Carolina Shepherd Competitions & SAR

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Postby taikunfoo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:14 am

The Blue Ridge Club hosts shows and activities for Carolina Shepherds and also coordinates search and rescue (SAR) activities throughout the Adirondack Mountains. While participation in competitions is not required, it is encouraged.
Entries use a random number generator (RNG) to give a random value to a dog's entry. This determines how well the dog performs and can be modified by traits and toys, treats, or equipment from the store.
Titles were modified from AKC.

How to Play:

1) You need a Carolina Shepherd to participate in conformation and sports activities, however if you do not own one yet OR if you do not have a dog that is ready to participate in SAR you may use one of the club dogs to participate in SAR. You may also use a club dog to participate in Trail Clean-Up if you do not own a Carolina Shepherd yet.

2) If you have not already created a bank account for your winnings, sign up for one here.

3) Fill out the below entry form for each of your dogs or the club dog that you are using. You may write 'Club Dog' in place of a kennel page link if you are using a club dog.

4) Dogs must be health tested prior to being entered in competitions.

Rules:

You may use a club dog to participate in SAR if you do not own a Carolina Shepherd OR if your dog(s) are not ready to participate in SAR (ie they have not passed the test courses yet). You may only use a maximum of one club dog to enter SAR each round until you have a dog that is ready to participate in SAR.

The same club dog may be used by more than one user during the same SAR round.

Club dogs may not be entered in sports or conformation. They are not awarded SAR titles.

You may enter up to 5 of your own dogs in conformation, sports, and SAR each round.

You may only enter ONE dog in trail clean-up each round. If you do not have a Carolina Shepherd of your own you may use a club dog to participate in trail clean-up. Club dogs may not participate in inspiration/injury.

List all traits (both positive and negative) and equipment for each dog.

You may only enter one sport (agility, obedience, or tracking) each round.

Incorrect forms will be skipped and noted at the bottom of the results post.

If a dog does not have previous titles or title bonuses, you may write n/a or none.

If you try to apply an item you do not have in your bank, your entry will be rolled without the item and noted at the bottom of the results post.

Dogs with impairments are restricted from entering some competitions. Check this table to see what sport(s) you can enter your impaired dogs in.

Entry Form:
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Dog's Name & ID#:[/b]
[b]Link to Dog:[/b]
[b]Dog's Gender:[/b]
[b]Dog's Traits:[/b]
[b]Dog's Equipment:[/b]
[b]Dog's Kennel Page:[/b]
[b]Conformation Entry? (Y/N):[/b]
[b]Previous Conformation Awards:[/b]
[b]Sport Entry and Title? (Choose one sport):[/b]
[b]What is the highest title the dog has in that sport?:[/b]
[b]SAR Entry? (Y/N or SAR1/2):[/b]
[b]Title bonuses to SAR (List titles the dog has achieved that provide SAR bonuses):[/b]
[b]Inspiration Bonuses:[/b]

Club Dog SAR Entry Form:
[b]Club Dog SAR Entry[/b]
[b]Dog's Equipment:[/b]

Trail Clean-Up Entry Form:
[b]Trail Clean-Up Entry[/b]
[b]Inspiration/Injury? (Optional):[/b]

Form Explanation and examples

Entry form:
Username:
Write your username

Dog's Name & ID#:
Write your dog's name and ID#. For example, Jester A-0003

Link to Dog:
Link to the dog's adoption page

Dog's Gender:
Dog's gender

Dog's Traits:
List all traits the dog has AND their bonuses. You can find these on the dog's adoption page under the traits section above lineage.

Dog's Equipment:
List any equipment the dog has (ie 1* booties, 1* cooling vest, etc.)

Dog's Kennel Page:
Folks are encouraged to have a kennel page to help organize their dogs and progress in competitions, breedings, equipment, and any art/writing they have for the dog. Provide the link to this page here if you have one.

Conformation Entry? (Y/N):
Do you want to enter your dog in conformation?

