questions thread - myo event '21

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: questions thread - myo event '21

Postby wolfpuppies » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 am

I've always been interested in Kalons but haven't joined the community prior due to other group commitments. Would it be possible for me to join in on this event to get into the community or would I have to have been active in the community in other capacities first before I could participate in events?
CS pets, c$, and items for trade!
Shima Longtail, Growing White July, and more are all available!!
Am willing to do art for characters as well ^^
wolfpuppies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Madziu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:13 am

wolfpuppies wrote:I've always been interested in Kalons but haven't joined the community prior due to other group commitments. Would it be possible for me to join in on this event to get into the community or would I have to have been active in the community in other capacities first before I could participate in events?

You are absolutely allowed to join in. Being active in the community or discord is never a pre-requisite to enjoy the species. (Of course we'd love for you to be active and chat with us, but everyone has their own comfort levels ^^ )

.*✦ kirin wrote:I already got approval for my final one rare MYO design, but am I allowed to add more rare edits to it once it got upgraded to the rare tier and I have leftover tokens? it would probably have to get approval again in that case since the new rare trait wasn't on the approved reference.

another question: does every art prompt answer have to include the kalon in the picture? or is it okay to just draw (for example) images of the flora and fauna exclusive to their world?

You will be allowed to add extra rare traits (if you get enough tokens) but the approval of that will happen at the end of the event. We won't be looking at any changes throughout the event after your original myo is approved.
For your second question, the Kalon must be included in the art somehow.
────────────────────────────────

━━━━━( “ 𝑏𝑒 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑙𝑜𝑛𝑒 )━━
I use she/her pronouns.
X-Ray Tech
Feel free to pm me. If I don't respond, good chance
I've forgotten so feel free to spam me. (:
I <3 Canines
Proud Polish-Canadian
Currently reading the Throne of Glass series.

━━━( 𝑏𝑒 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑎𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡 )━━━
My Kalons Bff Auction link ©
━━━( 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑏𝑒 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒆 𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒖𝒈𝒉 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑡𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑜𝑔𝑒𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟 xxxx
xxxxxxx𝑤ℎ𝑒𝑛 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠. ” )━━━━━━━

Madziu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

hi!! i made a design for myself and one for my friend and i have a bit of an issue

both have rare and under edits and while making them, i forgot to save the in between stages

how should i go about this? do i have to completely redo the designs? should we post them with all of the necessary completed stuff instead of just standard?
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:03 am

// my other two q's got answered but ill leave this one up in case anyone else has the same q<3

if we buy a second myo, are we allowed to take a pile claim for that second myo or are pile designs only allowed to be claimed for the one/first myo?
Last edited by xx. on Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkywardtheDragon » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:15 am

If you turn in your tokens for a second MYO, can you do prompts with that one as well? And if so, can you repeat prompts done with the first MYO with the second?
Lights off!

ProtectImagePickles

SkywardtheDragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dewy Feathers » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:08 am

The kalon I got from the pile (design 4) isn’t in the Myo gallery or in the artists gallery. How should I link in in the prompts page?
Dewy Feathers

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ENGLivesAndZERO » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:45 am

My apologies if this question has been asked before ^^;

When it comes to prompts -- are we allowed to do multiple (but only once per MYO(?), and are we able to do them after the initial approval?

For example: In the form, there's a Prompt Response. Does this mean we have to make an entire prompt and put it there, instead of the Development thread? Do we get Tokens for it? Are we able to just put info (outside of an official prompt) for this, in case it doesn't count towards tokens?
ENGLivesAndZERO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:06 am

eldritch horror wrote:hi!! i made a design for myself and one for my friend and i have a bit of an issue

both have rare and under edits and while making them, i forgot to save the in between stages

how should i go about this? do i have to completely redo the designs? should we post them with all of the necessary completed stuff instead of just standard?

You will need a standard version of your MYO in order to gain approval to participate in the event, as well as the desired "end goal" design. It's very highly recommended that you save a copy of the kalon at each rarity tier incase you do not make your token goal for the end of the event and have to downgrade.

xx. wrote:// my other two q's got answered but ill leave this one up in case anyone else has the same q<3

if we buy a second myo, are we allowed to take a pile claim for that second myo or are pile designs only allowed to be claimed for the one/first myo?

Yep that's fine!! Just make sure you post your pile claim on the design thread and follow the rules for claiming pile designs!!

SkywardtheDragon wrote:If you turn in your tokens for a second MYO, can you do prompts with that one as well? And if so, can you repeat prompts done with the first MYO with the second?

You can do prompts with either MYO once they're cleared for participation, but each prompt can only be completed once during the event, regardless of which MYO you use. (e.g. So if you answered "What's your favorite color?" with MYO#1, you can't answer it again with MYO#2)

Dewy Feathers wrote:The kalon I got from the pile (design 4) isn’t in the Myo gallery or in the artists gallery. How should I link in in the prompts page?

You would use the image links found in the post here, and link to the approval message for your initial claim.

ENGLivesAndZERO wrote:My apologies if this question has been asked before ^^;

When it comes to prompts -- are we allowed to do multiple (but only once per MYO(?), and are we able to do them after the initial approval?

For example: In the form, there's a Prompt Response. Does this mean we have to make an entire prompt and put it there, instead of the Development thread? Do we get Tokens for it? Are we able to just put info (outside of an official prompt) for this, in case it doesn't count towards tokens?

Yes, the initial prompt response should be included with your form, as it is used as "payment" for the MYO, so you would not gain tokens for that response. Any prompt responses after the initial one need to be posted on the development thread, and would count for tokens (meeting the required tiers of course). Each prompt can only be completed once during the event, regardless of which MYO you use. (e.g. So if you answered "What's your favorite color?" with MYO#1, you can't answer it again with MYO#2)
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby epilogue » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:09 am

*Starshimmer* wrote:[list][list][size=85]
eldritch horror wrote:hi!! i made a design for myself and one for my friend and i have a bit of an issue

You will need a standard version of your MYO in order to gain approval to participate in the event, as well as the desired "end goal" design. It's very highly recommended that you save a copy of the kalon at each rarity tier incase you do not make your token goal for the end of the event and have to downgrade.

the designs are fully finished and i forgot to save the in between stages, that's what i'm asking about ^^; i'm not quite sure what to do
epilogue

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rosemoon » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:08 pm

If you don't have the in between stages you would unfortunately have to redo the MYO to include those stages in the chance that you're unable to meet your final goal and have to downgrade.
Rosemoon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me