Carolina Shepherd Events & News

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Halloween Event Themes

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:41 am

Thank you for all of your responses to the Halloween Event Themes survey! The final 10 themes for this year are:

Angel/Devil
Demons
Full Moon
Ghost
Nighttime
Skeleton
Spirits
Vampire
Werewolf
Zombie

Keep an eye out for the start of the event between October 15th and October 20th!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Halloween Event is Open!

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:58 am

The Carolina Shepherds Halloween event is now open! The event will run from 10/15 to 10/31.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd Events & News

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:35 am

We are working on our Winter holiday event! Keep your eyes peeled around December 15th!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Fri Feb 11, 2022 4:29 am

We will be doing a small valentine's day event with some special themed adopts and with some breedings that have a chance of the puppies getting amor markings!

For the breedings if the puppies have white markings, merle (not cryptic), flecking, or ticking there will be a 25% chance for them to turn into amor markings! It's a 25% chance for each marking, so if your puppy gets flecking and white markings, then they'll have two chances for the amor modifier. Plan your breedings accordingly!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:10 am

Happy Easter! We are having an egg hunt where each egg you find will get you a raffle entry for one of the special rabbit themed adopts. There are ten different eggs (beautifully designed by Julius525 - thank you!) to find hidden around the Carolina Shepherds pages on chickensmoothie!

Submit the links to the eggs you have found here.

If you don't find all ten eggs don't worry! You will still be entered for the adopts whose eggs you have found. Please note that you can only submit the form once, so please be sure that you've found all ten eggs or you are done searching for the eggs.

As a little bonus we've added some of the trait suggestions everyone had a little while back to this set of adopts too! Hopefully you enjoy the new traits :) They will be available for all dogs moving forward.

The event will end on 4/21 at 1900 eastern time (UTC-4).
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:36 pm

We will be celebrating the first birthday of Carolina Shepherds on July 4th! Can you believe it's been a year already? We have been working on adopts as well as some fun new things for you, so keep your eyes peeled this week and on the 4th!
Last edited by taikunfoo on Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Tue Jul 05, 2022 12:55 pm

Happy 1 year anniversary! Today we have some new special event adopts as well as TWO big announcements:

1) We are releasing two new markings, banded and ridged! Check out the adopts that were posted today to see what they look like!

2) We are releasing achievements as well! There are currently 106 achievements you can try to accomplish, but we'll be adding more.

Thank you for a fantastic year and we'll be looking forward to our summer hiking trip in August for our next event!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby taikunfoo » Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:51 am

After taking your responses into account from our recent poll (thank you so much for your responses!) we have some new updates for you! As of right now we have 3 new customization items and 9 new breeding items available for you in the store. We also sat down and figured out custom prices so those will be available intermittently moving forward. With all of these new items we know you need some more SAR points to work with, so for August and into early September we will be allowing you to convert specific pets and C$ into SAR points! During this time customs will also be available in the store for SAR points as well, but they will be leaving at the end of this conversion event.

Other miscellaneous updates:
Made up a public to-do list so you can see what taikunfoo is working on.
Summer Hiking Trip will begin in approximately 1 week.

FAQs:
What is the conversion rate between SAR points and C$?
The conversion rate is 4 SAR points to 1 C$.

How did you determine the SAR point/C$ prices for each pet?
We consulted the how much is this pet worth in C$ guide and took between the average (if range) and top C$ price mentioned.

What if I don’t agree with the C$/SAR point price for a pet that I want to trade?
Send taikunfoo a pm with the pet and what you think it’s worth - we can negotiate a price from there :)

Will there be other opportunities to convert pets/C$ into SAR points?
No, as of right now there are no plans for future conversions, just this one that runs until early September.

Why are you taking specific pets/C$ to convert into SAR points?
We have approached an artist for their involvement with a secret project to make some additions to our lines! The pets mentioned here are on their wishlist, so we want to have some stockpiled and ready to go as payment when their schedule opens up.

How do I convert a pet on the list to SAR points?
Send taikunfoo a trade with something along the lines of “For Carolina Shepherds SAR Points” in the message. After the trade is accepted your bank will be updated!

I sent you a trade with a pet on the list, but you canceled it! Why?
We only need one of each pet on the list - if someone sends the pet before you their trade will be accepted and the pet(s) removed from the list. This is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so be sure to send your trades in early! I will be updating the list immediately after accepting a trade to try to keep everyone up to date on what we need.
Note - there are a few hoard pets that they want but those will have a count of how many more they want next to the pet (ie x3). These numbers will be updated as we gather pets.

How long will customs for SAR points be in the shop?
They will be available in the shop until early September until we wrap up our fundraising efforts. After that customs will no longer be available for SAR points.

When will USD customs open?
These will become available after we finish our pet fundraising for the artist, likely towards the end of September or October.

I don’t have USD. Can I still buy a custom?
Right now customs are on sale in the bank for SAR points! In the future artists may open customs for specific pets or C$, however this is at their own discretion.

What will the USD/C$ custom prices be?
Common Custom: 2.5 USD // 50 C$
Uncommon Custom: 5 USD // 100 C$
Rare Custom: 10 USD // 200 C$
Very Rare Custom: 20 USD // 400 C$

I bought a custom from the store! Now what?
Please send taikunfoo a message with your design choice :)

Will the artists be focusing on customs instead of adopts and breedings?
No, we are implementing a rule for artists that they must make at least 4 designs before opening custom slots for the month.

I’m having a hard time getting enough SAR points to get the things I want.
We’re doing a number of things to help you get more SAR points! In addition to offering the pet and C$ trade-ins, the summer hiking trip will have boosted SAR points for rewards as well as getting extra SAR points for art and writing about your dogs, and the trail clean-up (currently in progress, hoping to have this out within the next week or two) will provide additional opportunities to get more SAR points.

Can you add this design to my dog with this item?
Possibly. Please discuss this with the artist who designed your dog to see if it’s feasible! Pictures/examples are a huge help for us to understand what you’d like added to your dog.

I have another question that wasn’t answered here.
Please ask your question in our discord channel or send taikunfoo a pm!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Summer Hiking Trip 2022

Postby taikunfoo » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:23 am

Happy summer everyone! This year's hiking trip will run from 8/10 to 8/31. We are climbing a taller mountain this year, but I've added an extra week for us to do so :)

Also a reminder that you are allowed to mark this thread!
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me