BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

Postby Venatici » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 pm

_______________________________________________________________________________________

event threaddiscord community

lighting the wayportrait paintingsled sprintingice fishingfoods boothstorytelling prompts

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Upon reaching the back of the area, you can spot a huge stage and cleared out area in front of it. It looks like this area is not complete at all, but upon further inspection, there is a bulletin board indicating a contest - "Lighting the Way". For those who are familiar with the Festival of Reunion, the last part of the celebration involves viewing everyone's homemade lantern. While many have already begin to show their lanterns off of their porch or through their windows, there is still enough time to enter! However, based off of the already made lanterns, it seems like you might have to dedicate some time daily in order to get it ready in time. At the end, they will be shown off at this stage and judged for all to see!
Last edited by Venatici on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lantern Designing

Postby Venatici » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:14 pm

Based off of all the manuals online that were created for this competition, it looks like you will need a couple days worth of work in order to get everything properly set up. It seems like the step you currently need to be on is:

Step wrote:Now that we have assembled our lanterns themselves, we want to assess its completion! For this prompt, please draw (minimum drawing includes color, may be in a ms - paint style similar to portrait painting) or write (150 words minimum) what your lantern looks like now that it is finished.

As a note, this step is judged purely on completion, and not on quality - I would not spend more than 20 minutes responding! There are more steps to complete, so as long as you meet the requirements you will be marked as accepted for this step.

Since this lantern competition seems to be the biggest focus of the event, it looks like it will require a lot of time. In order to be entered into the competition, you must:

- Submit every prompt (each prompt is given 2 days to complete)
      - Meet the requirements of the prompts you submit

If you miss a prompt, you are able to continue and will receive greater rewards than if you only submitted one. However, do note that in order to be considered for the grand prize (at minimum, a custom and bells) you must complete all of these prompts.

Code: Select all
    [b]Lighting the Way - Section [/b]

Username ;;
    Prompt Step ;;
    Prompt Response ;; colored drawing or minimum 150 words
Last edited by Venatici on Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Venatici

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

Postby Furrydogs12 » Sun Sep 26, 2021 9:38 am

Lighting the Way - Section 1

Username ;; Furrydogs12
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Theme
Prompt Response ;; I would make a paper lantern from scratch. I'd put the paper into water and let is set over night. I'd then ink and press flowers and other assortments of nature to decorate it. Sorta like This
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: BSA - Lighting the Way

Postby Zombiehund » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:02 am

Username ;; Zombiehund
Prompt Response ;; a paper lantern, since that allows for more freedom with colors and shapes thanmany other materials, mainly out of thin, colorful paper with corners of more stable paper or even cardboard for stability.
In terms of design probably something skooky, as i have a weakness for spooky things. Hey, it's almost October, ok?

╔═════ ═════╗

Hello ^^
Just your friendly
neighborhood un-
dead canine, may
be a little shy with
new people

╚═════ ═════╝

Artwork by HannahBug
Zombiehund

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:14 am

Username ;; BadgerBuddies
Prompt Response ;; This is 100% going to out me as the Disney nerd that I am, but I would whole-heartedly make a replica of the lanterns from the movie Tangled. So this would be a paper lantern with the sun logo of her kingdom on it. It's one of my favorite movies and the lantern scene when they're singing to each other just gets me every time! I'd also love to be able to experience a lantern festival like Rapunzel does, it looks so absolutely beautiful in the movie.
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:45 am

Username ;; DarkestWerewolf
Prompt Response ;;
I’m thinking of having my lantern inspired by the Xiao lantern from Genshin Impact but less complex.
A simple lantern with a round-ish shape in warm colours and maybe I’ll include a paper tassel at the bottom to write a wish.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Mon Sep 27, 2021 3:00 am

Username ;; kennymcnenny
Prompt Response ;; I would prefer to have a metal lantern, something sturdy but not too complex- built more for usefulness than to look pretty. You can never go wrong with more of a classic looking lantern!
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:26 am

Username ;; cujo.
    Prompt Response ;; i've always had a particular soft spot for very traditional looking lanterns! but a twist would be fun to work with, and after some thought and staring at many different lanterns and styles, i think my base would be a rather standard looking lantern with multiple sides (like these), either six or eight sides. however the glass would be very delicately engraved (like this, or more closely this images from etsy) to throw out shapes without obscuring any of the lights, in animal motifs!
Last edited by cujo. on Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:47 am

Username ;; Joke's On You
Prompt Response ;; As soon as the idea of creating a paper lantern came to mind, I immediately thought of the movie Tangled. With that being the first thing that I was reminded of, I knew that my best bet would be going with a paper lantern. However, I don't want to copy the movie. Instead, I'd like to use it as an inspiration of sorts. I liked the idea of the lantern in Tangled having a cute little sun design on it, and thought that I could make some sort of design for my paper lantern. As of right now, I'm still deciding on a theme for my lantern. But I'm leaning more toward a winter theme as of now.
Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ►Athena◄ » Mon Sep 27, 2021 5:01 am

Username ;; ►Athena◄
Prompt Response ;; I currently have two ideas
1. A metal lantern with four sides. I plan to have some sort of figure on each side - most likely nature themed with mountains and/or trees or different animals on each side. This is going to be made out of a dark, black metal.
2. Another metal lantern, but this one round with no corners. Going around the lantern would be trees with their branches all intermingling at the top of the lantern. This would be in a silver or copper colored metal.
►Athena◄

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me