A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby Kyar » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:19 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Kyar
Link to sign-up post: Twig slid up onto one of the rocks, not sure this was the activity he really wanted to spend his time on today.
Prompt response:

The rocks thundered like waves against... rocks. That kinda made sense, he supposed.

"I'm Twig," he began. "Well, I'm Jacob. But you can call me Twig." He swished his tail, shine glinting in the light for just a moment. "You can probably guess why. It's mostly my shine, but it's because I'm short too. Just like my dad." He sighed, adjusting himself slightly. This rock wasn't actually a very good seat.

"I grew up with my Dad mostly, Mom travels a lot," he explained. "She does some sort of job... at airports I think? She doesn't really talk about it," he admitted. "And I have two sisters and a brother, too," he went on. "They didn't want to come. I mean, maybe they did. But we could only get a couple of tickets if we saved up together, and... anyway. I decided to come and I thought my sister, Regina, was gonna come too, but she decided she was too scared of boats. She thought it was gonna sink."

He slid off the rock now, watching more closely. How was he doing that? Why would you want to break rocks, anyway? Why not just move them away?

"I guess it almost did. Maybe. I heard someone on board say that if we didn't stop when we did it might've blown up and we would've had to try to ride dolphins to shore," he laughed. "That's crazy, though, isn't it?"

Twig bent down, watching a strange little shiny beetle crawl across the ground. "You know," he thought aloud, "I think it would be nice to live on an island. We don't have any of this stuff. The bugs or trees or beaches. And it's so warm, all the time. Does it ever snow?"

It didn't really occur to him that he wasn't actually answering the question anymore. He was a little lost in thought.

Just a little.

"Anyway, I think this is kind of weird," he admitted. "The rocks. I think you should just put them in a wagon and dump them into the sea." He shrugged, trying to pick up one of the smaller ones. It was heavier than it looked. "Yeah, I just think there's a better way. There has to be a better way, don't you think?"

Have a good day y'all.
Please contact me here or on TH - I will no longer be using Discord!
Kyar

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanilla bean. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:37 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: vanilla bean.
Link to sign-up post: <3
Prompt response:
"Me? why, I was about to ask a bit more about you, but I suppose I could tell you a bit about life at home." She shrugged, rolling a chipped pebble around in her palm. "I've always been fond of the water." She murmured, looking up to see that Carter had stopped chipping away at the rocks and was staring at her. "I know, I know, you're surrounded by water, but I dug out this little pond myself. I couldn't have been more than 12. I didn't know how I was going to fill it, I just got to digging!" She exclaimed, tossing the pebble away. "It was amazing. I felt the earth growing cooler as I continued to dig, and a week or so later, the pond began to fill on its own. I thought for sure it was magic, but I realized later that I had started digging over a natural spring. It's the purest water I've encountered to date!"

"Oh? and what does one do with this special water?" Carter inquired, looking more thirsty than anything in the midday heat.

"Well, I myself use it for spells most often, but it does a damn good job of quenching my thirst too. By the way, you should drink some water yourself, you've been working for a while!" She got up and handed him her water bottle, and guested for him to hand the pickaxe over so he could take a little break. As he reluctantly handed over the axe, she had to ask- "What about you? What's your life like here?"

hey there, i'm abi!
lesbian - she / they - adopt storage
pms are always open, feel free to drop in <3

vanilla bean.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *Starshimmer* » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:42 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: *Starshimmer*
Link to sign-up post: xXx
Prompt response: Linked for size
.: TH .:. Caard .:. FR .:. PFQ .:. Goatlings :.

moderator/banker for kalons, slowly coming back from sick leave
currently lurking when i have the energy, replies will not be timely

*Starshimmer*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby xx. » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:43 am

un - ★ star child ★ | su - x | kal - antheia

Tell me about yourself!

"my home." antheia lifts her head, tilts it slightly, focusing on nothing in particular. it seems she's already half-wandered out of reality as she thinks. a smile curls her lips, tapping at the trunk below her paws as she thinks. when she finally speaks, she goes absolutely still.
"my home is beautiful. no matter what, it's always spring - no, not really, but metaphorically. consistent temperatures. average rainfall. very... normal, weather-wise."
she pauses for a second and life flows back into her, head dropping to blink at a flower that seems to be craning up towards her. she reaches her paw out to crush it, gently, back to the soil.
"they grow all year round, you know. the flowers. some people think they're a nuisance. a weed, i suppose. too many of them. they grow from the grass, between the cracks in concrete, from the thatch in our roofs. push through the bricks of our houses to bloom inside our walls. everywhere you go you see them - people try to dig them up but they just... grow back. persistent little things."
she raises her paw again and blinks at the flattened flower as though she hadn't even realised it was there. then she shakes her head.
"i could tell you about our sunsets, how they burn the sky and set the hills on fire. or the town, how everything is so clustered and close together that it seems like every time you draw a breath, the entire world around you breathes as well, suffocating. or even my house with hallways covered in chessboards, my roof where birds nest, stealing thatch for their chicks. but it wouldn't matter. in the end, all it all is, is flowers. everything is just about the flowers."
she closes her eyes this time when she raises her head, smile fading away.
"i guess i was stupid enough to believe that the ocean would let me escape, even for a while. obviously, i was wrong."
at the base of the tree trunk, the flower begins to reach for her again.

[343/200]
xx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tigressa » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:44 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: tigressa
Link to sign-up post:
Prompt response:
Aden beams. “Ah, well”, he starts, “It’s not much different from here. Maybe less water all around.” He laughs to himself. “Actually none at all. Because it’s a desert....”
He gestures vaguely at the trees. “Less of those...big leafy things...more dry plants. You know it’s pretty fascinating how they store water-“
(You start to grow tired as he rambles for the next half hour about different desert plants)
“And that is how they survive! Neat, huh? Oh wait what were we talking about- Oh.”
He seems to stop to think.
“Well there’s not really a whole lot of people all around. It gets kind of lonely. Luckily I live in a part closer to a city so it’s not too difficult to find something to do. The market is my favorite place, I seem to find something I want or need every time I go and the people are very sweet.”
He adjusts his hat.
“It’s...terribly hot. You’ll feel like your mouth is dry all the time. At least there is sort of a breeze here to relieve the heat but there it’s just...dry. You gotta stay hydrated! That is important regardless but especially there.”
Aden leans in. “I have a tip for you though...find a tall boyfriend. He can shield you from the sun.”
He winks.
Last edited by tigressa on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Radiation King » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:46 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: NCC-1701-D
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response:
Cesar grumbled for a few moments before shaking his head. “You really wanna know where I came from?” Cesar asked the kalon. “Because it’s a really long story that isn’t the most pleasant to hear... But I guess I can make it short and sweet just for you.” Cesar growler a little bit before he started spilling.

“I was originally born in Italy.” He began. “Americans always say how Italy is so nice because of our people and our foods.” He said in an irritable tone. “Well it isn’t. Not when you were born into a family business that you were forced into. Working with a mafia is hard, especially when it’s the most notorious one in Italy.” Cesar pauses and narrowed his eyes for a moment before going on.

“But I managed to somewhat escape. I snuck into a ship that landed me in New York. I built up my own mafia there since that’s all I ever knew how to do. Now I’m wanted in Italy AND New York because there are now Italians that were sent after me. I do love the Americas though regardless, even if I live a rough life with me new family who I needed to get away from temporarily, hence why I’m on this vacation in the first place.” Cesar looked annoyed since he was stranded on the island, but it was better than dealing with his problems in America for right now.

(241)

🆆🅷🅰🆃 🅷🅰🆅🅴
....🆆🅴 🅷🅴🆁🅴

call me rads. i haven't been
really active for a while but
i still grab the new pets.

just a grumpy old man tbh

🎵
Radiation King

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby UltimateKitty » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:49 am

Tell me about yourself!
    Username: UltimateKitty
    Link to sign-up post: here
    Prompt response:
    "so you really wanna know...?" taika said. it looked like she'd be going back on all her promises of nobody on the island needing to know who she was. she could trust this guy after all, right? it's not like he was documenting this stuff. with that thought in mind, taika took a deep breath, and she began to spill her life story.

"so, i live downtown in a big city which isn't all that great. people look at me funny, the subways are cramped, the apartments smell bad..." taika went on, but stopped and paused. "oh, sorry. i was rambling, wasn't i?" she said before continuing. "anyways, don't tell anybody, but... i may or may not have been a shut in for months up until i went on this vacation. please don't laugh." when she was met with a sweet silence as a response, and a look of intent from the blond, she breathed a sigh of relief and continued.

"ok, you might be wondering, how'd i survive? how'd i get food? how'd i pay the bills? there's a simple answer to that. i'm an indie game developer. i'd really hate to brag but my games kinda sell well and nobody has to care what i look like when i sell games to them." her eyes started to shine with passion and pride as she continued the subject. "i took up coding and game design when i was struggling to get a job. i practiced for a few years and i really liked where stuff was going. my fans like my stuff and i like my fans. it takes a while to crank out something good but i don't mind the time because the end product is always rewarding enough." taika stopped to think for a moment, tapping her foot as she glanced into the trees.

"...oh! i bet you wanna know what type of people i hang around. hard question to answer because i don't really hang around many people at all." she laughed, but a nervous tone crept through. i'm such a loser... taika thought. "well, i've got one friend who's really cool. her name's reayan and she always checks in on me and makes sure i'm doing alright. we met online and started talking because we both liked houseplants, and it turned out that she lived in town! best coincidence of my life. she takes me out to places if i'm feeling up to it, which has helped me come out of my shell a little." taika smiled, but her expression soon twisted into a frown as she remembered one more person. his name lingered in her mind from time to time, she swears she's forgotten but she always remembers.

"there's this one guy.... reayan introduced me to him. his name? doesn't matter. me, him and reayan were inseparable for a while, i started going out more, i talked more, just a whole lot of 'more.' but then... but then feelings and stuff got in the way and reayan was stuck in the middle of our quarrel. i felt bad for her and i just wanted it to end, so i... cut him off." taika glanced at the ground, but quickly snapped back to reality and looked back at carter. she apologized once more for her constant ramblings. "i should get going. sorry you had to listen, heheh!"
UltimateKitty

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:51 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: waffle02
Link to sign-up post: Here!
Prompt response:
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby spirittai1 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:52 am

Tell me about yourself!
    user: spirittai1 | sign-up post: zaara
    prompt response: above !
    -
    spirit | it/its
    lost a lot recently, not feeling well
    please be gentle
spirittai1

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby annie15970 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:54 am

Tell me about yourself!
Username: annie15970
Link to sign-up post: Boop
Prompt response: Settling down onto the ground, Theodoric sighed "My home is... It's messy and dangerous. There is crime throughout the whole city from muggings to people getting killed. Its terrible, but I suppose good for P.I. business." He pauses and looks awkwardly sheepish. "Apologies, its probably not what you wanted to hear." Going quiet for some time as he watched Carter work. The breeze was lightly ruffling his hair and he closed his eyes. It was rather enjoyable as the crunch of breaking rocks filtered into the background.

Looking back towards Carter, "Its not all bad though. There are spaces of respite, and doing what I do. I need them in between the cases or I'd go stark raving mad." He slouched forward and leaned his head against his hand. "Life continues whether we want it to or not. I think sometimes that I should move away and leave that whole mess behind. But the people I can help, it eases me when I see how happy they are."

Standing up and sweeping the sand off of his clothes he gave a nod towards Carter. "Well, I suppose I've taken up enough of your time. It was nice to meet you and who knows. Maybe we'll become friends." He begins to walk off the birdsong following as he goes.
annie15970

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me