Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby néktar » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:02 am

Day 4

username: nektar
    clan link: the groves
    prompt:
    ─ luckily for the tribe finding fresh water is not as hard as it seems during winter, with heavy snowfall due to the elevation of the territory the tribe has adapted to collecting and finding fresh snowfall. mother tree provides a few tree knots in her trunk where snow will collect and melt by morning allowing the tribe to have fresh water.

─ other sources of fresh water lay underground, there are a few cave systems where running water flows under the tribe territory. there is one found in the training hollow as well as on the way to the abandoned cabin. it's a bit of a walk though cats find the mineral rich and icy cold water to be refreshing especially during leaf-bare. though for those that are weak, small, or inexperienced traversing the slippery stone cavern can be a death sentence, thus only the fittest tribe members tend to go for fresh water in these spots.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:32 am

Day 4
Username: StormSerpent
Clan link: Universes Eclipse
Prompt:
Well the outside temperature doesn’t much affect them, I mean, it’s outer space, it’s always going to be cold outside. That’s why there’s life support, a heating system. Now if that were to fail then yes the water would freeze, but if the water was frozen it is highly likely that other major life support systems would go down too, and everyone would die long before they died of dehydration.

But say only the water supply got frozen, water expands when it freezes it would likely destroy everything and kill everyone, but if that didn’t happen, or if they caught it before it was completely frozen, the first step would be to try to… you know… unfreeze it. Call the mechanic, get the systems back up and running. If there was no mechanic or if that failed then it would be best to head towards the nearest station or spacecraft for help. Until then, well ice is just frozen water and can be melted with heaters and if necessary with their own body heat. Cutting into the main water supply would cause a whole mess for the future though so that’d be a last resort- scrounging up water from various places until they arrived at help- such as juice, ice from the freezer, soda cans and other such things would be preferred.
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:04 am

Day 4
Username: Shuurock
Clan link:The Pride
Prompt:

“The water in the pond is going to freeze soon… the winter stars are getting closer every night…” Pearl reported to Lion, “We need to do something about our drinking water.”

Lion nodded in agreement. “Do you know what they used to do where you grew up? I mean, do you remember anything?” Pearl shook her head, there was a running stream that never froze up, but the pond near The Pride’s camp would only run under heavy rains. “I see. Sticky!” The leader called for the tortie who quickly slid into the den, listening in no doubt.

“Yes Lion?”

“While you’re out today look for something we can store water in. We’ll gather some of the water before it gets cold and keep it inside the dens where hopefully the cat's body heat will keep it from freezing.”

“Oh, that’s a great idea, Lion. We can also replenish them with ice as the months persist and it’ll melt overtime”

Sticky nodded, “I’ve seen a few bowls and containers. I'll bring those back with me and put them in every den.”

(181 words)

Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:18 am

Day 4
Username: Chanceuxcat
Clan link: Scorchclan
Prompt:
Walnutkit is the first to notice. Ze had woken up in the middle of the night incredibly thirsty, and quietly crept down to the nearby stream to get a drink. But when zir tongue had brushed against cold, hard ice instead of lapping up water, ze realized this would be an issue. The kit, not wanting to wake anyone up though, tried to figure out how to get some fresh water zirself. Luckily, the solution was a few paces away in the middle of the camp, where a few ember of the night's flame were still burning. Carefully, ze uses a thick fern leaf to carry an ember down to the stream and place it onto the ice. And in a few moments, fresh water satisfied zir thirst. In the morning, the adults were incredibly surprised to discover the solution the kit had come up with so quickly, and Walnutkit was thrilled to learn zir apprentice ceremony would take place that night in recognition of this proof of zir abilities.
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:35 am

Day 4

Username: vivika
    Clan link: eden
    Prompt: (203 words!)

“Dad… I’m thirsty.”

Russetblaze blinked, glancing down at his little daughter, head pressed against his flank. He withheld a soft sigh, shaking his head. Kits. He’d never have thought they could be so, well… so bothersome. “Honey, why don’t you go take a drink by the lake?”

Lyra sniffed, plopping down next to him. “It’s frozen.”

He sighed. “How about the waterfall? That doesn’t really freez━”

“That’s frozen, too.” Her nose wrinkled. “See?”

And by the Stars, she was right. The waterfall had stopped ━ the thundering, crashing currents of the falls ceased, trapped in a frozen pillar of ice. Cool mist emanated from it, drifting in the gales. Odd. Very odd.

“Well, uh… can you not be thirsty?” He winced. “Just for a little bit? Dad’s kind of busy at the moment…?”

“Can’t you make water?”

“Uh, no. I don’t… it doesn’t work that way.”

Her shoulders drooped. “Oh.”

“I’m sorry. I think it should clear up by midday━”

“Wait! How did Eaglepaw get water?” Her nose pointed ahead. “Oh, oh. He brought the ice inside the caverns… and it melts… ish. I think I’ll try that.” She scrambled to her paws. “See ya, Dad!”

Now, what hadn’t he thought of that?
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:36 am

Day 4
Username: wildsight
Clan link: kingdom of khafra
Prompt:

With everything seeming to become darker and darker with each passing day, perhaps the scene of a frozen pond shouldn't be surprising in the slightest. But it was nonetheless. The very place, the watering hole in which they received their water from, had managed to freeze over. Ice glinted up at the cats surrounding it with expressions of dread upon their faces, glimmering mockingly as the sun's rays helplessly bounced off of it. A heavy silence rested over the group, their eyes tired and frame much too thin. They had been suffering so much during this dreaded season and yet, the ancestors had done absolutely nothing to aid them in it. Instead, things like this continued to befall them.
"We cannot allow this to be our downfall. However much it pains us, this cannot be our last stance." came the exhausted yet ever determined voice of Applesnap. Pale amber eyes flickered over those around her, who said nothing. A few attempted to nod in agreement, while others merely stared at the frozen watering hole doubtfully. A sigh escaped the rosetted feline, slowly approaching the cold surface. Using all the strength she could muster, she slammed a paw on the ice - it did nothing. She tried a second time, a third. She even managed to get a few others to join her, but the ice never gave way despite their best attempts. "This'll never work! We're going to die!" came a cry from Maplewish, Weaselskip chiming in with a cry of his own.
"We are not going to die. We merely need some tools...we need some weapons."

And so, the cats of Khafra gathered together in search of anything sharp they could find. Whether it be stones, metal or items from long ago found among the ruins, if it was sharp they collected it. They soon transported the goods to the blacksmiths, who forged them into various tools that could be hammered against the ice. So with their new equipment, the felines set forth to the pond once more, setting to work with bashing their newfound weapons against the ice. Eventually, they managed to break through a small portion of it. Lowering a small pot into the water, they returned it back to camp in order for it to warm up. Problem solved - for that night anyway. There was no telling when it'd freeze over again and then, they'd have to do it all over again...
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

day three

Postby faelyn » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:48 am

day three
username: faelyn
clan link: faerie!!
prompt:

when the ivories of winter had fallen over reality, and the breath of the angels had frozen the rippling waters of the gently falling cascades, the dwarves of faerie have a special way of finding water! because beneath the silvers of an unforgiving season and into the underground caverns adorned with crystals and gemstones alike, water trickles down from the shadowy cracks tracing the walls of the dark palace and pools at the bottom of the cave, allowing the dwarves to have a drink! <3
faelyn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:56 am

Day 4
    Username: lovage
    Clan link: fogclan
    Prompt:
    fogclan has a very certain strategy for this situation due to their territory. it has always been taught to the clan, especially the scouts due to their missions. it takes two or more cats to pull it off but the basics of it are the following.

now, it isn’t advisable to only have one cat doing this due to the risky nature of it like the ice cracking beneath them and being swept away. so, two or more cats always do this together. one cat would gather heavy stones or other heavy objects and bring them to the river bed. during that time, the second cat will find a weaker part of the ice and mark it. from there, the two take turns dropping the objects onto the weak ice until it breaks. this next step depends on the cats, but they will either get water directly from the cracked bit, break the ice more til a strong part or river bed, or gather moss and take trips between the places after soaking the water into the moss.

[178 words]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plushbunny » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:58 am

Day 4
Username: Plushbunny
Clan link: BlizzardClan
Prompt: BlizzardClan is used to everything being entirely frozen, including the river that splits through their territory in half, and the few shallow ponds. Sometimes they can break through the river ice, but not always. When this is not an option, they can resort to piling up snow and ice to melt deep in the back of their dens away from the frigid outside.
Plushbunny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Stars V.2 • Active Prompt

Postby Swishy & Broken » Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:01 pm

Pick a cat in your clan- They’re suddenly able to bend Snow to their will, just like Elsa. What do they do with this power? How does everyone else react?

Code: Select all
[center][size=115][u][b]Day 5[/b][/u][/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Clan link:[/b]
[b]Prompt:[/b][/center]

──────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

It is now officially day 5 !

The following players have earned +10 EXP for participating in day 4 of Catvent:
    ford
    Kris Dreemurr
    All Along Watchtower
    0Zero0
    Hush
    /nyx.
    mirapheonix
    MutatedCry
    NaCl
    I Like Bees
    nindroidzane
    Mythz
    nio
    coffee.berry
    fruitbat
    ToraOkami303
    Griff
    SushiFoxx
    jay.
    Deercan
    bunnoblizzard
    nektar
    StormSerpent
    Shuurock
    Chanceuxcat
    vivika
    wildsight
    faelyn
    lovage
    Plushbunny

The following player has won a Starburst (fur length edit) item:
    Shuurock
Last edited by Swishy & Broken on Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy