2021 VOK/HW Event-- Edgar's Scavenger Club!

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

2021 VOK/HW Event-- Edgar's Scavenger Club!

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:32 pm

Welcome to the 2021 VOK/HW Summer/Autumn event!
September 1st - September 16th

See the main event thread for more information.

This booth runs on a luck system and rolls at the end of each day for prizes ranging from AC or surprises, but there is a chance you may not find anything!
    With a chance to earn a bonus roll for answering a prompt!

Amidst the celebration of the battle finally being over you were approached yet again by Edgar. His head down and tail curled against his frame as he struggled to start his explanation.

"I'm not a cat, not a normal one anyway. I've been a fox, lion, and hyena before, but deep down I'm a Phoenix. We used to be birds of fire before we were hunted for our tears and feathers..."

Poe landing and resting on the toms head as he continued.

"So we began to change when we were reborn. I don't even know how old I am now, but I came here when everyone was summoned. Seen it as a chance to maybe save some of the history of this place through relics and treasure."

The ground began to scorch slightly under his paws, the ash brushing off and clinging to his fur in a familiar charcoal black.

"I've grown so comfortable with my immortality that I forgot not everyone has that luxury. I was worried about the shack when others had much more important things to lose."

That guilty look returning.

"I was gonna help, but then I actually set that lions tent on fire, and everyone was already hunting down Lorena, I panicked..."

A loud caw broke the tension that had been building. Gently bapping Edgar with his wings as to get the tom to stop focusing on what had happened. A familiar and refreshing smile retuning to the phoenix's expression. If just a small one.

"Poe ended up finding me and pecked some sense into this stupid brain of mine. I should have trusted you more and for that I'm sorry..."

What's this??

Code: Select all
    [center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/503646058857889792/882804136427520000/22380eb4f20e7a5e73d3abb7611c1bb2.png[/img]
    [u]Username:[/u]
    [u]Pride/group link:[/u]
    [u]Day 15 Prompt:[/u] (200word or fullbody sketch[/center]
Last edited by Midnightkitkat on Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Previous Prompts and Days!

Postby Midnightkitkat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:33 pm

As you approach the rickety booth ahead a lone raven swoops down close to your head followed by a shout, "POE THAT ISN'T NICE!" The voice as you soon discover is belonged to young black tom cat, his small wings flared out in alarm followed by excitement as he fully notices you. "You must be our new member! OH HOW WONDERFUL, welcome welcome welcome! Please do follow me!" The meeting spot being the small booth before you holds no door as you simply watch the young tom jump over the counter, the bird from earlier landing on his head.
    "Greetings I am Edgar and my Scavenger Club has been awaiting new members!
    You must have gotten my invitation."

Day 1 Prompt:
    What is your character/hero's reaction to Edgar? Did they find his club on purpose or was it by accident?

Day 2 Prompt:
    Now that you know what the club is all about Edgar would like to see what shiny you brought!
    Was it something cool or did your hero choose to leave while they could?

Day 3 Prompt:
    With the approach of the titan and the smaller beasts you were unable to visit the booth until late. There you find Edgar hiding under the desk, "Oh! You made it. I was worried the monsters may have gotten you." Leaving his hiding hole the young tom looked off towards the chains and camps of each land, "I wonder about them. The new strangers. I know you're nice, but what are they like? Could you tell me?"
    Edgar seems as if they want to know more about where you come from, or about the pride they are housed with.

Day 4 Prompt:
    "I guess asking about them can only tell me so much..." As he took a moment to think Edgar regained his excitement with a revelation. "What if you let me go with you to explore!" Nearly bouncing from his excitement the young tom glanced between the chain of the sea and of the sky, "Could we visit the sky realm first?!"
    Edgar is eager to explore what the kingdoms hold. Do you plan on joining him?

Day 5 Prompt:
    After a day of exploring, if you joined him or not, your character would find him looking out over the horizon. Edgar seemed to be lost in thought as he did, your approach not changing his vigil. The only thing he could be looking for is the titan, but with how distracted he's been acting it was as if he didn't even realize the danger approaching.
    How do you take this sudden change of attitude?

Day 6 Prompt:
    After the vigil of silence Edgar finally speaks up, "Sorry about that. It's just that... if the titan does show up and things go wrong. I- A lot of people won't have a home anymore." Almost as if the bad thoughts were a physical presence he shakes his head. "I shouldn't keep that mindset though right? You/The hero will stop it! That's what the prophecy says anyway." Looking off with a grin, "Also I don't really need a shack if I've got friends. Right Poe?"
    "Poe?"
    Uh oh! It seems Poe is missing! Where/What do you think that crafty bird is up to now?

Day 7 Prompt:
    With no sign of Poe and the day coming to a close the search for the bird was almost given up. That is until a shout sounded out from the direction of the sky chain. Turing to observe you would notice one of the many merchants chasing after a familiar raven.
    Who seems to be making off with a very shiny collar...?
    It seems that bird crimes were afoot! Do you plan on helping Poe make off with his prize/gift or stopping him?

