2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: 2021 VOK/HW Event-- The Scribe's Shrine

Postby MySpoons » Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:45 pm

DAY 11 CLOSED, DAY 12 STARTING
-------------------------------------
𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗗
struggling mar. 14

𝗔𝗗𝗢𝗣𝗧𝗦 [Masterlist]
𝗢𝗙𝗙 𝗦𝗜𝗧𝗘 [Trades]
Heya, I'm MySpoons!
Artist | World Builder

Ace | She/Her/They/Them
Pup Parent to Teddy, SDIT

358 Pets Left
to a complete collection

Trades | Auctions
Collection Progress | Art Shop

ABOUT ME
MySpoons

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Firedancer77 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:51 pm

Username: Firedancer77
Pride/group link: Isle of Roses
Day 12 Prompt: Here! (452 words)

Isle of Roses | Valley of Kings

One of these days a-coming, I'm gonna take that boy's crown

Cause I am, I am a little wicked
I am, I am
Hands red, hands red just like he said

I am a little wicked

No one calls you honey when you're sitting on a throne
Firedancer77

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Runnersback » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 am

Username:Runnersback
Pride/group link: Realms of L’Oasis Lo
Day 12 Prompt:[300/300]
Perseus was quite busy himself, he hadn’t realized how time consuming that this battle was going to be so he sent Achilles to go check in on her. Achilles had gotten lost a few times taking the land route before deciding maybe it was better for him just to fly over to the island. Achilles landed on the odd beach and glanced over to see if the lioness Percy had described to her was there. And she wasn’t which made Achilles frown but he was curious as he saw that a note was left for them. He quietly opened it before deciding it was best to show it to Perseus. Percy would know what to do with this better than he would.

Achilles quickly flew back to the base camp where Percy was taking a nap, a new charge and fleet of lions had taken up the fight with the titan and another group had taken up the search for Lorena. It was very chaotic for the poor group. Achilles softly landed next to Perseus and prodded the poor lion awake,“Percy it’s from the scribe they weren’t there but they left this for you. I think you should definitely read this.”

Percy grumbled quietly before rolling up and taking the letter from Achilles. He quietly opened it and read through it all. His eyebrow raised up but he nodded,“After we handled the titan l. We will need all paws on deck to start writing and recording each of the stories from the lions. Can you start writing down the lists of lions that have been in battle and searching for the apprentice so far and we’ll start with them.”

Achilles nodded,“Sounds good Perseus. I will leave a bit for the scribe letting her know what we’ll be doing for her.”

runners/sharkkbait/swiftie
Image🎶 RTF 🎶 cal-vain ©

𝙸 𝚏𝚘𝚕𝚕𝚘𝚠𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚢 𝚑𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚝,
𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑."

𝐼𝓉’𝓈 𝒶 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒, 𝓁𝒾𝓋𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝒷𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒶𝓁𝓉𝓎 𝓈𝑒𝒶
Runnersback

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EchoIre » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:24 am

Username: EchoIre
Pride/group link: Motoheri Pride
Day 12 Prompt:

(Writing for fun! I really wanted to have Halica hanging out with the Scribe lol)

"You'll like her." Ekolu promised, trudging through the shallows of the Scribe's island. "Better than the swim here, at least."

"The swim here was fine!" Halica reassured the hero. "With your magic, it was hardly an effort. Thank you."

Ekolu dismissed him with a flick of their tail. It would be tiresome to wait for a Land lion to swim all the way to the island, but they didn't want to tell him that. Besides, what was a favor between friends?

Despite having quite literally met that day, Ekolu and Halica were getting along well. They both trusted The Oracle well enough to at least try to get to know one another, and found that they had a fair bit in common when their professions were set aside. At the very least, in the short time they knew one another, Halica grew to trust Ekolu enough to agree to follow them to a mysterious island that housed a creature known only as the Stone Scribe, but that could have likely been because of the rich history the island supposedly offered. Or possibly that Ekolu was The Hero, but that was probably secondary to the historian.

When they found the Stone Scribe, she was desperately working to dig up the stones that had watched onto the beach and piece them together. Ekolu frowned at her efforts, seeing how easily the stones were crumbling due to the Titan's footfalls and how little the Scribe's work did. She was exhausting herself, and for what?

"Is that the Stone Scribe?" Halica asked, turning to Ekolu. His brows were narrowed and his eyes stayed in the Scribe as she dug.

"Yes."

"What is she doing?"

"...Those stones have ancient carvings on them. I think she's trying to save them. I think the Titan's steps are destroying them."

"We should help!"

"What?"

But Halica was already jogging towards the Scribe, leaving Ekolu to stare after him. After a moment, the hero followed, coming up to Halica and the Scribe as they were mid-conversation.

"-is fascinating! How can I help?'

"A helping paw would be welcome." The Scribe replied tersely, not looking up from her efforts. Halica set to digging up the massive stone as well, looking up at Ekolu only after they accidentally blocked his light.

"Oh, hey!" He offered them a quick smile. "You can go ahead if you need to - I'm gonna stay here and help."

"...Will you be able to get back on your own?"

"Oh, I don't know that I will! The Scribe was just telling me some about the history on the beach here - I can't let it just be destroyed! I don't mind staying the night here, if it's alright?" He glanced to the Scribe, who grunted in return. He turned back to Ekolu with another smile. "See? It will be fine. I'm sure you'll be needed back at camp anyways!"

Ekolu watched him dig. He was right, but it still felt strange leaving him here... and it did hurt a little to be abandoned like that. Not that Ekolu could really blame him, but they were glad no one else was here to see. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow then." They turned to leave. "Be safe."

"You too!"

Username: EchoIre
Pride/group link: Motoheri Pride
Day 12 Prompt:

There was no sign of the Stone Scribe on the beaches.

And, more worryingly, no sign of Halica either. Had he tried to swim back despite his reassurances yesterday? Would the Scribe have let him do that? Would she have been aware enough to stop him?

Cursing themselves, Ekolu ran farther into the island, hoping to find the golden lion somewhere by the Scribe’s shrine. Thankfully, but unfortunately for Ekolu’s heart, he was at the shrine itself, meaning they had a solid five minutes of worrying and reasoning to get through before they found him. He looked up at their approach and beamed.

“Oh, hello!” He called. “ It’s good to see you. You look tired, do you want to sit?” He made a sweeping gesture with one of his paws, inviting Ekolu closer. The hero sighed, hanging their head and shaking it. It was bad enough that the fate of the three kingdoms was weighing on their shoulders, they didn’t need to worry about this guy wandering into the ocean either. They padded closer to him and sat down with a huff, trying to hide their exhaustion. Helica leaned closer, pushing a scroll to their paws.

“The Scribe left this for you. She wants us to record our own history - I think I inspired her with some of my scrolls!” He sounded giddy, almost childlike. “I’ve been writing this whole afternoon. Would you like to, too?”

Ekolu skimmed through the message, confirming what Halica had said. They sighed, looking up at them with a weary smile. “Why not?”

The historian beamed and turned to dig up a scroll and some ink for the hero, setting the items at their paws once they were found. He quickly returned to his own writing after. Ekolu watched him for a moment, making a note of the small pile of scrolls at his side. He really had been at this all afternoon, hadn’t he? That was admirable. Maybe when they actually got the chance to talk about history he would have answers to some of Ekolu’s questions.

The hero turned to the scroll and began to write.

(353 words; 3 AC)
EchoIre

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Raptocidic » Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:43 am

Username: Raptocidic
Pride/group link: Arch Empire
Day 12 Prompt:
Raptocidic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meekins12345 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:27 am

Username: Meekins12345
Pride/group link: In the signature - The Pride of Wikimak
Day 12 Prompt:

Bezalel could only frown at the message that the scribe had left. Wait... so he was gonna have to create new records for her? Wasn't that HER job? He didn't know the first thing about writing down history or anything like that. All the scribes from his home kingdom did that! He was just supposed to be the hero that everyone was waiting for, not some scribe to write down the history and ongoings of the group! Goodness, this surely wasn't his forte, and he wasn't sure it was going to be. A soft sigh escaped him at that before he glanced back to the chaos that rampaged behind him. Lions running left and right, trying to take on the titan and it's minions while also trying to keep their hides intact. A frown graced the hero's features. So many lions... wait, perhaps one of them would be able to do this! Yeah! Surely, somebody had to be more talented in this area than he was.

And he knew just who to call upon. A lioness that was very familiar with record-keeping and someone who, really, did it all the time.

"Khaysa! Can you come here a minute?"

"Sure!"

The half-blood ran up to the male who had called her, a surprisingly calm smile on her face despite all that was currently going on in the background. It was a bit of a surprise to the hero, but then again, by the sound of it, her job required her to be composed under pressure.

"Can you write some stuff down, here? For the scribe?" He begged the female. "She wants new records. Heroic ones. You think you could figure something out for this?"

"Of course! We've got plenty of tales back home, and I know that Wei's got even more to go off, too. I'll get right to it!"

"Great, thank you!"

And with that, Bezalel began running back toward the chaos. Time to try and fix this mess. (329 wc)
╔══.·:·.☽мєєкιηѕ☾.·:·.══╗
Child of the Living God
Doodler | Roleplayer
.·:·.
Wanna trade? Check out my
trading group!
Wanna chat or roleplay? PM me! ouo
Convocation
Valley of Kings
Three Pine Range
╚═══.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.═══╝
Meekins12345

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sunlitsecrets » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:05 am

--------------
my characters!
-infj, hufflepuff
-traditional artist
ImageImage

Sunlitsecrets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToxicShadow » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:40 am

Username: ToxicShadow
Pride/group link: Oddities of the Celestial Heavens
Day 12 Prompt:

Ghost had been awfully preoccupied lately, so Fallyn had made her way to the scribe's shrine all on her own. Though, it was no surprise to her to see that the scribe they had seen before was nowhere to be seen now. So much was going on, after all. Still, the Demon Princess noticed that there was a scroll sitting where she had once been, and stepped forward to look it over. It was easy for the princess to make sense of the words, the instructions, left by the scribe.

"Hm." She began to consider just what sort of story that she could leave for the scribe. Before, she had already mentioned the story of Nero, briefly, so talking about that in more detail wasn't probably anything too terribly interesting.

After thinking about it awhile longer, an idea came to her, and she exclaimed with an, "Ah! That might do."

So, she rolled out the paper scroll more, exposing the portion that was unwritten on, and began to write as she spoke the words out loud. "This is an old story, but one that I find took a lot of heroism within the moment. The Demon Clan was a horrible, vicious group of powerful immortal beings. The energy they cultivated was the negative kind, filled with resentment and hatred. Most were weak to the negative energy around and within them and succumbed to it. It was very much a place where only strongest survived. So it could never be a surprise that even those born within the Demon Clan had to suffer. The ceremony to become an adult and full fledged member of the Demon Clan involved pitting those in the ceremony against one another. In order to accepted, one had to battle and take the life of another. My, well, my father, you could say, Makuvu, indeed won his battle. But as his opponent was knocked down, unable to continue to fight, Makuvu adamantly refused to take their life. He was threatened. If he did not take their life, he would lose his. Still, he refused, and he was sentenced to death on the spot. The onlooking members of the clan all rushed forward, tearing him to pieces."

"In order to save another's life, and to defy the terribleness of the clan, he lost his life. It was only a moment, but is that not an act of heroism?"

[400]
ToxicShadow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chanceuxcat » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:47 am

Username: Chanceuxcat
Pride/group link: Senova
Day 12 Prompt:

Mein looks around at a loss. How can the Scribe be gone? At a time like this? He was looking for guidance, a story or two to calm down his little Orby, who has been amazingly patient for a bored little cub on the run from powerful forces. And now it seems the two of them are on the run from this very land as it trembles and shakes.

"Papa, can I have a story please? You promised!" the cub pleads, curled up in her cradle. Mein looks down at her.
"I know, it's just that the Scribe isn't here and-" he falters, seeing the disappointment in her eyes. Oh why oh why did he choose to grab this orb and keep the cub hidden inside? Life would be so much easier without a little one to please.

He sighs, reading over the Scribe's note again. Something heroic... hm, maybe that would satisfy Orby. But what has he seen heroic recently? What about that winged lion firing spells back and forth with a cat? He had only caught a glimpse of them, but that was good enough for now.

"Well," he begins. "There were..." a legend comes to mind as well. Maybe he can incorporate that?
"There were three cities, Sky, Sea and Land. But there was a great war when a titan came to break them up. You see, little one, the cities were too powerful together. So now they fight and fight."

"Don't they hurt each other?" Orby asks in concern.

"Not anymore," Mein reassures her. "Because one day a hero came and reunited them! The hero was from all three cities. But before they could reunite the cities, an evil sorceress who wanted the cities to keep fighting fought them."

He pauses for dramatic effect before finishing. "But luckily, the hero fought her off! And the three cities were reunited again."
(314/300)
Chanceuxcat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MySpoons » Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:44 pm

MySpoons wrote: