Stars V.2 • Birchmist's Readoption Center

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: Stars V.2 • Readopt Page

Postby Swishy & Broken » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:15 am

Flatterina wrote:Username:
Clan link: The Unknown
Name: Briar
Kitty trying out for: cat MYO#011

Username: Vivika
Clan link: Falls of Eden
Name: Sandpaw -> Sandcloud
Kitty trying out for: cat B#030K2
Prompt: moodboard + writing (below)!

“... we’d like to honor the ones who stood by us during their training—determined to find their place. Tonight is their night.”

Sandpaw fidgeted with the grass under her paws, eyes trained on the silver-furred molly in front of her. Silverleaf. The clan’s leader. Her voice was enchanting, like the ebb and flow of the tides. She managed a smile as the leader’s gaze settled on her. It was time.

“I think we all remember Sandpaw’s arrival at Eden… washed up on the shores after the tempest. But the storm couldn’t have washed away that smile.” Silverleaf chuckled. “I think we’ve all come to know her by that smile. That undying optimism.”

Her cheeks warmed. All the attention… the murmurs of agreement, she was hardly used to it. Her first step of adulthood awaited at the end of this ceremony. It was traditional for the clan to say a few words, before the announcement of rank. Before she—

“Interjection!” A bright tail whipped through the air. She’d know that voice anywhere—one of her best friends. “Y’all can remember dear Sandpaw over here by that dazzling smile, but I’ll always remember her as the one who almost poisoned me.” Russetpaw grinned, dipping his head towards her. “Still unsure about the difference between blueberries and nightshade?”

Count it on Russetpaw to lighten the mood.
“Absolutely. But I’ll do my best,” she teased.

“Russetpaw, you absolute buffoon.” A molly stood, swatting Russetpaw playfully. She managed a wry smile. “Sandpaw and I weren’t always great friends. I wasn’t the nicest, Stars, I was horrible... but she never held it against me—always treated me with kindness I didn’t deserve.” Mothpaw’s voice softened, gaze drifting to hers. “Thank you.”

It continued into the late hours of the night, stories traded from the gathered cats beneath the canopy of glowing stars. The first time she snuck out, her first swim, her awful attempt at fishing… namely her embarrassing attempt to revive the fish. Stars, she couldn’t believe they remembered. There were other stories. A tom she’d truly listened to, another she comforted after a brother’s passing…

It left her in a whirlwind. Both breathless from the laughter and humbled with tears.

As the conversation dwindled, a tom stood, amber eyes gentle as they settled on her. “Sandpaw, I’m certain the clan can agree that your presence here is a joy — a gift from the Stars.” His gaze was steady. “Your compassion, kindness and gentleness is something we’ve all witnessed, perhaps the most becoming part of your journey. The healers would be honored to welcome you into their ranks.”

Her throat was dry. It’d come so quickly.
Heart pounding, she nodded. “Thank you.”

“Do you have a name chosen?”

“Sandcloud.” She took a breath in, surveying the gathered cats. “Cloud… for who I hope to become, to be the shade, the refuge… the confidant you all know me to be. And I pledge to serve Eden, my clan and my home, for as long as I live.”

//#500 words + moodboard credits [xxxxxx] <3

These two entries have won the current readopts! Thank you for your entries ^^
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:05 am

thank you so much, swishy! i'm excited to develop this gal further! c:

and congrats, flatterina! <33
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Swishy & Broken » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:39 pm

New cats have been added to this page ! (:
Image Image Image

°°°°°
xxxxx Images Pixabay button Chipakers coding 0Zero0

Currently: Drawing cats
❀ ✿ ❀
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi!
you can call me swishy, i use she/her
pronouns. i work full time at a senior
living facility and live a quiet, content
life with my fiancée and two cats. i
check cs every day, so don't feel shy
about giving me a poke <3 !!

Swishy & Broken
General Helper

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aftonbuilt » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:45 pm

Username: Takura.
Cat Name: Lantern's Light (Lantern for short)
Clan: Grimwood Galleon
Kitty trying out for: #820
Prompt:
“Why are you staring at me?”
The voice from the cat on the other side of the mushrooms snapped him out of his thoughts, and he scrambled to shift his gaze elsewhere. Lantern hadn’t meant to get distracted, but the other cat’s green gaze had locked on him firmly and he was seemingly entranced.
“Oh, sorry.” He cleared his throat. “I was just not expecting someone like you to be over here.”
“I have to be.” Nightshade replied. “Triptych’s orders to patrol to make sure nobody is crossing over.”
“Well I promise I’m not trespassing on purpose, big fella.” Lantern gave a small trill of amusement. “Everyone here knows the mushroom wall is the end of the line.”
Nightshade seemed to accept that response, but Lantern saw something in the other cat’s green gaze that he couldn’t read in time. He almost wanted to ask, with something in his heart tugging him.
“Well, I’ll be taking my leave now.”
Nightshade began to turn away to leave, and Lantern paused. “Will I see you again?”
Nightshade looked back to him. “Maybe, if fate is kind to us.”
He turned and left, and Lantern was left thinking of his vibrant green eyes.

