Goon Crafting [Updated]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Goon Crafting [Updated]

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:21 am

Main | Adoptions | Shop | Coyn Exchange | Customs/Breeding | Trading | Crafting
User Inventories | Goon Records | Discord | Events
︵‿︵‿୨♡୧‿︵‿︵

As the goon community slowly grows, new goons pop up to investigate and get involved, looking for their opportunity to feast make new friends. One of these goons is Carver, a retired expert craftsman, who offers his time and skills to teach those who want to enter a trade. He can teach you a number of skills, but he’ll only offer one lesson per person per day. He has to make sure he has time for everybody, after all.

Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:48 am, edited 9 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goon Crafting

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:32 am

Construction

Code: Select all
[color=#BF0000]Teach me Construction![/color]
Username: [mention if this has changed]
What I’m practicing: [choose from Carver's crafts - image or item name will do - or provide a blueprint]
Blueprint: [if applicable, provide a description of or reference to the item you want made, or create your own on [url=https://i.imgur.com/J6To8oJ.png]this base[/url]]
My experience: [start with 0 and add as you receive it]
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:00 am, edited 11 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:32 am

Duplication

[color=#8000BF]Teach me Duplication![/color]
What I’m practicing: [item to recreate, proof of ownership]
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:00 am, edited 5 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:33 am

Sales

[color=#008000]Teach me Sales![/color]
What I’m selling: [item you’re selling]
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:00 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:34 am

Revision

[color=#FFBF40]Teach me to Revise![/color]
What I’m practicing: [new color or recipe]
What I'm practicing with: [name of item, proof of ownership]
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:00 am, edited 6 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:35 am

Design

[color=#FF80FF]Teach me to Design![/color]
What I’m designing: [provide a description of or reference to the item you want made, or create your own on [url=https://i.imgur.com/J6To8oJ.png]this base[/url]]
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Carver's Crafts
For Amateurs wrote:ImageImageImage
Concern Emote| Smile Emote | Wink Emote
ImageImageImage
Shock Emote | What Emote | Angry Emote
ImageImageImage
Hype Emote | Nervous Emote | Tasty Emote
ImageImageImage
Idea | Chef's Toque | Simple Beanie
ImageImageImage
Sombrero | Sick Shades | Birdy By-Product
ImageImageImage
Hard Work | Sweat Drop | Tumbleweed

For Novices wrote:ImageImageImage
Key Necklace | Simple Wings | Dusty
ImageImage
Science Fumble | Hot Mess

For Apprentices wrote:ImageImageImage
Old Wizard Hat | Newsboy Cap | Kaboom
Bad Vibes
Last edited by Nyakuni on Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:15 am, edited 10 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

FAQs

What is Construction?
Fill in the form in this section if you want to make an item from the Carver's Crafts section, OR if you have a blueprint for an item you want to craft.
What is Duplication?
Fill in the form from this section if you want a copy of an item you already have in your inventory! Any item in your inventory will work. Coyns are not items.
What is Sales?
Fill in the form from this section if you want to sell an item from your inventory for coyns. This is a good way to earn coyns if you craft items you don't want. If you don't have any items of your own, Carver will teach you with his own items, but you'll earn less coyn. You will earn less coyn than you spent if you sell shop items this way.
What is Revision?
Fill in the form from this section if you want to change the color of one of your items, whether it is in your inventory or already on a goon! Once you have earned enough experience in this skill, you may start to create recipes that will allow you to change the style or shape of your items.
What is Design?
Fill in the form from this section if you want to make a new item that isn't in the shop or Carver's Crafts. There are no limits to the types of items you can create this way, except whether or not your level of experience in the skill is enough to make the item. If you succeed, you will get a blueprint of the item!
What is a blueprint, and what can I do with it?
A blueprint is an item which can either be granted by the owner or created by a user. If your blueprint was granted by the owner, it can be used in construction to make the item of your choice or submitted to the shop to have the item made and sold there as a regular item. If you designed your blueprint yourself, it will already be named for the item it can be used to construct (such as 'Flower Hat Blueprint' or 'Sunny Background Blueprint'), but can still be either constructed or submitted to the shop.
What should I do with my blueprint?
If you submit your blueprint to the store you will lose the blueprint, but your item will be stocked in the store. This means there will be an infinite supply of the item made, and no chance of failure to make the item. However, it also means you will have to purchase your item with coyns. If you craft the item instead, you can either attempt to construct it yourself or ask someone else to construct it for you. If the blueprint is successfully constructed, the user who crafted it will receive only one copy of the item, but the user keeps the blueprint and can continue to attempt making more of the item. If a user crafts the item, there is no guarantee of success.
Can I submit my blueprint to the shop after I'm done crafting with it?
Sorry, but no! Our shop will only make items that are exclusive to their shelves.
What are my odds of success?
A secret! Your chances will always be lower when attempting to craft a more complex/higher level item, though. Start with something simple or low level to gain more experience quickly, and try more difficult items as you gain more experience!
"Crafting takes time and dedication to become skilled, but the rewards can be worthwhile if you stick to it," Carver claims. "Oh, and don't attempt a task too far outside your skill level, or you won't be able to keep up, let alone learn anything new."
I keep failing!
That isn't a question, but it is normal. If you're just starting out, expect to have lots of failures as you learn the basics. Be persistent and you'll have better odds of success with every day!
What is a recipe, and what do they do?
Recipes are items which allow you to make specific changes to the items they are for. For example, a 'Striped Simple Wings' recipe would allow you to add stripes to the Simple Wings item. Any item may have hidden recipes like this awaiting discovery! Once you have one, you can revise the item with your recipe.
How do I find a recipe?
Any time you revise an item, you have a chance of finding a recipe related to it.
How do I know if I have enough experience to design an item I want?
Best practice is to start with simple items, but there is no sure fire way to know when you are ready to design an item or to know what level the item will be. Design is one of the more complex skills to learn, and may require plenty of trial and error to figure out.
Can I trade/sell my crafts?
Yes! From constructed items to designed blueprints, whether you want to co-operate with someone who has better experience in another skill before getting them back or just don't want them anymore, you can trade or sell any of your crafted items, or items that you find while crafting, including recipes!
When is it a new day?
The same time as CS rolls over: 00:00 (midnight) GMT. Here is a handy clock which can tell you what time it is.
Last edited by Nyakuni on Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:59 am, edited 10 times in total.
Nyakuni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Goon Crafting [CLOSED ATM]

Postby Nyakuni » Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:36 am

Reserved.
Nyakuni