єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - wínnєrѕ pg. 6

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

what times are you available (for a stream) on Sunday, August 18th?

Poll ended at Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am

1pm - 3pm EST
7%
3pm - 5pm EST
24%
5pm - 8pm EST
40%
8pm - 10pm EST
29%

Total votes : 89

Postby carpe » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:11 am

username; pangurbanka
      team; squiddies
      what do you bring Ellys?
      xxx
      Image xxx Image xxx Image
      xxx
      "i brought you three awesome things that make me happy. oddly enough, they all are related to water but
      still you merkalons are deprived of those things, living in your seas and lakes!
      those things are the crunching sound of the fresh snow, the smell of asphalt after the rain, and that feeling
      when the shower water is ideal from the first try."
      [3 art pieces / 3 sentences ]
carpe

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - σpєn!

Postby ruse » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:57 am

username; ruse
    team; squid
    what do you bring Ellys? 676 words yw, ellys

the closest he'd been with a mermaid was when he was five, dreamily laying his cheek against the glass screen ariel, as she sang her song of yearning for the seventh time that day. so, of course he was ecstatic and of course his skin felt alight with the knowledge mermaids existed and yeah, if he really was curious, he could've furthered his questioning of the multitudes of 'mermaid scales' the kruisers were collecting. shark couldn't have done that. or maybe he would? he's been showing more kindnesses lately, actually ─ wait. mermaid. museum. hh? gay?
    eden returns to his corporal body and he feels as if he were in a sacred place; it's the same feeling he grew up with when he was with his parents, in temples of gilded facades and hollowed voices. upon seeing ellys, he waves at her and calls out her name for it to be echoed on the walls and against them. he settles into a cross-legged position as he starts his roundabout stories.
    "to be honest? it was kinda hard to decide what to get you because of like, water restrictions and sh-stuff, and plus, i don't carry that much around either." he really wished a really, really smooth rock would suffix, but he feels like there's enough of those in ellys's collection. he has a lot of questions he wants to ask her, like what are her thoughts on how people have represented her in media, do mermaids wiggle in the water sometimes because they can ─ important things.
    "you can tell i got this from the gift shop, but i picked the prettiest one for you anyways. and it's kinda random for a gift to a mermaid too, right?" the first thing he fishes out is a snow globe that says kalokairi on it, large and imposing. he shrugs, half as an apology. "i just thought you guys probably don't see snow much and this is a little portable winter prison."
    he pulls out a piece of laminated paper from his pocket. "this is my friend code. y'know like, just in case? we could play animal crossing together, i have a lot of purple and black flowers and golden tools." yes, eden is smart. eden had been tempted to gift her his netflix credentials as well, if only to answer, "oh, can't, a mermaid's using my account right now, sorry," when asked about the latest mainstream show. he had thought against it, not wanting to sully the mermaid with tainted human media.
    "okay, get ready, here comes the showstopper ──" eden turns around dramatically and drapes his arm across his chest, breathing deeply once, and then releasing it as he turns around. "my heart," he says confidently with his whole body and soul, but oh so softly, then met with an expression of shock from ellys. he's pretty sure there's some disappointment in her eyes but it flickers away quickly before he can call her out on it.
    "i'm serious! really serious!! i've literally. been asking about mermaids this whole trip and now i get to talk to one and give her (bad) gifts? honestly i'm like. living in the best timeline for this moment and karma's gonna get me soon, but i had to. give you my heart, even if metaphorical, unless? you want a sticky note that says IOU and i'll come here when i'm about to die so you can have it for real?"
    ellys is greatly entertained and kindly laughs. "i know i said i'm looking for a few unique items but ..." eden's face falls like a fifth grader's heart when they realize they have feelings that manifest in crushes that feel so big and full. "i'll take the heart. the metaphorical one, keep your physical one!"
    eden beams, and he feels like he's made out of some kind of unbreakable light. "okay, then in exchange, would it be cool if i took some pics here? i want to remember this for later and your museum's one of the highlights, really."
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: єllчѕ' undєrwαtєr muѕєum - σpєn!

Postby clarke, » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:16 am

username; clarke,
    team; octopus
    what do you bring Ellys? “The trident of Poseidon was used to conquer oceans and to control it - to stir up storms whenever he was angry. he could summon tsuanmis or even earthquakes. tridents extend from the ancient greek mythology to the hindu gods to the 18th century Burmese. it represents to coat of arms for the Ukraine and the national emblem on the flag of Barbados. It represents sports teams in Missouri and universities in California and Washington. Its reach extends to Swedish Rangers and US Navy SEALs. On the softer side, its used to describe floral and botanical shapes. Now, I’m sure by telling you all this you thought I brought you a trident. I gotta admit, that’d be pretty cool. But uhh, I found something that resembles a trident.” Reaching into his back pocket, he reveals a dinglehopper and presents it to her proudly. “At least you got a lessen in history.”
    [ Word count: 151 ]

(I resized for the sake of everyone but here's the full size!)

clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby moondust405 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:53 am

username; moondust405
    team; squid
    what do you bring Ellys?
      Well, there were still some leftovers from the crab shrines.. Maybe he could do something with that? An idea slowly, ever so slowly formed in Caleb's mind, and he set off to gather his items. It probably wouldn't be the most impressive thing, but it's the thought that would count. And maybe it would seem cool to kalons who were sea-locked for their entire lives. Kinda like his neighbor Barry, but at least Barry could order a floating bubble of water for the day.

Caleb struggled back to Ellys' museum, weighed down by his items. He expected the other aquatic kalons to have caught up to him by now- but maybe they were warned off? Either way, the longer he went unbitten, the better. Imagine explaining that to Klarissa, "oh yeah I got bitten by a mermaid when that kruise I took crashed on an island! Haha."
      Yeah.

"Oh, you're back! And uneaten!" Ellys' face greeted Caleb, a little too closely. "It's good the others didn't try! I mean, they wouldn't (hopefully), but still!" The purple kalon watched as Ellys swam back into the museum, eventually following when the risk of being smacked by tail fins considerably lessened.

"I uh, brought these," Caleb said, offering out the items.

The first, multiple crystals from the caves collected into a crystalline bonsai tree. He may have enlisted someone else's help in constructing the tree, but hey, it still looked neat! It looked kind of odd in the light of the ocean, throwing flecks of color all across the room. Hopefully it wouldn't lose any of its luster under the water.
      The second, a large, transparent piece of pastel pink rose quartz, shaped into a sphere.
      "I don't think you can find this underwater, and since it's transparent it's supposed to be rare," Caleb offered, holding out the rather heavy mineral.
      "Oh, these are great!" Ellys' eyes sparkled as she took the sphere and bonsai from him with ease (how? they were so heavy...). "Maybe you'll get one of my special invites! Of course, there are other visitors, so no guarantees. Bye!"

Caleb returned to land, more than a bit bewildered but relieved he was free from the weight of the stones. [369]
moondust405

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fangsnfluff » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 am

username; fangsnfluff
    team; Squid
    what do you bring Ellys?Image
    Everyone loves a lucky cat, right?
      [ please be aware of the word/art limits! word count notes are appreciated]
fangsnfluff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sylveonsweetie987 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:17 am

username; sylveonsweetie987
    team; squid
    what do you bring Ellys?
    "Does a giraffe count?"

Pip had been searching all day for something cool enough to bring Ellys. But everything seemed just a bit too boring, or like something Ellys already had. He needed to go bigger. The kalon racked his brain, trying to think or something original to bring Ellys. Oh! What about an animal? Maybe a cat or dog? No, too usual. A bird? No, its feathers would get wet, plus there were sea birds. Maybe... A giraffe? But how? It wasn't like Pip owned his own personal giraffe. And how would he get it under water? He knew just the thing.

"Ray Leone here, whaddya need?" came Pip's longtime friend's voice from the phone.
    Pip responded, "You remember our rule about winning stick-bananas-up-your-nose-games to get favors?"
    "Uhh, yes? We've always had it."
    "I need to call one in. And you remember about how you're a professional thief?"
    Ray sighed. "What do I have to steal, Pip?"
    "A giraffe. From the Zoo."
    "You're kidding me. Right?"
    "I swear on my life I'm not. And can you bring it on your helicopter?"
    "I'll see, Pip." Ray sighed. He was going to have a lot of work to do today.

Five hours later, in the dead of night, a jet black helicopter flew in with a struggling giraffe duct-taped to its underside.
    "
    Here's your giraffe, Pip. And I'm counting that as three favors, since it was so hard."
    "
    That's fine. Thank you!" Pip replied. On to the second phase of his plan.

Pip visited a friend he'd made on the island- a professional scuba diver. "
    Hey Laurie! Laurie Seaward?"
    The curly-furred kalon stuck her still-sleeping masked head out of her door. "
    It's the middle of the night, Pip. This better be good."
    As she took her sleeping mask off, Pip gestured to the giraffe, which he had following him by leash. "
    Any chance you can put scuba diving gear on this guy? No, really. Don't ask why."
    "
    Uhh... I guess? But if this gets me in trouble, I'm telling the cops it was you. And you owe me the next ten ice cream truck runs."
    "
    Deal."

The next morning, Pip walked his scuba gear-clad giraffe down to the beach where he'd met Ellys. "
    Hey Ellys! Come on up! I have a submission for your underwater museum!" The merkal popped up from the shining blue water, then stared, agape, at the giraffe. "You might want to have someone magic his scuba gear so it lasts forever. I named him Morty. But you can change it, if you want." the grey kal explained.
    "
    W-wow... I'll certainly consider this submission, I guess? Thank- thank you, Pip!"

Pip felt quite accomplished.

