|| SFA QnA Thread - OPEN TO POSTING ||

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

|| SFA QnA Thread - OPEN TO POSTING ||

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:13 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|| SFA Adopts || SFA Nursery || SFA Genetics Key || SFA Token Shop || SFA Challenge Thread || SFA Archives || SFA Artist Search ||
|| SCS to SFA Transferring || SFA QnA Thread || SFA Fanclub Thread || SFA Discord Server ||

Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:51 am, edited 8 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| SFA QnA Thread - QnA Rules and Form ||

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:35 pm

The rules and form which will make it easier to ask questions on our thread!

QNA RULES -
    ❥ Only ask questions involving SFA.
    ❥ Certain questions involving threads, items, ect. may not be able to be answered. Just a warning in case we state as much.
    ❥ If you have questions about specific adopts, please ask the artist directly rather than asking here.
    ❥ If a question is stated as not having a set answer at the time you ask, you may ask at a later date again. You can repeat this until a set answer is given.
    ❥ If a question has been answered before or involves a rule, a screenshot will be paired with the answer given.
    ❥ All previously answered questions will be listed in the archive on this thread.
    ❥ Give at least 24-48 hours for a question to be answered.

QNA FORM -
Code: Select all
[b]Username -[/b] text
[b]Question -[/b] text

~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

|| SFA QnA Thread - QnA Archive ||

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:38 pm

Questions that have been asked, and their following answers.

BASIC OF THE QUESTION wrote:Q- "exact text of question asked"
    A- "exact text of question's answer"

Q- "should artist entries have collars/harnesses?"
    A- "Artists can chose to include or not to include collars/harnesses in their entries at their leisure! All that is asked is that when you add a collar, that it be separate from the pet's linework and colors."
Q- "Will artists only design cats and dogs, or would other pet species be allowed, such as rats, lizards and birds?"
    A- "The primary adopts will be dogs and cats, so an artist should be familiar in drawing those the most (at the least be vaguely familiar and be able to draw them enough for SFA, they can gain the comfortability over time). Rats, lizards, birds, etc. are going to be saved for milestones and event adopts, so if an artist knows how to draw them, that may prove it useful in future special occasions but not for the regular adopt."
Q- "would we be allowed to use our scs kids in this, like for answering prompts?"
    A- "You can include pets from other species/adopts in mentions and such though it is preferred to be SFA pets primarily unless the adopts are affiliates."
Q- "I understand that "folded ears" are uncommon and therefore are only for milestone adopts (not standard adopts). Could you perhaps show some examples of what counts as a"folded ear?" I saw that the Australian Shepard adopt you made had ears that drooped down (like a fold? Probably actually a drop ear but I want to check.) and that wasn't a milestone adopt (unless #5 counts as a milestone). So I just want to make sure what is allowed and not regarding ears that droop down like that. From what I understand, fully-drooping ears like a bloodhound aren't allowed but semi-pricked, drop ears (like a lab), and button ears are allowed? (I'm using this site to research dog ear types to try to make sure that I understand.) I just want to make sure that I know what I'm doing ^^""
    A- "Folded ears on the mutation list specifically refers to cats- mainly the scottish fold breed and other similar cats. It doesn't have to do with dogs at all."
Q- "i can have my SFA and SCS pets live in the same city right? and maybe the same house? i should also make a separate folder right? i can't keep SFA and SCS pets in the same TH folder can i?"
    A- "SFA pets can be kept within the same storage thread as any other adopts with no consequences. Only difference with affiliates, such as SCS, is non affiliates cannot be mentioned in forms, activities, or events."
Q- "Is there an item you can buy to add a disability/remove a limb?"
    A- "There is no and will not be an item that does such a thing (just doesn't feel right to purchase an item to remove a limb or add a disability ya know?). However on the Challenge Thread you can complete the Disability/Injury Check using a SFA pet you own to earn a disability/injury to be added to your pet. Theres a listed minimum for different kinds of disabilities and/or injuries and guidelines on how the check works. That specific check (disability) is writing only and must use one of the various prompts provided on the post. Please take the time to read the check's information and the thread's information through through before sending one in."
Q- "On the challenge thread, it says that all prompts must be completed from the SFA pet(s)'s perspective. Does this mean that writing must be in 1st person or that the pets have to be the focus of the piece?"
    A- "The for the sake of easy perspective can be either, just cannot be done from another character's outside perspective of the situation. SFA's Pets perspective (first person) or an omnipotent narrator/observer (third person) are both acceptable options for writing submissions, however you cannot use an npc's or character outside SFA's perspective in challenge submissions (unless otherwise stated)."
Last edited by ~HєуRєι~ on Sat Feb 13, 2021 6:34 pm, edited 9 times in total.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || SFA QnA Thread - OPEN TO POSTING ||

Postby ataraxic_gone » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:39 pm

Username - ataraxic_king
    Question - should artist entries have collars/harnesses?
ataraxic_gone

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:42 pm

ataraxic_king wrote:
    Username - ataraxic_king
    Question - should artist entries have collars/harnesses?

Answer - Artists can chose to include or not to include collars/harnesses in their entries at their leisure! All that is asked is that when you add a collar, that it be separate from the pet's linework and colors.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby clouds-move-on » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:54 am

Username - Raincloud the 33rd
Question - Will artists only design cats and dogs, or would other pet species be allowed, such as rats, lizards and birds?
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:00 am

Raincloud the 33rd wrote:
Username - Raincloud the 33rd
Question - Will artists only design cats and dogs, or would other pet species be allowed, such as rats, lizards and birds?

Answer - The primary adopts will be dogs and cats, so an artist should be familiar in drawing those the most (at the least be vaguely familiar and be able to draw them enough for SFA, they can gain the comfortability over time). Rats, lizards, birds, etc. are going to be saved for milestones and event adopts, so if an artist knows how to draw them, that may prove it useful in future special occasions but not for the regular adopt.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meowdle » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:03 pm

Username - Meowdle
Question -
I understand that "folded ears" are uncommon and therefore are only for milestone adopts (not standard adopts). Could you perhaps show some examples of what counts as a"folded ear?" I saw that the Australian Shepard adopt you made had ears that drooped down (like a fold? Probably actually a drop ear but I want to check.) and that wasn't a milestone adopt (unless #5 counts as a milestone). So I just want to make sure what is allowed and not regarding ears that droop down like that. From what I understand, fully-drooping ears like a bloodhound aren't allowed but semi-pricked, drop ears (like a lab), and button ears are allowed? (I'm using this site to research dog ear types to try to make sure that I understand.) I just want to make sure that I know what I'm doing ^^"
──

──
───────
L I N K S
╭──────
dA: x & x
toyhou.se
Art Fight
Twitter
Pinterest
Listography

──────╯
───────
Hi, I'm Meowdle!
she/her
demi/pan
college student

I am going to be busy during weekdays, so I might not be able to get back to you/finish things until the weekend. Sorry about that! ;u;

Update 11/29/19: At this time, please do not ask me for commissions. I may occasionally make posts offering free art, however. :3
Meowdle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ~HєуRєι~ » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 am

Meowdle wrote:Username - Meowdle
Question -
I understand that "folded ears" are uncommon and therefore are only for milestone adopts (not standard adopts). Could you perhaps show some examples of what counts as a"folded ear?" I saw that the Australian Shepard adopt you made had ears that drooped down (like a fold? Probably actually a drop ear but I want to check.) and that wasn't a milestone adopt (unless #5 counts as a milestone). So I just want to make sure what is allowed and not regarding ears that droop down like that. From what I understand, fully-drooping ears like a bloodhound aren't allowed but semi-pricked, drop ears (like a lab), and button ears are allowed? (I'm using this site to research dog ear types to try to make sure that I understand.) I just want to make sure that I know what I'm doing ^^"

Answer - Folded ears on the mutation list specifically refers to cats- mainly the scottish fold breed and other similar cats. It doesn't have to do with dogs at all.
~HєуRєι~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby StormSerpent » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:48 pm

Username - StormSerpent
Question - i can have my SFA and SCS pets live in the same city right? and maybe the same house? i should also make a separate folder right? i can't keep SFA and SCS pets in the same TH folder can i? (sorry if my questions are stupid or badly worded or something)
awkward, autistic, adhd, anxiety, aroace, agender, artist, alliteration

any pronouns
my toyhouse is stormserpent, you can credit me here or there
StormSerpent

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me