200/200
aftonbuilt

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nightshyne » Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:58 pm

dropping a lil mark, will plonk a form here later <3
nightshyne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Jul 09, 2021 4:03 pm

Username: allynabean
    Cat Name: coalspark
    Clan: moonclan
    Kitty trying out for: #658
    Prompt: [191 words]
    Many of the firestarters of Moonclan have taken up woodburning as a hobby, making decorations for the camp, accessories to wear, or just for fun, for practice. The precision needed with their fire to carve designs and intricate things into chunks of wood is incredibly good practice in control, something firestarters are often in need of.
    Coalspark enjoys the practice well enough, but she's found something she enjoys more. Painting, mixing charcoal with a little bit of water and drawing on the walls of the caves, on small stone tablets she's bargained off the stoneshapers, on pieces of bark and even on other cats' fur, when they'd let her. It's relaxing, and easy in a way that woodburning isnt- no need to use her powers at all, except if the charcoal pile she's collected runs dry.
    She's taken to painting large murals on the walls of the warrior's den, a few others joining her but mostly content to watch her work. She paints her clan, their territory, scenes from stories and tales the Moon Watcher has told them, all in stark black against the greys and browns of the stone walls.

Username: allynabean
    Cat Name: lemondusk
    Clan: moonclan
    Kitty trying out for: #843
    Prompt:
Last edited by allynabean on Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:03 pm

Username: Demonic.Canine.
Cat Name: River’Light
Clan: Cascade’Clan
Kitty trying out for: #950
Prompt:
River’Light had been out doing his favorite thing; fishing! Using his tracking and prediction skills to foresee what places the fish were residing in at what time of day. Getting a little carried away, this tom managed to wander past the territory and into somewhere new. A waterfall! How beautiful! All the fish jumping around; so many to catch! The tom had his eyes locked on one hearty salmon, he was sure to get his crush’s attention with such a catch. As the salmon lunged itself into the air, River'Light leapt right after it without thinking twice. Now having his arms full of the massive, squirming treat- he was now being sucked down into the waterfall. A yowl of fear escaped him as he was thrown from the waters he once knew, now into something completely new.
Thankfully that the salmon was able to break the impact on the now shaken tom, he was quick to escape the waters that seemed to betray him. “This place is so dry and scarce.” He mumbled to himself while catching his breath, looking around with a frown. There is no way back up from where he came; the Warrior would be forced to use some explorer skills he learned from his mentor in his young days. ‘Something about a leaf and a stone..’ River looked about, plucking a bare leaf and digging up a small rock. ‘Right, check the wind’s direction and try to catch the scent of something you know.’ Once applying his teachings, he caught the wind blowing west. Positioning himself to face the wind, he takes a few deep breaths to concentrate. The sound of rushing water and the scent of salt were overwhelming, he would need to see beyond that. After a few moments, River managed to succeed in honing in on the familiar scent of the border, just barely. ‘Good, I need to head this way.” It seems River had forgotten what the stone was for, his mentor scolding him from Starclan herself.
With using the skills given to him in his apprenticeship, River’Light were able to return to camp, sadly empty handed but not empty minded. He would be more cautious in the future about leaping head-on into waterfalls.

- - 372 Words - -
Last edited by Wretched.Felidae on Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Wretched.Felidae » Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:17 am

Username: Demonic.Canine.
Cat Name:
Clan: Zenith
Kitty trying out for: #843
Prompt:
Res with runes
hehe thanks zero i cherish the bracelet <3
Wretched.Felidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ethium » Sat Jul 10, 2021 5:01 am

Username: ethium
      Cat Name: herringpace
      Clan: elmclan
      Prompt:

herringpace moved swiftly, ahead of him was starsight- at least he hoped it was starsight. In the caves north of elmclan, underneath the ancestor's peak and the passage to broken night, were a series of small caves that were far more numerous than elmclan would ever really know. Only starsight really had a scope of the place, and even he was discovering new things everyday. Visibility was low, and herringpace's stamina was even lower, the tom before him set a grueling pace. Herringpace had been sent to assist the ancient tom in a few tasks, at starsight's request, and had complied when his deputy had ordered him off. Herringpace was now here, and before him the old tom seemed to fly through the tunnels without thinking as to where his paws might step. It was a miracle starsight didn't trip over every pebble, unlike herringpace who seemed to be doing just that.

Herringpace rounded a corner, only to find a fork in the road, and starsight nowhere to be found. Panic roared up in his mind, "Starsight?" he called into the soft-edged darkness, but no greeting or warmth returned him. Only the chill of the dark, and the sudden fear that he was now alone.

