[ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

[ Triple Thursday ]

Postby Half Tree » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:54 am

-----
TRIPLE THURSDAY
-----

Write or draw about your horse's first time sharing a paddock or stall with a new horse.

Non-owners may use my tolter Artagon and/or the Euphorian mascot, Prize.

I must apologize for not being around I didn't anticipate running solo and didn't have the proper fail-safes set up for if I had to step away. There was some family business as well as a Canadian holiday, this is the first time I've been on my laptop to work on the event in a few days. ^^'
To make up for lost time there is only 1 prompt with triple the prizes being rolled for each finished entry!
Bonus roll if you work with another barn/stable to feature each other into the submission some how.

countdown

Code: Select all
[u][center]TRIPLE THURSDAY[/center][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Writing/Art:[/b] (500 minimum/coloured fullbody)
[b]Tolter/ERRP:[/b] (link either the stable or adoption page)
Last edited by Half Tree on Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [ Töfratré Event 2019 ]

Postby Exotica. » Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:27 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: Exotica.
Writing/Art:
    As we all know, Queen is a rather friendly filly, always bouncing off the walls of her stall, running around in the pasture trying to befriend anything and everything that breathes - and occasionally some things that don’t breathe… She means no harm, but she often comes across very strongly to other horses. Even more so when in smaller enclosures.

On our fourth day at the Töfratré Event, the owner of one of the neighboring stables, Badger Buddies Ranch, reached out to me about potentially socializing her filly Jane. I happily obliged, knowing Queen would be the perfect, all too energetic little filly for the job. I grabbed Queen from her stall that morning and began walking her around the communal paddocks until we finally found the one Jane was grazing in.

“How would you like to introduce the two?” I asked Jane’s owner.

“Hmmm… just let Queen into the paddock, and the two will figure one another out,” she replied.

“Alrighty!” I replied. I then looked at Queen and whispered to her, “Okay little girl, I want you to behave. Please don’t scare her with your craziness…”

I unclipped Queen’s lead rope from her halter while Jane’s owner slowly unlatched and opened the gate. Without hesitation, Queen set off into the paddock, galloping at full speed toward the poor nervous mare in the corner.

“Queen! No!” I yelled, and of course, Queen ignored me entirely and kept going. She started trying to play with the other filly, excited about the fact that there was another filly her age stood right in front of her. Poor Jane was running as fast as she could away from Queen, but Queen kept on catching up to her with her long legs. Finally, Jane stopped and started kicking out at Queen. Having seen Jane’s hooves flying straight at her face, Queen stopped in her tracks and started retreating back toward me. I started making my way over to the gate, planning on getting her out of the paddock as quickly as possible. Both fillies needed some time to themselves after that rough introduction…
    Jane’s owner threw out her arm out in front of me to stop me from getting her out and said, “Just give them a minute, Jane will come around.”

We waited a few minutes, and her statement appeared to be correct. Jane calmed down at the other end of the paddock and began grazing. Queen saw this and started making her way over toward Jane. Having learned from her original attempt to make friends, Queen approached her slowly, lowered her head about a yard away and began to graze. The two quietly grazed near one another for a little while, until Jane finally picked up her head and moved closer to Queen, lowering her head again to graze. Queen became a little tense at this movement, and stopped grazing. Jane let out a soft whinny to her and Queen immediately became less tense. She moved even closer to Jane, now standing together grazing happily. They spent the rest of the day together in the pasture, grazing and laying around, enjoying the sunlight.

Both Jane’s owner and I let them be while we attended to all our other horses that we had brought along for the event. And by the end of the day, both mares seemed to have learned something from the other. Jane had become a little more sociable with new horses, and Queen quickly learned that she should not dive in to trying to make friendships at full speed.

”Maybe now she’ll actually get some more friends while we’re here” I thought to myself, chuckling.

