CAC: Browntail's Catvent Calendar

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Postby selkirks » Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:28 am

Catvent Day 25: Writing Competition
Username: selkirks
Clan the cat will go to: tundra
Which cat you're trying out for: queen + kits
Why did this cat decide to separate from their family and strike out for a Clan to live with? Please include this cat coming up with a holiday gift for their family: Miraclewish's paws ached as she ran away from the group of cats running after her. The piece of twoleg food wasn't much, but it would be enough to feed her ailing mother. The group leader was a black tom who could outrun a hound, and he kept pace with her, till finally, he grabbed her neck in his jaws to keep her from running. Miraclewish hissed as she tugged and pulled away from him, and she was finally able to make him let go of her, but he also tore her neck. She slid as the blood dripped down her paws and looked up in fear as he slowly walked towards her. Her ears were curled back. The tom just laughed and was about to attack her, but a shape leaped out from under cover of darkness and slammed into him, and Miraclewish realized it was her father. He screamed at her to run, and so she did, her paw pads rubbing against the rough stone of the alleyway pavement. She ran till finally, she made it to her family's den. Her mother was fast asleep, and Miraclewish dropped the piece of twoleg food beside her. Her younger sibling and her two littermates looked up at her, and the younger asked where their father was, stating he was worried about her and was going to look for her. Miraclewish's fur crawled with shame, and just before she began to explain what had happened, her father stumbled into the den before immediately collapsing. His fur was dotted with bite marks and scratches, and his pelt was stained red. Her littermate, with herbal experience, yelped and immediately took to help their father. Miraclewish felt sick and was only aware that her kits were awake when one called her name. Her four beautiful kits looked up at her with their bright eyes. She licked the top of their heads, "Don't worry, I'm here." She sighed and curled around them, intentionally preventing them from seeing the bloodied body of their grandfather. Miraclewish's siblings yowled, and she turned her head towards them, only to see her father, no movement in his body. He was dead. Shame coursed through her body, and she couldn't bear to look in her siblings' eyes or her mother's as she woke up to the yowling, begging Miraclewish to tell her what had happened. It felt like her whole world would stop. Her sibling explained that their father had come in wounded and died of blood loss, and their mother let out a heartbreaking scream.

Miraclewish's family was resting, exhausted, and in grief after burying her father. She, though, was wide awake. Miraclewish's kits looked up at her with curious eyes, "Where are we going, mama?" One of her kits asked. She looked ashamedly at her paws. She felt as if she betrayed her family, and wherever she went, so did death and misfortune. Although Miraclewish didn't want to leave her family, she knew she must protect them, even if it meant getting rid of her. She picked up her kits and sat them on her back, except one. "Stay here. You're going to stay with them, okay? As a gift, a reminder of me." She murmured. Her kit whined as they followed Miraclewish outside, "Mom? Please don't go! Did I do something wrong? Ma!" They whined, but Miraclewish could do nothing as she carried her other three kits away from their sibling, whose soft sobs gradually faded into the night.
selkirks

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: CAC: Browntail's Catvent Calendar

Postby NightWolf950 » Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:51 am

Catvent Day 25: Writing Competition
Username: NightWolf950
Clan the cat will go to: HazeClan
Which cat you're trying out for: Elder
Why did this cat decide to separate from their family and strike out for a Clan to live with? Please include this cat coming up with a holiday gift for their family: Since Ursa was older she knew she would be unable to protect and provide for her family the way she use too. Knowing the others had something calling out to them, knowing they wouldn't go unless they knew she was safe, Ursa said a silent prayer. Unsure if any ancestor was listening. That was until one knight she was visited by an old Siamese looking tom. He seemed kind and made sure Ursa was aware he meant no harm. "Ursa, the ancestors of HazeClan has heard your prayer. I am Murkyeyes. I once found my self in a position sort of like yours. My former clan disbanding and finding their own new calling. Like you I was worried and didn't know where to go. That was until a kind tom took me into his clan. It was there where I was well fed and felt safe. My wisdom provided to be great help to those who came and sought the advise of an elder. If you wish, we can send a member of our clan to come find you. To bring you to a new place where you can live out the rest of your days in peace." Murkeyes spoke. Ursa had heard many stories and fairy tales of clan cats, but never sought them out as she had no reason to. She sat quietly as the tom spoke, letting it soak in. She felt a tugging sensation in her heart, as if something or someone was calling to her. "Is... is this what the others feel?" Ursa murmured. Murkyeyes chuckled softly and nodded. "It is." Once again Ursa fell silent, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath before opening her eyes and looking back at the starry pelted tom. "I accept... If my family knows that I'll be safe then they won't miss out on their destiny."

Ursa's Gift: At a young age Ursa was taught how to make little wreaths/crowns out of flowers and feathers by her own mother. So she will use this skill to make each family member a special wreath/crown out of flowers and feathers that she feels best represents each individual. Of course she'll give a cute sappy farewell as well, promising to one day see her family again.
NightWolf950

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Day 25 Results

Postby [kat] » Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:07 pm

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Thank you to everyone who entered the writing competition! I had a lot of fun reading all the entries- everyone is so creative! I hope that everyone had a fantastic holiday season, and I wish nothing but the best for you all in 2022.

Side note: Please remember that these cats are all related, and therefore cannot breed with one another.

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Congratulations to the winner of the warrior, broken*! I hope Rosemary is able to successfully find the mysterious land of her dreams... Your cat is a mediumhaired oriental black silver charcoal bengal.
Congratulations to the winner of the apprentice, eagle,! Cypresspaw's sentiment of having each cat scratch the stone was really touching to me. Your cat is a mediumhaired oriental black charcoal bengal.
Congratulations to the winner of the elder, NightWolf950! I'm glad that Ursa's family will travel peacefully knowing she is safe in HazeClan. Your cat is a mediumhaired oriental blue charcoal bengal.
Congratulations to the winner of the queen and kits, Red weasel! Shadowsight's need for revenge but determination to protect her family at the same time was really intriguing to me. The queen is a mediumhaired oriental snow mink charcoal bengal.
The first kit is a mediumhaired oriental snow lynx charcoal bengal.
The second kit is a mediumhaired oriental snow mink charcoal bengal.
The third kit is a mediumhaired oriental snow sepia charcoal bengal.

Congratulations to the winner of the medicine cat, sharpiesandhamilton! I hope that Briar is able to be reunited with Basil someday. Your cat is a mediumhaired oriental snow lynx charcoal bengal.
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

Until 2022!

[kat]

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me