Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Readopt Page

Postby ❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌ » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:31 am

mark
❌ DYNAMIGHT ❌

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Forestwalking » Sat Jul 31, 2021 9:11 am

Username: Alex.
Cat Name: Shademint
Clan: ShotClan
Kitty trying out for: #820
Prompt: Shademint's favorite green thing is moss. They like crafting and decorating things. Usually, they're little places they've prettied up. Like dens, clan camps, and so on. They often do it in exchange for food or herbs as well (usually for clanmates, but they don't mind being invited in to decorate for another clan). They don't always use moss, though. Sticks, stones, bones, and other small plants are also used. But moss is their personal favorite.

------------------------------

Username: Alex
Cat Name: Sunskip
Kitty trying out for: #795b
Prompt: Sunskip enjoys doing small things to help her clanmembers. Oftentimes, it's giving them freshkill, but sometimes, she goes out and picks flowers and gifts them all to her clanmates. Other times, she finds objects laying around that she takes and gifts them to the cats she thinks would like them, She's also known to just be a very happy and positive person who can light up the room. Her presence or just stopping to chat with her can make someone's day, really.

Cat Name: Skypool
Kitty trying out for: #950
Prompt: Panic set in for Skypool as she realized she was far, far away from camp. She had gotten separated from Shotluck after he claimed to have found something and would be right back just for him to accidentally leave her behind. She only recently joined this clan after the last abandoned her on purpose. She didn't know where anything was yet...

She scrambled to try to find Shotluck and find the clan as well. Running about, just trying to find a sign of this new clan. Something, anything...she was terrified that Shotluck just abandoned her and that this was planned like last time. Tears filled her eyes as she remembered what happened last time...she didn't want this to happen again. Anything but this...! she thought.

By sheer luck, after what felt like hours, she came across the camp. Shotluck was indeed there; he had given up on finding the prey and started heading back.

"Why did you leave me like this!?" Skypool demanded, spooking Shotluck a little. "What?" he replied. He forgot that he left her by mistake.

"You did!" she insisted, "you left me to die out there!"

"Why would I? What would be the point in it?"

"T-the others did! Why wouldn't you?"

"I just...I think I just forgot to go back for ya." Shotluck didn't seem to take this that seriously. "That happens sometimes."

"That happens? That happens?! What do you mean 'that happens'?! I could have died out there!"

"You found your way back, didn't you?"

That was the final straw for her. She tried holding her tears back and leaving for the dens, Shotluck just watching her leave. She curled up in her nest, grateful that she is back here and safe, not abandoned, but then angry at Shotluck for not caring to remember that she was left behind...but, this couldn't be the last time this could happen here either...

Cat Name: Birdwatcher
Kitty trying out for: #825
Prompt: She feels hatred towards them. A grudge, really. Birdwatcher was once a kittypet herself, actually. But she just feels anger towards her past due to what happened: they left one day and never returned. Simple as that. She was left without a home for a while. For several nights, she struggled to find a safe place to rest at night. But, luckily, a warrior from ShotClan managed to find her and take her in. Things could have gone a lot, lot worse. A part of her misses her old life, but if twolegs aren't reliable as clancats, why stay? If they could leave at any moment and never come back, why stay?

Username: Alex
Cat Name: Mousespice
Kitty trying out for: #658
Prompt: Mousespice is a self-proclaimed chef. She will often find ways to, as she was named after, spice up pieces of freshkill. Often taking extra herbs she has laying around and trying to combine them with prey. It's one of her favorite ways to get cats to eat herbs and just a fun thing to experiment with. She usually stashes freshkill in her den just for the purpose of using it in dishes of hers. Usually, her meals are just her stuffing herbs inside of the prey and serve it that way, but on rare occasions, she wanders to this one twoleg's yard. They often start campfires for their entertainment. Mousespice takes this as a chance to try cooking prey as well; carefully placing the freshkill near the first to heat it up a bit before taking it out and then rushing back to camp to give it to the cat she wishes to serve. Although, this is still just her hobby. She doesn't do much else than experiment, making cats eat herbs, and as a nice surprise for others.

Cat Name: Oakwish
Kitty trying out for: #843
Prompt: A small fox skull he found as an apprentice. The skull couldn't have been from a fox any older than a few weeks old. On Oakwish's first time hunting, he found it in the grass. He took it back with him and decided to keep it as a keepsake. He likes to think it perhaps brings him luck, but at the same time, he thinks its nothing more than just a keepsake from his first hunt.
I will take all of your unwanted items!
(Ignore wishlist in this case!)

Forestwalk | They/Them | Plural (Endogenic) | Adult
Forestwalking

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ToraOkami303 » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 am

Username: ToraOkami303
Cat Name: Snowpelt
Clan:Eagle Camp
Prompt:
Snowpelt's first instinct when he gets lost is to climb up, if he can get a better view of where he is he can usually figure out where he is. If that fails he and his Sister, Tigerpelt, have a call they can signal each other with. Assuming she is close enough to hear him she will call back and he can follow the sound to her, usually back into familiar territory. If even that fails he will hunker down where he is, no point in getting lost even further by wandering around. Usually waiting a while the clan will move to find him, the veil walkers chirping out signals from nearby mushroom patches for as long as they safely can to give the lost cat a chance to make their way to the veil walker and together through the veil back to camp.

Embarrassingly he gets lost quite frequently and is the leading cause of many of these procedures being created in the first place. He tries his hardest not to get lost but often he gets distracted following the scent of this herb or that prey that he gets completely turned around and wanders off into the forest outside the territory. Once he wandered so deeply into the forest it took several days of tireless searching to find him, Specklestar was not amused with the wayward apprentice.

(229/600)

---
Cat Name: Roll
Clan:Flora Isle
Kitty trying out for: #842
Prompt:
Roll's best friend is Rock! He's so super chill you could pick him up and hold him aloft and he wouldn't mind at all! He's so chill he's basically a liquid, laying half sprawled out of anything he's laying in. He is so chill he doesn't mind when Roll bowls him over trying to get to the food dishes first. He's also super good at cheering! He yells the loudest of all during surf competitions to cheer their twoleg and Charcoal on. Dave once said he could hear Rock cheering all the way from home, even Morticia complained about how loud it was and she's going deaf.

(107/300)

---
Cat Name: Charcoal
Clan:Flora Isle
Prompt:
Charcoal's favorite green thing is her twoleg's Green with Palm Trees painted on surfing board. She absolutely loves the pretty shiny board, but her favorite part of the board is actually getting to go out surfing with her twoleg! Sometimes even during competitions he'll let her hop on the board with him and ride the waves! The green of the board is a perfect match for the green of her eyes, making it a match made in heaven.

(78/200)

---
Cat Name: Graywing
Clan:Eagle Camp
Kitty trying out for: #1215
Prompt:
Graywing would be a Mourning Dove because his meow is incredibly sad sounding. He always sounds like he's mourning something, even when he's actually quite happy and celebrating his meow has the most haunting tone. He's thankfully pretty good humored about the comparison, and does sometimes sing sad songs to move the clan to tears. His job is to sing lost clan members to Starclan, since it's said that cats with stars for eyes can communicate with Starclan. His mournful sounding voice just adding to that belief, as it sounds like it is already partway to Starclan.

(97/150)
Identity Soup, Genderfluid. My Toyhouse.
Token Design Shop || C$ Design Shop || 100 Gen Challenge || Gacha Doodles || 5c$ Gacha Beans
---
Artist For: Magic Falconry Academy || Galactipups
---
Trackers: All Storkverse | Storkies | MFA | Littlehearts | Vargs | Fairytales
---
Moonlight is Grazing
---
Please be patient with me on Oekaki. My tablet only half gets along with it so I tend to use both mouse and tablet now.
ToraOkami303

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wildsight » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:47 am