Night was closing in, so it was time to run back out to the paddock and get Queen in for the night. I got to the paddock, lead rope in hand, and called Queen. The two fillies exchanged a friendly goodbye and Queen trotted over to the fence. I gave her some kisses on the nose and brought out the bag of treats that I hid in my coat pocket. Jane’s ears perked up on the other side of the pasture when she heard that crinkle of the carrot bag, and she walked over to me as well. I gave them both a few carrots and hooked up Queen’s lead rope. We walked back to her stall as she continued prodding my jacket with her nose, hoping the magical carrot holder would open and give her some more.

[748/500]

Tolter/ERRP: Queen and Badger's Jane
Last edited by Exotica. on Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Exotica.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BadgerBuddies » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:08 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: BadgerBuddies
Writing/Art:
BBR Love and Thunder, named after the next highly anticipated adventure of the Marvel character and god of thunder, Thor. Her barn name, Jane, was a much better reflection of her personality and demeanor. She was a shy little girl who liked soft voices and even gentler pats. It’s not that she was afraid of the world, it was just that she preferred her environment to be more on the peaceful side.

Her behavior was deemed somewhat unusual, however, since she did not really enjoy or participate in the herd dynamic at Badger Buddies Ranch. Although she was housed with other horses and got along fine with them, she would often distance herself from the others and keep to herself. Not knowing that this is what she really wanted, the humans who worked at the farm decided an intervention was needed for Jane’s health and welfare. They felt that she needed to be paired with a more outgoing horse to “show her the ropes”, but Jane already knew the ropes, she just didn’t care for them.

The cream painted filly was brought with many of Badger Buddies Ranch’s other horses to the Tofratre event, as it was coordinated for Jane to spend some time with Queen, a very social and outgoing filly from a neighboring barn. When the trailer arrived, she was placed in an empty paddock, which she loved. Jane happily grazed in the sunshine, and even took a moment to roll in the lush green grass. It was clear that she was very content being on her own.

Jane pulled her head up from grazing as another trailer passed by. She snorted and returned to her grass, as the wheels went tumbling away towards the barn area. Not long afterwards, her head shoots up again, but stays up. Her ears perk forward as she sees another young paint filly like herself being walked along her fenceline. Jane could see the multicolored filly prancing and letting out shrill little whinnies, as if calling over to her. The soft cream fillies eyes went wide, and she began making her way to the back corner of the paddock, hoping that this stranger would be heading elsewhere. She heard the chains rattle against the metal gate, followed by the thundering of hooves racing closer behind her. Jane immediately took off in an attempt to get out of the way of this new horse’s way.

The other horse, named Queen, thought that Jane was trying to play a game, and continued to chase after her. Now mind you, Jane is a very calm and docile horse, but she had never dealt with another horse as intrusive as Queen. Queen playfully went to nip at Jane, and Jane, feeling threatened, kicked out, her hooves nearly missing Queen. The cream colored mare let out a panicked cry as she did so.

Queen swerved away from Jane after avoiding her swift kick. She continued to trot for a few steps before ultimately stopping. Jane continued to gallop through the field until she realized Queen was no longer after her. She snorted, and walked over the the corner of the fenceline to be alone and recollect her thoughts. Queen, now feeling sorry for scaring her perceived new pal, slowly walked over towards Jane.

“Hey!” Queen called over to Jane from afar as to not set her off running again. “I didn’t mean to scare you, I just wanted to play! None of the other older horses at home ever wanna play games with me, I thought you’d wanna run and play with me” she pouted. Jane apologized back to Queen. “I’m sorry too. I just prefer my own space and you startled me at first. All the other horses I live with are adults too, so they just sit around and don’t do much, and that’s what I’m used to.”

“Listen, I may not be the type to romp around like crazy, but that doesn’t mean I mind company. If you want to hang out and just graze and nap together, that’s fine by me” Jane told Queen. The two were able to come together and graze side by side without any more mishaps, and they even took turns napping and standing guard over one another. While the two may be very different from each other, they were able to make the best of the situation, and came out of it as unlikely friends.

Tolter/ERRP: My Jane and Exotica's Queen
BadgerBuddies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♔Voltaire♔ » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:44 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: ♔Voltaire♔
Writing/Art: WIP <3

The Töfratré Event was proving to be an absolute success on the host's end, and it seemed that those participating or visiting were enjoying themselves. It was so much of a success that there happened to be a stabling issue- there were not enough stables to house new incoming horses into the event. I myself knew Yuuri wouldn't pay much mind sharing his large stall with another horse, so I, among a few other owners volunteered to share stalls with the newcomers.