With this terrible thought in mind, Herringpace struggled to maintain any semblance of calm. Desperately his mind wanted to kick into overdrive, maybe even go back the way he came. Instead the tom chose to pick a path, the left one, and follow to where it led. Surely these tunnels couldn't be endless, there would be an end somewhere and starsight would find him. So he followed the unknown path down, picking his way as best he could (and stumbling his fair share, how the ancient lived down here? herringpace would never understand, he far preferred the smell of earth and green around him to the cold stone and unforgiving darkness) And eventually, he came to a cavern, it seemed open ended, he could spy the tips of stalactites at the edges of his vision, and could see that the walls rose up to meet them, alongside an outcropping to his left. There didn't seem a path to it though, so herringpace chose not to investigate further but move forward to the opposite wall, where another tunnel led out of the cavern. Travelling along that cavern felt like it was never ending, and his previous exhaustion only seemed to worsen the deeper he seemed to go into the caves. He began to call out for starsight, desperate for any sign of life beyond the flutter of bat wings or the crawl of some insect. But it didn't take long for the sudden fear of something he didn't want to call back at him, for him to stop his mewling all together.

herringpace was just about to get up when a large figure lumbered into view. All of his fears seemed to erupt at once when he saw those glowing, animalistic eyes. He nearly leapt out of his skin, but as his eyes adjusted to the large non-cat figure, he discovered that it was perseverance. On perseverance's back lay starsight, with a look that was less than pleased.

"What are you doing all the way over here?" the ancient tom questioned with an irritated lash of his tail, as he scampered off the back of his pale bear companion. "You could have died down here with the direction you were going, come on stupid." the tom nudged his shoulder playfully before leading the way back he'd came. Thank the ancestors.. no more caves for him. (599 words)

Cat Name: wrenpoppy
      Kitty trying out for: #842
      Prompt:

Wrenpoppy's best friend is a snail! The eccentric old molly isn't much of a conversationalist, and despite the fact that she's in the elders den she hardly talks to the other elders (or kits.. for that matter) and so she must make do with where she can find conversation. The snail had been found when she had been out for a walk, and she did her best to gather herbs for it to eat (to the dismay of some of the healers, who chastised her for wasting precious herbs at feeding her little pet) No matter, wrenpoppy could hardly care, her attention was on the little snail, of whom she now began to carry about.

The snail didn't talk, nor did it really react to her. Sometimes it would hide, sometimes it would crawl around. It didn't seem to care that wrenpoppy was there, but that never bothered the old woman. She would talk sweetly to it, gossip with it, even seemed to name it "Huckleberry." she declared one evening, (to the groans of the other elders who were so tired of hearing her incessant babble to it) but despite it's seemingly oblivious nature, wrenpoppy went on to care for it as if it were her own. Her own little friend in a world that seemed to want to move on without her. (223 words)

Cat Name: gracklestalk
      Kitty trying out for: #823
      Prompt:

The tom bristled as he watched the other cats enter the clearing. At witheredcreek's command he had attacked them, but had failed with his lumbering frame. He could feel fear for the first time, as the cats closed in on their leader.

But nothing would compare to the terror he felt watching his beloved, seemingly-immortal leader turn to winks of starlight before disappearing entirely. The cats had done this to him. He stared at the other tom, starsight, he believed he was called, as the tom turned on lupineface and himself. Eyes wide with horror, he took one look at the victorious troop, elmclan's successful warriors, and dashed for the treeline like his tail was on fire. Lupineface disappeared just as easily, it wasn't like her to turn tail and run, but she would slink in the shadows and she would never be seen again. Gracklestalk found that he didn't care.

His leader was dead.
      His cause was dead.
      He was alone again.

Perhaps that was the greatest fear he felt, that sense of loneliness. Up until he had found witheredcreek, and the manipulative tom had offered him a chance at redemption and security, he had let that aching loneliness wash over his feet. Now he felt as if it was drowning him, as if it was sucking him into the tide and it was going to pull him out, out, out until he could feel nothing but the isolation. That was what scared him. Not turning to stardust or dying in battle, but being alone again, truly alone. Before he had found Lupineface and Witheredcreek he had been alone, but had suppressed it, now it was insuppressible. Though he couldn't exactly call his fellow outcasts family, far from it actually he was fairly positive they'd turn and stab him if they had the chance, but at least they were something.

At least he had had something.
      Now he had nothing. And as he raced away from the ruins and the enemies who had won, he had never felt more alone, or more afraid. (344 words)
Last edited by ethium on Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ethium

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SushiFoxx » Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:08 am

Username: SushiFoxx
Cat Name: The frozen lake within (Lake)
Clan: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2328470
Prompt: This kitty is lost what do they do?: Lake would get a bit panicky at first at the thought of being lost. He would then try to gather himself and look for the tallest mountain which would be their home. He would still be nervous and start panicking. Even when he would find his way back home he would still be nervous about it happening again.

Cat Name: The koi in the pond (Koi)
Clan: https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2328470
Kitty trying out for: #658
Prompt: Favorite hobby: Koi loves finding what flowers she can and taking them to the Stone reader to see if they're special in anyway, when they are that always makes her happy and she'll try and find them again. If not, she'll still be happy and keep looking.

Cat Name: The chirping sparrow (sparrow)
Clan:https://toyhou.se/Sushifox/characters/folder:2328470
Kitty trying out for: #1215
Prompt: Sparrow would be, well, a sparrow! A sparrow is often known for being smart and friendly, and thats what her Tribe describes her as!
Lights: Off <3
Hello!
DA
csds!
Discord is ArcticFox#0652 for contact!
Goal; 0/250c$
"You'll miss a opportunity for every chance you don't take"
SushiFoxx

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery