Sleepy Hollow Percherons Rarity Guide

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Sleepy Hollow Percherons Rarity Guide

Postby sleepyDandy » Fri May 27, 2022 12:09 am

homebreedingcustomsauctionsshop
discordarchiveartist search • genetic guide

Percherons are a breed of draft horse that originated in the Huisne river valley in western France, most commonly seen in a black or grey color. They are well muscled, and known for their intelligence and willingness to work, as well as being generally peaceful creatures that are lovable and easy to train. They're seen between 15 and 19 hands high, and 1,900 to 2,600 pounds. Percherons were originally bred for use as war horses, but over time, they began to be used for pulling stagecoaches and later for agriculture and hauling heavy goods. They have been crossed with several light horse breeds, such as Arabians, to produce horses for range work and competition, but are still used for forestry work and pulling carriages.

Sleepy Hollow Percherons originates from the northern midwest United States, home to many varieties of horse from many different backgrounds of work; working as police mounts in Australia to forestry and farm work in Great Britain, parades, sleigh rides and hayrides around the world, and competing in various classes such as dressage and classic cart. Sleepy Hollow Percherons can very commonly seen in equine therapy and beginner riding lessons as well due to their gentle, relaxed behavior.

Height: 15-19hh (16-17hh average)
Eyes: Natural and unnatural colors accepted
Hair Types: Wavy, Loose, Roached, Plaited (Braided)
Body Types: Clean, Feathered

unseen markings
Manchado
Chubari Spots

Chimerism
Chimerism occurs when non-identical twin embryos fuse into one at an early stage of development. While the embryo develops normally, body parts, organs, etc, are made up of different DNA, resulting in a ‘genetic mosaic’ creature whose body contains a mixture of cells of two different genotypes. Chimerism has also been documented in cats and even humans.

Chimeras are often marked by distinctive brindle patterning in the coat. These striking brindle coat patterns are more likely if the twin embryos were bay and chestnut, for example, rather than bay/bay or chestnut/chestnut. While often this unique coat is simply inherited, as is often seen in dogs and cattle, DNA testing of mane and tail hair samples may indicate two distinct individuals, and a blood test can determine if the animal is truly a chimera. Chimeras may also exhibit an unusual bi-coloured or splotchy coat.

Chimeras are most commonly seen through breeding in Sleepy Hollow Percherons, but on the extremely rare occasion they are seen as new arrivals.

Somatic Mutation
A somatic mutation is a bodily mutation that can be found in horses, but it is not heritable from parent to offspring. They are thought to be caused by environmental factors or reactions to chemicals that are encountered. This mutation turns a portion of the horses coat "off" and strips a dilution from the area effected. In horses with a dilution, such as a palomino, the mutation will change the coat to chestnut; a bay will have the coat changed to black. Black or chestnut horses with a somatic mutation will have the effected area turn white. In trotters, it usually only strips a single diltion rather than multiple; for example, a Seal Brown Cream may have the cream "turned off" and show the seal brown rather than black.

In Grey horses, it creates blood marks, or the commonly known bloody shoulders.
In Appaloosa horses, it commonly creates what is known as Mismarked Appaloosa.

Edits
Large, organic edits such as wings, reptilian/aquatic or lengthy mammal tails (bovine tails are okay), body alterations such as sway backs, and dish faces are prohibited. Exaggerated Roman noses may show up in adopts and customs but need to be approved by sleepyDandy beforehand.

Small organic edits are perfectly acceptable. Examples of these can include: unicorn horns, bovine or goat horns, antlers, cloven hooves, and mane/tail edits.
Items such as custom halters, halter charms, tack such as saddles, saddle blankets, harnesses, and reins, jewelry, flowers, or small companions are also permitted.

Any edits legal within the SH Percheron species are charged for by artists through custom orders.

Check out our Visual Guide for more in-depth information.

Please do not post on this thread. <3
Last edited by sleepyDandy on Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Standard Coat Rarity

Postby sleepyDandy » Fri May 27, 2022 9:08 pm

common - (c) / uncommon - (u) / rare - (r) / limited - (l)

Chestnut
    Standard, Red, Honey (c)
    Liver, Black (u)
    Mushroom (r)

Agouti
    Standard, Dark, Blood, Seal Brown (c)
    Sandy, Wild (u)
    Mushroom (r)

Black
    Raven, Fading (c)

Cream
    Crcr (c)
    CrCr (u)
    prlprl (r)

Champagne (u)

Dun (u)

Grey (c)
    Steel - usually Black/Seal based
    Rose - usually Chestnut based
    Mulberry - usually Bay/Seal based

Flaxen (u)
    ff - expresses
    Ff - carries

Silver (u)

Pangare (u)
    cannot be seen on a solid black type! (E_ aa)

Somatic Mutation (r)

Chimerism (l)
    Only seen in breedings!
    Spots (u)
    Birdcatcher are white
    Grease are a darker shade of the coat

+Birdcatcher/BC Spots
    +Grease Spots

Rabicano (u)

Sooty (u)

Roan (c)

Tobiano (c)

Splash (c)

Overo (u)

Sabino (c)

Dominant White (r)

Blanket Appaloosa (c)
    Spotted - Lplp
    Snowcap - LpLp
    Varnish - Lp_

Leopard Appaloosa (u)
    Leopard/Semi-Leopard - Lplp P1_
    Fewspot - LpLp P1_
    Snowflake Lp_ P1_

Lacing (r)
    + Lacing

Brindle (r)
    + Brindle

Reverse Brindle (l)
    + Reverse Brindle

Reverse Dapples (l)
    + Reverse Dapples

Gulustra Plume has recently been noted to be seen in any
    paint based marking that has low white, such as minimal
    sabino, slipped tobiano, or minimal splash.

Corn marks can be seen in any roan. They are made of
    damaged hair follicles that occur from minor injury to
    the skin, and the hair grows back as the base coat
    beneath the white.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Non-Event Breed Specific Genes

Postby sleepyDandy » Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:29 am

common - (c) / uncommon - (u) / rare - (r) / limited - (l)

Blanketed Sooty (u)
BstBst / Bstbst
A type of Sooty that expresses on the rump of the Percheron, extending down the hind legs but never
touching the front half of the horse. Blanketed Sooty can be seen with normal Sooty, as it is a marking
of its own, and will show over non-white markings, but under white markings.
It can appear dappled, although a solid Blanketed Sooty is much more common.
sleepyDandy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me