Username: wildsight
      Cat Name: shatteredquartz
      Clan: sunclan
      Prompt:
      "By the mighty paw of Altan, you're the stupidest cat I've ever met. Well, perhaps not...but you've gotten yourself into trouble yet again." Shatteredquartz mumbled to himself, as he slowly rose to his paws. There'd been some heated conversations going on back at camp, thus he left before he had a chance to snap. He'd run off, though had done so at a horrible time. The wind whipped things about, merely growing stronger and stronger. Perhaps he'd ignored the signs on purpose, maybe he hadn't recognized them quickly enough? Whatever the reason, the tom had got caught in a sand storm and in a rush to find shelter, lost his way. Now as he rose to his paws, shaking off sand from his pelt, this finally began to sink in.
      XXXXThe night was quickly fading toward dawn, which meant even more danger would be upon him soon enough. His gaze flickered about wildly, starting to grow anxious. **"Relax. Do as you were taught."** He murmured to himself, shaking out his pelt one last time. The tom then padded off to locate shelter, eventually finding a small hole he could climb into and wait. As the darkness was banished until later that day, the rosetted tom slinked out of his hiding spot and glanced skyward, looking for the exact direction of the sun. There. The tom quickly turned toward the rising sun, and headed east.
      XXXXBy now, the clan would know of his disappearance. There was no way he'd make it to the Stones before sunhigh. Already the tom was growing tired from being up for so long, the heat making it even worse. Not to mention the predators that seemed to lurk too close for comfort, even while armed with weapons, Shatteredquartz couldn't help but feel a tad anxious. Occasionally, he'd stop a few times to rest or find water, but before long he was up and at it again. Ears held back against his head, the rosetted feline reached the Stones. It was a vast area that held plenty of stones, which were carried over the sand by the wind on occasions. In the middle sat Alltan's Claw, a large, jagged stone. Scrambling upon it, he turned slightly away from the sun, which was now falling toward the west. Once he felt its warmth upon his side, he awaited a breeze. Waiting. Waiting. He inhaled deeply, anticipation beginning to ebb at him. Altan please.
      XXXXAlas, a breeze ruffled his pelt. Finally. Raising his head, the tom inhaled deeply, before letting out a loud wail, the cry being carried about by the wind. He continued to do so, though his energy was quickly fading. He could probably manage his way back had it not been for the water that laid ahead, he was much too exhausted to try and swim across. Once the wind had died down, all Shatteredquartz could do was wait. And he did so. What seemed like hours went by, the night drawing ever so closer, as the chill began to seep into his bones. And then he heard the call. A hoot. Once, twice. The rescue patrol was nearing. Raising his head, he let out a cry again. The owl reached him, circling back and leading the patrol toward him. "At last, Shatteredquartz. You're alive." The patrol leader said to him. "Quite. Though I'm not too sure of how much longer if we keep standing here." He replied, as he sprung down from the stone. Finally, he was safe, back with the clan once more. (590/600)

Cat Name: ravensoar
      Prompt:

Ravensoar has merely heard about the creatures that walk upon two legs and harbored flat faces, those who they originally lived among. He believes them to be nothing more than creatures of little intelligence, despite them building their previous home and the temple they now shelter in, they were their own downfall. Weak, he calls them, due to the fact they've seemed to have vanished without a trace, while they, the felines, have survived since then and through an entire second war.

When it comes to those who lived with the creatures mentioned above, Ravensoar doubts they were much better. He views them with little intelligence, since they were obviously dumb enough to live with those who brought their downfall upon themselves, though does give them credit that they managed to survive, since they were their ancestors. However, the bloodline still runs through their enemies, which is something he isn't too fond of and will constantly bring it up in their hearing. (162/200)

Cat Name: emberfleck
      Prompt:

Emberfleck can typically be found creating things, however, she is quite fond of coming up with stories. She sees it as doing two things in one, since Sunclan doesn't use words, when it comes to writing, they use pictures. Emberfleck loves to create these pictures to tell various stories to those around her, two of her favorite things which can easily be merged into one. (65/200)

Cat Name: harebound
      Prompt:

Harebound's best friend is - surprisingly - a hare. The tom stumbled upon the lad during a hunting session as an apprentice, the young hare had been injured and was struggling to make it to a safe place. Harebound, who was Harepaw at the time, managed to nudge the hare along to a nearby hole, before returning to his mentor. Since then, the tom took his time to care for it and in return, the hare taught Harebound his greatest talent - speed. The two often race against each other and bring each other gifts, thus Harebound doesn't eat anything resembling a hare, though the reason behind this is generally unknown to the clan. (111/300)

Cat Name: sunnypond
      Prompt:

When others are down, Sunnypond often showers them with gifts. It doesn't matter who they are and if she even has a connection toward them, she'll take her time to find anything among the territory for them. Whether that be a pretty stone, a weird looking stick, a song or just a nice meal, she'll do it for them. At times, she goes over the top and does quite a few things for said cat, which can quickly become overwhelming, but in the end, she means well. (87/250)
wildsight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flatterina » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:59 am

Username: Flatterina
Clan: https://toyhou.se/Flatterina/characters/folder:1896332

Cat Name: Rhisa
Prompt:
Rhisa owes kitty pets and humans their life, though they would never admit it if they were asked by a fellow angel. Orphaned at a young age, they survived in the city by sharing food with those the Choir now looked down upon, more than once having to purr and and be pet and held by a human to be fed a few scraps. And though they would never go back, life as a rogue in the city hadn’t been so bad. They knew the others would never understand, so they tell the story differently in the Choir, describing tales of hunting for survival and stealing what they couldn’t catch, but deep inside them there’s still a connection to the kitty pets and the humans, tethering them to the city.

