Raptor Island | Stuck In the Mud (opening event)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Postby mewmew. » Mon May 02, 2022 5:06 pm

Home Page

Event start date: 05/02/2022
Event end date: 05/16/2022

Welcome to the first Raptor Island event! This event is to kick start the adopt and help members develop their second raptor. If you do not have a starter raptor or do not know anything about Raptor Island please click the link above that will take you to the adopt!

Oh no! It seems a group of packless raptors have been found and the poor things have stumbled into a mud pit. The mud pit wasn't thick enough to keep them from getting out but now they are all tired and dirty. They will need your starter raptor's help in order to get clean, rest, and heal from this scary endeavor. As you help them they will hopefully start revealing who they are to you.

Last edited by mewmew. on Mon May 02, 2022 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mewmew. » Mon May 02, 2022 5:10 pm

Event Rules:
➔ You must have a starter
➔FCFS raptor claim, you must post on the raptor's page first
➔You may only claim one muddy raptor
➔ You must post on the event page after you claim on the raptor's page
➔ Your raptor will slowly be revealed in the 2 weeks after you claim it
➔Once you claim you raptor you have 2 weeks to finish the following tasks:
-- give your raptor a name, age, gender
-- develop their personality
-- give them a history (brief or in depth.)
-- write or draw a scene of your raptor interacting with your lead
-- describe their position within the pack
-- write about how this raptor feels about their new packmates
➔ All writing prompts have a 150 word minimum. No max. Go wild.
➔ If you do not finish 4 or more of the tasks before the end of your two weeks the raptor will be readopted
➔ If your raptor is readopted you can apply for it

Please fill out the information below. Only post once and then just edit your forum as you go.

Code: Select all
Username:
Raptor Claimed: (please link)
Date you claimed: (you have 2 weeks from this week to fill out everything)
Tasks: (edit and link as you go)
-- give your raptor a name, age, gender (you do not need to link this. Will be updated on raptor's page)
Last edited by mewmew. on Wed May 04, 2022 10:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
mewmew.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Raptor Island | Stuck In the Mud (opening event)

Postby DuskzeHedgie » Tue May 03, 2022 5:06 pm

Username: DuskzeHedgie
Raptor Claimed: here
Date you claimed: 5/3
-- develop their personality here
-- give them a history (brief or in depth.) here
-- describe their position within the pack here

Done! :D
Last edited by DuskzeHedgie on Fri May 13, 2022 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DuskzeHedgie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cosmic_Dragon » Tue May 03, 2022 8:41 pm

Username: Cosmic_Dragon
Raptor Claimed: Here!
Date you claimed: 3rd May
-- give your raptor a name, age, gender (you do not need to link this. Will be updated on raptor's page)
Last edited by Cosmic_Dragon on Thu May 19, 2022 2:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cosmic_Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Wed May 04, 2022 4:06 am

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Raptor Claimed: here
Date you claimed: 4 May 2022 (well it’s 4th here)
Tasks: wip

All prompts have been completed here
Last edited by DarkestWerewolf on Tue May 10, 2022 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Luzala » Wed May 04, 2022 5:52 am

Username: Luzala
Raptor Claimed: Raptor #033
Date you claimed: 3rd of May
-- develop their personality here
-- give them a history (brief or in depth.) here
Last edited by Luzala on Tue May 10, 2022 3:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Howdy! you can call me Lu <3
she/her | software engineering student | chaotic good
LBCs | Far West Stables | My Deviantart
My TH
Luzala

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nindroidzane » Wed May 04, 2022 10:08 am

Username: nindroidzane
Raptor Claimed: #039
Date you claimed: May 3rd
nindroidzane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winx » Wed May 04, 2022 2:27 pm

Last edited by winx on Thu May 19, 2022 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
blah

Hi there ya precious beans.

Always willing to help with trades
or pricing pet/item/C$ values ♥
Feel free to PM me!

Got a problem and
think CS staff could fix it?
Submit a ticket!

TH Characters

winx
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Wed May 04, 2022 2:45 pm

Username: blackhoeses
Raptor Claimed: #038
Date you claimed: 5/3

Kantu can be insecure about his coloration, but he is very confident in hunting and scouting. He is not a big talker but when he does speak others listen. Because of his history he is a very good listener and empathetic. He cannot stand bullying and is very firm in teaching young raptors right from wrong. He also can be a bit noisy wanting to know what his pack mates are up to. So that way no one gets missed, forgotten or taken advantage of. In human terms his motto would be “Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind.”

Kantu is from a pack that is very isolated and drab both in traditions and coloration, his bright colored skin made him stand out. And while it did not cause any problems while hunting his bright green coat caused him no end of heartache within the pack. In fact, he often sought out mud to cover his skin up so that way he would be more drab like the rest of the pack. This led to the leaders of his pack thinking of him as not only an eyesore that did not fit in but also as a slovenly raptor. While they knew he was a skilled hunter that brought in kills frequently, they brushed off all that he contributed to the pack. And unbeknownst to them some of the other raptors in the pack took advantage of him wanting to belong. They would allow Kantu to hunt with them and acknowledge him if he let them take credit for the kill. This led to Kantu not only being passed over for positions in the pack, he was rarely acknowledged for his hard work. This may have continued on indefinitely but the summer Kantu turned 16 the area that his pack was in went through a drought. As thing became harder and harder on the pack the leaders decide that it was time for some of the younger and less useful raptors to leave. Of course Kantu was at the top of their list, and even though he was chased out with a few of the other raptors. They did not want to stick with him, the prejudices that their home pack taught were something they were clinging to in these harsh times. Kantu decided that he would keep traveling until he could join a pack where his skills would be appreciated and his skin would not cause him problems.

Kantu had walked into the mud pit thinking it was like most of the others he had come across. There were none of the warning signs that this mud was super thick and dangerous. Not to mention it did not look too deep, so he decided to cool off and refresh his mud coat. Even though he had long since been chased out of his old pack. He still did not like showing his skin without a layer of mud or dust if he could help it. He had grown up a lot and become more confident in himself and his looks since being a lone raptor. It had been a hard 5 years of being a lone raptor and he was really hoping to find a pack that was willing to take on a loner like him.

It did not take him long to realize that he had made a miscalculation about this mud pit, soon he was stuck and panting from the effort of trying to get out. After a few hours of struggle with not a lot to show other than being completely covered in mud from head to tail. Kantu tried calling for help, he just really hoped there were no large carnos in the area. Thankfully Devi was patrolling the western side of her territory. She heard what sounded like a raptor in distress, Devi cautiously approached the area she heard the call coming from. When she looked out of some large fronds at the edge of the forested area it took her until Kantu moved to realize that there was a raptor in the mud. She had to cough to cover up her laughter as she did not want to offend the poor raptor stuck in the mud. Once she had herself under control she stepped out into the sunlight and walked over to the edge of the muddy area.

Kantu heard a raptor cough or was it a laugh, he turned his head to the right and narrowed his eyes looking at the forest. Soon a tall well built female raptor stepped out of the foliage. She was striking not just for her unscarred skin or her perfectly formed tail, what really struck him was bluish green skin and paler under belly. He shook his head to get himself back on track, Kantu called out a greeting. And held his breath hoping that she would help him and would not just leave him there. She greeted him back and told him her name was Devi. After some basic pleasantries back and forth, she asked if he needed help or if the mud was just that comfy.

This dry bit of humor startled a laugh out of Kantu and that seemed to break the last bit of tension between the two. It took some clever thinking but eventually with some larger branches and a couple of rocks. They had Kantu out of the mud pit and standing on firm ground once again. He decided to ask Devi about the packs in the area and was startled to find out that she was the Prime alpha of a pack. Admitley it was a pack of two at the moment but she had seemed very confident about that changing. Kantu was not sure where to go from there in the conversation. Devi noticed that he seemed kind of nervous and with her usual bull in a china shop. Just straight up asked him if he was nervous because he wanted to join a pack or if he just did not like large groups.

Kantu was a bit taken aback by her straight forward approach but also kind of liked it. He told her that he had been a loner for 5 years and was looking for a pack. Devi cocked her head and then asked him if he wanted to come to the meeting point with her pack. Kantu was excited but kind of nervous about this but he agreed to come with. By the time they made it back to the meeting point Devi had managed to pull most of his life story out of him with her blunt questions and humor. Just before they entered the clearing that held the other Black Maw pack member. Devi turned and asked Kantu if he wanted to join the pack, he just nodded his head. And wondered to himself what on earth had made this Alpha Prime offer him a position in her pack so quickly. Not being able to see the diamond in the rough that Devi could see. Or more accurately a good raptor buried in mud.

-describe their position in the pack
Kantu had walked into the mud pit thinking it was like most of the others he had come across. There were none of the warning signs that this mud was super thick and dangerous. Not to mention it did not look too deep, so he decided to cool off and refresh his mud coat. Even though he had long since been chased out of his old pack. He still did not like showing his skin without a layer of mud or dust if he could help it. He had grown up a lot and become more confident in himself and his looks since being a lone raptor. It had been a hard 5 years of being a lone raptor and he was really hoping to find a pack that was willing to take on a loner like him.

It did not take him long to realize that he had made a miscalculation about this mud pit, soon he was stuck and panting from the effort of trying to get out. After a few hours of struggle with not a lot to show other than being completely covered in mud from head to tail. Kantu tried calling for help, he just really hoped there were no large carnos in the area. Thankfully Devi was patrolling the western side of her territory. She heard what sounded like a raptor in distress, Devi cautiously approached the area she heard the call coming from. When she looked out of some large fronds at the edge of the forested area it took her until Kantu moved to realize that there was a raptor in the mud. She had to cough to cover up her laughter as she did not want to offend the poor raptor stuck in the mud. Once she had herself under control she stepped out into the sunlight and walked over to the edge of the muddy area.

Last edited by blackhoeses on Wed May 18, 2022 5:25 pm, edited 6 times in total.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets