Thimble QnA thread

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Thimble QnA thread

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:23 pm

Do you have a question? ask it here!
all questions are welcomed!

back to the main thread?

Questions asked so far:

Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Thimble QnA thread "playing with friends"

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:30 pm

Why should i play with a friend?
xxxxxxxxxxxx If you decide to play with a friend (of your own choice of course!) the two of you dont need to be writing at the same time! Although you will share a roleplay thread your stories can branch out in different ways, one of you might be gathering resources, while another one is learning how to craft a better table! One of you can distract an enemy while the other one manages to steal their food! Key word:: Palbuddies

How many people can i play with?
xxxxxxxxxxxx While there technically isnt a limit to how many people can be roleplaying the same time, i dont suggest groups over 6 mainfolk. since everything will need to be on one thread there may be some confusion if too many people are writing at the same time! Key word:: Manybuddies

I want to play with my friend, but not for the whole time, what should i do?
xxxxxxxxxxxx You can write as if its a random encounter, leave your house and go exploring, on the way you happen to meet another housefolk. Before you write out your interaction with them, create a new thread (so its not on your mainthread) titled your two usernames with "Thimble interaction" afterwards. Both of you can write your first interaction, then just link it on your mainthread to record if you learn anything with your friend or not! once you two split ways you can go back to your mainthread and continue where you left off! Key word:: tempbuddies

How big of bird species am I allowed to use for my Finchfolk?
xxxxxxxxxxxx I've maxed the bird species size based off of this website and made the limit for bird species sizes a length of 12". This is the length from the tip of the bill and the tip of the tail.
But, even if you cant use the traits of a larger bird, that doesnt mean you cant use the colors! There is no limit to the patterns or colors you decide to use on your finchfolk (or any housefolk!) So even if you cant use a macaw beak, you can still use macaw colors! Key word:: noBigbirds

How long of hair can my Mainfolk have?
xxxxxxxxxxxx The hair should still be considered a "tuft" but the longest it can be is covering one eye. that is without fur-traits added to it. (also i would love to point out, the rats can have extra fur on the back of their head as well, mice cannot unless using fur-traits!) Key word:: flowinglocks

edit: i need to add in if two users want to make a team together later in the game (one user will need to write out moving in)
and/or if two users want to separate a team in the game (one user will need to write out moving out)
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:38 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Thimble QnA thread

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:03 pm

Edits to the starter clothing:: Yes, some edits are allowed to the starter clothing. When starting, you don't have any materials to dye the colors, add patches to cover holes, or to add anything to the clothings. However, you are welcome to add holes, tears, missing pieces and etc.

Lizardfolk Frills like hair:: Lizards can have frills yeah! Well, lizards can have frills even without it being "hair" because of frilled neck lizards. But frills, spines, or spikes are all okay as a hair substitute for lizards. Lizards cant have frills under the arms like squirrels sugar gliders, but flying lizards are definitely a thing, they've got this wide flat frill on their back, and that's an okay lizard to try!

Heterochromia and eye patterns:: there are no limit to the colors or markings you decide to have on your housefolk! whether you decide to have heterochromia, color pupils, a blue nose, or a swirl on your tail is up to you!

The list of "unique" housefolk has been moved to the main four thread
Click here for a temporary shortcut
Last edited by Buzz Aesthetic on Fri Oct 02, 2020 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:08 pm

Khada Jhin wrote:
Questions.

Can my mainfolk be a shrike?
If yes, can my mainfolk shrike sell food(mostly bugs and smaller non-sentient animals, but also small fruits/berries)?

Shrikes store their prey on spikes/thorns, hence the nickname "butcher birds". I feel it would make sense for his character to have a slight surplus of food that he sells/trades.

Yes! Shrike are definitely small enough to be a bird species you can use, even if they are more aggressive then a common house finch in real life haha! As for your food stall idea, I think it sounds great! you are completely welcome to sell food! Its a wonderful idea!
bees are pretty cool
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Cr0wz » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:56 pm

This might be obvious but Crow is a dumb child and doesn't know how to read well (thanks adhd)

how exactly does the foraging and getting items work? Like specifically what (or who?) determines what items we find?

it could be somewhere and I just totally glossed over it, I struggle with big blocks of text rip
ImageCrow| She/They | Ace LesbianImage

Cr0wz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:14 pm

Cr0wz wrote:This might be obvious but Crow is a dumb child and doesn't know how to read well (thanks adhd)

how exactly does the foraging and getting items work? Like specifically what (or who?) determines what items we find?

it could be somewhere and I just totally glossed over it, I struggle with big blocks of text rip

Nope! It's completely alright, I knew what I was in for when I wrote the big blocks - trust me my dad hates it too, that's why I dont mind answering questions!
But to give you some peace of mind, the gathering of items is entirely up to you, I've seen game threads that require you to fill out a form and wait for a response in order to receive a few rare items daily, and 1; I wouldnt be able to keep up with those types of threads due to my real life workload, and 2; it definitely hinders the development in your character & story.

We do expect a level of realism here of course, you wont find new, clean clothes under a leaf in the forest, the chances of you finding someone who wants to give you free things isnt likely (since everybody is trying to survive!) And you dont know how to bend metal into armor right off the bat (let along know how to heat up something that hot??) But if you're "too lucky" our scrollkeepers may ask you to find a different item or add more detail behind finding it (such as more obstacles or enemies you have to face)
Does that make sense?
bees are pretty cool
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lemon Tea Rain » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi! Do English magpies count as a small bird? Everywhere keeps telling me different and I don't know how small we're talking when we're talking finchfolk hihjhjhj. Also is it's alright to do the mainfolk off-oekaki or do I have to find someone to do it on oekaki for me?
Image⦅Lemon⦆Image
◤~ ImageLemon • any • <3! ~ ◥
Image Image Image
◣ ~ ImageFeel free to pm :D~ ◢
Lemon Tea Rain

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Daisyfang Weirdo wrote:Hi! Do English magpies count as a small bird? Everywhere keeps telling me different and I don't know how small we're talking when we're talking finchfolk hihjhjhj. Also is it's alright to do the mainfolk off-oekaki or do I have to find someone to do it on oekaki for me?

English magpies have a 17–18 in length (from beak to tail tip) so no, you wouldnt be able to take species traits from that bird since the maximum is 12" but that doesnt mean you cant use the same colors!

Since it's been asked a lot I've added the question and answer to the qna!
Forum/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=4400514&p=131617118#p131617118
bees are pretty cool
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Buzz Aesthetic » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:31 am

Khada Jhin wrote:
Hello I am back.

Are we allowed to use things like Google Docs to write our stories/store our items as long as they are all linked to in our main thread? Or do they have to be on CS to be considered public/count?

Yes that's allowed as long as the scrollkeepers can still access them and they are linked back to your storage thread!
bees are pretty cool
Buzz Aesthetic

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mythz » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:13 pm

Hello! I just wanted to double check something which I completely forgot about when I submitted my form for the mainfolk! If we make a unique species for our mainfolk, are we allowed to draw them from scratch or do we need to modify one of the bases? And on the mainfolk page it says we're allowed to have one piece of unique clothing, is this just any item/piece of clothing that we would like? <3
Thank you!
Mythz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me