Not even an hour later, the new horses began coming in, and a stallion by the name of Pants was to be Yuuri's roommate until more stalls were cleaned out and made livable. The two seemed to take to each other immediately, sniffing each other out and softly snorting to each other as if they were long-time friends. Yuuri was totally fine with sharing his food and water as well, leaning up against the side of one of the stall walls and peeking out the window while Pants munched away at the hay and grain provided for them.

I had decided to leave for brunch at that time, so I had left to go eat with a few of the other horse owners I had come to get along with and befriend. It had been a good two hours before I had returned, brunch taking a bit longer to cook and prepare than expected, but once I had entered the stables and checked on the two, they seemed to be dozing off. Smiling, I sat down on a nearby hay bale, listening to the low snores coming from the two stallions as they slept.

An hour later, a loud snort from another stall down the line jostled the two awake and they were in full spirits. They gladly drank up the water I had refilled while the slept and I was on my way to refill when the two started throwing hay at each other, like som equine pillow fight. Dust was flying and I couldn't help but start sneezing from the onslaught of hay in the atmosphere. The two truly are feeding off each other's bad behavior! I returned to their stall with the new water, which stopped the hay fight altogether, and with the help of Pants' owner we were able to successfully clean up the mess the two boys made of the living quarters. We laughed and joked about it all the while, hopefully planning to set up a play date at each other's stables in the foreseeable future.

A few days later, a few of the horses had been packed into their trailers to go home early, meaning there was more space for the newer horses to move in. The stables were alive with the move-ins once more, as even more horses started to pour in from other stables. Pants and Yuuri were sad to be separated, but for the remainder of the event, the stables were alive with their conversation from across the way.

Tolter/ERRP: Yuuri and Ringo.'s boy, Pants
Last edited by ♔Voltaire♔ on Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxx

────
══════
───────────
══
═══════════
────
═══════════

sig cred
───────────
════
─ - Mason Jennings

♔Voltaire♔

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vinson » Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:35 pm

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: vinson
Writing/Art: (535 words)

The truck and trailer came to a stop outside the boarding barn, engine dying with a huff. Inside that trailer were three tolters, all of whom had been brought to the barn for the upcoming show. Mari, the chestnut show jumper, Chicago, a cross country paint, and Iris, the pastel dressage pony. Three different tolters, three different disciplines, three wildly different personalities. The three were unloaded from the trailer and went to check into their stalls for the night. There was one problem, though- two of them would have to share. Iris had been added to the roster last minute, and so they only had two stalls to split between the three tolters.

At first Mari and Iris were going to share, but Mari has to be woken and ready early for the show jumping competition the next morning. It was decided that Iris and Chicago would have to share the stall, which luckily had a small outdoor turnout. The two were polar opposites though, Chicago being the nitty gritty tomboy and Iris the definition of femininity. Iris was let in first, halter taken off, and she slowly made her way to the outdoor space while Chicago entered. The mare huffed, turning her back to Iris, and waited for their food to be delivered after the stall door had closed.

“So you do cross country?” Iris asked, pale coat gleaming in the light of dusk. Her bright blue stared deeply at Chicago, whose ears were pinned, slightly annoyed.
“Yeah. I have another day until I compete, though,” she answered gruffly, shaking herself out. Her cropped mane seemed to shiver with her, her tail swished onto her flank. The two were still separated by the indoors and outdoors, Iris beaming and Chicago rolling her eyes.
“I do dressage- I’m up tomorrow afternoon. I feel bad for Mari, having to wake so early. I always do my best in the afternoons, after I’ve warmed up,” Iris smiled, slowly stepping closer to Chicago, who stood her ground firmly.
“I like the mornings,” Chicago answered, stock still.
“Oh, relax! I’m not going to hurt you, silly. I just want to get to know you better, since we’re sharing a stall for the night,” laughed Iris, coming close enough to stick her nose into Chicago’s shoulder playfully. She puffed a breath into the taller mare’s mottled fur, breathing in her scent. Chicago recoiled only slightly, her head startling up and eyes going wide. She didn’t like to be touched unexpectedly, but Iris was gentle at least.
“You must stand out in the ring,” Chicago managed to murmur, lowering her head to sniff at Iris’s mane. “You’re so light, after all.”