Cat Name: Meska
Prompt:
Meska collects insect wings, the prettier the better. In her collection she has the wings of a delicate dragonfly, of a colourful butterfly, of a busy little bee, of a moth that once stalked the night, and so many others. Whenever she encounters a deceased insect while patrolling, hunting, going for a walk, or simply roaming the camp, she ever so carefully separates the wings from its body, cleans them, and preserves them in clear amber. Her collection is so large and so splendid to look at that the kits clamour to see it and the other cats bring her pretty wings they find in exchange for her to get the most beautiful of her specimen out and let them admire them. During the day, she stashed them between the ferns and the moss and the feathers that make up her nest, and during the night, she gets a select few out, turning them over and over in her paws until she falls asleep, dreaming of soaring through the air, borne by shimmering wings.

Cat Name: Nikola
Prompt:
Niko can’t deal well with other cats. They say he’s strange and reclusive, he says they talk too much and overwhelm him. So he keeps to himself, relishing instead the silence of the woods far from the camp, where he can wander in peace, and think about all the ideas that are in his head that he can never talk to others about because they don’t understand. He doesn’t mind that, though, because he’s always kept himself company, and he’s never needed friends.
Until he stumbled upon her.
He was on his way to his favourite tree stump that heated up nicely when the sun hit it just so, when he heard wings beating high up high over his head. His gaze flew upward, and he spotted a white dove sitting on a branch, her head cocked. “Hey”, he meowed, blinking at her.
She cooed, descending down to him to sit on lower branch, closer to him, and he bowed his head. The thought of trying to catch her crossed his mind briefly, but he discarded it as soon as it came to him. She was beautiful and in her eyes shone a kind of intelligence, a trait that he hadn’t noticed in any doves before. As he looked at her and she looked at him, he, for the first time, felt understood. And as he continued walking towards his spot, the dove followed, staying close to him.
By now, it has become a ritual for them. Whenever his duties allow, he ventures out towards their spot, and she waits there for him, looking at him with her understanding eyes, and he tells her about the mess in his head, all the ideas bursting from him, and about the other cats who could never see what he sees, and she understands.

Cat Name: Chressa
Prompt:
Chressa’s soulmate always brought her daisies. When she was sad, when she was angry, or just for no reason at all, Mora had always brought her daisies to cheer her up or to brighten her day a little bit. Mora had joined the Goddesses a few seasons ago to hunt with them amongst the stars, but Chressa had kept up her tradition. Whenever she saw a cat of the Choir down, she dashed over to her secret stash of dried daisy flowers and gave one to the cat in question. Sometimes she just left one on their nests, waiting for the cats to find them while hiding just out of sight with a mischievous glimmer in her eye. At first the others had been perplexed, but after she had been doing it for a season or two, they had gotten used to it, and Chressa had even found a few petals woven into the nests of fellow angels.

Cat Name: Narciss
Prompt: Narciss' favourite green things are his own eyes. Ever since he's first seen himself in a puddle of water after a storm as a young acolyte, he's been obsessed with them. There's never been anything quite as captivating as those green oceans he could get himself lost in for hours. Narciss doesn't understand how other cats don't gasp in reverence when they look into his eyes, and how they can tear their gaze away.
Writing Commissions -- Examples
Physical / Personality Descriptions, Histories, Prompts, Short Stories, etc.
Any Genre -- Any Length
Flatterina

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cujo. » Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:56 am

Username: cujo.
    Cat Name: wisteriacloud
    Clan: agaric clan
    Kitty trying out for: #1215
    Prompt:
      if wisteriacloud was a bird, they’d be a pied (willy) wagtail! when they were a kittypet, a pair nested in the garden, and wisteria would get comfortable and watch them for hours - they’re their favourite birds, too, and they refuse to catch any. wisteria just loves how pretty their patterns are - a mix of grey, black and white - and their very long tail feathers. but their favourite thing is watching wagtails walk on the ground - they ‘wag’ their tail and it’s adorable watching them bop as they rush around, they’re rather speedy little birds!. wisteriacloud has a bouncy stride that’s slightly reminiscent of the wagtail’s wagging tail, and is often rushing about much like wagtails, too! they enjoy climbing to find good nap spots and rely on their tail to help them balance, similar to how the wagtail relies on their tail to flush out insects!
      [150/150]

Cat Name: cinna >> fogwatcher
    Prompt:
      “ciiinna.” cinna curled tighter up on top of the kitchen cupboards. she liked the children, she did. but sometimes she just wanted to rest and they always wanted to play - they weren’t even content to let her sleep in their laps! she preferred the oldest child, who let her sleep on their bed and knew exactly the right places to scritch to make her purr. but they’d left - for something called college. and the younger children seemed to be even clingier in their absence. or maybe she was just easier to find now that Her human’s door didn’t lock, given they weren’t in it.

