A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby l i i l y » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:48 pm

[ l i i l y || prompt 4 || sign up || team squids !! ]

“What? Shark’s got a crush? On MONTY? That’s adorable..” Carter snorted at Prince’s observation, a quirk in his smile. “Don’t worry, Carter!! Doctor love is on the case.” His voice danced in his throat as he said ‘love’, a giant grin on his face. Before Carter could change his mind, Prince practically ran through the rows of houses. He didn’t need to search, he knew exactly where Shark would be. Prince slowed to a trot as he neared the whale watching area. There were several Kalons there, all pointing and chatting excitedly. In the middle of it all was Monty himself, adjusting his glasses and spouting facts to the Kalons. And far behind the group, trying to look nonchalant but failing miserably was Shark. “Shark! Hey man, can I talk to ya’ for a sec?”Shark jumped — humorously high — and glared at Prince, broken from his trance. “Prince.. what do you want?” Prince giggles beneath his breath, grasping Shark’s wrist and forcing him to follow. Once they were far from earshot of the group, Prince sat down and dangled his legs over the ledge, patting the ground beside him. Shark raised a critical eyebrow, but settled beside him all the same.
Okay. This is important, Prince. You have to handle the situation calmly- “OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE A CRUSH” Shark’s eyes widened, a blush immediately running up his neck. “WHAT? No I- how- who told you?!” Prince grinned as he stuttered about, a strange fondness spreading throughout his chest. “Carter did. He told me you needed some advice..” Shark opened his maw to respond, before snapping it shut and crossing his arms. A pout formed on his face. “You should tell him, man! It’ll make-” Prince was cut off by an angry growl. “No. I can’t tell him. It’s not that easy. What if he.. rejects me.” Shark’s words were small, quiet. Sadness for the strong man clouded Prince’s better judgment, and before he knew it, he was wrapping the man in a hug. Shark tensed, before reluctantly returning it. Prince withdrew, giving him a small smile. “I’d like to tell you that I’m an expert at love, but I’m not. I’ve seen it enough times though, that I know what it looks like.” Shark drew his eyes away, looking towards the breaching wales in the waves below. “Love is really.. hard. I know movies make it look like everyone always runs into their soulmate at the store, or spills their drink or something, and they lovingly lock eyes and boom, they’re together forever. Y’know I wish it was that easy, truly. But love in reality takes a lot more work than what it’s portrayed to. I know it’s scary for your heart to beat for someone else, and there’s always this.. ugly truth that your love might not feel the same. But there’s beauty behind that ugliness.” Shark has looked to Prince now, eyes wide and glassy. “Look, I know how frightening this is. And I can’t promise you it’ll go 100% the way you want it to. But how are you gonna know how he feels about you if you don’t ask him?” Shark anxiously wrung his paws together, mumbling. “But what if he hates me for it? What if he doesn’t feel the same-” “But what if he loves you for it? I’m just sayin’, there are infinite possibilities in love. Even for you.” Shark looked at him with a slightly opened mouth, his expression vulnerable. And to Prince’s utter surprise, the man leaned forward and wrapped him in a hug. “Thank you.” Shark bounced to his feet, confidence ablaze in his pupils. He strutted over to the man, who now stood alone before the setting sun. Prince watched as Shark tapped him on the shoulder, and began to speak. He watched as Monty gasped, smacking his paws onto his face. An obvious smile hid beneath, and he could hear Shark’s laugh echo through the warm summer air.
There are infinite possibilities in love. And in this story, love prevailed.

┌──────────┐

she/they pansexual
hello !! call me lil, or lily !!
astronomy nature
you can pm me anytime !!

└──────────┘
┌──────────┐

links
t.hkalonsart shopdA
©©

└──────────┘
l i i l y

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:01 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: recherché.
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
kina raised a brow at the strange request of needing relationship advice but decided to go along with it anyway. "relationship advice huh?", she let out a small laugh as she realized the small pun, "relationship.. ship.. aha". she awkwardly laughed before gaining her composure. she wasn't really one to give advice because nobody really came to her for help but she appreciated anybody who did. "well, for starters..", she trailed off while thinking of her boyfriend, "you should get to know them. whatever you do.. do not jump head first into a relationship because that's just asking for trouble." a small smile formed on her face as she thought of the day that started it all. the one day everything changed. snapping herself back to reality, kina continued on with her advice, "start off as friends and just go from there? it doesnt hurt to confess your feelings along the way but not right when you first meet them." she shrugged while trying to think of what else to say, glancing up to watch the clouds dancing across the sky. "oh!! you should also do something sweet for them to confess once you do! maybe bake them something or make them a cute little card? that's what i'd do at least. i didnt have to do that for my boyfriend though", kina giggled and ran her fingers through her long locks of hair, "we started off as friends and then gradually went on dates.. he's so amazing. i dont have to do anything fancy for him and he's still satisfied. there was one time where he burned his chicken nuggets and cried about it for hours. even after i took him out to get more nuggets." she huffed before realizing that she was rambling about her boyfriend. she could do it all day and was about to but that's for another time. "a-anyway!! good luck with your love life, friend!"
[321/200].
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LivvyAh » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:13 pm

RelationSHIP Advice
|| livvyah | octopus | Joulie | 398 words ||

||| Joulie managed not to giggle right in Carter's face, but she didn't contain the smile that quickly lit up her face. "Y'know, gossip makes an... uh, well, it's just a bit rude to do it," Joulie said through a grin, deciding not to cuss in front of a stranger. (Speaking of, most of these kalons are strangers, which one was Monty?) "And I have a feeling that sending a rando to go give him love advice might not be what makes him forgive you," her twin tails twitching one after the other in amusement, "especially a gaggle of strangers, feels like you've told half the island huh?"

||| Joulie just grinned passively as Carter worked though his sputtered excuses of why it seemed like every kalon who had come by the cabin today had ended up tailing Carcharodon to give him some awkward word or another. (It was an incredibly familiar situation wasn't it, some kiddo tells their friend about their crush and suddenly 30 other kalons have things to say and are all meddling and trying to set them up. She could only hope that some of the kalons sent on this love quest were more tactful then her 6th graders.)

||| Listening through Carter's babbling, she finally parsed that Monty was the whale watching leader that came on the boat with them, at that she clapped Carter on the shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. "You both do remember that we've only been around for like, what, 2 days?" Not bothering to listen to his response she moved forward, "You should probably remind Carcharodon of that, and tell him to slow down," she pointed a finger at him with some sternness, "they need to get to know each other on a real basic level first, y'know? Things are gonna crash and burn if they're trying to learn about each other romantically and on a time limit. Monty doesn't seem the type to have a spine when pushed and a situation like that will only build resentment."

||| Finally softening a little bit Joulie backed off, "it's just good to make sure they're being smart and not caught up in the air of this situation. Less heartbreak later," Carter nodded slowly and mumbled some form of understanding, Joulie smiled and turned to leave quipping over her shoulder, "and of course, stop gossiping." Her twin tails wagged at Carter's indignant groan.

about wrote:Liv
they • she
just getting bi
links wrote:OCsArtBFF
commissions
species wrote:cooldowns
kalsbabus
puffkins
LivvyAh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ross & rachel did it so it works

Postby suds » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:20 pm

user: suds, hi! / sign-up: here / kal: saki / team: octopi

fumbling with the wicker, saki let out a huff of frustration. carter tapped sakis knee. ”so, these two-“ he held up a picture of shark and prof. monty ”are um.... going through kind of a rough patch,” saki watched carters mouth while he was trying to weave his basket. he kept taking quick glances while talking. ”so i was wondering- no you go under on that one- do you have any advice i can give them? he looked at saki with hopeful eyes.

saki handed his basket to carter who picked up the pattern immediately. saki squinted in jealously at his skill. he took his expo marker out of his pocket, holding the picture in frame. he scribbled on it for a second, carter hummed while he wove the basket. saki flipped the picture around when he was done, pointing at the top, where he drew clouds. ”rain?” carter grunted, raising his eyebrows. saki moved and pointed to monty and shark in the middle, drawing ‘kisses!’ and hearts around them.

”what? kissing in the rain?” carter finished the basket, setting it aside. saki signed ”friends”, which carter knew, and shook his head. ”no- theyre in love, B O Y F R I E N D S" he grumbled at his obliviousness. saki pursed his lips and wrote on the frame ‘f.r.i.e.n.d.s. TV show’. carter blew air out of his mouth, as one does, and laughed quietly.

”saki thats not how relationships work!”

[ 242 words ]
      [ kept it short for ya (: ]
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sentimental_android » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
─────────────────

username: sentimental_android
link to sign-up post:

─────────────────
r e s p o n s e:

─────────────────
Syrilli stared at the man in front of him as he continued to sand the table, albeit much more sheepishly.

"The pointy dude at the docks? The old mechanic?" Syrilli barks out a laugh, "And that professor ??
He doesn't even have sea legs! BWAHA!"
He holds his stomach as he wheezes out a few more seconds
of raucous laughter, and then wipes the tears from the sides of his eyes.

"Ahh it's too perfect. The two old dopes." At Carter's side eye, Syrilli huffed and crossed his arms.
"Older than me anyways! Maybe around Lucien's age." As Syrilli watched the table's wood slowly
whittle down to a smooth grain, he sighed. "Relationship advice, huh?" He began to fiddle with
his dangling earring in thought.
"When I met my, uh? Boyfriend? Ew, that ain't right- partner? Partner I guess, it was because I
keyed one of his cars before high-tailing it from his, uh, men? I guess."

Syrilli looked at his foot. He stared at it. Maybe if he stared hard enough he'd think better.
"I'm really not, ah, the type ? For advice- really. Luci's always handled the more romantic jazz-"
He paused and tapped his chin.
"I dunno, they both seem like kinda antique types- maybe they're into the old candlelit dinner thing?
Ole' Sharkie's a mechanic right? That probably means he can man a kitchen- maybe tell him to
just invite the dusty old nerd over and have dinner? Maybe do the 'adult' thing and talk about
their feelings?"
Syrilli shrugged, he was pretty over this conversation. Never really was any good
at anything other than swearing. He sat down on a tree stump nearby Carter as he watched the man
continue his struggle with the table.

"So anyways ! Whatcha makin' that for?" he grinned out.

[298 words]

─────────────────
sentimental_android

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

kalon | summer 2019 event | nature hunt 02

Postby rainichi » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:26 pm

RelationSHIP advice! / rainichi / octopus / sign up / ruka

hi im chi n im bum || they/them || spicy & undead
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
my cartilage is mcdonalds fries. my blood, syrup
guys it turns out im like, RLLY bad @ draw my thing

blood in the water, my love bwifern 8080[g]fxx
xxx kals       artshop abt / links got thatxxxx.
rainichi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FluffyBirdie » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:53 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: FluffyBirdie
Link to sign-up post: xx
Prompt response: 218 words
    Alania shrugged, giving Carter a sheepish smile. "I've never been in a relationship before, so I can't tell you much, or give him any advice." She says apologetically. "I've heard some talk about it in the town near my little home, so I guess I'll tell you what I've heard there? Well, I'm assuming they're good friends? If Caro is eager enough to ask him out. I'll be surprised if they're not, he doesn't seem like the type to suddenly ask someone for a date, but if they're not friends or even acquaintances, I would suggest that. Being friends with your crush would make them notice you more. But if they are friends, I suggest gifts? And then a confession. From what the townspeople say, admitting your feelings directly to them is better than writing it on paper and sending it to the person in question. It's a bit tactical, but it gives the crush less time to consider the advantages or disadvantages of being with you or reconsider their answer, making them fall back on what they feel about you and responding with that. A gift makes them feel better towards you as well before you ask the big question. So if Caro knows Monty's favourites, he should try giving that. Even if it's just something small."
Check out my design me an OC
comp! Prizes include the Red-X, Bone
PPS, '09 VR malk pets, '17 store pets,
and more!

⋆⋆⋆
|| Kalons || TH || DA ||
⋆⋆⋆
<< Chimericect || SaltyBirb >>

⋆⋆⋆
FluffyBirdie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SkyGold » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:55 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: SkyGold
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&start=10#p125966071
Prompt response: Image
"I have so much I could tell you!"
ImageImageImageImage

Flitz | Kalons | To-do | Rise
I’ll be slow to respond for the next bit - school has begun
SkyGold

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby ruse » Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:14 pm

RelationSHIP advice!

Username: ruse
    Link to sign-up post: finger guns i gave up the aesthetic for u babey (take me back pls) // prompt: 01 02
    Prompt response: i am deeply apologetic to mint and anyone else who reads this

while eden was not particularly intimidated by shark, he did like to keep his distance from the man. especially after the "baby shark" song recording thing. though, he'd said it before while running away, and he'll say it again: it's a damn masterpiece.
    eden summons a deep breath. tries to remember what it all boiled down to. it's for carter, it's for carter it's for car
    he catches shark in his line of sight, the islander's hunched back on an old tree trunk. eden's somewhat tempted to grab him from behind and shake his shoulders, singing, 'guess who?' but remembers somewhere, lucidly, he'd done that before to a similar person of similar stature and disposition and had gotten punched in the face. it hadn't particularly hurt, what with eden being a Registered Dumbass and learned in the art of Not Showing Real Feelings, but he wouldn't want to ruin the already fragile balance of being around number 20ish alongside the rest of the lost cruise-goers on shark's hit list, yeah?
    "is it true our resident grumpypants has fallen in love?" he enters shark's peripheral vision as he begins his interrogation, calling upon his memory of carter's smile as he tries to mimic it (the kindness of it, the giddiness, the shyness). despite his earlier thoughts, eden has gone straight for the kill, paralleling how he'd gotten it out of carter, the bubbly mess.
    shark scowls in response, and eden thinks he'd leave it at that before he hears a grumbled "what about it?"
    "wait, seriously? i mean, cough. boy, do i have some great advice for you!" his voice booms, not unlike a late-night infomercial. "okay, look, i might look, be young. but i have experience in these kind of things." again, eden lies through his teeth easily. he wonders briefly how'd it would feel like if lies had physical form and just. went through his teeth while he danced around the truth numbly. three out of four dentists hate him!, a voice in the back of his mind chimes in. that sounds right. anyways (the sequel).
    "you might want to get your notebook out for this. it's pretty long," eden warns, ignoring shark has nothing on his body (except his scars and his anger masking his social anxiety and likely, some knives handy for like, cutting fruit or something and the Edge Value).
    "mon- the professor likes books a lot, right? so first, you woo the guy by pining after him by afar, which, i guess, you have down." eden meets shark's glare at the comment and waves it off, mischief in his eyes. "then like, wait ─ is there a library around here? because like, this plan would be WAY better off if there was. ugh, fine, nevermind. you can just take, i mean, borrow ─with or without asking, no matter─ and make library cards for them. just put your name in those and return them discretely. don't tell him it's you who borrowed the books. he'll get annoyed maybe, but the romanticized curiosity-mystery-thing's gonna mask that so, whatever. and the next step is that you start making yourself known to him. but never reveal personal details unless he asks; keeping the mystery is key! also maybe like, become a violin-maker and maybe also also aspire to work to become a professional one in cremona, italy. violin-makers are practically kin with uh, mechanics anyways, right? all the while, you convince the professor to write his own book, chase his dreams. then you go to italy to train and come back after two months. you two meet again during the dawn you come back and he's finished his OG book and you're on your way in the violin-maker world, so you're both high on these feelings and confess your love to one another for like, ever. the end."
    shark mulls over the proposed plans and seems to decide they're alright or at least, pretends to, so that eden might get the idea to leave. actually, it happens more like: "okay. thanks for your weird story, kid. now skit."
    eden still beams watching the fisherman's face shift like a mood ring when pressed (if the metaphor rang true though, his face would be a broken [or cheap] mood ring that only shied into darker or warmer tones).
    "okay! i'll be needing 20 bucks as for the (down) payment for the great advice!" again, another dagger of a look from shark in reply. "how about, 19.99? okay, i was kidding! chill, sharkie. but seriously, good luck wooing the man of your dreams!" eden, finally, bows out, whistling good-naturedly on his way back and ignoring he'd just called shark sharkie and offered him the basic plot of studio ghibli's movie adaption of whisper of the heart as probably serious relationship advice (812 words ... whack).

tl;dr eden attempts to plagiarize his advice while antagonizing shark further! (824 words im done now)
ruse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby c a w. » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:14 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: c a w.
Link to sign-up post: XxX

Prompt response:

First of all,,
It’s better to know than not to.
You find yourself obsessively thinking about whether or not you should do the thing that you want to do.
Although it can be scary to finally send your crush that risky text or ask them out in person for fear of what they might say or think, in the end, it’s better to get it over with and get an answer either way.
Spending time stressing out about what could happen is not worth your time.
So, why not ask your crush out and see what they have to say?
You really don’t have much to lose in this situation.
If your crush isn’t absolutely honored to go on a date with you or doesn’t have the respect to turn you down nicely, then they are not someone that you should be spending time with anyway.
If this person is a part of your friend group, then they should be able to understand what you were willing to risk in order to ask them out and should admire you, rather than shame you!

What could you do? first of all, prepare for the worst.
Know the worst-case scenario before you go to ask out your crush. And then focus on how it’s really not that bad. The absolute worst thing that they can do is say no. From there, you’ll be able to move on. That doesn’t sound too bad, now does it?
Be confident when asking this person out too. Confidence is the most natural form of beauty. Know what you’re going to say and be confident when saying it. Your crush will like you ten times more if you believe in yourself. Whether you plan out exactly what you’re going to say to your crush or you decide to do it spontaneously, be confident in yourself and your abilities.

Phew, that wasn’t so bad, was it? Whether your crush said yes or no, be proud of what you have just done. Being open and vulnerable isn’t easy and it’s not something that you should just shrug off. You were able to gather the confidence in yourself to do something that you’ve wanted to do and that’s amazing — no matter the result!

374 words, phew.
Last edited by c a w. on Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
c a w.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me