Volvitz Collies

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Volvitz Collies

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:09 pm

Welcome to the Volvitz Collies Breed Club! The Volvitz Collie originated in September of 2009 in France, quickly finding themselves able to breed dogs who became consistent and adhere to a breed standard. After their introduction to the world, they became quite popular, however, in recent years they have settled down to become a well-established and fairly secretive club. They are happy to now extend an invitation to you to join their club and obtain one of their prized dogs.

div creds
Last edited by Siven on Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:38 am, edited 13 times in total.
"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Discord: Siven#1271
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Euphorian Thoroughbreds | Tibetian Spitz | Senagal Zebras | Echobis | Baltic Huskies | Carran Hounds
"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow." -Shauna Niequist
Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Volvitz Collies

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:10 pm

Temperament;
The Volvitz Collie is known for their alert and weary temperament.
Belonging to the Working Group, they are suspicious of strangers
and work best as alert dogs, letting their humans know of potential
dangers to their home, families, and even livestock, without pursuing
the dangers like a LGD may. Despite this, the Volvitz Collie gets along
with children and strangers as long as they are introduced properly
and given time to adjust. They don’t do well with small children, and
are best in adult only households. They lack in prey drive, and excel in
sports such as agility, rally-o, and trick dog training. They have a high
drive to work and please their humans!

Breed Standard;
General appearance: medium sized, elegant and alert. narrow head
with gentle eyes. low held tail. short, medium, or long coat.

Head: Narrow head, with a long slim snout and the foreface must be chiseled
to form a receptacle for the eyes. erect ears, however one may fold over but
not both.

Forequarters and Hindquarters: the forelegs are straight and muscular, with a
fair amount of bone considering the size of the dog. a cumbersome appearance
is undesirable. the comparatively small feet are approximately oval in shape.

Neck: The neck should be narrow and of medium length, and free of throatiness.

Topline, Body, and Tail: topline and body should be strong, with a narrow chest.
loins should be short, wide and strong; extending to well developed, powerful
hindquarters. tail should be held equal to the topline or lower.

Coat and Color: coat may be smooth to rough or long in length. come in all
colors.

Size and Height: 48 to 53 centimeters at the withers for bitches, variation of two
centimeters in either direction is acceptable. 55-61 centimeters at the withers
for dogs, variation of two centimeters in either direction is acceptable. Weight
should be 18 to 25 kilograms for bitches, and 20 to 27 kilograms for dogs.
"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower." -Hans Christian Anderson
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Euphorian Thoroughbreds | Tibetian Spitz | Senagal Zebras | Echobis | Baltic Huskies | Carran Hounds
"When life is sweet, say thank you and celebrate. And when life is bitter, say thank you and grow." -Shauna Niequist
Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:11 pm

Species Rules:
Customs may be ordered once every other month unless given staff permission otherwise.

Collies may *not* be taken off-site.

If a Collie is being rehomed, both new and old owner must visit the archives page and follow the directions there prior to the transfer.

Design changes are not allowed unless given staff permission otherwise.

There is no limit on how many collies you may own, however, you may only win one adopt within a twenty-four hour period., excluding paid adopts which may be up to two in a twenty-four hour period.

In event of a member being banned, Collies will be readopted out by the original artist.

Kennel threads are *not* optional, as they are necessary for the showing program and breeding program.

Suggestions are welcomed, however, keep in mind we are not obligated to heed them unless we see fit.
Last edited by Siven on Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:13 pm

Breeding Guidelines;

please do not post if not ordering a breeding

dogs must have full health testing before breeding

blind, deaf, dm dogs, and dogs with CVD may not be bred

merle x merle litters are rolled 1-4 (3 being DMs* born, if 3 is rolled then 1-4 is rolled for how many puppies are DM)

litters will not exceed 4 puppies (1-2 for individual litters, 2-4 for split breedings)

female dogs have a limit of 5 breedings in total

male dogs have a limit of 6 breedings

users may have one breeding a month

females have a 2 week cooldown between breedings

puppies have a 1 week cooldown before fertile

*double merle
Last edited by Siven on Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:17 pm

Discord Server Rules;

Chat Rules:
Keep chat appropriate, this includes no cussing/cursing in chat, as we have members who are under 18 in here.

Respect our mods, as they work hard to keep the environment safe for us all.

Report all incidents to our moderators directly by message or tag a moderator, as chat can get lost quickly and we can't help you if we don't see it.

Bullying, drama, and harassment are not allowed. This includes transphobia, ableism, etc.

Please keep on topic, if you're posting images of your pets, do it in the #pets channel, etc.

No mini-modding*

Art Rules:
Only artists may create Collies, anyone caught doing so will be reprimanded.

Art theft, tracing, copings, stealing, or anything else that could possibly conflict with the copyright is not allowed in our
community and will result in a ban.

Please only post images that are owned by you, if you do not own an image, please credit it and link back to the original.

*Mini-Modding Includes:
Scolding another member of the community.

Answering questions about Vulvitz Collies that cannot be easily linked to and proved. This causes confusion for all parties involved and paints certain expectations that may or may not be canon.

Bumping threads or reposting deadline updates for adopts, events, etc, unless given staff permission.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:23 pm

Sports;

Volvitz Collies compete in a few types of dog sports. These sports include;

-Agility; Dog agility is a dog sport in which a handler directs a dog through an obstacle course in a race for both time and accuracy. Dogs run off-leash with no food or toys as incentives, and the handler can touch neither the dog nor the obstacles.

-Rally Obedience; Rally obedience is a dog sport based on obedience. Unlike regular obedience, instead of waiting for the judge's orders, the competitors proceed around a course of designated stations with the dog in heel position. The course consists of 10 to 20 signs that instruct the team on what to do.

-Trick Dog;
While it is common for pet parents to teach their dog tricks for fun, it has only been in the last few years that trick dog has become a recognized sport. The sport was created to allow owners to show off their dogs' tricks in a trial environment. The ANKC version of the sport stems from Dancing With Dogs, another ANKC recognized sport, and allows dogs to learn some foundation exercises for DWD without having to choreograph a routine to music.

Volvitz Collies may also be shown in Conformation. While not a sport, conformation plays a huge role in the proper breeding of the Volvitz Collies, as it measures how closely they conform to the standard of their particular breed.

How Sports and Conformation Benefit You;

A Volvitz Collie with a champion title is guaranteed a full litter of four puppies.

Any dog or bitch with a champion title in conformation is guaranteed at least one puppy with the best scores in health testing possible.

Titles increase the value of your Collie in breeding and trading.
Last edited by Siven on Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Tue Aug 17, 2021 2:37 pm

Common Health Problems;

Chronic Degenerative Valve Disease

Chronic degenerative valve disease (CVD) is a progressive degeneration of the valves in the heart (primarily the mitral valve). This results in the thickening of the valve leaflets and a valvular leak that eventually causes heart enlargement and signs of heart failure.

Unfortunately, CVD in Volvitz Collies is typically fatal by 5 years of age. However, studies have shown that the Collies with CVD who are kept on low activity may live a full and happy life given proper rest. Collies diagnosed with CVD are thus disqualified from sports and show, and may not be bred as the condition is genetic.

Hip Dysplasia

In dogs, hip dysplasia is an abnormal formation of the hip socket that, in its more severe form, can eventually cause lameness and arthritis of the joints. It is a genetic trait that is also affected by environmental factors.

Double Merle

Double Merle (Homozygous Merle) is the common term for a dog with two copies of the Merle gene. Double Merles are a result of bad breeding practices, most commonly known as spot x spot breeding. Double Merles can also be blind or have vision problems due to congenital eye defects.

Progressive Retinal Atrophy

Progressive retinal atrophy (PRA), is a group of degenerative diseases that affect these photoreceptor cells. With this disease, the cells deteriorate over time, eventually leading to blindness in the affected dog.

Congenital Hereditary Deafness

Congenital Hereditary Deafness is the most common cause of deafness in dogs and affects dogs with white pigmentation. Even if your dog's coat is dark, their skin can have white pigmentation as can the ears or the rims of the eyes and nose. However, CHD can occur in any dog even those without white pigmentation.
Last edited by Siven on Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Siven » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:10 am

Temperaments;

When you make, adopt, or breed a litter of collies, they are given a randomly generated temperament.

Drive;
1.) Weak
2.) Fair
3.) Moderate
4.) High
5.) Extremely high

Biddability;
1.) Weak
2.) Fair
3.) Moderate
4.) High
5.) Extremely high

Anxious;
1.) No
2.) No
3.) Yes
4.) No
5.) No
6.) No

Handling and Activity Level;
1.) Low activity, easy handling
2.) Moderately active, easy to moderate handling
3.) Fairly active, moderate handling
4.) Very active, challenging handling
5.) Extremely active, very challenging handling

RNG Used For Temperaments
Last edited by Siven on Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Siven | He/Him‏‏‎
Dog Groomer & Trainer
‎EST | Young Adult

Siven

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me