than Bumble, and he didn’t even buy anything.

All because of The Boutique.

Maybe…’ he thought, ‘if The Boutique was gone…

They were a demon, after all, and setting things on fire was their nature.

Azazel put up the “Closed” sign on the main table of his tent, and started heading south. His paws left trails of blacked grass as he headed towards The Boutique.

Can’t steal business from me if you don’t exist, huh Rachelle?

He made it to the front door of The Boutique, then stopped as someone opened it to leave. Azazel immediately recognized who it was.

Rachelle.

“Oh, Azazel! I was about to head to your tent!” She said. “I was going to ask if you wanted some of the fashion you’ve designed to be sold at my shop. I’ve seen what you can make, and I know you have your own area at The Market to sell it all, but I would just love to be business partners!”

Azazel blinked.

Maybe they wouldn’t have to destroy this woman’s living after all.

Rachelle noticed he wasn’t answering. “You don’t have to answer now, it was just an idea-”

“When should I bring it all here?”

Sure, she’d get to keep her precious Boutique for now, but if she decided to quit the partnership? Azazel was keeping those cards on the table.

But right now? They had a business opportunity, and they weren’t going to throw it away.

Besides, there weren’t any goats in The Boutique.
Rayne
They/Them
“Every person on Earth deserves to sing their melody,
and the drumming of love should never have to quell its beat.”
Raynestorms

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby almondkitty » Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:34 am

Username + ID: almondkitty 377392

Prompt wrote:"Write about the time your aero went to the market, did they find anything interesting? Or make friends along the way?"

Aero Involved wrote:Image
Aumoe #63 | they/them

Entry wrote:The walk to the market was lonely and cold. Aumoe hated going out but they were running low on supplies at home, so off to the market they went. What a miserable day, the small aero thought, trudging through a puddle. Of course I would need to go out today. Their downtrodden spirit being a part of who they are did not help the mood they were in as they arrived at the market. Crowded and bustling, the market was a sight to behold. From the artists booths selling paintings, carvings and crafts to the fruit stands selling ripe strawberries, jams and apples, nobody's stall was empty and everyone seemed to be in a good mood. That was, of course, except Aumoe. They looked around the market in shock, even more depressed than before. How would they ever get their groceries in this crowd? They hated noise, fuss and large groups of people, all of which were congregated here in the market. Unhappily, they resolved that they would need to face the problem head on and simply endure.

Weaving through the bustling stalls, they made their way toward their first stop; the baked goods. Not wanting to make conversation with the kindly aero running the stall, they quickly snatched up a few loaves and tucked them neatly into their bag, leaving the payment on the counter before the baker could even say hello. Onto their next task they went, barely avoiding running headfirst into a couple walking the opposite direction. Apologies exchanged, Aumoe was off in a flash to the produce section, buying as much off their list as they could see. They made quick work of the fruit and vegetables, tossing them into their bag and paying the vendor with the speed of an anxious wasp. Next was the dairy section for eggs and milk. This proved to be more difficult. The eggs needed to be handled with care, lest they break, and the jugs of milk were heavy. Maneuvering through the crowd carrying them would be a task and a half. Carefully placing the eggs on the bottom of their bag, Aumoe then lifted the milk jug carrier in their mouth and slowly made their way toward the exit.

Finally, they thought, exasperated. I can go home. And homeward bound they went, mission successful. Nothing exciting, sure, but a small victory is still a victory. Aumoe went home feeling a little more optimistic. Maybe it wasn't such an awful day after all.
my birthday is november 8th ♡
almondkitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me