Aeonian Warmbloods | Breed Specific Mutations

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Aeonian Warmbloods | Breed Specific Mutations

Postby Exotica. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Aeonian Warmbloods
[e•oh•knee•un] eternal; everlasting
The Aeonian Warmbloods come from a long line of mutations. The original Aeonian, Lincoln, was born from two chimeric Cedar Warmbloods, both of which were found to carry a variety of other mutations hidden within their genetics. Their bloodline has allowed for the species to display any horse coat and marking, as well as a few new mutations. They also present a wide variety of eye colors, from the most vibrant neon to the softest pastels. Their physical stature has also been slightly altered from their ancestors as well due to these mutations. We have found that Aeonians can fall anywhere between 15 and 18.3 hands, most falling within the middle of the range. They are a very intelligent species, and do well with riders of all levels and ages. Most Aeonians have been observed to be gentle and kind, but we have noticed some of the stallions are quite territorial, causing them to be overprotective of the mares in their barns.

Breed Specific Mutations
Here, you can find examples of each Aeonian specific mutation, as well as a bit of information about them.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Neon Eyes

Postby Exotica. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Aeonian Center for Equestrian Development wrote:We've found that many of the tested Aeonian Warmbloods present incredibly bright, neon eyes.

The eye color does not impede the horse's vision, nor does it appear to have any effects on their overall health. Aeonians that display this trait seem to be more outgoing than Aeonians with normal eye colors.

Based on our research, it is highly likely that many Aeonians will inherit this mutation.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Pastel Eyes

Postby Exotica. » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:05 pm

Aeonian Center for Equestrian Development wrote:We've found that many of the tested Aeonian Warmbloods present soft, pastel eyes.

The eye color does not impede the horse's vision, nor does it appear to have any effects on their overall health. Aeonians that display this trait seem to be more hesitant and shy than Aeonians with normal eye colors.

Based on our research, it is highly likely that many Aeonians will inherit this mutation.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Vitiligo

Postby Exotica. » Tue Oct 22, 2019 3:43 pm

Aeonian Center for Equestrian Development wrote:We've found that a few of the tested Aeonian Warmbloods present Vitiligo.

The loss of pigmentation on the Aeonian's skin results in white spots of hair. It generally presents itself around the muzzle and eyes. Aeonians do not seem bothered by the mutation, so we can only assume there are no effects on the Aeonian's health.

Based on our research, it is likely that some Aeonians will inherit this mutation, but not too many.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Melanistic Markings

Postby Exotica. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:45 pm

Aeonian Center for Equestrian Development wrote:We've found that a few of the tested Aeonian Warmbloods present Melanistic Markings.

This mutation took a bit longer to figure out, as it was first mistaken for Somatic Mutation. After a substantial amount of research and testing, we found that many of the horses presenting Melanistic Markings had paint markings present in their genes, but there were absolutely no white markings visible. It was then that we realized the suspected Somatic Mutation presents itself the same way these white markings would have. Any white marking can become Melanistic, although we are not too sure on what has caused the white markings to take on so much Melanin.

Based on our research, it is likely that some Aeonians will inherit this mutation, but not too many.
Last edited by Exotica. on Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Fangs

Postby Exotica. » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:48 pm

Aeonian Center for Equestrian Development wrote:We've found that many of the tested Aeonian Warmbloods present Fangs.

We believe this mutation came from the lack of dental attention in the Aeonian's wild counterpart, which was then introduced to the domesticated Aeonians. Another theory is that of evolution, meaning in the wild, these fangs more than likely had a use, similar to that of a dog's canines.

Based on our research, it is likely that many Aeonians will inherit this mutation.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me