⌂ Datwon Island Exploration Closed! ⌂

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

⌂ Datwon Island Exploration Closed! ⌂

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:00 am

main archive fanclub shop
    event hub customs breeding artist search

Surrounded by fog nearly year round, a sparsely populated island has had groups sent forth to settle the lush, and sometimes harsh, land. With the help of recently discovered natives, adventurers of all types are welcome to come and explore the island, forge friendships with the native people, trade goods and, most worthwhile, find some hardy horses for themselves.

On Datwon Island, there are a host of animals that call the forests, grasslands and even the craggy beach-view cliffs home. But, most treasured among these, are the horses that both roam the island and have been domesticated by the local peoples. There are four types to be found, with one being ever elusive even to those born to the island communities…

Here, you may choose to venture out into one of the three biomes and hopefully come back with something to show for your adventure and exploration! Sometimes people even return with a a new horse of their own, other times a lost item or another. Who knows what you'll find out there on the mostly untouched island!
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:38 am, edited 5 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:01 am

Exploring the island is a great way to earn some extra River Zeeri, the island's currency.
    River Zeeri will only be found if you do not encounter anything on your exploration.
    The numbers resulting in Nothing Found will award 1 River Zeeri. No other occurrence will grant currency.
    Alongside this, you also have a chance to find a genome slip, or another item that can be redeemed for extra rewards.

You may post three times per week; twice on your own, and once with a horse.
    Due to time constraints, you may only post TWICE PER WEEK.
    On top of this, only one wild encounter can be made for the time being.*

These posts can be done on the same day, or spread throughout the week.
    The weekly explorations will reset on Sundays, 0:00 CS Time. Need the time? Look here!

A single user may only encounter one Vun-Toj a month.
    If you have reached this limit, you will be rolled again for another encounter.
    Vun-Toj encountered here can be any rarity from Common to Rare.

Each biome has various rewards, all of which are chosen via RNG with a 1-100 system.
    There is no way to boost your chances for any type.
    Any member of staff may roll your exploration.

Wild horses can be encountered by exploring the island!
    These horses are all common to uncommon colored.
    You may choose to capture the wild horse, or sell the wild horse.
    Once encountered, you can choose sell it to the local herds-master for a small sum.
    When a wild horse has been given to the herds-master, this horse cannot be returned! But he may offer them up for sale later on...
    The herds-master will refuse to purchase any Vun-Toj, and will insist you free it if you do not intend to keep it.

While exploring, you have a chance to find a Lost Item!
    Lost items can be redeemed in the shop, when open, and you will be given compensation in the form of Zeeri for the find.
    Some items have a special genome written on them, but they are scattered about the biomes.
    Each one must be gathered a total of 5 times before it can be redeemed for a Rare Genome of an individual breed.
    These rare genomes cannot be sold to the herds-master, as he will not take them, and they cannot be sold or traded to another player.
    After the horse has been created, you are free to gift, sell or trade to the community as you see fit but HowlingHooves and the archivist must be informed via PM on CS!

Forest;;
    1-19 - Wild Aquell Wamblood
    20-39 - Nothing Found
    40-79 - Wild Boh-Tot
    80-92 - Lost Item
    93-98 - Rune-Covered Horse Bones
    99-100 - Wild Vun-Toj

Grasslands;;
    1-7 - Wild Aquell Wamblood
    8-30 - Wild Dyesdale Draft
    31-44 - nothing found
    45-49 - Rune-Covered Horse Bones
    50-60 - Sun-Bleached Etching
    61-62 - Wild Vun-Toj
    63-89 - Wild Boh-Tot
    90-94 - Messy Diary Page
    95-100 - Lost Item

Sea Cliffs;;
    1-5 - Wild Aquell Warmblood
    6-14 - Wild Dyesdale Draft
    15-30 - Wild Boh-Tot
    31-32 - Wild Vun-Toj
    33-69 - Nothing Found
    70-80 - Messy Diary Page
    81-90 - Water-Logged Manifest Page
    91-94 - Rune-Covered Horse Bones
    95-100 - Lost Item

Item List:
    Water-Logged Manifest - gather five to receive a unique Aquell Warmblood genome.
    Sun-Bleached Etching - gather five to receive a unique Dyesdale Draft genome.
    Messy Diary Page - gather five to receive a unique Boh-Tot genome.
    Rune-Covered Horse Bones - gather three to summon a Vun-Toj spirit; one must be found in each biome.
    xxEach will have a differing description; Mossy, Bleached, Barnacled.

Lost Items:
    Doll- redeem for 3 River Zeeri
    Necklace - redeem for 5 River Zeeri
    Locket - redeem for 5 River Zeeri
    Hunting Knife - redeem for 7 River Zeeri
    Sword - redeem alone for 9 River Zeeri; redeem with Shield to 15 River Zeeri
    Shield - redeem alone for 9 River Zeeri; redeem with Sword for 15 River Zeeri

I'm Exploring Today!
    Username:
    Horse? leave blank if not applicable
    Biome: (Forest, Grassland, Cliffs)

Last edited by HowlingHooves on Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:38 am, edited 14 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Herds-Master

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:01 am

As you wander to the edge of the largest outpost on the island, you see some crudely erected fencing. Following the perimeter as best you can, what with the jungle overtaking some of it, you soon see a sign, as well as a path leading toward a very old looking cabin.

The sign looks to be rather freshly made, with a clear picture of a haltered Aquell bust drawn on the wood.
    Before you can head up to the cabin, or continue with your day, a loud voice startles you out of your decision.

"You here for the horses?" Turning, you see a man approaching, wide in the belly but arms thick with heavy muscle. His clothes are muddy, his boots are worn, and his hair is mussed. He doesn't look like much, if you're being honest, but you've learned that this island holds many secrets in the people who reside on it. He turns his head, shaved chin jutting out before he whistles sharply. And many neighs greet his call, followed by a thundering of feet that seem to shake the very ground you stand upon!

Suddenly there are horses along the fence line, enough milling about that you don't bother to keep track of a number, and they're all waiting to eagerly greet the man. "I'm the Herds-master. Have horses that need a place to go, and I take the ones who aren't needed and give them a place to stay." He tells you, side-eyeing you for a moment as he scratches the nose of particularly demanding Boh-Tot. "This is Mirella. She's always here, so if I'm out you can find her to get me. Always knows where I am, she does."

"So, are you needing me to take someone off your hands?"

If you come across a wild horse but would rather not take them home, the Herds-master is happy to take them in your stead!
    These horses must be given to him instead of claiming!
    Once a horse has been claimed, he will not take it.
    Likewise, once a horse has been given to him, you cannot take it back.

River Zeeri Exchange Rates:
    Aquell Warmblood - +3 River Zeeri
    Dyesdale Draft - +2 River Zeeri
    Boh-Tot - +1 River Zeeri

Common Coat - +2 River Zeeri
    Uncommon Coat - +3 River Zeeri

The max amount you may receive from the herds-master is 6 River Zeeri.
    This would be in the case of an Uncommon Aquell traded.

All horses given to him will be recorded in his logbook, as every so often he holds a gathering of these unclaimed wilds and holds a festival so others may have the chance to take them home! All are most welcome to participate in his small festivals, but they usually last only a few short days at a time. He will announce when he is readying for such a time, so you may prepare.

╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪╪

"You didn't happen to come across any... uh, papers while exploring? Did you? Or maybe some bones?"

If you gather enough specialty items, you can redeem a bundle for a unique encounter!
    These encounters cannot be given back to the Herds-master, as they are much too shy to even appear before him very often.
    All horses redeemed through their respective specialty bundles will have at a minimum of three genes, and will always have at least one Rare tier gene in their make-up. Gene-bombs are capable of being produced!

Possible Traits for each breed are as follows;
    Aquell Warmblood - Pangare, Silver, Sooty, Dominant White, Leopard Appaloosa types (pattern gene), Somatic, Brindle types
    Dyesdale Draft - Pearl, Champagne, Dun, Flaxen, Overo, Dominant White, Birdcatcher Spots, Grease Spots, Somatic, Brindle types
    Boh-Tot - Dun, Pearl, Pangare, Rabicano, Sabino, Dominant White, Grease Spots, Somatic, Brindle types, Manchado

If you have bones to redeem, the Herds-master will gift you with a map.
    You may use this map at any time, regardless of remaining explorations, to find the resting place of a Vun-Toj elder.
    These long-passed elders may be benevolent, or they may not.
    Benevolent spirits give blessings, and will give you their reincarnation; benevolent Vun-Toj always have blue eyes.
    Malevolent spirits give curses, and will give you their reincarnation; malevolent Vun-Toj always have red eyes.

Blessings will award you with a random item upon finding the spirit.
    Curses will give you a one week cooldown from explorations.

To redeem, fill in this form.
    You must link all individual posts stating the item found!
    If you do not do this properly, your form will be denied.
    The Herds-master will generally inform you of why, but repeat offenders will be ignored.

Code: Select all
    [u]Bundle Redemption[/u]
    [b]Username:[/b]
    [b]Item Type:[/b] (bones, manifest, etching or diary page)
    [b]Proof Links:[/b] (you must link all results here!)
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: ⌂ Datwon Island Exploration Open! ⌂

Postby acronymm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:36 am

I'm Exploring Today!
Username: Acronymm
Horse?
Biome: Sea Cliffs

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:59 am

Acronymm wrote:I'm Exploring Today!
    Username: Acronymm
    Horse?
    Biome: Sea Cliffs

As you journeyed along the cliffs, the salty air distracting you for a moment, you were startled to hear a crumbling of stone nearby.
    Looking up, you find yourself a short distance away from a lone Aquell Warmblood!

A Seal Brown Tobiano Mare stares you down with grey-colored eyes. She seems more curious than anything...
    Do you attempt to capture, or let this horse leave?

[b]Claim or Sell:[/b]
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acronymm » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:02 am

Oh awesome! ❤️
Claim or Sell: Claim

about wrote:
hey there!
acro/lyn ▴ she/they
feel free to send me a message, im friendly!
████████████
████████████
━━━━━ 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████

status wrote:
on
and off
doing oekaki things
xxxx♡ ♡

━━━━━━━━━━━━ 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐚
acronymm

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucas tazmily » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:21 am

I'm Exploring Today!
Username: Pufferheart
Horse?
Biome: Grasslands

hi, i'm lucas! i'm an adult who
uses any pronouns. i enjoy
creating art and playing
clarinet & French horn C:

my toyhou.se!
lucas tazmily

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:33 am

Acronymm wrote:Oh awesome! ❤️
    Claim or Sell: Claim

This mare was very happy to follow you home!
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElizaChikatta » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:39 am

I'm Exploring Today!
Username: ElizaChikatta
Horse?
Biome: Sea Cliffs~
ElizaChikatta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:41 am

Pufferheart wrote:I'm Exploring Today!
    Username: Pufferheart
    Horse?
    Biome: Grasslands

As you wander through the warm plains, you stop when you hear a heavy rumbling. Crouching down to conceal yourself better, hoping the occasional breeze doesn't give you away, you peer through the tall grass when something slows down nearby. Heavy hooves come to stop, and you watch as the large Dyesdale Draft bends down to graze, oblivious to you.

A Black Leopard Appaloosa Stallion startles when you stand up cautiously, large blue-colored eyes focused on you intently.
    He's cautious, but doesn't look like he plans to bolt just yet...
    Do you attempt to take this horse home, or sell him to the Herds-master?

ElizaChikatta wrote:I'm Exploring Today!
    Username: ElizaChikatta
    Horse?
    Biome: Sea Cliffs~

As you journeyed along the cliffs, the salty air distracting you for a moment, you were startled to hear a crumbling of stone nearby.
    Looking up, you find yourself a short distance away from a lone Boh-Tot!

A Silver Bay Stallion stares you down with Green-colored eyes. He seems more curious of you than anything.
    Do you attempt to capture, or let this horse leave?

Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me