ҽӀօɾʂհìղ - journal entries archive 📔 -no posting

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

ҽӀօɾʂհìղ - journal entries archive 📔 -no posting

Postby Imperial Globe » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:39 pm

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʀᴄʜɪᴠᴇ

✥﹤┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈﹥✥

Journal Entry #1

I finally landed in Elorshin.

The people here have domesticated a species known as Finuars, which look to be a mix between a finch and jaguar. They’re adapted for cold waters, but live on land or in snow. They’re layered in thick feathers that are coated with oil. This keeps them dry and helps them float to surface for air.

I have seen some beautiful variations of Finuars, but I decided to paint the most common Finuar, a blue feathered variant. They are very loving and loyal creatures, and are around the size of a medium sized dog on Earth. There are Finuars in the wild, but many live with the Elorshin people, helping them hunt and ward off other pests in agricultural fields.

Their main diet consists of unique fauna that can be found within the vast ocean systems on Elorshin. Some of their favorite foods are pictured to the left; frills (the frog fish), and varieties of shellfish that are found in freshwater and saltwater. They mainly hunt in water, but can be seen hunting on land if desperate for food.

I was able to swab some of the Finuar I approached, and sent the DNA sequences back to Earth. There should be some Finuar available to pick up now! This creature will be very easy to handle, as they're already domesticated and love being around people.

Journal Entry #2

I've made a mistake.

The DNA samples I sent back to Earth that contained the sequencing of the Finuar was a poor batch. In the end, only one was viable, and a caregiver by the name of beebun was more than happy to take it into her care. She named the young Zebra Finuar Maeve, which I think fits her quite well. I can't wait to hear back about her development!

In the meantime, there is another species I've come across after the Finuar. It's quite timid, but I was able to grow a close bond with one I watched from the woods. It looks to be a cross of a fox and perhaps a deer, although I'm not quite sure? The name of this species is not as original as Finuar, quite plainly, they are the Silver Deer Foxes. I'm still in the process of sequencing their DNA, so there are none available to adopt quite yet.

I just felt it right to update everyone so they know what to expect! The one pictured below is the most common patterning I've seen on these Silver Deer Foxes, however their colorings do vary. (This one will actually be available for adoption once all of the DNA is sent over!) I am looking forward to see how this species is received, and hope they all go to good homes.

I should mention, there are some eggs of a species I haven't fully documented yet that the people of Elorshin tend to test on quite often. Don't fret, the testing is harmless and is a series of studies being conducted by scientists on Elorshin. I can't say much yet as some of the information is classified, but I can provide you an idea of what they look like. If you are interested, take a look at the Events page located below the laboratory and nursery! I'm sure you'll find them intriguing!
Last edited by Imperial Globe on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Imperial Globe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me