đź“€Wermzđź“€ Artist Applications!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: đź“€Wermzđź“€ Artist Applications!

Postby Fruitywhales » Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:42 pm

Username + user ID: Fruitywhales 808105

Why would you like to be an artist for wermz?
I respect how much collaboration and creativity goes into this community, and I'd love to play a part in it. Thank you for the opportunity!

Orchid Mantis wrote:
Tell me a bit about this werm!
This werm can be found on early mornings, soaking in the morning dew. It's a buggy bug world out there!
Melatonin Werm wrote:

This werm keeps nightmares at bay and is said to bring restful sleep to those who stumble upon it.

(I had a formatting issue with the images, hope you're able to see the details just fine though :? )
Fruitywhales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Goji ✦ Dragon » Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:00 am

Username + user ID Goji ✦ Dragon + 875950
Discord: Goji ✦ Dragon#9309
I like the lore, I think it’s rare to see this kind of species project with so much stuff put into the world their living in, it’s kind of fresh. Also I don’t have a lot going for me right now. I had a lot of fun making these and I hope I’ll be able to make more in the future, thank you for the opportunity.

ImageImageImage

ImageImageImage

Tell me a bit about this werm! I wanted to try to make a relatively anatomically correct wermz skeleton and some spooky ghost smoke. I might have made to many variations for this application ^-^’.
If you ever were to consider these I can also animate them Image
ImageImage
These mock-ups were put aside for accidentally resembling another character

ImageImageImageImage

Tell me a bit about this werm! These are plushy inspired wermz, we got a normal one, a dog, a cat and a bunny. I think plushy inspired wermz look really cute, even if I’m not hired I would love to see those someday!

Image I wanted to also make a custom werm mock-up but I unfortunately ran out of time, I discovered this thread a bit too late for me to go “all out” and make everything I wanted to do. I hope you’ll forgive me for posting an unfinished one…
Imagehere’s a colouring reference
Last edited by Goji ✦ Dragon on Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:06 am, edited 12 times in total.
ImageLavender Menace Image
Stations: 1 2 3 4

Discord : goji_dragon
Previously known as: Goji ✦ Dragon#9309
My toyhou.se

Goji ✦ Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GoldieDoggy » Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:42 am

Username + user ID GoldieDoggy| 949727
Why would you like to be an artist for wermz? i love the species so much and would love to create some official Wermz! Seems like a fun thing to do, and the Wermz "staff" are an amazing group of people

Blue Ringed Octopus wrote:These Wermz are inspired by the amazing blue ringed octopus! They're one of my favorite cephalopods, so i decided to use their pattern for a slightly-edited-but-almost-standard werm. (Eyes were changed a little to accommodate the type of eyes octopus have)

Last edited by GoldieDoggy on Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
GoldieDoggy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mossclaw3706 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:48 am

Username + user ID Mossclaw3706 + 34046

ImageImageImage

Tell me a bit about these wermz!
For my application, I chose to create three on-base wermz because I think they're so neat and would love to see more of them popping up! Distinct silhouettes are a very important element of character design, but I wanted to challenge myself to showcase some wermz that relied on other principles of design. Since wermz are all on the same base or built from the same base, I think it's important to make designs that feel meaningful and distinct from each other, so that's what I set out to do with these guys! In general as an artist, I draw a lot of inspiration from the natural world and organic shapes :> I thought these would make for some fun scamps that you could easily see all dressed up and careening around Eaden.

It's super cheesy, but I love Wermz! I think the lore is super compelling and gives players just enough freedom to be goofy and to balance out the heavier tones of a post-apocalyptic setting with lighthearted silliness. There's something to be said about a group that convinced me to finally get into UMAs after being on CS since 2009! (I saw a werm in someone's signature and the rest was history, ahaha) I would love to be able to contribute to this awesome and kind community by being a guest artist. Outside of Wermz, I'm staff & a worldbuilding designer / writer for a creative collaborative world-building arpg over on deviantart (ThoseWhoWentMissing), and frequently help folks design characters to fit into the arpg, as well as create characters for the group to raffle off. I'm very community-minded and love the way that art can connect us to ourselves and each other. That's pretty intense for some pixel wermies BUT I feel strongly about little communities like Wermz and think it would be great to contribute to one! <3

Lastly, I also applied to be a breeding artist, so I'm linking that post here for easy wrangling!~ Thank you so much for your consideration, and all the hard work you do!
Last edited by Mossclaw3706 on Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mossclaw3706

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby m0r1bund » Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:41 pm

ImageImage
Username + user ID m0r1bund #1041909

I thought it would be fun to make a weird little wasteland werm, so the guy on the left was born. They're here to keep all the city wermz on their toes : -)

The fella on the right is an attempt at a werm that someone could have fun dressing up, but who also has plenty of personality on their own. I really like the NPC wermz and the simpler litters for that. I think it's fun to design with that mechanic in mind, and also for folks who enjoy the basic werm silhouette or just like simple designs.

Once upon a time I used to work at a petsite, and these days I play a very gift-giving and community-focused ARPG. But all of them have barriers to entry if you want to make free critters to give away to other people. I like doing that now and then, so it's exciting to me that wermz artists get to do that as part of the game.

Also, I just think wermz are neat! The idea of designing magical ferrets living in a decrepit wasteland is inherently fun.

Word of warning: *this is very much a guest artist application!* I am in college and it keeps me very busy, probably too busy to put out whole litters. But I would love to contribute a design here and there for others to fiddle with, or for minigames or scavenging. Hopefully that's OK. Either way, thank you all for making this game, and for your hard work, time, and consideration!
She/her (: Image
m0r1bund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me