Previous Conformation Titles:
If your dog has won any awards previously (best of breed, best of opposite, select male, select female) write these here as well as how many of each title they have. Ie 'Best of Breed x1, Select Male x2'

Sport Entry and Title? (Choose one sport):
What sport do you want to enter and what title are you trying for? For example, 'Tracking' would be the sport and 'TTC2' would be the title.

What is the highest title the dog has in that sport?:
If your dog has previously competed in the sport write the highest title they've achieved. For example if your dog passed TTC1, you would write TTC1 here.

SAR Entry? (Y/N or SAR1/2):
Whether or not you want to enter your dog in SAR or a SAR test course.

Title bonuses to SAR (List titles the dog has achieved that provide SAR bonuses):
Some titles provide bonuses to SAR, if your dog has any of them please list them here.

Inspiration Bonuses:
If you participated in Trail Clean-Up with one of your dogs and they got a bonus list it here with a link to the round or the name of the round they won it in and for how many rounds! If your dog does not have any bonuses leave this blank or put "n/a".

Examples:
Vinson wrote:Username: Vinson
Dog's Name & ID#: Friday Harbor’s Lake Union ‘Lavra’ #A-0022
Link to Dog: here
Dog's Gender: Female
Dog's Traits: fit (+2 to sports and SAR)
Dog's Equipment: none
Dog's Kennel Page: Friday Harbor
Conformation Entry? (Y/N): Yes
Previous Conformation Titles: n/a
Sport Entry and Title? (Choose one sport): Agility | ACT1
What is the highest title the dog has in that sport?: no previous entries
SAR Entry? (Y/N or SAR1/2): SAR1
Title bonuses to SAR (List titles the dog has achieved that provide SAR bonuses): n/a
Inspiration Bonuses: Round 55: +2 to Conformation for 2 rounds

Club Dog SAR Entry:
Username:
Write your username

Dog's Name & ID#:
Write your dog's name and ID#. For example, Scout CD-0003

Link to Dog:

Dog's Traits:
List all traits the dog has AND their bonuses. You can find these on the dog's adoption page under the traits section above lineage.

Dog's Equipment:
List any equipment the dog has (ie 1* booties, 1* cooling vest, etc.)

Examples:
taikunfoo wrote:Club Dog SAR Entry
Username: taikunfoo
Dog's Name & ID#: CD-0001 Duke
Link to Dog: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4591136
Dog's Traits:
Good nose (+2 to Tracking Trials)
Great conformation (+5 to conformation)
Dog's Equipment: 1* Booties (+1 to final score in SAR)

Trail Clean-Up Entry:
Username:
Write your username

Dog's Name & ID#:
Write your dog's name and ID#. For example, Scout CD-0003

Link to Dog:

Dog's Traits:

Inspiration/Injury? (Optional):
Do you want to give you dog the chance to get an inspiration or injury? If yes put yes, if no put no. You can read more about inspiration and injury in the Trail Clean-Up section below.

Examples:
taikunfoo wrote:Trail Clean-Up Entry
Username: taikunfoo
Dog's Name & ID#: CD-0001 Duke
Link to Dog: https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=4591136
Dog's Traits: Good nose (+2 to Tracking Trials), Great conformation (+5 to conformation)
Inspiration/Injury? (Optional): Yes
Last edited by taikunfoo on Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:20 am, edited 19 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Conformation & Sports

Postby taikunfoo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:40 am

Conformation

Each round the top four dogs will be given the following awards:
Best of Breed (1st place)
Best of Opposite (1st place of opposite gender)
Select Male (2nd place male)
Select Female (2nd place female)

Dogs with these awards are given bonus points to their conformation entries.

Conformation Titles:
CM - Certificate of Merit (1 Best of Breed)
CH - Champion (2 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
GCH - Grand Champion (3 Best of Breeds)
GCHB - Grand Champion Bronze (4 Best of Breeds)
GCHS - Grand Champion Silver (5 Best of Breeds) +1 to SAR
GCHG - Grand Champion Gold (8 Best of Breeds)
GCHP - Grand Champion Platinum (10 Best of Breeds) +2 to SAR

Sports

Carolina Dogs have three sports available to participate in Agility, Obedience, and Tracking. A dog may only be entered in one sport each round.

