Carolina Shepherds Summer Event 2022 (Open to all!)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Carolina Shepherds Summer Event 2022 (Open to all!)

Postby shortstop » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:50 pm

Username: shortstop
Dog Name and ID#: #A-0005 SM's Read Between the Lines//Linus
Link to Dog: cs page || th page
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment:
    Fit (+2 to sports and SAR)
    3* Booties (+3 to SAR)
    TDU - Tracking Dog Urban (+2 to SAR)
    TDV - Tracking Dog Variable (+2 to SAR)
    TC - Tracking Champion (+4 to SAR)
    MX - Masters Agility Excellent (+1 to SAR)
    MXC - Masters Agility Century (+1 to SAR)
    AC - Agility Champion (+2 to SAR)
    NSAR - Novice SAR Dog (+2 to SAR)
What trail do you want to take?: Moderate Trail
Additional art/writing/community entries:
    Writing: Story regarding the event featuring #A-0005 SM's Read Between the Lines//Linus [339 words]
      They'd managed to cook the fish. Well, kind of. The sad little campfire that the trainer had built hadn't managed to cook the fish all the way through. It had also kind of charred on the outside, so the trainer wasn't willing to eat it. Linus had eaten it instead. It tasted pretty ok.
      The next morning the sky was full of clouds. Linus was fascinated by them. They were nothing like what he was used to seeing back home. He stole glances at them as he and the trainer continued along the trail. The terrain on the mountain was growing rockier, and their pace was starting to slow as things became more difficult to navigate. Linus had to focus more on where he put his feet, so he lost focus on the clouds above him. A small lizard crossed his path. Linus stopped to watch it until it disappeared into a crack in the rocks.
      The first raindrop startled Linus when it landed on his head. Instinctively, he looked up at the sky. The clouds had grown angrier and Linus frowned. What would a storm on the mountain be like?
      The trainer didn't want to find out. They glanced around frantically before suddenly veering off of the trail. Linus was quick to follow, sticking close as the rain got heavier. With no trees to protect them, he wondered how they would get out of the rain. Would the trainer try and set up the tent?
      The trainer skidded to a halt, then disappeared! Linus panicked for a brief moment before the trainer called his name. Linus found them in a hole in the mountain, and quickly joined them. What the trainer had found was a small cave. The entrance was low in the side of the mountain, so that they were almost under the ground. It was lovely and dry outside, and Linus relaxed. Without thinking, he shook the water from his coat.
      The trainer let out a yell of protest as he was drenched in the water.
we do the best we can with what we have
┏━━━━━━━━━━━┓
toyhouse
flight rising
arpg storage
discord: shortstop.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━┛
previously shadow9119 (2011-2021)
shortstop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delta Dawn » Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:27 pm

Username: Delta Dawn
Dog Name and ID#: LK Tales Of Yesteryear | "Ghost" C-00015
Link to Dog: Here
3* Booties +3 to SAR
Outdoor Enthusiast (+5 to tracking and SAR)
Novice SAR Dog +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR
Tracking Champion +4 to SAR
Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR
What trail do you want to take?: Challenging
Additional art/writing/community entries: Community Participation

hey, i'm dawn!
they/them | young adult
trade thread

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Delta Dawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby werepickle » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:50 am

Username: werepickle
Dog Name and ID#: Marek
Driven (+2 to SAR)
TDU (+2 SAR)
TDV (+2 SAR)
TC (+4 SAR)
CH (+1 SAR)
GCHS (+1 SAR)
NSAR (+2 SAR)
What trail do you want to take?: Moderate
Community Participation, Story, Artwork

Here (747 words)

Art using lilpuppin’s base
Here
werepickle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gasparluna844 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:22 am

Username: Gasparluna844
Dog Name and ID#: Chester A-0028
Link to Dog: Here ^^
3*Booties (+3 to final score in SAR)
CH - Champion (2 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
GCHS - Grand Champion Silver (5 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
MX - Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR
MXC - Masters Agility Century +1 to SAR
AC - Agility Champion +2 to SAR
OCM - Obedience Companion Dog +1 to SAR
TDU - Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR
TDV - Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR
TC - Tracking Champion +4 to SAR
Hello there! You can call me Gabs, Gabi or, as most prefer, Luna
I'm Portuguese so English is my secondary language
My pronouns are she/her but they/them is also good if you prefer ^^

Image Image

TH (I'm active in closed species so... check it out if you're interested!)

