Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Catvent 2021

Postby canadianhowl » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:10 pm

Day 1
Username: dascanadiansparkle
Clan link: Galactic Skies
Prompt: For a clan based around the stars, this truely is something that is important

Cats have said that this is a time of good as the stars are brighter and shine more for the clan. The constellations are happy and are in good spirits. If the stars seem unusually bright the clan takes it as a sign for a good winter. This is also often when cats connections to their guiding constellation are the strongest. The constellations are more active and will visit the cats more frequently.

Kittens born during these months will have a stronger bond to their guiding constellation then others. Sometimes only in this month might a constellation come down itself and present itself as the guide to the kitten rather then the parents deciding.
              ╔═══════════════╗

{ he/they - adult }
              Hi! My name is Zander!
              I've been drawing for years
              I mostly draw cats!
              Be nice to crabs!
              { stars - TH }

╚═══════════════╝
canadianhowl

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby miraphoenix » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:17 pm

Day 1
Username: miraphoenix
Clan link: The Timelost
Prompt:
The night rolled in as the sunset’s clouds fled the sky, carrying with them the brilliant reds and pinks and the warmth of the day. High above the looming mountain peaks, the stars glittered cold and distant in the indigo sky, staring down impassively on the cats below.

At his parent’s sides, Ochrekit shivered and tucked himself closer to his sibling. The stars seemed larger somehow, in the frigid night air and the absence of the moon. Every shadow seemed deeper, and the wind that hissed off the glacier was as if it was flecked with ice.

“Cold, kits?”

Ochrekit jumped a little, and looked over his shoulder to see Sunshore padding towards them, the looming form of Zahrek casting a deeper shadow in the night.

“A l-little,” Fossilkit chimed in, as the siblings stumbled towards the scout and their enormous companion. “The stars seem brighter tonight…?”

Sunshore smiled gentle in the dark, as they shepherded both young kits back towards the warmth of the camp. The Timelost had nested together in a shallow cave, and the warmth of the cats pressed together kept the frost free from everyone’s fur. Zahrak had to stoop as they entered, and shook their neckfeathers to get the snow off, before lying down in the warm back of the cave.

“Yes, Fossilkit, the stars are brighter tonight. Every winter, the stars shine a little brighter, a reminder for us all to keep our hope alive,” Sunshore answered, once they and the pterosaur and the kits had settled into the warmth.
“When you see the stars, remember that the light will always return, no matter how dark the night!”

Comforted, Ochrekit and Fossilkit nestled together and looked out the entrance to the cave. As the pair gently slipped off to sleep, they were sure that the stars were winking at them...!

[306 words]
miraphoenix

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:28 pm

Day 1

Username: vivika
    Clan link: eden
    Prompt: (251 words!)

“You’re leaving already?”

Her eyes rested on the small of his back as he turned, slowly pivoting to face her. “You just came.” She cleared her throat, taking a small step closer. “Surely, you can stay for the solstice?”

But, of course, he couldn’t.

She could see it written so clearly on his features, the answer flickering in those amber eyes, even before he spoke. To know someone so well, yet to lose them sliver by sliver and piece by piece was… heartbreaking. This had changed him. The war had changed him. It’d changed all of them.

“Lené.” His gaze settled. “You know I’d stay if I could. But it’s just…”

“Work. I understand.” She nudged his shoulder. “I just don’t see you much anymore. This summer, this fall and now… this winter. And with everything going on, you’ll be away longer.” A light chuckle slipped past her jaws. “I think I see the stars more often than you, Arezo.”

His breath warmed the nape of her neck. “Then, remember me by the stars.”

“You realize how awful that sounds? Like you’re…”

“Did you know the stars shine brighter in the winter?” His head tilted. “Since you mentioned I’ll be gone longer for the winter…”

“Remember that the stars shine brightest, then.”

A small smile quirked on her muzzle. “Always with the metaphors.” She shook her head, pulling him into a quick embrace. “Be careful, you hear? I’d like to see you again.”

And not when the stars welcomed her home.

results !! (+10XP for each day <3)
    > [day one] • [day two] • [day three] • [day four] • [day five]

> [day six] • [day seven] • [day eight] • [day nine] • [day ten]

> [day eleven] • [day twelve] • [day thirteen] • [day fourteen] • [day fifteen]

> [day sixteen] • [day seventeen] • [day eighteen] • [day nineteen] • [day twenty]

> [day twenty-one]** • [day twenty-two] • [day twenty-three] • [day twenty-four]

** i'm not on the list (it may just have been missed/something went weird, since the list order is a little off as well ━ @/swishy if you see this, don't stress, ily <3), but my day twenty-one post does meet the requirements and is within the deadline if you'd like to double check! <33
Last edited by Vivika on Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I Like Bees » Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:42 pm

Day 1
Username: I Like Bees
Clan link: The Travelers
Prompt:

Did you know that stars seem to shine brighter during the winter months?
    Does this effect have any sort of significance in your lore, knowing that now?

"The stars are brighter today," Frog observed, chocolate tabbied tail swishing in the snow. Notably, he didn't mention the fact that it was supposed to be midday, but for some reason the sky had decided to pretend it was the middle of the night.

Dragonfly narrowed her eyes and stared up at the sky. "I guess," she said, shrugging as she fluffed up her cream tabbied fur against the cold. "Looks about the same to me. I hope it's summer tomorrow; this is the third day in a row of snow."

Frog twitched an ear in acknowledgement, though his gaze remained focused on the stars above them.

"I mean, honestly, it's like we're being punished or something. The weather's never this consistent!" Dragonfly continued.

Frog nodded, squinting at something in the sky.

The cream she-cat laughed. "Or rewarded, but whatever chaotic being runs this mess of a place decided that snow and cold and wet paws were a reward." A stray snowflake landed on Dragonfly's nose, and the she-cat sneezed, shaking her head and fluffing her fur more. Her paws shuffled as she tucked her tail over them.

"Uh huh," Frog replied, standing up, as if to get a better look at the sky.

"What are you looking at?" Dragonfly asked, raising an eyebrow before following Frog's gaze. She gasped.

"They're glowing," Frog stated, though both of them could very clearly see that. Several of the stars in the darkened midday sky were glowing far more brightly than the others. As Dragonfly watched, the stars continued to grow brighter, as if..

Dragonfly scrambled to her paws, swatting at Frog's ears to snap him out of his trace. "We need to go!" she said, desperate, as Frog finally looked down from the sky again.

The chocolate tabby blinked a few times, then his eyes widened as realization set in. "Do you think-"

"Yes, I think the stars are about to fall on our heads!" Dragonfly snapped. "Wouldn't be the first time something that ridiculous has happened. Come on! We need to get back to the others and get everyone to safety."

Frog nodded, determined, and the two dashed across the snowy field towards their camp.

---

The stars weren't falling, though none of the Travelers ever found that out. They spent the rest of the day deep in a tunnel system they had located near their camp, shivering in the chill of the cave and racing after the occasional skinny rabbit.

If any of them had stayed outside and watched the sky, they would have seen several glowing figures slowly drift to the ground, their paws leaving no marks in the snow. They would have watched as these figures of light gathered by a massive tree, and wondered what they were talking about.

They wouldn't have been able to find that out, though. The glowing cats would make sure of that.

[ 479 words]
I Like Bees

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:40 pm

Day 1
Username: nio
Clan link: bayguild
Prompt: The stars being brighter is a sign that the gods are watching closer. The cats of Bayguild believe that they are safer, with the gods looking out for them in the harsh weather. They also believe that any wrongdoings they do are easier seen by the gods, and there's a higher chance they'll be punished. [55 words]
sun !! he/she/they/any — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred
𓆟 𓆝 𓆟

nio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0Zero0 » Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:48 pm

[center]Day 1
Username: 0Zero0
Clan link: Tailless Comet
Prompt:

The nights chill was among the cats in quick breath. Ice bit many lips and shivvers followed many tails. Most huddled close, in large groups under the tunnels safety. The mountains voice spoke clearly, for if you were to walk even near it's summit you would hear its request to not come near. The air is thin, the sky is dark, the ground is covered in deep heavy snow.

Most of the year is spent with minimal movement, work, and even celebration. Kits are held close to the nest even if they are almost old enough to traverse the camp, and most importantly, no one dares eat more food then given to them. SnowWrath, or the season of winter, was never kind to the pride of Tailless Comet. None the less, on the final moon of this white coated season it is tradition for loved ones to sit underneath the stars, if it is clear enough, to gaze at the constilation of Wrath themself. The warmth of the dieties long tail shines so bright it is said to warm the hearts of those who brave the cold, and on top of that the warmth the couples hearts melts the icy core of SnowWrath, and allows for BloomingPuddle, the season of spring, to come early.

Last edited by 0Zero0 on Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

panda by phtorxp ∘ fox by fluffy_marry ∘ cat/coding by me
Image Image Image Image

X
〘 Shoto ✜ ♀ ✜ Scorpio ✜ Adult 〙
ImageImage Pokemon PMD RP
0Zero0

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:04 pm

Day 1
Username: All Along Watchtower
Clan link: Clan of the Sea Breeze
Prompt:

High upon the volcano, at the entrance of one of many tunnels leading into its depths, sits Heatherstar, fur puffed out against the cold as he gazes skyward. "Is it just me, or do the stars look brighter this time of year?" he breathes, to no one at all.

"Do they really?" asks a voice behind him, and Heatherstar near jumps out of his pelt at this soundless, scentless intruder - only to realize it's merely Sage Brush. His pelt smoothes slightly as Sage Brush winds his way around to sit next to him in the snow. Heatherstar has never seen him far outside the volcano. He isn't sure how far Sage Brush can travel away from it. But he seems quite capable of making it this far, sitting on the snow outside without even disturbing it, even though his paws sink in like any other cat's.

Heatherstar is just about to mew something sarcastic about how Sage Brush probably couldn't tell anyways, with his eyes always closed, when Sage Brush turns to him - eyes still closed, but fixed exactly on his face. Heatherstar feels pinned by this not-gaze. "Or is it the chill in the air, the snow on the ground, that makes them seem so?"

Heatherstar pauses, grumbles. "I don't know. You're the sage. You'd know if it means anything," he mutters. Sage Brush smiles. It's one of those smiles Heatherstar can't read anything from, can't tell what emotion Sage Brush is feeling.

"Well, some say the stars shine brighter this time of year because it's the ancestor's way of trying to lead the lost home."

Heatherstar sucks in a breath, wide eyed and amazed. "Is it really?" he asks, almost too quickly, wonder and hope in his voice-

Sage Brush looks him dead in the eye, eyes blue and purple and bright as the stars. "I'm still here, aren't I?" he mews, and then he's gone again like the wind.
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shuurock » Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:47 am

Day 1
Username: Shuurock
Clan link: The Pride
Prompt:

“Did you know the stars are brighter in the winter?” Pearl mewed as she shared a squirrel with Lion.

Lion looked up, squinting her eyes slightly as if she didn’t believe it, “I guess they’re a bit brighter.”

“Where I grew up- I mean I think I can’t quite remember,” she remembered where she grew up but she had to keep up the amnesia act to stay safe, “I think we used to celebrate when the stars got brighter. Everyone would hunt until their paws and limbs were sore, fasting in the process. Then under the first full moon of winter we would eat. Eat until we can't eat anymore.” She let out a soft laugh, she missed that, “I think we did it to rejuvenate our strength for the coming winter, make sure everyone going in was nice and healthy.”

Looking back at Lion she was met by the brown tabby’s eyes, a sense of knowing inside them, however if she did know something she didn’t acknowledge it. “That sounds beautiful. Sharing thounges with everyone and getting our strength back, it’s wonderful.” Lion took a bite of the squirrel and looked lost in thought as she chewed, “I fink-“ she swallowed, “I think it’s time this pride had something to celebrate. I’ll go talk to Pine and Sticky, see if they think it’s a good idea. Hopefully… hopefully we can make this place a home for you Pearl.”

Pearl blinked in surprise as her leader pushed the squirrel to her and pranced off.

(256 words)
Shuurock

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:53 am

Day 1
Username: kennymcnenny
Clan link: Glacialclan
Prompt:
"Mouse-ear! Get out here, you need to see this! Bring Scorchnose too!" A yowl sounded from outside the medicine cat den, and Mouse-ear immediately snapped her head up and out of the little crack in the rock that they kept their more fragile herbs in. Scorchnose met her gaze, multiple emotions flickering across his face- confusion, annoyance, and it finally settled on concern. And Mouse-ear knew her gaze was the same.

The two days rushed out of their den, skidding to a halt in the middle of the clearing that their clan lived in, kicking up a bit of dust, to which a few annoyed meows sounded Mouse-ear hurried over to her sister, looking at Sunflare with confusion. "What's going on? Is somebody hurt?!"

Sunflare rolled her eyes, gesturing towards the sky with her tail. "Notice anything?"

Mouse-ear stared at the night sky, the stars we're just starting to come out as the sun set beyond the mountains around them. Mouse-ear immediately realized why Sunflare had yelled for the two medicine cats, the sky didn't look like it usually did.

"They're brighter." Mouse-ear meowed, awe filling her voice.

"What? Mouse-ear, what are you talking about?" Scorchnose meowed, before the small she-cat pushed the tom's muzzle so he was looking up at the stars as well.

"They're brighter then they normally are. Look, Scorchnose, look at that one. We see that one every night. But it's shining brighter." Mouse-ear pointed out, watching the realization pass over the older tom's face.
"Great Starclan, you're right. Has this happened before for your group?" Scorchnose asked, looking at Mouse-ear before looking over to Moosestar, who had padded out of his den with Kestrelcall in tow.

"Never, we've never seen this before. Do you have any idea what it could mean for us?" Moosestar asked, looking between his two medicine cats.

"Not at the moment. Let us talk for a moment and decide on what to do, yes?" Scorchnose asked, motioning for Mouse-ear to head back to the medicine cat den. Moosestar nodded his ascent and moved to sit in front his den, leaning into their mate as Kestrelcall sat next to him.

Mouse-ear hurried into her den, listening as Scorchnose followed behind her into the little cave.

"So what are we thinking? Is it a sign from Starclan?" Mouse-ear meowed, looking at her former mentor.

"Of course it's a sign from Starclan! We just need to figure out what it means." Scorchnose hissed, pacing back and forth across the den. Mouse-ear sat and watched the tom, tail flicking with slight annoyance, she knew her fellow medicine cat didn't meant to snap at her and he was just worried, but it still sucked.

"It doesn't seem to be bad or harmful at the moment. I don't know if there's a lot to assume at the moment. Maybe we should just keep an eye out at night? See if anything changes?" Mouse-ear offered after a moment of thought.

"I was thinking along the same lines. We don't have enough information yet. I might travel to the Stone tomorrow night to see if they have anything to say to me." Scorchnose meowed, shaking his head before looking at Mouse-ear.

"I'll go with you. Riverdapple might want to come as well. But for now, we should report back to Moosestar." Mouse-ear got to get paws, waiting for Scorchnose to exit the den first before following into the clearing, already walking towards her fathers to tell them she and Scorchnose had made their decision.

This was a new phenomenon within Glacialclan, but Mouse-ear had a feeling that it was going to become something much bigger, far sooner than any cat was prepared for.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby néktar » Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:41 am

Day 1

username: nektar
    clan link: the groves
    prompt:
    ─ often in winter due to the pure light of the stars and the mainly clear nights in the groves, cats take to mother tree. the clearest night of winter, when the stars are brightest and seemingly the closest to their ancestors, the shaman leads the tribe to the top of mother tree the tallest and oldest in the groves. centuries of cat claws engrained into the old wood lend a helping paw to those oldest and youngest in the tribe. they all sit on branches huddled together against the icy air as they look up past the shaman into the stars becoming relaxed as they gaze. some close their eyes as the shaman puts on the ceremonial skull and begins a soft prayer in order to pull those dearest to the clan down to commune with their living brethren once more.

─ until dawn cats groom, share stories and news of the year with their ancestors. or use to the time to check on those newly passed in order to make sure they crossed over peacefully and safely. that is if those passed choose to come down and speak to them. with the shaman and the other medicine cats helping to hold the connection to the stars throughout the night. some ancestors do not come to visit due to either fading into the beyond or not feeling the need to visit their kin. as the night drags on and words are spent, cats return to their nests for sleep. the shaman being severely spent by the next morning takes a few days to rest; most cats pay respects to the shaman throughout their recovery. they bring flowers, herbs, or food to them at their den and speak softly with them for a few moments in order to thank them.

─ this only occurs once a year at the break of winter, due to the fine alignment of the weather, stars, and extreme spiritual strength from the shaman. though throughout winter cats can climb to the top of mother tree in order to try and connect with their ancestors for comfort or advice, though they must be accompanied by at least one medicine cat in order to connect.
néktar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me