2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Oracle's Hut

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Oracle's Hut

Postby Goddess Sword » Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:48 am

Username: Goddess Sword
Pride/Group Link: https://toyhou.se/MasterShortpants/characters/folder:2209111
Link(s) to Hero/Adopt(s): Tamaya, Nahia, Bora, Helmi, Mintovo
Do you believe in the oracle?:
///The group found themselves before the oracle once more, all together, now, alongside a crowd of other felines, foxes, and hyenas. She begged them to believe in her, insisted that, if mortals could simply believe in her again, she would be freed from her curse. Tamaya was the first of the bunch to approach, spreading her wings to leap over the gathered crowd to stand before the oracle.
///"I believe you," the hero said, softly. "If this mortal can believe in herself now, in spite of everything, she can certainly do the same for others."
///Mortal... Bora was quiet. He looked at Mintovo, who shrugged. That was something they had to address soon. But, for now, if it meant something to this oracle, they would hold off.
///Nahia pushed through the crowd next, to stand next to her friend. "Yeah!" she agreed, grinning. "I trust Tama. If she believes you're legit, so do I." She paused. "Plus, that cooking advice is actually pretty solid. Actually, maybe that'd get the god of the hunt on my side, now that I think about it. He seems to like cooking. I might try taking it up myself."
///Tamaya tilted her head. "Cooking advice...?"
///Nahia flipped her paw nonchalantly. "We'll get into it later."
///Helmi joined them, bowing her head before the oracle. "Miss Oracle has never led me wrong," she said, "in spite of her situation. I trust you, too."
///And Mintovo strode up next. "Well, with a display like this, even if we've met only briefly until now, I suppose I have to believe you, too!" He chuckled. "Besides, if you turn out to be wrong, it means I'm gonna be stuck with Bora having a stick up his-"
///"You came to her to ask me to relax?!" Bora shouted from the back.
///"No, no, I came to her to ask if you ever would relax! There's a difference!" His chuckles turned to laughter as Bora stepped through the crowd, giving him a harsh glare.
///"How you've been a god longer than me, I will never understand," Bora muttered under his breath. "Regardless... I choose to believe you, as well." He was quiet. "I... will not be the last. I refuse. Even if I have to travel all the realms in all the worlds, I will not be the last."
///Tamaya shuffled her wings and looked at the gathering before them. Four more lions, and one smilodon, had made their stance clear. It was progress. "Well," she said. "It seems like all of us are in agreement, at least."
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:33 am

Username:
Pride/Group Link:
Link(s) to Hero/Adopt(s): Agan, Pulin and Arilyn
Do you believe in the oracle?: Arilyn, Pulin and Agan looked at each other. They were some of the oldest of their pride, and had seen many things, oracles included. It was Arilyn who spoke up after a moment. "I beleive in you, as a very wise lioness. There is a certain future telling that can come from understanding the past, along with understanding how individuals are inclined to act."
"I beleive you think you are an oracle at the least."Pulin huffed. "But I do think discounting what you say would be rather foolish."
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:13 am

Username: Chanceuxcat
Pride/Group Link: Senova
Link(s) to Hero/Adopt(s): Rory

Rory closes their mouth, refraining from speaking a moment longer. Do they believe in this lion? That she is the oracle? Sure, some of her answers seem silly and scattered, as if they were invented on the spot. But they recall her expressions too. Yes, she could be faking it, but it's much more likely that she's not. Rory gently places their paw on the oracle's.

"I believe you," they say, in the face of the skeptical others.
"I believe in you," they tell the oracle.
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snapshot » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:24 am

Username: snapshot
Pride/group link: Ngozi
Hero link:hero
question: Hero had a feeling this would be the last time he would be able to talk to the oracle. He needed to think of a super important question to ask. He thought and thought, and finally asked, "what would you do, if you had to face the titan?"
snapshot

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Breado » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:39 am

Username: Breado
Pride/Group Link: โˆ†
Link to your Hero/Adopt: Raven
Do you believe in the oracle:
Raven hurried up to the oracle.
"Of course I believe in you," he says. "Even if you aren't telling the truth I believe in you. I heard one of my friends say that everyone can change, but some need some help to get started with it, so even if that's the case," Raven smiles, "I still believe in you."
Image ~ Image Image Image Image ~ Image
ImageImageImageImageImage

Breado

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby onion » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 am

Username: blek
Pride/Group Link: the lost auricle
Link(s) to Hero/Adopt(s): Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4621307
Do you believe in the oracle?: "STOP!" angelica yowled at the top of her lungs as the crowd sneered and hollered- but it all came to an end with her. she stomped through the crowd and pushed every lion and cat out of her way before taking a seat square in front of the oracle.
"now, listen dear oracle," angelica started, giving her paw a little lick. "you have helped me greatly. and i do believe in you. but for that, i have one last question... do you believe in me?"
    ๋ชจ๋“  data๋ฅผ ๋ชจ์•„ mix it around Image
    >my sunshine / free palestine
    >blake/onion, it/its, adult!
    >rwby, kpop ggs, 2hu, splatoon!
    th / pound / carrd / en แ“šแ˜แ—ข
    like du du du du du! Image

sign a petition to lock certain items!
ImageImageImageImage
onion

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby VenomousParadise » Fri Sep 17, 2021 11:43 am

Username: VenomousParadise
Pride/Group Link: Kinland
Link(s) to Hero/Adopt(s): Arsames
Arsames took no pause to recite the answer that laid unwavering in his heart, "Of course I believe you!" He stood straight and looked at the faces around him, taking note of the ones that looked skeptical. How could they forget how she'd helped them during this tragic time? Then, when she needed them, they dare turn their backs on her? Was the world truly rife with traitors? Arsames let out a scoff, fighting to settle the rising hairs on his scruff.
VenomousParadise

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -Isabella- » Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:07 pm

As some of the crowd began to stand up for her, and confirm their belief in her, tears began to slide down the oracle's cheeks, her eyes bright with emotion. For a moment a wall of light appeared all around the hill, seeming to shake and shimmer, casting a rainbow over the fur and scales of those who stood near it or directly in it. Then it vanished, and as it did the very earth groaned like some invisible weight had been released. The oracle took a deep, shuddering breath, then straightened.

Suddenly she seemed bigger, taller, her presence filling the space around them and her eyes brightening until they shone like gemstones in the darkest cave. Her very essence seemed to have shifted, becoming something clearly more than mortal.
The oracle blinked then looked out at the crowd, as if seeing them for the first time. When she finally spoke her words were simple but sincere. "Thank you."

She didn't interrupt the barrage of questions that followed, or the less kind or patient demands for answers. When the crowd did quiet she began to tell her story as simply as possible.

She told them how she had been trapped here, imprisoned by a much older oracle who had seen her as a threat. He had known she would foresee this battle, like she had foreseen battles that happened before, and he knew she would aid the mortals with her gifts. But he did not care for mortals, and it benefited him if their lands were torn apart by the fighting of the titan or sorceress.
Iris told them how she had been still young in her abilities and how he had used his experience and stronger powers against her to cloud her visions so she didn't clearly see what he had planned for her before he trapped her on this hill. Her closest friends had tried to save her, but had become trapped themselves.

"They live among you now," she told them, her gaze searching the crowd for the familiar faces of the friends she had sent away from her hut with the heroes. "The old oracle planted doubt in the minds of the mortals I had served until no one believed in me anymore. And when he trapped me he erased all memories of me, all records of me, from the mortal world. Even the friends who were trapped with me didn't remember our true history together, though they might now that the curse is lifted." The oracle seemed sad, guilty even and the realization hits you all at once that she must have been trapped for a long time, and her friends too. If they remember who they really are now, even pieces of it, then they must realize their friends, their families, may be long gone.

"He stripped my gifts away to barely anything," she continued, the loss she had felt plain her eyes as she recalled how it felt to have her gift ripped away. "And he said that as long as no one believed me anymore, as long as no one remembered me, I would remain trapped here where I could not interfere with his plans concerning the titan or the sorceress. But now that I am free, any of you who wish for my help in this battle, I will grant it freely." The oracle bowed her head slightly to the crowd as she offered up her services.

"And...should any of my old friends want to ask me questions or...learn of their identities before the curse. Should any of you want to ask questions, I will answer them as best I can."

Rolls:

As a gesture of thanks for your help the oracle gives everyone a parting gift, or gifts, before you all leave to return to your homes and the battle that may still await you.

Firedancer77 - 2 AC

Moonlight heavens
- 2 AC - Non-rarity weapon item (Adds a weapon to the adopt of your choice)

Midnightkitkat - 2 AC

Runnersback - 2 AC

EchoIre - 2 AC - Medium Horns Edit (Adds medium horns to the lion of your choice)

StormSerpent - 2 AC

ToxicShadow - 2 AC

MySpoons - 2 AC - Medium Shoulder Feathers Edit (Adds medium shoulder feathers to the adopt of your choice)

Frisco - 2 AC

Raptocidic - 2 AC

Goddess Sword - 2 AC - Medium Glowing Edit (Adds medium glowing to the adopt of your choice)

minifun990 - 2 AC

Chanceuxcat - 2 AC

snapshot - 2 AC - Non-rarity small animal companion (Adds a small animal companion to the adopt of your choice)

Breado - 2 AC

blek - 2 AC - Medium Hair on Head Edit (Gives medium hair to the adopt of your choosing)

VenomousParadise - 2 AC - Medium Fin Ears Edit (Adds medium fin ears to the adopt of your choice)
-Isabella-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me