AVIDAE - Classes & Activities

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

AVIDAE - Classes & Activities

Postby .lucifer » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:19 pm

[ main ] [ artist search ] [ trading post ] [ discord ] [ activities ] [ bank & archive ] [ shop ] [ genetics guide ] [ starter roller ]
[ breeding roller ]

x x x Welcome to the CLASS GUIDE! x x x

Here, you can see the unique levelling and class system we use for our ARPG, as well as have your Avidae participate in activities, or train for future events!

x x x CLASSES x x x

Avidae are assigned a class by their owner. This class determines the activity they take part in. All classes may train each day and earn a small amount of exp. All classes max out at level 15. Avidae may not switch classes at this time, nor can they multiclass.

The available classes are:
Hunter
Fighter
Caster
Scout

Classes can be interpreted very liberally. A hunter can be any provider of food. A fighter could be a guard, mercenary, or even just experienced with combat. A caster could gain their magic from all sorts of places- from reading tomes and practicing, like traditional wizards, to being gifted with magic from birth, as a sorcerer is, or even being gifted their magic from a higher power, like clerics and warlocks. Scouts can be any forager-like character that explores and brings back items. They could be stealthy and sneaky, like a traditional rouge, or just clumsy, tripping over their own paws and landing nose-first in front of an interesting trinket.

Hunter
Class Type: Support
Level 1 HP: 10
Level 1 DMG: 0
Level 1 Abilities:
Hospitality: You give 1 Ally a morale boost, maxing out their damage. The number of allies you can boost increases by 3 at 5th level, and then again at 10th and 15th level.
Protective Nature: You can use one turn to target an ally and heal them for 5 HP. The HP you heal increases by 5 each time you level up.

Hunters are a support class, offering their allies buffs and heals. As such, instead of having damage at level 1, they receive two abilities rather than just one.

Fighter
Class Type: Tank
Level 1 HP: 20
Level 1 DMG: 10
Level 1 Ability:
Shield: You can use one turn to target an ally and protect them from all damage. The number of allies you can protect increases at 5th level, and then again at 10th and 15th level.

Fighters are a tank class, keeping enemies focus on them and protecting their allies while also doing damage. They give Scouts and Casters opportunities to safely attack the enemy without drawing too much attention.

Caster
Class Type: DPS/Healer
Level 1 HP: 10
Level 1 DMG: 15
Level 1 Ability:
Life Siphon: You can use one turn to target an ally and heal them for half of the damage you would have done. The number of allies you can heal increases at 5th level, and then again at 10th and 15th level.

Casters are mainly a DPS class, but they can also turn their magic towards more benevolent means, forgoing their damage to heal their allies.

Scout
Class Type: DPS
Level 1 HP: 15
Level 1 DMG: 20
Level 1 Ability:
Sneak Attack: You can use one turn to disguise yourself, sneaking behind the enemy and taking it by surprise. This gives your attack an extra 5 damage. This additional damage increases by 10 at 5th level, and then again at 10th and 15th level.

Scouts are a DPS class, taking advantage of the Enemy's focus on the tanks to surprise it with a flurry of blows. They are often in the line of fire, however, and can be taken down if their teammates aren't careful.

Ultimately, an Avid's class is entirely up to their owner's preference, and has no real sway over their characterization. It only affects game mechanics, such as the Avidae's HP and role during events, and which activity they participate in.

x x x ACTIVITIES x x x

Activities:
Hunting
Battling
Casting
Gathering

Activities are repeatable prompt responses that can earn you exp, items, and AP. each class has it's own activity, but the art/writing requirements are the same for each:

For art, the piece must be at least half-body (40% or more of the body in frame) have clean lines and color, and an intermediate background (simple scene, details do not need to be complex, just recognizable as a scene), and, of course, depict the Avidae involved participating in their activities.

For writing, the piece must be at least 500 words, and must focus on the activity it is being submitted for. simply mentioning one character going exploring in an otherwise unrelated writing piece will not count for a scout's gathering prompt. A piece that starts with the character leaving to explore and follows them as they do, however, will very much count!

Hunting is the activity taken on by hunters. In order to fulfil this prompt, show your character finding food, tending to it, or providing it to others.

Battling is the activity taken on by fighters. In order to fulfil this prompt, show your character in a battle of some kind. Remember, though: CS appropriate please!

Casting is the activity taken on by casters. In order to fulfil this prompt, show your character casting a spell of some kind! It can be any spell.

Gathering is the activity taken on by scouts. In order to fulfil this prompt, show your character exploring and/or gathering items in some way.

Training can be undertaken by any Avidae. The Avid will earn 10 EXP for each day it trains. Training can be done once a day per Avid by posting on this thread.

Forms
Use this form to train your Avidae! Only post once per day (PST), please. My posts do not indicate rollover. Rollover is at 12:00AM Pacific Standard Time.
Code: Select all
[b]Training Time![/b]
[b]Avidae:[/b] [url=link]#000 - NAME[/url]
[b]Class:[/b] (here)
[b]Level:[/b] (here)

Use this form to send your Avidae out to do activities. Activities are prompts that have art/writing requirements, as detailed above. Avidae can come home from activities with new items, eggs, EXP and/or AP.
[b]The Real Deal![/b]
[b]Class:[/b] (here)
[b]Activity:[/b] (here)
[b]Art/Writing:[/b] (here)

x x x CLASS ASSIGNMENTS x x x

Use this form to assign your AVIDAE a class! Classes cannot be changed at this time. An Avidae must have a Class to begin earning EXP and levelling up.

[b]A New Challenger Approaches![/b]
[b]Class:[/b] (Hunter, Fighter, Caster, or Scout)

For each level, an Avidae must earn EXP equal to 100 times their current level. Level 1 to level 2 takes 100 EXP, but level 2 to level 3 takes 200 EXP, etc. The table below shows the EXP total needed to get to each level. The number shown in the table is the total EXP overall that the Avid needs (i.e. an Avid does not need to earn 1100 EXP during level 4 to become level 5, it just needs 1100 EXP total).

Last edited by .lucifer on Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: AVIDAE - Classes & Activities

Postby Sleepytally » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:19 am

Avidae: #008 - Milo
Class: Fighter
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
🌿

Tally | She/They

pfp by pinterest art by
ipphie

🍄

🌹 th
🍂 pokefarm
🌻 Sleepy Wermville
🌱 wolvden
🌺 sweetens
🪴 discord:
Sleepytally#1109

▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
▐▌
Sleepytally

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beebun » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:30 am

Avidae: #005 - sunflame that blooms with the midnight // sunflame
Class: scout
beebun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wolfpack12 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:47 am

Avidae: #004 - Sigil
Class: Scout
wolfpack12

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Yellow Rabbit » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:33 am

Avidae: #002 - Naamah
Class: Scout
★ ★ ★
I edit my messages a lot because I often don't have the braincell to properly word my thoughts in english. sorry about that.
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Character sales
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Toyhou.seArtfightFlightRising
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Successful C$ TradesHorror's listPopular item valuePet and litter names

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

The Yellow Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:23 am

@DaniCalifornia, @Sleepytally, @beebun, @wolfpack12, @WilsonHiggsbury - Each of Your Avidae's classes have now been chosen! For picking their class, each Avidae earned 100 experience points, and they are now Level 1! Your Avidae may now train in their class, as well as participate in their respective activities; For Enya and Milo, that is Battling, while for Sunflame, Sigil, and Naamah, it is Gathering.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .lucifer » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:48 am

@DaniCalifornia - Your Avid returns from training! They've earned 20exp, and their mentor gifted them: Quickstem Root
Quickstem Root: An energizing herb that can give one Avidae a heightened chance to dodge the next attack against them.
.lucifer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:17 pm

sun !! he/they — adult awst cs th
art queueicon cred