446/900 words, 1/3 pieces. Laurie and Ray are NPCs.
Last edited by sylveonsweetie987 on Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
♥♥♥

♥ Hi, I'm Syl (she/her), your friendly neighborhood procrastinator! I make art and stuff like that ♥
♥ Autism ♥ ADHD ♥ Asexual Lesbian ♥ Jewish ♥
♥ Current hyperfixations: The Owl House, Kalons ♥

♥ I'm @/sylsoddsandends on Tumblr, if you want to see art/writing/etc! ♥

Trade me!My Kalons

♥♥♥
sylveonsweetie987

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby stan. » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:35 am

username; IlluminatiConfirmed
    team; Octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
    Jacques thought that a pair of heels would be a great idea.

Shoes already could be weird for a sea dweller. Perhaps washed up old boots or webbed shoes could be found underwater, or sandals. But heels? He didn't think anyone in their right mind would take their heels into the sea, let alone an expensive pair like he got for Ellys.

That investment still hurt his pocket.

However, it felt worth it. Since all the merfolk he had met so far didn't seem to have any feet to put shoes on, Jacques assumed they wouldn't get worn and torn.

They were just going to be a museum exhibition; pretty, unused and well-kept for who knows how long.

...unless...?

[119 words and 2 art pieces ^^]
Last edited by stan. on Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
stan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Meduz » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:55 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
username: Meduz
kalon :
Tris
Team: Squids
Response : Books

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"From my collection to yours," Tris says as she sets down a massive box of books. "I'm not sure how well they will work underwater but they've been fantastic to me above it. There are some wonderful stories in here. There's the story of a beautiful, Persian princess and a sword-fighting prince who cannot resist the stage."
"Reading books and writing books is how I have lived. I have played with a unicorn, and dined with fair kings. Between these covers are the stuff of imagination and fantasy. Yet here I am, talking to a mermaid. So here's a story I wrote, about a cruise ship that set out to fail, a grumpy fisherman who helped the passengers sail for home. An island full of mermaids and common folk. This is a story, unbelievably this is my story. So I hope I have done your world some justice, it'd be an honor if you'd give it a read."

Ft. Carcharodon, Captain, Egg and Ares, 158 words, 3 art pieces
x
x
x
x

xxxxxx
Hello!

𝙻𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜:
𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚊𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚜
Blue Rose auction

xxxxxx
Meduz

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lonk » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:44 am

username; lonk
      team; squid
      what do you bring ellys?
      "a unique item, huh..."
      venita frowned, and took a moment to think. after a minute of squinting and frowning, ven gave ellys an excited grin. "oh! i have something you might like. i'll have to grab it from the room- can you meet me at the surface in a bit?" the mermaid agreed as the land-dweller rushed away, promising ellys that she'd bring something that wouldn't disappoint.

"it's a dress, once worn by the lost princess of an island kingdom far, far from here. it's, um, my home, where i came from." she held it out towards ellys, letting her take it out of her arms. "the royal family always wore this sort of blue at big parties and gatherings. i know it doesn't look too extravagant, but the history of it is pretty neat. at least i think it is." she smiled at ellys, twirling a strand of hair as the mermaid studied the garment.
      "it does look a bit plain, but... i suppose it is unique. how did you get a hold of something like this?"
      venita began to sweat. oh, crap. everything she said was true, but what was she supposed to say? that she didn't want to be reminded of her family anymore? that the dress started to get too small for her? feigning her calm confidence, she faked the first story to pop into her head.
      "i was close to her. my family wasn't quite nobility, but we were friends, and she let me borrow it before she disappeared. y'know, i always meant to give it back, but now... i figure somewhere like your museum might be a good place to keep it." she took a step back, taking her feet out of the way of the ocean water. "or if you didn't want to keep it in there, it'd probably fit you. the color would look great with your eyes."
      and with her semi-sob story, ellys seemed to be sold. venita waved as she walked backwards into the sand, watching ellys disappear beneath the sparkling waters of the lagoon. she was so much nicer than the other merkalons, and ven was happy to be able to make a donation to her exhibit. but she was even more happy to get that damn dress off her hands. it was one less thing that brought the bitter taste of her family to mind.

[401 words, 1 art piece]
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
i like nintendo (pokemon
splatoon, zelda, etc.),
persona 3, 4, 5, & steven
universe !
if u ever need anything
dont hesitate to hmu 👌
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
      hi im lonk !!
      i have what the kids call...
      poor taste
lonk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sicknasty » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:50 am

username; sicknasty
    team; octopi
    what do you bring Ellys?
    levi considered the museum owner's request as they on the beach by the lagoon, dipping their toes in the water but mindful of toothy merkals. what was something really special? what would stand out against all the other exhibits, something the merkals had never seen before? they splashed their paws in the lagoon, hoping the cool water would help them think, then froze, looking at their legs stretched out in front of them. a grin slowly spread across their face and they leapt up, hurrying to their suitcase to find the perfect item.
    -
    "what are these- jeenz?" ellys seemed bemused by levi's strange offer of soggy denim. "you... wear them?"
    "exactly!" levi held the jeans on their body and did a high kick to demonstrate. "on your legs!"
    "they're perfect!" breathed ellys, probably already imagining the jeans as the star attraction for her exhibition. or maybe in a bin. whatever!
    [150 words]
sicknasty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me