“let’s bring cinna while we’re visiting emery!” cinna’s ear twitched, unfurling and wriggling on their belly to peer down at the children, two big blue eyes in the gloom to anyone looking up. emery? that was Her human! oh yes, yes, she’d love to go see emery! maybe seeing her would make them want to come home? she missed them rather terribly. jumping down from the top of the cupboards, cinna worked her way around the children’s legs, meowing. one of them giggled. “see? i told you she’d be excited! ma and da will never even know!” cinna was too busy chirping to notice the anxiety and doubt on the other child’s face.

a few days later and cinna allowed herself to be wrapped up in an old hoodie and bundled into the car. oh no. she hated the car. it made her stomach feel all wobbly and sick. whichever of the children was holding her was holding her much too tight. it’d be worth it though, to see emery. she was sure of it. she tried to sleep, and she managed it ... until a great bang and a jolt woke her up. "we're okay kids!" one of the adults called back, "i'll just get out and talk to the other driver." but cinna didn't feel alright. the car was dangerous! with a yowl, her claws came out and she was pushed off the lap she was in with a pained shriek. she'd feel bad later. right now, she wanted to get Out. to go home and sleep on emery's bed and hope they'd come back and visit soon. the driver's side door was left open where one of the children's parent had got out, and as the other one cried out her name in shock and tried to grab her, cinna jumped out and ran blindly into the forest that seemed similar to the one she looked out the window at everyday.

little did cinna know at the time, this wasn't the forest her humans sometimes walked her on a lead through. that was miles away from where she had escaped the car. but she realised later, when she recognised none of the scents, and couldn't find her way home. shivering and miserable, she curled up into a ball and tried to keep warm. she was awoken the next morning by a few careful bats of a paw around the ears, and despite jumping rather badly, calmed down when she saw that mothstar meant no harm. the other cat invited her back to their home - their 'camp' for some warmth and food.

mothstar offered to help her find their way home. and as the moons passed and cinna still found themselves far from their human home ... they began to feel more and more at home in agaric clan. it was still a surprise to mothstar when she asked for a warrior name. fogwatcher ... was finally Home. in agaric clan.

[600/600]

Cat Name: beetlenose
    Prompt:
      beetlenose … struggles. when it comes to humans and kittypets. she had a rough start in life, born in a house with many, many, Many other cats. Her … human, if you must call the person that, would just throw food in various spots and allow the cats to squabble among themselves. beetle often went hungry. when more humans arrived, beetle tried to hide - nobody ever came to the house before. Beetle had no idea the humans were there to help them, and became fearful as she heard the others being caught. her hiding spot was quickly found and she was put into a cage, alongside with all of her fellow cats that had been captured so far. terrified out of her mind, beetle managed to break out of the cage the humans thought would hold her, and ran. she eventually found her way to agaric clan. beetle prefers to stay close to camp and deep in the woods, far far away from any humans and where she can easily hear them coming; as they tend to be very loud. she’s terrified of humans, and feels that kittypets are trapped even if they haven’t realised it yet.

[197/200]

Cat Name: sootleaf
    Prompt:
      sootleaf’s favourite green thing is: a tennis ball! ne stole it from a human garden when ne was younger. it was a little covered it dog slobber back then, put it’s nothing rubbing it in some moss didn’t fix. when ne is stuck trying to think of the best way to treat a cat’s illness, ne bats the tennis ball around to sinks nir claws into it and bats at it with nir backfeet. ne also brings it over to the nursery sometimes and lets them enjoy playing with the ball. ne plans on trying to steal a few more from gardens so ne can keep nirs but still let the kits of the clans enjoy having a fun ball, as ne often feels bad when ne takes it back.
      operation: tennis ball stealing is a go!
      [137/200]

