questions thread - myo event '21

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: questions thread - myo event '21

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:17 pm

Spottedpuppi wrote:It seems my third question was missed, if you draw the kalon multiple times in one prompt in a comic, does that count for points?

a comic, no matter how many panels, only counts as the extra points once c:

Cyberkonstruktor wrote:Are interactive stories allowed? Would they earn extra tokens?
Edit: What about animations? (short animated videos with music etc rather than gifs)

you are welcome to format your prompt responses however you would like, they would still only earn the tokens of the word count thought!
animation videos would still count as an animation bonus.

sprite cranberry wrote:are we allowed to edit how the eye looks (not custom inner eye shape) because I can't find a rarity for that, also editing the mouth shape would count as an expression edit right? as in if it was sad looking rather than the ordinary happy one?

if you are changing the way the eye is drawn but is still the standard eye shape then it is just an expression edit, if you are changing the eye shape to say, stars, then it would be rare.
changing the mouth is indeed an expression edit, however please be careful not to edit the muzzle as that is not allowed.

Domino Tricks wrote:I'm not sure if this has been answered before but do you have to buy each trait edit? or is it unlimited traits of the same rarity? Like if I were to get enough tokens to get to common would I only get 1 common trait or could I use as many common traits as I want?

your answer can be found here! please be sure to give all the threads a close read 💜
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Sun Jul 25, 2021 12:59 am

I'm sorry if this was asked already but, the prompt when you first design the kal doesn't count towards the bank stuff right? Like if you wrote 500 words you wouldn't get 5 tokens for it?
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:25 am

APH Siantia wrote:I'm sorry if this was asked already but, the prompt when you first design the kal doesn't count towards the bank stuff right? Like if you wrote 500 words you wouldn't get 5 tokens for it?

Correct, the prompt you first do for your initial kalon design does not earn you tokens. Once it's approved, any prompts you complete after are where you will earn tokens!
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CaptainRon » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:50 pm

sorry just saw in the discord that we are supposed to claim pile designs here??

Username + ID#: CaptainRon +753811
Design being claimed: #1
Do you agree to have the first prompt completed within 48 hours?: yes
CaptainRon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:05 pm

CaptainRon wrote:sorry just saw in the discord that we are supposed to claim pile designs here??

Username + ID#: CaptainRon +753811
Design being claimed: #1
Do you agree to have the first prompt completed within 48 hours?: yes

Your claim has been recorded. Head on over to the design area to finish your claim. ^^
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxycritter » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:52 am

I'm confused about the off-oekaki thing. Can we design the kalon in something like procreate, photoshop, CSP, or SAI? I would use the same lines and transfer them over.
So I do that, and then link it on the main design thread?
This would be awesome because I haven't had the best luck with working with oekaki.
foxycritter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Scourgebane » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:18 pm

Hello! Sorry if this has been asked but, in the case that I want to design my kalon off-oekaki, how should I go about doing so? As in, is there a off-oekaki base of the kalon lines somewhere or something? And where and how should I get them? Because is really complicated for me working with the oekaki.
Imagexx
x
Scourgebane / [He/Him] / Tired

Howdy, y'all! My name's Theo! But you can also can call me Scourge.
Mostly interested in Closed Species and art.

English isn't my native language so I may make mistakes.
I apologize in advance if something I say sounds weird or rude, it isn't my intention.
| ʚɞ
Scourgebane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirit • daydream » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:37 am

hi again so I was wondering, if you write like 1500 words would you only get tokens for the 1000 words or would you get the tokens for the extra 500 too?
Like, If I wrote 1500 would I get 15 tokens? or would I only get 10 tokens in total? I'm just asking because I may go over 1000 when writing anyway so yeah oof
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:44 am

foxycritter wrote:I'm confused about the off-oekaki thing. Can we design the kalon in something like procreate, photoshop, CSP, or SAI? I would use the same lines and transfer them over.
So I do that, and then link it on the main design thread?
This would be awesome because I haven't had the best luck with working with oekaki.

Yes you can design the kalon in another program, and fill out the form on the main design thread with the link to your design.

Canem Morningstar wrote:Hello! Sorry if this has been asked but, in the case that I want to design my kalon off-oekaki, how should I go about doing so? As in, is there a off-oekaki base of the kalon lines somewhere or something? And where and how should I get them? Because is really complicated for me working with the oekaki.

On the front page of the design thread by the off-oekaki form there is a link to the off-oekaki lines, here are the lines, each folder has different pieces so you would need the main base lines and your choice of tail for the standard version of your design. Make sure you use the base that includes the pupils for your standard.

APH Siantia wrote:hi again so I was wondering, if you write like 1500 words would you only get tokens for the 1000 words or would you get the tokens for the extra 500 too?
Like, If I wrote 1500 would I get 15 tokens? or would I only get 10 tokens in total? I'm just asking because I may go over 1000 when writing anyway so yeah oof

You would only get tokens for the 1000 words, so 10 tokens, any words after that would not be counted towards the token total.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maip » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:21 am

I already got approval for my final one rare MYO design, but am I allowed to add more rare edits to it once it got upgraded to the rare tier and I have leftover tokens? it would probably have to get approval again in that case since the new rare trait wasn't on the approved reference.

another question: does every art prompt answer have to include the kalon in the picture? or is it okay to just draw (for example) images of the flora and fauna exclusive to their world?
🎊 march 8th is my birthday!! :D 🎉
that being said, responses will be very slow, especially this evening! still feel free to send over some trades, I love seeing them! :>
maip

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me