“I do! That’s why they call me A Glimmer of Hope, because I look like I’m shining in the light. How are you called in the ring?” Iris was pleasant, continuously smiling up at Chicago. It made her feel welcome.
“Sticks and Stones. I think it sounds cool, but I don’t compete in a ring. I’m out on a course,” Chicago said, finally warming up to Iris and her touchiness. The two talked for a while, trading stories and tips, before Chicago dozed off, resting her head on Iris’s shoulder.

Tolter/ERRP: Iris and Chicago
Vinson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby JerseyDusk » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:49 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: JerseyDusk
Writing/Art:
It was a long trip for the crew from River Valley, and all those in the party were more than relieved when the white Dodge finally came to a halt at the event grounds. Lea took a moment to collect herself, and then grabbed a stack of papers from the dash and went to find the entry office. She hoped there wasn't a line because she really wanted to get the horses in their stalls as swiftly as possible and then hopefully catch a nap while the girls put up the show decorations. It wasn't long before she found the small office and the woman sighed in relief because she didn't see a line out the door; the last time she was here it was halfway down the stable block.

She spent as little time in office as she could, though it's hard to do when everyone seems to want to chit-chat. The brunette stayed as long as she had to, so as not to leave mid-conversation; and hurried back to the trailers. "I've got the information on our stalls, we're 52A-56A," she said to the girls as she grabbed Thunder's lead rope. Lea was very glad that she brought both the girls on the trip, that way she could focus on competing. But she was more glad she brought her trusty stallion, he really helped break up all the estrogen between the girls. The woman strided down the barn isles with Thunder on one side and Selene on the other, praying that the stallion's calm demeanor would rub off on the green Euphorian mare.

They finally reached their allotted stalls and the woman walked to the last of their stalls, she saw the farm next to them had mares there so she decided to put Selene next to them. She opened the door of a stall and let the blue taffy mare in...

Selene entered the stall with a snort, what the hell does she think she's doing? There's someone in here already. The painted mare was greeted by an appaloosa mare who was wearing an orange and black halter. The appaloosa nickered welcomingly, as if it was everyday she had a stall-mate. "Um hi, are we supposed to be in a stall together?" Selene questioned the spotted mare. "You know I'm not really sure, but I guess we are now! My name is Snoopy!" the appaloosa answered cheerfully. Selene was confused as to why the other mare seemed so cheerful, maybe she's just being friendly or maybe there really are beings that are just joyful all the time? She wasn't sure but she didn't want to be rude to her so she answered, "Hello, I'm Selene, nice to meet you."

The appaloosa let out a sigh and munched on some hay while Selene just stood in the stall, silently hoping that one of the girls would come see that she was in the wrong stall and rescue her. "You can have some hay too, ya know...You look like you had a long trip to get here," Snoopy said around a mouthful of hay. Selene flicked her ears, unsure if that was criticism or not, but she figured she shouldn't look into it. The blue taffy's light colored eyes gazed out the stall one last time, to see if her rescue was there; to her dismay it was not. She turned back to the white appaloosa mare and smiled, what the hell, it can't hurt to make some friends while we're here. Selene reached her head down and she started to eat the grassy hay, nickering in thanks to Snoopy. The pair began chatting about their barns, stables, stablemates, and various other topics as they shared the hay and Selene determined that she was glad that Lea mistakenly put her in Snoopy's stall.

[637 words]

Tolter/ERRP: Lunar Malevolence - Selene, BadgerBuddies' BBR Flying Ace - Snoopy & Thunderbird Rising - Thunderbird
here but not really here, IYKYK
Image ImageImage
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
OC Site || Dusk til Dawn Equestrian || Adopted Characters || Art Shop || Arroyo Herd || WME's || Deviantart
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
JerseyDusk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DarkestWerewolf » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:52 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: DarkestWerewolf
Writing/Art: (629 words)
    Scarlette sighed. The stables have been awfully quiet as of late. So many of her fellow friends have been out on lease, competitions and other events and activities. It was practically just her. She overheard the stable-hands conversing and caught word that at least 3 of them will come back by evening.

The mare wasn’t afraid of being lonely. She’s fine with going solo but after a week of loneliness, it can be very dull. The farm dogs have been keeping her occupied but she can’t play with them like she plays with her herd. She was at least 3 times bigger than them and many times heavier. They would get hurt easily. She was turned out and she trotted out into the pasture to graze.

Not long after, a trailer pulled up along the driveway. Could it be her friends? Her ears perked up as she eagerly trotted towards the edge of the paddock. However, as they unlatch the door, out stepped an unknown horse. It was a mare, coat as black as night with a pair of piercing black eyes. Her silvery mane and tail glistened in the sunlight. Her body was also covered with little white speckles and a badger face going along her face.

“Heya Scarlette. This is Flora. She’ll be staying here for a while. Hope that’s alright. I think you both will get along. Your friends will be returning tonight too so you all can play nice.” The stable-hand said as she led the mare towards Scarlette.

The mare smiled. She could finally interact with someone like her. They sniffed each other and after some observation, the stable-hand led Flora into the paddock.

“Hiya. I’m Scarlette!” Scarlette said.

“Flora.” She replied back.

They continued to interact further and found that they shared some similar traits. Flora had mentioned that she wanted to go somewhere peaceful and away from the hustle and bustle of her stables so this was a nice getaway. Scarlette smiled. 3 of her friends will be returning tonight but they are pretty mild which might suit Flora more.

Just then, the resident mini herder came running towards the paddock. It was a little Bear Run Sheepdog, Ace. The little sheepdog day at the fence and stared at the 2 mares. Flora’s eyes sparkled. Scarlette noticed it and smiled.

“Let him sniff you, he’s very friendly.”

Flora gasped and bent down to sniff the little dog. Ace happily licked her.

“He’s adorable!”

They continued to interact with Ace a bit more until the stable-hand called for Ace. He ran off into the distance.

“Where’d he go?”

“He’s in charge of herding the ducks and chickens. He’s got a duty to do.” Scarlette said.

Just then, a delicious smell wafted into the pasture. It was coming from the house. Just then, out stepped the owner, a plate of food in hand. Scarlette eagerly neighed. It was the annual pumpkin cinnamon cookies. Flora was confused. Scarlette explained that every October, it was a tradition for the owner to make pumpkin spice cookies for the horses. Hearing that and smelling the food made Flora’s stomach rumble. The owner gave one to Scarlette who happily took it and ate it. After, she offered one to Flora who also took it. It was delicious! The cinnamon gave the cookie such a depth of flavour. The owner left them a plate of cookies. The two happily shared it and finished it.

“That was so good!” Flora said.

“Right?” Scarlette laughed.

They continued to graze and play with each other for the remaining of the day. As the sun was setting, a trailer pulled up.

“Here comes my friends. I think you’ll like them. They’re more mild.” Scarlette laughed.

Flora smiled as they watched the trailer open up.
Tolter/ERRP: Scarlette and paradise’s Flora
DarkestWerewolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby paradise, » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:53 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: paradise,
Writing/Art: Image
Tolter/ERRP: Flora & DarkestWerewolf's Scarlette
paradise,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conversett » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:23 am

TRIPLE THURSDAY

Username: conversett
    Writing/Art: x
    Tolter/ERRP: remy + badger's phantom
conversett

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[ Triple Thursday Results ]

Postby Half Tree » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:13 am

Triple Thursday is now closed!
Please do not edit entries after this post.

Grace Period - 45 mins
If you missed the deadline I am offering a grace period.
PM me your finished entry before the timer is up and you will still be entered!
Do not edit your post until I give you the okay to do so.

-----
RESULTS
-----

coming soon !
[everything will be posted up by this weekend]
Half Tree

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups