✦ Stars Catvent 2022

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: ✦ Stars Catvent 2022

Postby jay. » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:02 am

↬ catvent day: eight

↬ username & id: jay. +688591
    ↬ clan archive: the aurora borealis

↬ word count: 64 words ! quick answer today
    ↬ prompt:

past: "you're going against her wishes, badgerstar. this is not what she would have wanted. you were on the right path."

present: "something heavy lingers on your mind, kuduhorn, yet you're not telling. do you intend on sitting back and watching this tragedy unravel?"

future: "this isn't the justice you're looking for geckostalk. you don't know the damage that will be done. i do."
✧ jay / juno ✧ they / them ✧ adult ✧
toyhou.secarrd.co
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby feather ' » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:12 am

↬ username & id: feather ' + 979911
    ↬ clan archive: the still waters !!

↬ word count: 55 words <3 this really isn't meant to be taken seriously 😭
    ↬ prompt:

Past: ''Ha, how pathetic you were, way too many wrong choices Yolknose,''
    Present: ''You're really weird, but you try to be good, but make terrible food. at least i'm not eating it
    Future: ''Yolknose... you're going to be 100 times weirder than before, a bit too weird for my liking, but I don't really care! ''
feather '

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strawberrymwilk » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:14 am

↬ username & id: strawberrymwilk + 793492
    ↬ clan archive: eclipsed night

↬ word count: n/a
    ↬ prompt: the ghost of christmas future comes with a warning for aeron

┌───────┐
.............strawberry
..............she/he
.............nb lesbian
..........lavender glade
..............storage

..........art by whitehund
└───────┘
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:22 am

↬ username & id: nindroidzane + 996925
    ↬ clan archive: frostclan

↬ word count: 963 words
    ↬ prompt:
moon hissed at the ghost floating casually over her head, tail bushed up like a wildfire.

"you're one of those forest ghosts." she narrowed her eyes. "I knew you were real! wait until everybody sees this, that'll show them to-"

"oh, I'm not one of them." the ghost chirped, lazily turning onto their back. "and you're the only one who can see me."

moon slid her claws into the snow. she wasn't buying any of that - every time she'd ever tried dealing with ghosts, everything about them was always doused in lies. she wasn't about to start believing them now.

"sorry to disappoint." the ghost shrugged. and with a flick of their tail, they were gone - and so was moon.

"wha-?" moon glanced down at the snow, way down below her paws. she was floating now.

"what are you doing?!" she hissed, swiping at the ghost. but they were out of reach, and honestly, her claws probably would've made about as much impact as they had on the air. it was the principle of it, though.

the ghost cat didn't dignify her with a response. instead, they nodded over to a few wolves gathered within the thicket of trees she hadn't even noticed they were in.

peering closer, she could see what they were all sniffing and staring at - a tiny, fluffy black kitten.

moon blinked.

"what kind of trick is this?" she raised an eyebrow at the ghost, but even she could tell her voice was deflated.

the ghost put a paw to their muzzle, hiding a smile. of course they were amused by this. stupid ghosts.

"haven't you ever wondered where you came from, moon?" they crossed their paws, resting their chin on them. "oh, of course you have. that's why you're so angry, isn't it? at your clanmates?"

moon blinked again. what.

"don't pretend you donno what I'm talking about." the ghost gestured in front of them. "you never fit in with them, did you? you always wondered where you came from. why would they leave you here?"

before moon could process whatever the stars was going on right now, the ghost flicked their tail again. and again they were gone, out of the woods and back under the open sky. in front of camp again, actually - only she was still floating. hm.

"was moon harassing you again?" minkpaw's small voice piped up from below them.

moon looked down. he and littlefog were huddled into a nook in the snow, hiding out together, as usual. she scowled. hiding out and talking behind her back. why was she not surprised.

"no." littlefog huffed. "yes. I don't know. why's she care so much, anyway? we've got enough to deal with already, without her sneaking around us all the time."

"I know." minkpaw shrugged. "but that's just the way it is. we can't really do anything about it."

"that doesn't make it any less annoying." littlefog sighed. "whatever. sorry. I'm just frustrated."

"no, it's alright." minkpaw licked her shoulder. "I get it."

moon wasn't sure what to say to all that. they looked at the ghost hovering beside them, feeling a bit guilty - a little less guilty after seeing the smug look on their face and the amusement glittering in their eyes, but guilty nonetheless.

"why are you doing this?" moon asked, slightly exasperated. but the ghost just covered their muzzle with a purr, flicking their tail again.

moon coughed, blinking away the smoke from her eyes. she was still stuck floating up in the air, but she could feel heat on her paws and the tip of her tail. she looked around, puzzled. it was usually nothing less than freezing cold around here.

but there was fire everywhere.

she swished her tail in alarm, paws flailing slightly in the air. she didn't even know it could catch fire here. her sister had supposedly been named after the last fire, shortly before she was born, sure, but that wasn't exactly a story she'd believed.

the ghost was still there, watching them carefully. they actually looked solemn this time, which was... ominous.

"I have no idea what this means." moon swung her paws out towards the ghost, extremely confused and a little terrified. as if she hadn't been anxious enough already, agh.

"this is the future." the ghost waved their tail vaguely, which helped about as much as eating a chunk of ice for breakfast.

"I figured." moon glanced back at the fire. "I still don't know what it means." it felt a little 'you're going to burn to death', but she didn't say that out loud. she didn't want to know if it was true.

"it's going to happen either way." the ghost leaned their head on one paw, gesturing down to the blaze with the other. "but you can still choose what you're going to do about it. there's still time."

moon's fur stood on end. now what did that mean? what was she supposed to do about this?

but she only got as far as opening her mouth before the ghost flicked their tail one last time.

as if she'd only been gone a blink, moon was right back where she'd started. though her claws were gripping the snow more in terror than anger, this time.

that was probably the most terrifying thing to happen to her all season. she certainly had... a lot to think about.

she didn't bother flattening her frazzled, spiking fur as she dragged her fish into camp, the way she'd been trying to do before being spontaneously scarred for life by some stupid ghost.

she saw littlefog and minkpaw glance at her from across camp as she entered, both of them quickly looking away as she caught their eyes. she frowned.

a lot to think about indeed.
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby galaxyy. » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:40 am

↬ username & id: galaxyy. + 803669
    ↬ clan archive: jadeclan

↬ word count: 124 words
    ↬ prompt: a gentle breeze, whispering sweet nothings into the ears of those who stop to listen, tousling the fur of unsuspecting passersby, offering glimpses of past, present, and future alike.

a frosty, bitter winter. two-legged creatures frolicking amongst newly risen greenery, freely roaming a land destined to betray them; soon barren and lifeless, a lullaby to those of yore.

a time of peace and open doors, none barred. spices and tea and herbs and trinkets, traded and bartered to no end. blue and orange, an ode to neither yesterday nor tomorrow, rather, today.

a starry-eyed vagabond, unbridled, no destination in sight except that which once was home. crumbling, ashes to ashes, dust to dust. a swirling rift of cosmos and a ballad of fallen stars.
galaxyy.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:49 am

↬ username & id: Deercan | 776756
    ↬ clan archive: The Roundtails

↬ word count: 564 words
    ↬ prompt: Lovelace had been playing with a piece of twine in his nest, waiting for Ambrosia to arrive back from a guided patrol. With little claws he flung the string, watching as it flew out of the nest and a few whisker lengths away.. landing directly at the paws of three cats he hadn't seen before.

It didn't alarm him, seeing them there, for he assumed that they were simply part of the castle's company; being so new here and so young, he hadn't yet met most of the residents. With little kitten paws he stretched out his front legs, wiggling them in the air to try and reach his string without leaving the cozy bed. This was unsuccessful, he found.

He watched curiously as the smallest cat of the three grabbed the twine, running around in a few circles as if playing with it too, before prancing over and setting it back in front of Lovelace with a swift and playful toss. The stranger didn't meow a word, only wiggle his whiskers at the white kitten. The cat seemed young, perhaps young squire age.

The second cat to come forwards was huge. He hadn't seen a lot of other cats yet, but she was by far the biggest; her size didn't intimidate the small kit though, surprisingly enough. She had an air of wisdom around her as she approached him, bending her head down and sniffing in the air as if searching before gently touching her nose to his fluffy little forehead. "You have a lot to look forward to, my dear. You'll find a comfortable place here, if you keep that heart of gold of yours." The old, motherly cat held there for a moment longer before heading back to the smaller cat, who greeted her with a happy purr.

The third lingered a few mouse moments with the others, before taking their turn to see the kitten. They were a beautiful cat, and Lovelace felt as if they were very important and respected highly; why he felt this, he couldn't tell for he did not know. It was simply a hunch.
    The cat leaned their conjoined face down to give the kitten a gentle lick on the forehead, and as they raised their head up again Lovelace noticed how the stained glass window filtered the light behind them, creating a glowing light crown on top their head. They were majestic, and their eyes glittered with something magical. "You have nothing to worry about now, young one. You're in good paws," they purred, "remember not to let yourself be caught up in the storms around you; live life joyfully and your spirit will never break, no matter how others may bring you down. You are loved." With another nod, they turned and danced off to join the others.

Lovelace watched them murmur amongst themselves, quiet like a spring breeze. They seemed to know each other very well; family, perhaps? He didn't have time to ask their names, for when he blinked he found they were gone in an instant, leaving only their star-sweet scents behind.

This was all rather odd, Lovelace thought, but these cats are nice! He would have to tell Ambrosia what happened later; maybe they would know who these strangers were. With a tired yawn he curled up to sleep with a soft smile, tucking his golden twine beneath him.
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ stars catvent // #8

Postby sunny-skies » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:58 am

↬ username & id: sunny-skies // #888283
    ↬ clan archive: valleyclan

↬ word count: 128 words
    ↬ prompt:
    the first ghost that had met mothdapple had given her brief glimpses of her past throughout each winter. it had filled her with comfort and nostalgia viewing herself from kithood throughout her apprenticeship, a time where her mind was less consumed by other things.

the second was soon to follow, jovially introducing themselves as a representation of the present. it was only a few seasons since she had surpassed her apprenticeship in valleyclan, though she was still unsure of what her place in the clan was exactly.

she was only truly caught off-guard by the last ghost, the future. it's presence had been forbodeing and left her with a feeling of apprehension. it didn't say much it had only spoken to warn her of the moons to come.
sunny-skies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Fri Dec 09, 2022 11:58 am

↬ username & id: Skywardthedragon 935233
    ↬ clan archive: Company of Fools

↬ word count: 104
    ↬ prompt:

Strange images swirled around Hearthstone, of a kind he’d never seen before in any of his studies. Perhaps they were phantasmal images, but their words seemed to strike fear into his heart like nothing else.

“You left her behind to seek your craft, yet you’ve forgotten about her as soon as you took your eyes off her,” the wrinkled one said.

“You search for immortality, yet instead of joining a conference you fruitlessly try to do so in your own way,” the shadowed one said.

“What will you do if you ascend to the heavens? Who will you leave behind?” the youthful one said.

Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 8 Results

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:01 pm

ImageImageImage
as always, all users have received a randomized prize for participating (first five lists)! as well, users who’ve written
more than 500 words (or the art equivalent) have been randomly awarded an additional prize (last two lists)! <3

Catvent Day Eight Results:
      ↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 boon of fertility (extra monthly breeding slot for users)!

aftonbuilt
        archaeopteryx.
        artmajor
        cloudeddiamond
        dascanadiansparkle
        dragoness129
        griff
        grimmratt
        nindroidzane
        skywardthedragon
        strawberrymwilk
        sunny-skies
        unohdettu.lupaus

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's gift (guarantees 2+ kits for nursery litters)!

adamented
        echo into void
        galaxyy.
        jay.
        kennymcnenny
        mrs

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 hourglass (bypasses a cat's breeding cooldown)!

coffee.berry
        feather ‘

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 revive (brings a dead cat to life in explore)!

deercan
        faelyn
        hush

↬ the following users (below) have earned +1 star's greetings (starclan/dark forest line edit)!

arrikanez
        craig ?
        lili041
        vivika

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

↬ the following users (below) have also earned +1 uncommon edit for writing 500+ words/art equivalent!

archaeopteryx.
        coffee.berry
        dascanadiansparkle
        deercan
        echo into void
        griff
        grimmratt
        kennymcnenny
        mrs
        strawberrymwilk
        unohdettu.lupaus

↬ the following users (below) have also earned +1 rare edit for writing 500+ words/art equivalent!

adamented
        arrikanez
        artmajor
        nindroidzane

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

if you posted a response before rollover and don't see your name somewhere, please contact vivika (on cs/discord) as soon as you can! <3
Last edited by faelyn on Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

✦ Stars Catvent 2022 - Day 9

Postby faelyn » Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:02 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxImageImageImage
↬ Catvent Day Nine!

You are looking to recruit some of your cats to be a Christmas-tastic caroling choir!
Which cats do you pick and how do they react?

Code: Select all
[size=85][list][b]↬ catvent day:[/b] nine

[b]↬ username & id:[/b]
[b]↬ clan archive:[/b]

[b]↬ word count:[/b] n/a, for day nine!
[b]↬ prompt:[/b] [/list][/size]

#activeprompt
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery