BSA - Lighting the Way (Closed)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: BSA - Lighting the Way

Postby honeybunchesofoats » Tue Sep 28, 2021 3:25 pm

Lighting the Way - Section 2

Username ;; honeybunchesofoats
Prompt Step ;; Lantern Materials
Prompt Response ;; The lantern would be made out of copper metal to enhance the autumn colors for the theme. Engraved in the thickest sides would be thin and elegant leaves, that look like they are swirling in the breeze. The sides would be enclosed with yellow tinted glass, to look like the glow from a full moon. On the inside, thinner black tinted glass is cut into the shapes of a full moon, witches on broomsticks, bats, and ghosts trick or treating! I also think adding rocks and moss to the bottom would help with the ambiance! I'm also toying with changing the color of the candle! I'm thinking red!

╔══════════════════════════════╗
When you become untouchable,
you're unable to touch.

╚══════════════════════════════╝

╔═════════════════════════╗
Hello! Oats/Dante, He/They
Psych, Video games, Art, Anime
Links: Baltics, Toyhouse, DA
Sig insp: Midas

╚═════════════════════════╝

honeybunchesofoats

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kennymcnenny » Tue Sep 28, 2021 4:44 pm

Username ;; kennymcnenny
Prompt Response ;; it would mostly be made out of copper, it would need to be able to survive harsh seasons and lots of use. But it would also be personalized with stained black paper birch wood outfitting the handle instead of just bare wire, and around the bottom of the lantern as well. It would be carved with the outline of a mountain pass around the bottom, the carvings painted to match the copper. The glass would be only the slightest bit tinted, a very light cream color.
Kenny!! - He/him or It/its :9c

pfp art by Peachybats!!!
kennymcnenny

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:05 pm

Username ;; DarkestWerewolf
Prompt Response ;; The lantern is made of parchment paper that has been cut into beautiful and intricate shapes. The surrounding is made of paulownia wood (that has been made heat-proof), the lightest wood in the world to allow less weight for it to float. Inside the lantern is a round indent in the wood, just enough for a candle to go in. At the base of the lantern is a piece of drawing paper cut into a rectangular strip with a woollen tassel at the end.
When the lantern is lit up, the cut outs of the lantern will allow the light to pass through, creating a beautiful design.
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Birdy » Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:20 pm

Username ;; Cubeau
Prompt Response ;; The paper of the lantern would be composed of tissue paper, layered delicately on top of each other and folded/cut to add depth to the overall lantern. Within the lantern, copper wire would be worked through to function as a support system. The wire would also be shaped in the form of whiskers for each side of the lantern, adding extra depth to the cat designs.

🎀obsessed with dalmatians🎀
⋆ she/her ⋆ adult ⋆ works at animal shelter ⋆
Birdy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby discontinued. » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:50 pm

Username ;; discontinued.
    Prompt Response ;; I've decided on using cold-pressed paper for my lantern to add some easy texture. For paints, I think I'll be using acrylic paints so that the colours really pop and I don't have to use 10 coats for the black background. I could even add some texture to the moons or the antlers if I use acrylics. Maybe a wood-like texture for the antlers, and I could make it look like the moons have craters or a stippling effect.
discontinued.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby certified » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:24 am

Username ;; certified
Prompt Response ;; From my research, as I've never made a lantern before, I will need some wax or colored tissue paper for the lanterns appearance. The lantern needs to be light weight if I want it to float. I also need some wiring to hold up each section of paper to actually mold and shape. This will usually be first step. So essentially "creating a frame" for how I want to lay out the paper. I'll need a fuel source to fill the lantern with hot air to make it float so I've chosen a wick to dip in some candle wax that I'll wrap in the center of the lantern frame and light when ready.
certified

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Furrydogs12 » Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:28 am

Username ;; Furrydogs12
Prompt Response ;; I’d use birch wood and white or silver metal. I’d dry plants by sun
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
fαƖƖѕ ιη Ɩσνє

OηƖу α тяυє ωσƖf
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello! My name is Furrydogs12, nice to meet you!
I am a roleplayer, student, and artist.
@linklinklink

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ωιтн тнє мσση
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Furrydogs12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:17 am

Username ;; vanilla bean.
    Prompt Response ;; I'll be using a bamboo base for the lantern, as it's quite flammable and light. It also is said to be lucky, which is always a plus! The outside of the lantern will be made of tomoe river paper, a very smooth and thin paper perfect for both writing and floating away into the sky. It'll all be held together with wood glue.

hey there, i'm abi!
lesbian - she / they - adopt storage
pms are always open, feel free to drop in <3

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marz-With-A-Z » Wed Sep 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Username ;;
Prompt Response ;; First I'd have to decide what color I'd want the coated metal to be, and I think I'll choose a very dark, deep bronze color. Then I'd finalize the design choice for the cutout, and I'm going with the mountain aroura! I'd also collect a small but sturdy chain to hang it with, and then pick out a light too go inside. I think a color shifting blue tinted battery candle would work well with the aroura design!
ImageImageImage
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴏᴘᴇɴ ꜰᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴅᴇꜱ
ᴅᴍ ᴍᴇ ʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏʀ ᴏɴ ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪꜱꜱɪᴏɴꜱ
ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴏᴅ:
marz_with_a_z
ᴛᴏʏʜᴏᴜsᴇ
ꜰᴜʀʀʏ ᴘᴀᴡꜱ
ᴀʀᴛꜰɪɢʜᴛ

"ʙᴏʏ, ᴡᴇ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴏᴘᴘᴏʀᴛᴜɴɪᴛʏ
ʙᴏʏ, ɢᴀᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏᴜʀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏꜰꜰ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋɴᴇᴇꜱ
ʙᴏʏ ꜱᴀᴛ ᴀᴛ ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀᴛᴇ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴛʜɪɴɢ
ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀʏ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ꜱᴛɪʟʟ ʜᴜɴɢʀʏ
ᴛʜᴇɴ ʙɪᴛᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʟᴀᴛᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴇᴇᴛʜ"

"ʏᴏᴜ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴋɪɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ʙʀᴀɴᴅ ɴᴇᴡ ꜰᴀᴄᴇ ᴏɴ
ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴋɪɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴜʟʟᴇᴅ ᴛʜɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴜᴛ
ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇʀʏ ᴋɪᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇ ꜱᴛᴀʀᴛꜱ ᴄʀʏɪɴɢ
ꜱᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴛᴏᴘ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴏᴜᴛ ꜰᴏʀ ᴡᴀʟᴋꜱ
ᴡᴇʟʟ, ɪ ɢᴜᴇꜱꜱ ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴄᴀɴ ʙᴇ ᴘᴇʀꜰᴇᴄᴛ
ꜱᴏ ʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴀ ᴄᴏᴍꜰᴏʀᴛɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ
ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏᴄᴇᴀɴ
ꜰɪꜱʜ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ꜰᴀᴜʟᴛꜱ"

ᴍᴀʀᴢ - ʜᴇ/ᴛʜᴇʏ - ᴄᴏʏᴏᴛᴇ
Marz-With-A-Z

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Joke's On You » Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:04 am

Username ;; Joke's On You
Prompt Response ;; To start off, I need to figure out the color of my lantern. The theme I'm going for is winter, so I'd like to use white construction paper for my lantern. I need a piece on the bigger side of things because I'm using a different approach and trying to make the lantern into this shape. I will also be needing scissors for my lantern so I can cut a design into it. For my design, I would like to use the lanterns linked earlier as some inspiration. Into one side of the lantern, I will be cutting a pine tree shape and adding a singular deer standing next to the tree. On the other sides of the lantern, I will be cutting just plain pine trees into the other sides. After that I will be folding the lantern into its shape and using either glue or tape to keep it together, then lining the inside of the paper with something like parchment paper so the design can be seen clearly and so that one can see the glowing of the fake candle that I will be placing inside of the lantern (wouldn't want to catch the lantern on fire).

So in all, the materials I will be needing are:

- Construction paper
- Scissors
- Parchment paper
- Glue
- Tape
- Fake candle that lights up
-

Joke's On You

My pets
My items
My wishlist