Cat Name: owlpelt
    Prompt:
      perhaps the single most important item that owlpelt keeps in his collection of odds and ends is: an old hat. it’s a fedora - but owlpelt doesn’t know that. he just knows it’s a hat. it’s the hat that his old owner used to wear. unlike some of the members of agaric clan, owlpelt had good experiences with humans. in fact, if his dear old owner hadn’t passed away, owlpelt would probably still very happily be a housecat - or a kittypet if that’s your preferred way to put it. his owner - companion, as owlpelt prefers - was fond of an old tv show called ‘kojak’ - which owlpelt only really knows because he was named after it. owlpelt would spend hours some days curled up in his companion’s lap purring away as the telly played the show.

his companion, much like the main character of the show, gave up smoking for lollipops eventually - and owlpelt loved to bat them around the place when his dear old companion was done with them. he still has a few of them, and after lovingly cleaning them so they’re longer sicky, also keeps them inside the hat, along with his old collar: a beautiful worn leather thing. he has a few other keepsakes from his companion that he managed to steal after his passing - a pocketwatch, an old photograph of the two of them together, the teddy bear his companion gave him when he first brought him home, his favourite mice toys, even an old handkerchief - but the hat is his favourite. it still smells a little like his owl companion, and when owlpelt misses him - which is often, he makes no effort to hide this - he rests his face against it and looks at the photo.

when he was a very small kitten, his companion would put him inside the hat to rest, and it holds many fond memories. his companion was rarely without it on him or near him. his cat on one side and his hat on the other. owlpelt believes his companion will be reincarnated as a cat someday - he was such a lovely, caring man, of course the gods would bestow him the honour of living as a cat. when he does, owlpelt hopes it is in agaric clan, and he can show him how to be a cat.
cujo.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xem » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Username: xem
Cat Name: Stratus
Clan: The Empire
Prompt:

The wind grew cold, the sun falling beneath the horizon. The soft rain brushed away any scents that dared to linger, the world around seeming to blend into one colorless picture. And Stratus was alone. He shouldn’t of strayed so far from his home, his greed for knowledge impairing him so. The stars were his passion, the moon was his passion. He mapped them, tracking their locations night after night. Stratus used his claws to poke holes and indentations in stripped wood, adding dates as well. But sometimes, he became too caught up in his studies to notice any signs of danger. And this time was just like any other. He looked to the stars for guidance, but misty clouds shrouded his view. Now he truly had no idea where he was. He had an innate ability to find his way around, a very special ability at most, but it was only of use during the day. At night, he was essentially as blind as a bat. Stratus began to worry, debating which direction to go, which path to take. Everything seemed the same, he couldn’t even recall which direction he had been walking just a few moments ago! He trembled, cowering in fear as he heard snapping branches in the distance. Soft eyes glowed at him from a few yards away, a white and black flecked owl staring down at him from the trees. Suddenly the owl swooped down, grabbing Stratus’s star maps in his talons before flying off. The tom’s eyes widened, “No! Not my life’s work!” He cried, racing after the flying ravager. His heart thundered in his chest, eyes focused on the low flying bird above. He continued to shout and demand things, wishing he could communicate with animals, as another fellow friend of his was able to do. The owl soon slowed and landed in a tree, continuing to watch Stratus curiously. Before beginning to poke holes with his talons into Stratus’s delicately created maps. “Stop at once you birdbrain! You have no right to destroy my property!” He yowled, causing the bird to take off flying again. The chase continued, before finally the bird gave up, dropping the maps and parting ways. Stratus growled, picking up his possessions before realizing, he was home! Only a few tail lengths away! He hurried along and settled into his resting place for that night, looking in disappointment at his ruined map. He watched the nightly clouds soon begin to fade, the stars becoming visible again. And to his shock, the stars matched up exactly with that the owl had placed down! A soft purr of amusement left his jaws, that silly owl was only trying to help. And now, he was home safe, with a completed star map, all thanks to an intelligent owl.

[467 words]

Cat Name: Ravenbrook
Clan: Cats of the High Mountains
Prompt:

Humans and their non independent cats? I think they’re pathetic! Humans are strange beings on their own, but to get all your needs from one of those odd things? Imagine how boring it is, to live like that. Sitting inside all day, lazing around, getting cold hard food… It sounds miserable. I’m sure any of those cats dependent on humans would prefer a life full of excitement and desire. Heck, even our food has more variety. But I suppose, on those cold days, laying inside a warm place, not having to worry about whether you’ll get a meal or not does sound rather nice. Having no leaders rules to live under? Being safe without the constant fear of predators… I mean, those house cats are truly pathetic! And so are the humans! I would never want to associate with them, not even for the biggest, juiciest hare!

