questions thread - myo event '21

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: questions thread - myo event '21

Postby VashTheStampede » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Are we allowed to have someone else do the design for our MYO with proper credit? I've never worked with Kalon lines before and am honestly intimidated ^^"

ImageArt shopImageLF artImage
/ Vash / He/Him /
VashTheStampede

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HellyBoo » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:58 pm

Can we edit out "Final Design" later on?

So can i post with a Standard design, knowing I want to upgrade it but not have it done yet? and just Edit the post when its made?
{ ~ My Beautiful Viscets ~ } | { ~ My Kalons ~ }

Guys I'm away for a while. I've turned off messages for a few days just to gather my thoughts and re assess my life inside CS and the Kalon community. I'm sorry if I've let anyone down. Im sorry.
HellyBoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby craig? » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:02 pm

for art prompts, do we draw the kalon as their base standard design, or can we do with edits?

additionally: does the multiple characters bonus stack?
also: if you do a comic where you draw the myo multiple times in it, do you just count the points again?
ImageImageImageImageImage
please click and feed!!
craig?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rhys~ » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:23 pm

for art prompts would we be able to draw the kalon in anthro form? or would it have to be feral form?
-------------------------------
Ⓗⓔⓛⓛⓞ ⓗⓞⓟⓔ¿?
-------------------------------

Rhys~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Potions-Master » Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:58 pm

turntechGodhead ✨ wrote:
Potions-Master wrote:So at the start of the event, the MYO itself is free and we just need tokens to buy the edits? Lets say if we buy a common edit it will just be one edit and not unlimited right?

yepp, the beginner standard design is completely free and just requires the one prompt response. earning tokens for the next rarity tier for common and uncommon include unlimited edits within those tiers, only rare edits are earned by the edit c:

Sorry which one prompt response are you referring to?
❝ The game is afoot. ❞

My philosophy is, worrying
makes you suffer twice.

adoptablescharacterskals

Potions-Master

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby snowdrake » Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:56 pm

about the prompt part of the approval form: do you have to answer a prompt from the prompt list or will you receive a prompt from a staff member (or something else)?
things just got a lot more relaxed for me, I'll be able to be online more often! responses still won't be instant most times, sorry </3
snowdrake

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sullivan Maurus » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:21 pm

Can our MYO(s) for the event be kits, or do they have to be adults?

Can we do our writing prompts in Google Docs/another site, or would an on-site thread be preferred?

If one were to purchase the additional MYO, would they be able to develop the 2 Kalons together?
Gone.
Sullivan Maurus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Glitter_Goatman » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:04 pm

Should I post the initial prompt response with the submission form only or in the develop thread as well? Do we get tokens for those too?
Glitter_Goatman

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Munsuton » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:12 pm

Excuse me I Just bumped here and I would love to know what is happening. It looks exciting and I would love to make part of this event! Any link to what is an myo would be helpful. I might sleep since I couldnt till now
Image ImageImage

Wish you a good day! ╰(⸝⸝⸝´꒳`⸝⸝⸝)╯

Munsuton

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:30 am

MeepMorpLazuli wrote:Are we allowed to have someone else do the design for our MYO with proper credit? I've never worked with Kalon lines before and am honestly intimidated ^^"

"You may make your own design, commission someone to make your design, or you can claim a free design from the pile [pile designs are FCFS]."

HellyBoo wrote:Can we edit out "Final Design" later on?

So can i post with a Standard design, knowing I want to upgrade it but not have it done yet? and just Edit the post when its made?

designs should be completed when entering the event! if you'd like to wait until you have your design finalized you are welcome to post all of your development and the initial design at the same time. the only edits that should be being made to the MYO during the event is at the very end if you are unable to earn to tokens for the edits your myo has or if you have earned extra tokens and would like to add edits

Spottedpuppi wrote:for art prompts, do we draw the kalon as their base standard design, or can we do with edits?

additionally: does the multiple characters bonus stack?
also: if you do a comic where you draw the myo multiple times in it, do you just count the points again?

please draw the "goal" design! for this event you're developing the kalon as you would like it to be, the standard and lower rarity refs should only be used at the very end if you are unable to achieve the tokens needed for the edits you have

the multiple character tokens is generalized and does not stack

Rhys~ wrote:for art prompts would we be able to draw the kalon in anthro form? or would it have to be feral form?

anthro or feral is fine !!

Potions-Master wrote:Sorry which one prompt response are you referring to?

the initial prompt can be any prompt from the prompt list!

.*✦ kirin wrote:
    about the prompt part of the approval form: do you have to answer a prompt from the prompt list or will you receive a prompt from a staff member (or something else)?

this is the only prompt that should be answered off the development thread! this initial prompt response is essentially your "payment" for making the myo real <3

Cypher wrote:[center]Can our MYO(s) for the event be kits, or do they have to be adults?

Can we do our writing prompts in Google Docs/another site, or would an on-site thread be preferred?

If one were to purchase the additional MYO, would they be able to develop the 2 Kalons together?

for this event all MYOs should be adults, apologies :(
you're welcome to do your writing in docs/other sites but all prompt responses should be posted on the development thread with the form c:
yep !! once you've done the initial creation of the second design you can def develop them with the first !!

Cyberkonstruktor wrote:Should I post the initial prompt response with the submission form only or in the develop thread as well? Do we get tokens for those too?

please see answer above to user kirin <3

Munsuton wrote:Excuse me I Just bumped here and I would love to know what is happening. It looks exciting and I would love to make part of this event! Any link to what is an myo would be helpful. I might sleep since I couldnt till now

general explination - an MYO is a "make your own"! as a closed species Kalons do not allow users to make their own characters in the species without one of these tickets c:
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me