Agility
Agility titles are earned in sequential order. Your dog must have all previous titles to advance to the next round.

Agility Titles:
ACT1 - Agility Test Course 1
ACT2 - Agility Test Course 2
NA - Novice Agility
OA - Open Agility
AX - Agility Excellent
MX - Masters Agility Excellent +1 to SAR
MXB - Masters Bronze Agility
MXS - Masters Silver Agility
MXG - Masters Gold Agility
MXC - Masters Agility Century +1 to SAR
PAD - Premier Agility Dog
AC - Agility Champion +2 to SAR

Obedience
Obedience titles are earned in sequential order. Your dog must have all previous titles to advance to the next round.

Obedience Titles:
OTC1 - Obedience Test Course 1
OTC2 - Obedience Test Course 2
BNO - Beginner Novice Obedience
GNO - Graduate Novice Obedience
ONO - Open Novice Obedience
OCM - Obedience Companion Dog +1 to SAR
OCX - Obedience Companion Dog Excellent
OU - Obedience Utility Dog
OUX - Obedience Utility Dog Excellent
OM - Obedience Master +1 to SAR
OGM - Obedience Grand Master
OC - Obedience Champion +2 to SAR

Tracking
Tracking dog titles are completed from TTC1 to TD. After a dog gets their TD title, they may choose to participate in the Urban Tracking Dog group or the Variable Tracking Dog group. Dogs may complete both groups of titles. To enter TC - Tracking Champion a dog must have both TDU - Tracking Dog Urban and TDV - Tracking Dog Variable titles.

Tracking Titles:
TTC1 - Tracking Test Course 1
TTC2 - Tracking Test Course 2
JT - Junior Tracking Dog
IT - Intermediate Tracking Dog
TD - Tracking Dog

Urban Tracking Dog Group:
JUT - Junior Urban Tracking Dog
IUT - Intermediate Urban Tracking Dog
TDU - Tracking Dog Urban +2 to SAR

Variable Tracking Dog Group:
JVT - Junior Variable Tracking Dog
IVT - Intermediate Variable Tracking Dog
TDV - Tracking Dog Variable +2 to SAR

TC - Tracking Champion +4 to SAR (Requires TDU and TDV titles)
Last edited by taikunfoo on Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Search and Rescue (SAR)

Postby taikunfoo » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:17 am

The Adirondack Club uses their Carolina Shepherds and coordinates with other Carolina Shepherd owners to help find missing hikers throughout the Adirondack Mountains. Dogs must pass two SAR Test Courses (SAR1 and SAR2) before being allowed to participate in SAR activities.

Finding the missing hikers can be a challenge as the weather impacts the dog's performance. There are three weather conditions we have to worry about - temperature, precipitation, and wind. Any bonuses and penalties based on the weather are listed out by coat type when the competition round is opened.

You have a chance to find abandoned dogs during SAR activities. These dogs are given random genes and traits.

The 1st place dog earns 5 SAR points and the 2nd place dog earns 2 SAR points. The top 20% of dogs that have not already earned SAR points will get 1 SAR point.

Temperature
Temperature can fall into one of five different categories: hot, warm, moderate, cool, and cold.
Dogs are affected by the temperature in different ways based on their coat type:
Shorthaired: -10 in hot and cold weather
Feathered: -7.5 in cold weather and -12.5 in hot weather
Longhaired: -5 in warm weather and -15 in hot weather
Maned: -2.5 in warm weather, -12.5 in hot weather, -5 in cold weather
Hairless: -5 in cool weather and -15 in cold weather

Precipitation
Precipitation can fall into one of seven categories depending on the temperature: No precipitation, drizzle, rainy, torrential downpour, light snow, heavy snow, and blizzard.
All dogs are affected the same way regardless of coat type unless they have a trait that modifies the precipitation penalty.
No Precipitation: No penalty
Drizzle: -2
Rainy, Light Snow: -5
Torrential Downpour, Heavy Snow: -10
Blizzard: -15

Wind
Wind can fall into one of three categories: No wind, light breeze, and windy.
All dogs are affected the same way regardless of coat type.
No Wind: No penalty
Light Breeze: +2
Windy: -2

Introduction Courses:
These courses are mandatory to complete before participating in SAR:
SAR1 - SAR Test Course 1
SAR2 - SAR Test Course 2

SAR Titles:
JSAR - Junior SAR Dog (Find 1 missing hiker)
NSAR - Novice SAR Dog (Find 2 missing hikers) +2 to SAR
ISAR - Intermediate SAR Dog (Find 5 missing hikers)
ASAR - Advanced SAR Dog (Find 10 missing hikers) +2 to SAR
XSAR - Excellent SAR Dog (Find 25 missing hikers)
MSAR - Master SAR Dog (Find 50 missing hikers) +5 to SAR
CSAR - Champion SAR Dog (Find 100 missing hikers) +10 to SAR
Last edited by taikunfoo on Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Impairments and Competitions

Postby taikunfoo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:34 am

Impaired dogs can participate in some sports at a penalty depending on the nature of their impairment(s).
Last edited by taikunfoo on Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Trail Clean-Up

Postby taikunfoo » Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:35 am

The Blue Ridge Kennel Club has started hosting trail clean-up days where folks and their Carolina Shepherds clean up trash on a hiking trail. During each competition round you can choose one dog to accompany you on a trail clean-up. While working on the trail you and your dog can find a number of different trash items that can be converted into SAR points as well as some not so trashy items to keep!

There is also an optional bonus/injury system that you can participate in - you do not have to participate if you don't want to! This allows your dog the chance to experience an inspiration while cleaning up the trail so they perform better in their next round of competitions and SAR, or for them to slip up and get hurt. If your dog does feel inspired there is a 70% chance to get a positive bonus for your dog for 1-3 competition rounds. On the other hand, if your dog is 'inspired' to do zoomies through the tangled undergrowth or across a bunch of loose, sharp rocks, there is a 30% chance to get a negative illness or injury that may require treatment and/or for them to sit out of competitions for a round or two while they heal.

Trash Items:
While cleaning up the trail you can find any of the following items:
Broken Glass (10 = 1 SAR Point, common trash item)
Plastic Wrapper (10 = 1 SAR Point, common trash item)
Plastic Bottle (10 = 1 SAR Point, common trash item)
Junk Mail (10 = 1 SAR Point, common trash item)
Bottle Cap (5 = 1 SAR Point, uncommon trash item)
Dog Poop (5 = 1 SAR Point, uncommon trash item)
Plastic Bag (5 = 1 SAR Point, uncommon trash item)
Rusty Metal (5 = 1 SAR Point, uncommon trash item)
Aluminum Can (2 = 1 SAR Point, rare trash item)
Cardboard Box (2 = 1 SAR Point, rare trash item)
Glass Bottle (2 = 1 SAR Point, rare trash item)
Dirty Shoe (1 = 3 SAR Points, very rare trash item)
Trash Pile (1 = 5 SAR Points, very rare trash item)
Random piece of 1, 2, or 3* equipment (very rare)

Inspirations:
+2, +5, or +10 to one sport or conformation, SAR, or all sports and conformation and SAR.
Bonuses last for 1-3 rounds.

Injuries:
Scrape - Treated by bandages, can compete after being treated (common injury)
Upset Stomach - Sit out next competition round (uncommon injury)
Cut - Treated by bandages and sit out next competition round (uncommon injury)
Sprained Paw - Treated by bandages and sit out next two competition rounds (rare injury)
Broken Leg - Treated by cast and sit out next three competition rounds (rare injury)

FAQs:
If my dog gets an inspiration will the bonus apply to all of my dogs for the next competition round(s)?
No, inspiration bonuses just apply to the dog who participated in trail clean-up.

How long do the inspirations last? Is it by the round number or when I participate?
Inspiration bonuses go by the round, not when you participate! If you got a inspiration in round 57 for 2 rounds that inspiration is good for round 58 and round 59. If you miss round 59 and participate in round 60 your inspiration will no longer apply.

Do inspiration bonuses stack? Can a dog have more than one inspiration bonus?
Yes, inspiration bonuses stack and a dog can have multiple inspirations at the same time!

I don't want my dog to get hurt - do I have to participate in inspiration/injury?
No you don't have to at all! It is easy to opt-out of this by saying "no" to the inspiration/injury question in the form.

I said "yes" to participate in inspiration/injury with my dog, but nothing happened?
An inspiration/injury is not guaranteed to occur - this is okay and not in error. It is uncommon for dogs to experience an inspiration or injury while on the trail.

My dog got hurt last round - how do I heal them?
You can purchase and apply items from the bank (bandages, cast) to heal your dog! Keep in mind that some injuries take longer to recover from than others, so be sure to treat them early so they don't have to sit out of competitions for too long!

How do I know when my dog is okay to participate in competitions after being injured?
Your dog has to sit out for the specified number of rounds after being treated for it's injury. For example if during round 60 your dog gets a cut (bandages & sit out next competition round) and you treat your dog by going to the bank and applying bandages to them before round 61 is posted, you can compete in round 62! If you waited until after round 61 is posted to treat your dog with bandages then they have to sit out round 62 but they can compete in round 63! We recommend treating your dog right away so they don't have to sit out for very long :)

I found a bunch of trash items but they keep piling up in my bank? How do I get SAR points out of them?
Post on the bank thread with the trash items you'd like to convert into SAR points! There are a couple of achievements associated with the trash items so we don't automatically convert them for you.

I want to convert these trash items but they don't make up a whole SAR point, can I convert them?
No, you have to wait until the items you convert add up to a whole number. If you have 7 pieces of broken glass you can't convert them into .7 SAR points, but you can convert 5 pieces of broken glass and an aluminum can into 1 SAR point.

I have another question about trail clean-up that wasn't answered here.
Please reach out to us on our discord in the general-help channel and we'd be happy to answer it for you!
Last edited by taikunfoo on Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:07 am, edited 12 times in total.
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:00 am

Reserved
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Reserved

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:01 am

Reserved
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd Competitions & SAR

Postby taikunfoo » Wed Jul 07, 2021 7:06 am

Round 1 is open!
You may enter your dogs in conformation, introductory sports & SAR classes and/or enter a club dog in SAR. If you have any questions about filling out forms please ask them in the discord help channel.

Round 1 will close at 2100 EDT on July 11th.

SAR:
We are looking for one missing hiker!

The current season is: Spring
The current temperature is: Moderate
The current weather is: Cloudy
The current precipitation is: Rainy
The current wind is: Windy
General weather penalty/bonus: -7
taikunfoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Carolina Shepherd Competitions & SAR

Postby cryptpuppy » Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:03 am

Username: Kitsu!
Dog's Name & ID#: God of Beginnings / Helios A0002
Link to Dog: Forum post
Dog's Gender: Male
Dog's Traits:
    - Nimble (+2 to Agility Trials)
    - Sensitive (-5 to SAR when temperature is not moderate
Dog's Equipment: none
Dog's Kennel Page: Helios
Conformation Entry? (Y/N): Yes
Previous Conformation Titles: not applicable
Sport Entry? (Choose one sport): Agility | ACT1
What is the highest title the dog has in that sport?: not applicable
SAR Entry? (Y/N or test course): SAR1
Title bonuses to SAR (List titles the dog has achieved that provide SAR bonuses): Not applicable

Username: Kitsu!
Dog's Name & ID#: Duke CD-0001
Link to Dog: Forum post
Dog's Gender: Male
Dog's Traits:
    -Good nose (+2 to Tracking Trials)
    -Great conformation (+5 to conformation)
Dog's Equipment: 1* Booties (+1 to final score in SAR)
Dog's Kennel Page: Club Dog
Conformation Entry? (Y/N): -
Previous Conformation Titles: not applicable
Sport Entry? (Choose one sport): -
What is the highest title the dog has in that sport?: -
SAR Entry? (Y/N or test course): Yes
Title bonuses to SAR (List titles the dog has achieved that provide SAR bonuses): Not applicable
Last edited by cryptpuppy on Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
cryptpuppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me