[147 words]

Cat Name: Samira
Clan: The Empire
Prompt:

Samira’s favorite hobby is braiding! She is very articulate with her paws, and spends a lot of time traveling to deliver messages to others. She often visits the old farms with the horses and cows, jumping up on the fences, and even the animals backs! As a cat of the empire, her ability was one of being able to communicate with other species. Conversating with the mares while braiding their manes was just a joyous time! She built up more use in her paws after a while, soon able to weave in flowers and plants wit the braids. The horses liked their tails densely braided, all the better to smack those pesky flys away. The cows liked grass braided into crowns, so they could wear it on their heads, and also use it as a later snack! The farm kittens loved twine braided, so they could scratch at it and rip it apart! Everyone loved braids at the farm, for all sorts of reasons. And Samira loved being creative, always coming up with new ways to incorporate braids into her life. Because a good friendship was like a good braid, connected, interwoven, and tough to break.

[196 words]

┌──────┐

✧ artist
✧ guitarist

th
credit

└──────┘

i love my friends
xem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lovage » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:49 pm

Username: lovage
    Cat Name: embersong
    Clan: fogclan
    Prompt:
    embersong pushed out from the banks of the river and paddled off to neighboring islands as his clanmates called out to him. the waters were too rough for most, but he’s a strong swimmer so his clanmates’ warnings didn’t bother him. from the looks of things, he’s putting himself in harms way, but to him, it’s just an odd hobby of enjoying to freak out his clanmates. to him, it’s just oddly satisfying to say “told you so” after doing a stunt that no normal cat would do. it is something that the clan has gotten used to by now, but the daredevil still enjoys the occasional thing every now and then. as long as he doesn’t worry them too much (especially as a council member), he always have another danger stunt to most but an everyday thing for him brewing his mind to get a good scare done.
    [149/200]

Cat Name: sandpatches
    Prompt:
    to sandpatches, it has to be the marshes of fogclan. she was originally raised by the marsh walkers but moved inland due to flooding and to have a scout apprenticeship. the marshlands house her home, kin, and traditions. it always will be something that she’ll hold with great pride and respect, but for now, she remembers the good times there and how it’ll constantly be her home no matter where she lives.

Cat Name: speckledpear
    Prompt:
    for speckledpear, it has to be remembering the little things about each of her clanmates. every clanmate has something different that they absolutely fawn over. and, no matter what it is, she always goes out of her way to bring whatever this is to a clanmates who may need it. this is usually something small like be bringing them a feather from their favorite bird or sharing a freshkill with them. however, some times it may be hard to find the feather or type of stone a cat may like, but it will always be worth it to just cheer up a gloomy clanmate regardless of what it is. to her, it helps her to prove to her clanmate that she cares for them and wants them to feel like she can lend a shoulder when they need it. so, she finds the little things to be things that help to brighten most cat’s days regardless of how they are feeling. and, by remembering the little things and doing it, she just hopes that this to her clanmates happens when it’s needed.
    [182/250]
lovage

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shiver Hohojiro » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:15 pm

Username: All Along Watchtower
Cat Name: Marblefrost
Clan: Clan of the Sea Breeze
Prompt:
It is a messenger's duty to travel. Sometimes this meant carrying messages from patrols back to camp, but Heatherstar's main intent had always been for them to establish communication with other clans, other cats. Messengers, when they could be spared, were sent out into the world, a beacon to bear the light and knowledge of their clan. Their travels may take them far from their home, but always, always, they return.

This, Marblefrost knows. Perched in the mountains, high above the world, she knows it. But home now feels further away than it ever has.

She runs through the directions in her head. North, south, east, west. The sun rises in the east, sets in the west. The sun overhead is still rising and slightly in the east, which gives her a bit of direction at least. The island was south.

But even as she travels dead south, she wonders: what would she do if the island wasn't directly south?

It's taken days, weeks of travel for her to come as far as she has. Haywing knew how to ride the rails, where they all went, and so she'd thought to give it a try - but now she's hopelessly knotted up, and has no idea where she is. The island could be miles to the east or west, and she'd be none the wiser. Even if she traveled dead south to the coast (for surely she'd reach the coast sometime), what then? Which way should she turn, and what would she do if she was much further down the coast than she'd expected?

Halfway down the mountain, she hatches a plan - or, at least the inklings of one. Perhaps, since she'd ridden the rails here, she could simply ride her way back retrace her steps?