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

Anyways, have a good day/night!

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Frisco » Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:40 am

Username: Frisco
Dog Name and ID#: Bunny #A-0198
Link to Dog: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4726188
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment: -
Community participation
Image Image Image
colour-in on a base by Polona of Romeo
colour-in on a base by StarTracer of Atlas
colour-in on a base by Cardéstal & Jenny of Bunny
Last edited by Frisco on Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

What a beautiful, beautiful thing
to be able to dream
when you're not asleep.

art by Sixbane
Frisco

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:30 am

Username: ►Athena◄
Dog Name and ID#: Cinnamon, B-0057
Link to Dog: here
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment: (+18 total)
3* Booties (+3 to SAR)
NSAR - Novice SAR Dog +2 to SAR
Community Participation - pet share
Color-ins: Fluff and Duel + Oreo
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Julius525 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:41 am

Username: Julius525
Dog Name and ID#: Delgado C-0002
Link to Dog: Link
Dog’s SAR Traits/Title Bonuses/Equipment: (+18)
NSAR - Novice SAR Dog (Find 2 missing hikers) +2 to SAR
Community Participation
Julius525

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:29 pm

Sorry about the delay in posting yesterday's results - I wound up saving this as a draft instead of posting (oops). Going to tack on an extra day at the end of the event to make it up to everyone, sorry about that!

Linus is sniffing around the base of a tree when a loud crack sounds ahead. A rather large tree falls ahead of you, shaking the ground, blocking the trail and scaring Linus and shortstop. You have to head back the way you came to search for an alternate trail as Linus won't get near the fallen tree. Unfortunately you've failed to progress up the mountain today.
You gain 94 feet and 15 SAR points from your story - glad to see that Linus got the fish and hopefully his trainer was able to dry off!

Ghost and Delta Dawn made steady progress up the trail today, stopping a few times to take breaks, eat snacks, and take the odd bit of gravel out of boots and paws. You've progressed 623 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 43 feet from community participation!

Marek and werepickle spend the afternoon checking out some of the scenic spots in the area. One of them has a few fallen logs set up as benches, so you and Marek stop to take a break and have a snack looking out over the valley. You've progressed 384 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 236 feet and 35 SAR points from your sweet story of Marek being so patient and caring with Willow and 50 feet and 9 SAR points from your drawing of Tundra!

Chester has been very excited about different scents today, and as Gasparluna844 hikes up the trail you are gifted a number of trash items left on the trail from other hikers. After a long day you are relieved to find a trash and recycling bin to drop the water bottles, food wrappers, and plastic bags in. You've progressed 286 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 36 feet from community participation!

Furrydogs12 will be rolled once their form is fixed

Bunny and Frisco are hiking up a relatively flat section of trail when Bunny starts spending a lot of time sniffing some tracks on the ground. As you get closer you realize they are hoofprints from a horse, now that’s not something you see up here everyday! You've progressed 344 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 34 feet from community participation and 188 feet and 27 SAR points from your fantastic drawings of Romeo, Atlas, and Bunny!

For whatever reason today is unbearably hot and humid. Knowing better than to attempt to hike through the hot and sunny parts of the day, Cinnamon and ►Athena◄ get an early start, set up by a stream to swim and take a nap while the worst of the heat passes, and then continue their hike up the mountainside. You've progressed 592 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 25 feet from community participation and 173 feet and 30 SAR points from your great drawings of Fluff, Duel, and Oreo!

Delgado and Julius525 follow the trail to a busy highway. With cars flying past it's definitely not safe to cross. You turn around to find another way up the mountain but are startled by another hiker climbing out of the streambed. They tell you about a large culvert you can walk through to follow the trail underneath the road if you don't mind getting your feet wet. You've progressed 404 feet up the mountain!
You also gain 38 feet from community participation!

Event Totals:
►Athena◄: 2931 - You win a choice between one common custom or 100 SAR points! Please send me a pm with your choice (and design if you choose a custom).
Delta Dawn: 2749 - You win a choice between one common custom or 100 SAR points! Please send me a pm with your choice (and design if you choose a custom).
Frisco: 2336 - You win 25 SAR points! They have been added to your bank.
Furrydogs12 - 300
Gasparluna844: 2736 - You win a choice between one common custom or 100 SAR points! Please send me a pm with your choice (and design if you choose a custom).
Julius525: 1819 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank.
shortstop: 1976
werepickle: 2030 - You win a choice between one 2* piece of equipment or one common trait! Please send me a pm with your choice so I can add it to your bank. You also win 25 SAR points! They have been added to your bank.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Delta Dawn » Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:52 pm

Username: Delta Dawn
Dog Name and ID#: LK Tales Of Yesteryear | "Ghost" C-00015
3* Booties +3 to SAR
Outdoor Enthusiast (+5 to tracking and SAR)
Novice SAR Dog +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR
Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR
Tracking Champion +4 to SAR
Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR

hey, i'm dawn!
they/them | young adult
trade thread

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Delta Dawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Gasparluna844 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:58 am

Username: Gasparluna844
Dog Name and ID#: Chester A-0028
Link to Dog: Here ^^
3*Booties (+3 to final score in SAR)

Writing: Personality development for Yogurt A-0138 [364 words]

Yogurt's "job" in the shepherd household is just as peculiar as his name is... He's an entertainer, which by itself isn't really that strange at all... Until you ask him what he does to entertain the others, and that's... Being a magician. Why? It was "just natural to him" is all he says, nobody really understands what he means by that but they never bothered to question it, after all, his tricks tend to be pretty spectacular. Many have tried figuring out how he does most of his tricks, some are easy to figure out, like the obvious thumb trick which he usually only shows to the pups since the adults know how it works, but others... Are very complicated looking, to such an extent that they question if it's truly just an elaborate trick or if it perhaps could indeed be magic. Though, of course, the skeptics of the home have tried to theorize and debunk that hypothesis with... Almost complete success, it just isn't fully complete because there's always something off, a piece that doesn't fit into the puzzle, and it leaves the smart dogs scratching their heads in confusion as they move to square one yet again for the 100th time. I'll tell you the secret though, because I'm the only one privy to the magician's knowledge... It's quite simple, how is Yogurt able to do feats that a dog shouldn't be able to do? Well... He gets help from his owner, and due to him being sneaky... Nobody has caught onto the duo, their owner is hidden from view in every show as Yogurt basks in the excitement and astonishment from the audience, looking at the intelligent dogs with a wide smirk as he sees them absolutely baffled at what they've just witnessed. Outside of shows he's quite chipper and really talkative, with a tendency to ramble as opposed to his focused self when performing. Yogurt's a little bit of an attention-seeker but in a more endearing way, he's passionate about his craft, which can make him agitated if his work is insulted in some manner, and he's also very fond of blueberries or any deserts with blueberries in them.

Art: The kids stared with their breaths held as their father revealed what he was hiding... "Is this your card?" asked the magician, grinning at the bewildered expression of his pups, he had succeded once again. Loved drawing Yogurt and his children, the pups present (from left to right) are: Marauder B-0148, Ariel B-0147, Poseidon B-0146 and Hydra B-0145 ^^
Hello there! You can call me Gabs, Gabi or, as most prefer, Luna
I'm Portuguese so English is my secondary language
My pronouns are she/her but they/them is also good if you prefer ^^

Image Image

TH (I'm active in closed species so... check it out if you're interested!)

Mostly here for closed species shenanigans nowdays, but if you wanna trade or talk to me then you're welcome to do so! c:

Anyways, have a good day/night!

(I'm also looking for any halloween pets on my wishlist, i love their designs so much!!!)

Btw mods me and lunarblackberry are friends so we sometimes gift eachother or trade unfairly if we need or want anything, thanks for listening

Gasparluna844

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me