Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby Mythz » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:55 pm

Day 4
      Username: Mythz
      Clan link: xx
      Prompt:

“It’s always me.” Atticus grumbled, stomping along the frozen ground towards Sanddollar Shore. At this time of year, the Twisted Streams were well frozen over with thick ice that was practically unbreakable. His fur may have been short, but it was nice and thick. Although, it still did little to stop the cold from penetrating deep into his scruff.

The Tribe didn’t see snow often, although it did get very cold and the water would freeze over most years, snow barely came. This year however, proved to be different.
      “Not even Finch came with me.” Tick huffed as he dragged the paperbark baskets behind him. No one wanted the task of collecting the freezing cold water, but Tick seemed to always get the dirty tasks.
      Luckily for the Tribe, collecting unfrozen fresh water was not too troublesome, the ocean that surrounded their home was unlike most oceans, it was fresh water. The waves kept the ocean flowing and moving, leaving freezing cold but drinkable and accessible water. The hardest part was keeping the sand out of the baskets and making sure one didn’t freeze to death.
      Tick reached the opening that lead down to the shore and he paused, stamping his feet to try and get his blood flowing. He glared at the ocean, knowing it’s icy talons were waiting for a chance to dig deep into him.
      Unluckily for him, Tick’s fur proved to be waterproof and so he was often sent on the water tasks, whether fishing or rescuing some cat out in the ocean, or even gathering supplies from the old shipwreck. He was a strong swimmer, but that didn’t mean he liked getting drenched.

The tomcat sighed before dragging the baskets the rest of the way. He stood just out of the tide’s reach and stared at the flowing water. The waves crashed against each other loudly and Tick watched disdainfully, unhappy that he was tasked with collecting the water.

[324 words]
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:58 pm

Day 4
Username: nio
Clan link: bayguild
Prompt: [96 words]
the bayguild is used to searching far and wide for freshwater, due to living near the ocean. the streams and rivers in their territory are the go-to, but when they are frozen over, the cats must search harder. there are some caves with fresh-water pools, that mysteriously trickle out of the rocky, mossy walls. cats have dug tunnels from their camp, directly into these caves, for quick and easy water collection. craftsmen make make-shift buckets from carved wood, and they collect the dripping water and bring it back to the camp for other cats to drink.
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Sat Dec 04, 2021 8:30 pm

Day 4
Username: coffee.berry
Clan link: PeaceClan
Prompt:

"Oh, come on, Silverstar, this is unfair!" Mosslilly meowed. She had to check if there was water flowing on the Mountain, and in the fish hole. "You're my mother, and Oakspeck nearly got eaten by a snake at the Fish Hole!!"

"I'm sorry, Mosslilly, but you have to understand your duties as a fighter now! I wish you were more like your father," Silverstar sighed, as she had also been like poor Mosslilly once. "Okay, okay, I'll do it, I'll do it." Mosslilly rolled her eyes.

Mosslilly stomped away, onto the nearby mountain. "The sooner I get to this river, the sooner I can go to the Fish Hole and return home!" she told herself. When she found the frozen river, she decided to take a branch from a tree to crack the river open.

"I'm a genius!" Mosslilly laughed. She travelled home to Silverstar, who, with the whole clan, got some ice out of the water, and scooped the water up with it, to take it home to their clan.

hii! i'm aya/vai <3 feel free to shoot me a pm, i don't bite!!
    status: really busy in real life so if i respond late, sorry <3
    © ~ she/her ~ pms
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:39 pm

Day 4
Username: fruitbat
Clan link: Effale
Prompt: The Effale clan live close to the sea, which fortunately never freezes completely. However, salt water is unpleasant to drink, and the Effale cats are much more poised than that. Castle Falgar is surrounded by lush fields that boast beautiful streams and many water-loving prey, but becomes totally void when the cold sweeps through. It is too dangerous to crack the ice blankets over the streams, so the Effale cats have had to come up with other methods of retrieving safe drinking water. Although it is tempting to travel to the northern Nelend territory and take advantage of the many hidden caves full of clean, sparkling water, they do not believe in infiltrating neighbouring clans. They do not want to have another enemy up their sleeve- the Rigi are hard enough to deal with. So, how do the Effale cats deal with this situation? By using their magic. With the strongest affinity towards magic, whether that be elemental or divine magic from Starclan, they have found a way to turn salt water from the sea into drinkable water. However, it is a lengthy process that requires certain skill. It is overlooked by the Royal Advisor and Oracle, yet performed by the Alchemist. Thankfully the Alchemist has always executed the spell smoothly, but who's to say that it can't go wrong in the future?

fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sun Dec 05, 2021 1:49 am

Day 4
The cold sure can be unforgiving, freezing nearly any body of water. How do your cats get safe drinking water in an environment that literally snatches that very necessity away?
Username: ToraOkami303
Clan link: Eagle Camp
Prompt:
On the rare occasion the weather gets cold enough to freeze all the standing water, but not cold enough there's snow to eat in place of water the clan will take advantage of the twolegs leaving weird heated water bowls out for their pets. They have not had to do this very often since their main source of water is a large deep river that takes a lot to freeze solid, especially up near the water fall or down near the dam where the water is crashing over the edge constantly stirring itself up. Before the twolegs started leaving out weird bowls they would just find a place they could chip the ice and eat the ice chips. Or use a cliff to drop something heavy down on the ice to break it open, though that took the cooperation of every able bodied cat in the Camp.
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Sun Dec 05, 2021 2:28 am

Day 4
Username: Griff
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/griffhighwind/charact ... er:2507939
Prompt: As Clan Ember revels in the snow, the problem of frozen water quickly becomes clear. Emberstar knows that he warned his clan against going too close to the Two Legs land... but now he has no choice. He shows them what he knows about outside running faucets... and maybe cups that are left behind should they be so lucky. When questioned how he knows all of this, he tries hard to change topics. But the truth is close to coming out... and he knows he cannot keep it forever.

Suddenly? He hates the snow.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:11 am

Day 4
Username: SushiFoxx
Clan link: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2183891
Prompt: MistClan, with the Water kingdom living under their body of water, have them break the ice when they knew they were there. When MistClan had no clue the Water kingdom lived under this water they would crunch on the snow or melt snow/catch rain in small buckets for them to drink from.
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jay. » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:47 am

Day 4
Username: jay.
Clan link: the aurora borealis
Prompt:
the aurora borealis are used to cold and extreme weather, and typically have their away around these issues. one of the main ways they tackle frozen water is by sending out scouts each day to monitor the water, taking note on if it appears to be thawing or not. if there is no sign of the water thawing, the clan will use the snow as a source of water - it may be freezing cold and unpleasant at times, but it's better than the entire clan going thirsty. besides, who doesn't like a treat of snow now and again?

[98 words]
jay.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deercan » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:05 am

Day 4
Username: Deercan
Clan link: The Roundtails
Prompt: Thankfully, the river next to the Cats of The Round Table's castle camp has rarely ever froze over. There have been times in which ice forms at the moreso shallow sides of it, but nothing too severe that would stop them from being able to get safe drinking water. The real challenge is actually getting to the river in winter- it certainly isn't far, but trudging through cold snow just to get a drink isn't fun for anyone.
[78 words]
Deercan

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:23 am

BunnoBlizzard wrote:
Day 4
Username: bunnoblizzard
Clan link: ≋O≋c≋e≋a≋n≋ ≋C≋l≋a≋n
Prompt: Goldenleaf slowly made her way to the frozen pool of water, winter had hit much harder than usual. Everything was colder, making everyone meaner than usual. The day before, Thrushslip had snapped at a moth simply fluttering by, he usually wouldn't ever hurt a fly. The hunger was driving everyone to exhaustion and there would only be one hunting patrol every day, bringing back whatever they could. Now, Goldenleaf lay resting with her paws tucked under her chest to preserve the warmth of her belly. The pond's frightful glow and the shine of an unforgiving season echoed along the surface of the glassy ice. This was where it had happened to her. Riverstride's last step.

"Let's go, Mother! Don't be afraid!" The teasing voice of her late-daughter broke through her thoughts, her last words, and her last step all in one cruel, twisted memory. It was awful, truly, what had happened next. Riverstride's Irish accent warmed her heart as it had always done... she had gotten that trait from her father. But that day, there was only freezing shattered ice laying across the pond and the sound of a helpless mother and daughter pair who would find themselves separated until the end of time. The water, it called to our medicine cat. Sounds of her daughter when she had been ever so tiny and delicate ages ago, her small kit-like laughter bursting the bubble of silence along the pond's edges.

Quickly those echos of laughter turned to be something much more fierce, something much more intimidating. Those touches of laughter rose into cries of gurgled drowning terror. Whenever one must battle the memories or fears, they only have to choices. To win the mental battle that wages within... or to lose it. It isn't just black and white, though. Tis a fearful fight meant to be fought alone by those who must suffer. So she lay, silently crying away her tears along the bay that left her without family, along the bay that ended her bloodline forever.

Stars Bagel TH hi
they/them CDT
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me