Day 8 Prompt:
    After the events of the day before Edgar hadn't let Poe out of his sight. Upon the arrival today you had remembered him mentioning something about visiting the sea kingdom next time you meet. Today though he doesn't seem as excited...
    Watching the water below as his tail curled around his paws, "Maybe you could go instead and tell me about what's down there?" Sounding almost hesitant it was obvious that something about the sea was dampening his thirst for discovery.
    It seems that Edgar plans on avoiding the water like the plague...

Day 9 Prompt:
    With the mixture of fear and dread that plagued some of those within the basecamps, emotions and tempers are easily lit. As well as objects it would seem. Today you are faced with a irritated looking lion and his smoldering tent behind him, "Someone set fire to my tent?! What kind of idiot does that?!"
    Examining the crime scene it is obvious that the structure was burned, but there seems to be no sign of what could have started the blaze. The only clue you find are a few loose feathers leading away from camp.

Day 10 Prompt:
    Upon following the trail of feathers they eventually trail off, but not before you recognize the direction the perpetrator seemed to flee. Approaching Edgar's booth it appears abandoned. Sunset casting dark shadows as night begins to fall.
    Investing around you begin to feel a magical draw coming out from under the booths desk. There you find a small wooden chest filled with similar feathers found before. Just as you open it the sound of a gasp and flapping wings break the silence. Turning to spot Edger as he fled, Poe seemingly spooked by the cat sudden shift in direction.
    A pile of gathered feathers dropped in his rush, and if you didn't know any better you could swear his eyes appeared to glow in the darkness...

Day 11-14:
    On the chest is a word written in such a way you can't quite make it out...

Day 15
    With the battle against Titan/Lorena Edgar's status of missing wasn't really something one could afford to focus on. Which is why you never expected to hear the young tom call out a warning to you. The attack from Lorena/Titan/Beast almost hitting its mark if he had not. Turning to face him you're shocked to see he looks nothing like you remembered him. His wings shimmering in the same way the feathers you found had. Now realizing that they belonged to him.
    With a look of mixed regret and guilt he faced down the shared foe, "I'll explain after, I promise."

Last edited by Midnightkitkat on Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:51 am, edited 23 times in total.
Midnightkitkat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- Edgar's Scavenger Club!

Postby Goddess Sword » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:39 pm

Username: Goddess Sword
Pride/group link: The Wards (VoK), The Wayfarers (HW)
Day: 1
Prompt: Hosted here! (495 words)
Goddess Sword

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby TimelordSnowy » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:55 pm

This is Pickle.He is my friend

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
I'm a Snake!

Snakes are wise, graceful, calm, mystic, creative, responsible, shrewd
Sometimes they can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, distrustful.
TimelordSnowy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:23 pm

Username: Chanceuxcat
Pride/group link: Senova
Prompt: Zeke takes a step back as the black and white cat appears at the booth and quickly runs through their lines.

"Oh, um, hello," Zeke says, letting himself relax when he realizes the cat means no harm. The cat, Edgar, Zeke believes he heard, continues staring up at him expectantly.

"So, you got my invitation?" Edgar asks eagerly.
Zeke opens his mouth. "Uh, not exactly."

Edgar's ears droop a bit and his crow friend squawks loudly.
"But I heard about your Scavenger Club from another traveler?" Zeke tries, hoping to cheer Edgar up a bit. It works.

"Oh yes!! Alright then, I suppose it doesn't matter how you got here, just that you're here!"

"Yes," Zeke agrees. "I figured you might be able too... well, maybe. We just got a young hero who we're supposed to help save this world or something? We... don't exactly know what we're doing though."

"Ah, ah! Look no further! Poe and I are all about finding things! We'll help you find a way to... well, whatever it is you're talking about!"

Zeke grins. "Ok. Thank you. So, where do we begin?"

"You've got to start searching of course! Right this way my good lion!"

Zeke obeys, not exactly sure what he just got himself into. Maybe they should have sent another lion to do this part. Oh well, he's here now, and it sure beats his normal job.
(234/200 words)
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby minifun990 » Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:08 pm

Username:
Pride/group link:
Day:
Prompt: (200 words)

What is your character/hero's reaction to Edgar? Did they find his club on purpose or was it by accident?
V is hungry. And bored. After all, if she was only hungry she wouldnt of been so fussy. She woulve taken the first bird or other prey she had seen. But she didnt, because she wasnt that hungry. But she was hungry enough to find the challenge of this unusually smart bird, intrgiruing.
So she slunk off without her dedicated group of followers on her quest. She was going to have a rather satisfying snack. And the others would simply ruin her hunting.
She liked them of course, but sometimes there was simply nothing like a good hunt.
Creeping through underbrush, over a small stream. She was just starting to get a bit unsure of the distance she travelled when she smelt, someone else.
She knew this was someone elses territory but this was different. This wasnt a lion. Instead V found herself face to face with a cat. And of course, a facefull of black feathers, as the raven V had hunting took that exact moment to spite her, laughter-like cawing in the face of danger.
And the cat introduced himself, happy and excitable.
And even though V wasnt supposed to be able to communicate with cats, she smiled, understanding him perfectly. He was lucky she had been the first lion of this land to join this little cats club. Many others would be doomed by the curse of translation that befall cats and lions but V. V was the perfect clubmate. (243/200)
"๐’ฒ๐’ฝ๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘”๐‘’๐“‰๐“ˆ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“‰๐‘œ๐“Š๐‘”๐’ฝ ๐“€๐‘’๐‘’๐“… ๐‘”๐‘œ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”"

minifun990

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wucaian » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:14 pm

Username: wucaian
Pride/group link: Mountain Pass Pride
Prompt: n/a

Currently missing:Image
Bounce, bounce, bounce...
wucaian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DinoSaga » Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:11 am

Username: APrehistoricSoul
Pride/group link: The Cats of Avriwyth
Prompt:
[ 209 / 200 ]

The raven swooped down over Omenโ€™s head, and she protectively tucked her tail beneath her paws. She was used to birds thinking it was a worm, and trying to eat it, only to discover it was attached to a predator. When she tried, she could easily use this to her advantage when catching her dinner, but occasionally she would be caught off guard and have to swat away a hungry hunk of feathers.

She heard a voice behind her and spun around in confusion. A black cat with white on his chest and wide black wings puffed up towards her. She listened to what he had to say; he introduced himself as Edgar, and by his shout earlier she knew that the raven that had spooked her was named Poe. She found these names fitting, though she couldnโ€™t quite tell why.

โ€œAโ€ฆ scavenger club? I canโ€™t say Iโ€™ve heard of something like this before.โ€ She looked at the small booth as Edgar hopped over it. He explained how the system worked, and though Omen would much rather be searching for herbs and grinding salves, she thought that perhaps this cat may have something useful for her in the long run. She would play his game.

โ€œAlright, count me in.โ€
ใ€ DeviantArt | Toyhou.se | Writing | Character Sales | Runes & Ruins ใ€‘

ใ€VoK|HW|โ˜…s|PMใ€‘ #115555#229999#44bbbb#bbbbbb#338877 ใ€PFPใ€‘

DinoSaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moonlight heavens » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:01 am

Username: Moonlight Heavens
Pride/group link: Pride of the sacred Sands
Prompt:
Khalfani ducked down with a grunt of suprise as a black figure swooped down towards him. What type of sorcery was this?! His eyes scanned the scenery. Searching for the culprit who pulled his mane. It did not take long when he saw whom had done it. Since when did birds want to prey on lions? This is outrageous! He was just about to snap his jaws towards the bird when he spotted...a cat? Wait shouldn't cats eat birds? He shook his head and blinked a couple of times to make sure he was not seeing things. Now this was indeed a strange occurrence. He watched the cat and bird duo with great curiosity. "My apologies Edgar...if i may have offended you in any way or your friend" A quick glance towards the bird.

His ears rounded fowards. "Scavenger club?" He asked with great curiosity. "Im afraid i haven't received an invitation. But this does intrigue me....OH where is my manners. Im Khalfani. I whould love to see what this "Scavenger Club" has to offer. Perhaps i can even make up to your friend?" He followed after the cat his fur pickling in excitement. What will he discover here he wondered?
(201)
Moonlight heavens

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tigerโ™ฅBear » Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:34 am

Username: Tigerโ™ฅBear
Pride/group link: Pekee Pamoja
Prompt:

Kailani found herself wandering about the valley. She still wasn't accustomed to being on the land. The grass felt itchy against her pelt, the dirt irritating to her paws. Still, she withheld a grimace as she took in the new surroundings. Despite the dislike thus far of the area, she was still eager to learn more about it. It's why she was currently walking around. Through the tall blades she could just make out...something. Curious, she pushed forward to see a stall of sorts. It appeared worn, a bit tattered and leaning at a slight slant. When the crow swooped at her, she ducked her head unaware of what was happening. The shouting didn't help much either as she kept low to the ground. A small black cat with wings lit up when he noticed her. She glanced about before slowly standing back up and hesitantly approaching the booth. The tom jumped over and lay his paws overlapping across it, the crow coming to land on his head. Kailani watched confused and somewhat amused. "Um. I'm sorry, invitation? For what?"
    "The scavenger club, of course! That is why you're here, isn't it?"
    The lioness shook her head. "I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding. I'm new here. I was simply observing the land."
    "Oh." She watched as the cat deflated a bit.
    "B-but I suppose, since I'm already here, perhaps you could tell me about this club of yours?"
    He lit up again, a beaming grin on his face. "Why, of course!"
{251 Words}
โœงPekee Pamoja . VOK
โœฟFallitur . VOK

โ“‰ Toyhou.se
Bear/vs/Bull is my husband.
fairytail*~, itsRBandPJ, munch1111,
and
Noebelle22 are my sisters.
We sometimes share a computer.
Please do not ban us!
I am looking for art of my VOK characters. Please send me a message if interested in doing some art, we can discuss payment.
Currently looking to swap some pets for true dates (pets adopted on the first of the month). Check out my trades for more info. Open to normal trades as well but would prefer date swaps at the moment. Also up for roleplay. I'm open to ideas, just send me a message with your thoughts and I'll let you know if I'm interested. If not, we can work something else out.
Tigerโ™ฅBear

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me