It was a horrible plan, but the best idea she had. Days later, she finally admits defeat as she staggers out of a stopped car, somewhere on the coast but definitely not at her home station. She wanders to the cliffsides at the coast, lays her head at the ledge, and miserably wonders if her clan will send Haywing to find her, or if they'll give her up for lost. She has failed. She has failed as a messenger-

Wait.

A thought hits her suddenly, making her almost giddy, and she races back to the town. It doesn't take long to find the local strays and start gossiping. "Yes," mews one, "There's been some talk of a weird group of cats who settled on an island, oh, a ways down the coast."

"Which way?" Marblefrost asks, near vibrating out of her pelt. The old cat she'd been talking to shrugs.

"Thataway, I guess, to the east, but - hey now! That could be over a week's journey away!"

But Marblefrost doesn't care. A week to a normal cat could be days to a messenger, and right now, the only thing that's important is getting home.

Cat Name: Soren
Clan: The Factory
Prompt:
Soren's best friend is actually his family's pet dog! Despite the usual language barriers, the two learned to understand each other, and while they weren't always the best match behavior-wise, they were still the best friends they could be. There's probably countless pictures on his human's computer (taken from digital camera, never those silly new phone cameras) of the two sleeping side by side in the same bed, eating from the same food dish, the dog trying to climb Soren's cat tree or Soren playing with the dog's toys. There's even pictures of Soren grooming the dog!

Unfortunately, liking Soren did not mean that their best friend was cat-friendly in general - leaving Soren with a dilemma as they try to help the Factory cats. They want their best friend to still be around when the humans return, but... how can they do that while keeping the other cats safe?

Cat Name: Leafbrush
Prompt:
The compass glimmers golden in the light, black face with gold lines and lettering. Leafbrush doesn't understand it, doesn't know what it's for - but they found it, ages ago, when they were a kit. They don't know why they kept it then, but they do say that, every time they've had to make a decision in their life, it seems the arrow always points them in the right direction.

Not everyone in the clan is unfamiliar with compasses. A few recognize it for what it is, and those that do are somewhat confused by Leafbrush's insistence that it led them to the Clan of the Sea Breeze.

After all, compasses only ever point north. The clan is in the south.

Cat Name: Precious
Clan: The Factory
Kitty trying out for: #823
Prompt:
The silence is deafening.

You can try to avoid it all you wish. You can try to make your own noise to fill the void, but deep down - you always know when it is too quiet.

When a Presence has disappeared.

Precious knows her humans' morning routine. They never wake before 9AM, unless they're preparing for a trip or the phone rings early with one of the little jingles that tells them it's work. They have not been preparing for a trip. There has been no call.

There is silence in their bedroom. Not even breathing.

The day wears on. They don't wake up. They don't join her. They don't make breakfast, they don't feed her, they don't fill the home with their laughter and humming and noise.

Precious forgets that she has no way out until her stomach starts rumbling, late in the evening. The thought that she could very well starve now is not what haunts and scares her throughout the day.

It is the being alone.

Cat Name: Pinepaw
Prompt:
The first apprentice aged cat to the clan, and the apprentice of the clan's informal (though likely soon to be formal) deputy, Ternfeather, Pinepaw feels an enormous pressure on his back to be something good. Which is why, any time he notices a clanmate is down, he'll do whatever he can to cheer them up! His tactics for the how varies from clanmate to clanmate, and he takes note of preference - some ultimately prefer to be left alone, while others just want a comforting presence to snuggle up to them. Some like to have him tell jokes, or do goofy antics to catch their attention and distract them. Some just want someone to talk to, some about their problem and others about something that will take their mind off it. Some cats brighten up just watching him race around trying to help.

"A sweet kitten," they all think. "Let us all hope he does not burn himself out."

Cat Name: Rippleshade
Prompt:
Rippleshade's favorite green thing isn't so much one specific thing as it is - the entirety of the island's forest. He loves it there, the luscious blend of greens interspersed with other colors, the cool shade, the tropical plants, the carpeting of plant matter beneath his paws. It is the place that, more than anywhere else on the island, truly makes him feel like a wild cat, and it's his favorite place to go on hunting patrols whenever possible.
Image____________

__________Image
Princey/Arthur | He/Him | Art Shop

You are yourself. There's no one else you could be.

Sauceclan
| |
Shiver Hohojiro

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 am

All readopts are now closed, winners will be chosen shortly !
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy