A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

Postby CSMintCat » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 am

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
X
X
X
X

Fresh off the cruise ship, you feel that it would be best to look around the island and explore a little while repairs are going on. From your vantage point on the main deck, the island, just like the locals, seemed fun and colourful. The fresh air would do you good, you decide, and you were starting to feel a little stir-crazy on the ship anyways. (Plus, you couldn't wait to get to the beach...)

You take your time poking around the island, basking in the warm sun and soaking in the bright smiles of the locals as you finally stretch your legs. The ship was nice, yes, but so was solid land after staying on a ever-rocking boat for the past couple of days. Ambling past the shops along the docks, through the shell-littered beach (after taking a detour to wiggle your toes through the toasty sand, of course), and passing by rows and rows of houses with brightly-painted doors and white picket fences, you eventually come to a more secluded part of the island. The shade of the trees makes it much cooler here than the rest of the island, and you take the time to take a drink from your bottle of water and rest a bit.

As you rest on a large flat rock, you spot it.

There's a cozy log cabin here, tucked just along the edge of the treeline.

It's a little out of the place there among all the brightly-coloured houses and, intrigued, you head towards it to get a closer look. Circling around its perimeter, you admire the craftsmanship of the jointed-together logs and the brightly-painted door. You stand there for a moment, taking in the stacks upon stacks of chopped-up wood piled up against one of its walls, under an intricate-looking side roof.

It all looks rather homemade...

"Hey there!"

Your head whips around at the sound of a voice, startled for a moment as you catch sight of a figure leaving the dense treeline. It's tall and broad-shouldered, and from this distance you can see that it's carrying a hefty stack of logs in its hands. You freeze in place, becoming ever-so-aware that you may be trespassing before you try to convince yourself that the locals have all been very friendly so far...

As the figure continues towards you, you can finally make out the details of the approaching stranger; it's a blond Kalon, hair tied back and bright smile on his face. He pays no mind to your deer-in-headlights expression, walking past you to drop the logs alongside the others against the side of the cabin. Letting out a content sigh, he turns his attention to you.

"You must be from the cruise, huh?"

You nod, briefly explaining what happened to the ship.

"Yeah, I heard! Shame 'bout your ship...
I'm Carter, by th' way! I'm the carpenter around here. Nice t’meet you! What's your name?"

You're left there reeling slightly as Carter introduces himself, barely pausing to take a breath. (You're a little out of breath yourself, just from listening to him...) Still, his friendliness is rather refreshing, and you introduce yourself as you stick out your hand for him to shake, grinning. That grin falters slightly as he clasps your hand in his own, giving it a good shake.

Geez, that's a firm grip...

As you stand there, wringing your poor and and trying to recover from his iron grip (though it makes sense, you think, looking at all those logs that he carried), Carter speaks again.

"I'd love t'chat, but I've still got some work to do choppin' these logs.
With all th' newcomers on the island there's bound to be some things that need t'be repaired soon."

You must look a little disappointed, because Carter quickly continues.

"You're welcome to come back and visit again, though!
I can't guarantee that I won't be busy -got a lot of work t'do on th' island!-
but I'm always happy to have a visitor, even if it's just to chat for a bit."

You nod, feeling a little better despite yourself as Carter gestures towards a dirt road.

"That path will lead you to wherever you need to go on th' island.
Just follow the wooden signs and you'll be back to the docks in no time!"

Image Image
[Head back to the Kruise.]
Last edited by CSMintCat on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 am, edited 24 times in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A thick leather-bound book.

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:02 am

X
X

There's a thick leather-bound book here.
Carter must use it to keep track of his things...

Day 3 - July 20th
Hunt number one.
Results.

Day 6 - July 23rd
Hunt number two.
Results.

Day 11 - July 28th
Hunt number four.
Results.
Day 12 - July 29th
Prompt number five.
Results.
Last edited by CSMintCat on Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:11 am, edited 14 times in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

A small wooden sign.

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:03 am

X
X

There's a small wooden sign here...
You've seen them scattered all around the island; looks like they list information about the flora and fauna of Kalokairi.

Please note that these are general guidelines for the game;
it is advised that you also read each individual opening's guidelines and what's written here carefully!
Carter is an energetic fellow and likes to keep people on their toes!

✦ Prompts are both prompt and chance-based!
    Everyone who completes the prompt will get a set amount of Imagex3.
    However, by entering, you will get the chance to win greater prizes each opening!

✦ Trivia questions/riddles are based on smarts (kind of)!
    Everyone who PMs me with the correct answer will get a set amount of Imagex3.

✦ Nature hunts are hidden images!
    Be the first to find and post with a link to a hidden image and you'll get a varying amount of Image.
    Keep your eye out for other hidden things; who knows what you'll find in the jungle...
Last edited by CSMintCat on Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

There's a wooden bulletin board here...

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 am

X
X

There's a wooden bulletin board sign here...
Looks like it lists some information about the Kalokairi's jungle.

✦ What time does everything open/close?
    Trivia and prompts will open every day at rollover, while nature hunts has the possibility of opening any time between rollover and three hours before rollover.
    Trivia questions/riddles and prompts will close at 5pm EST (three hours before rollover) and nature hunts will close whenever all items are found (or three hours before rollover if all items are not found by then).
      Three hours before rollover/5pm EST is 21:00 CS time, which you can check on this handy clock.
    The buffer is so that everything can be noted, logged, and ready before the next rollover occurs.
    (I am just one person so Blease.)

✦ Any limits?
    All prompts have a minimum that is listed in the "Guidelines" of the prompt's opening post.
      All writing must be a minimum of 200 words.
      All drawings must be at least a recognizable, clean sketch or a lined piece.
    There is no maximum limit for writing or art, but please keep it reasonable for lil ol' me to read.

✦ Where will all the results be posted?
    You can find the results of all the games posted here on this thread!
    For a compiled list of all the game openings and results, please consult this post.

✦ Any other things to keep in mind?
    For prompts, please pick either art or writing to do!
      (That means no additional descriptions or speech bubbles for your artwork!)
      The point of the art option is to answer with art as clearly as you can!
      If you cannot properly convey what’s happening in your art without words, you should stick with the word option!
    Please do not post WIPs of prompts!
      You may edit your (completed) entries once you have posted, but make sure to keep track of when the edit is submitted to make sure it's within the deadline!
    Please only send one guess in your trivia PM.
      PMs with multiple answers will not be counted.
    Please do not share answers to the riddles/trivia questions.
      (They're simple enough, m'dudes.)
      If it is discovered that answers are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.
    Please do not share the locations of hidden items.
      If it is discovered that links are being shared, all parties involved will be barred from further participating in any games on this thread.

✦ Are we allowed to pretty up our posts?
    Feel free to do so!
    It ultimately will not affect the judging of your entry, though.

✦ What can we win?
    Varying amounts of Mermaid Scales.
    "They shift colours in the sunlight..."

Used to purchase items from the Gift Shop.

Antique Compass Item
    "Carter seems to be fond of it."

Halo edit.

✦ Yo, who did the pixels?
    Got 'em from here, m'dudes.
Last edited by CSMintCat on Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

The sound of the wind in the trees.

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:05 am

Just in case.
Last edited by CSMintCat on Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Treeline.

Postby CSMintCat » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 am

X
X
X
X
X

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Tell me about yourself! - Prompt Number One

Postby CSMintCat » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:45 pm

Following Carter's words, you had decided to return to the log cabin to pay the bubbly Kalon a visit.

"Oh, watch your step!"

As you round the corner of the log cabin, you narrowly miss tripping on a pile of carefully stacked rocks, stumbling forward a few steps before catching yourself. Further into the clearing, you see Carter with another pile of similar, if not larger, rocks. He waves as you shoot him a grin, grateful for the warning.

“Hello again!”

He waves you over and gestures to a nearby tree stump, and you give your own greeting before settling down beside him to watch him work. The two of you sit in silence for a while, the clearing silent except for birdsong and the sound of Carter breaking rocks. After a long while, he speaks again, sounding wistful.

"Man, it must be fun t'be able to travel an' explore new places…
Say, what’s it like where you’re from? I'd love to hear about it while I work!"

You think over your response for a bit before replying...

Breaking rocks is pretty hard work, and what's better than telling stories to pass the time?
Looks like Carter wants to know more about where your Kalon came from, so why not tell him about it?
What's it like where your Kalon is from?

Code: Select all
[b]Tell me about yourself![/b]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Link to sign-up post:[/b]
[b]Prompt response:[/b]

[Guidelines:]
All writing must be a minimum of 200 words.
All drawings must be at least a recognizable, clean sketch or a lined piece.
Please only post finished forms! (NO RESERVATIONS OR WIPS!)

[End date:]
Thursday, July 18th, 2019 at 5pm EST.
Three hours before rollover.

CSMintCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby clarke, » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:02 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: clarke,
Link to sign-up post: click!
Prompt response:
seafoam thought about the day behind him: the cruise crashing, the bar fights, even the swim suit competitions and the only word that came to his mind when carter asked him about where he was from was: "boring," he answered, looking at carter with a soft smile, shining eyes, and yet a heart longing for his boring town. "but it also feels like home." seafoam continued, taking a seat next to carter. his tail brushed the blonde kalon briefly. "there's a sense of relief whenever you walk into the door of your house and see everything waiting for you just the way you left it. there's a comfort in the familiarity of it all." he paused, reflecting back to his warm bed, lavender smelling sheets, and eccentric chandeliers in his house. "when you cross the town lines and the houses are recognizable, you begin to get excited for your boring, old home. there is a safety in the friendly faces." seafoam blinked softly, pausing to dig his paws deeper into the sand around them. "the best feeling in the world is passing someone on the street and saying, 'hey! it's good to see you,'" because it is, they're one face in a crowd of one hundred strangers that you feel comfortable retreating to." he smiled again, this time his eyes shining with tears rather than lust for his home. "it's home, carter. if i told you about the four shops we have downtown, the run down bars and old buildings falling apart, you wouldn't be interested. but it's my home and it's where i love. it is where i feel safe."

[ 271 words ]
clarke,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

[danny devito voice] im the trashman!

Postby suds » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:32 pm

user: suds, hi! / sign-up: here / kal: saki / team: octopi

saki settled down a stump beside the charismatic kalon, watching in subtle awe at his profession. "you got a home?" he huffed, whamming a rock in two. he squinted his eyes, reading his lips and nodding at his question. he mussed with his shirt, smoothing out the creases and smiling to himself at the tackiness of it all. the cabin was nice, settled tween the woods. it smelled clean around him, and musty with mud and soil. the air was thick with humidity from the ocean, and saki took a deep breath in.

carter wiped the sweat from his forehead. "quiet one, aint'cha? i don't bite! these muscles are used for rock smashing and bear hugs!" he shouted a little too loudly, scaring the birds off in the trees behind him. saki peered up at him, laughing at his comment about his muscles. he pulled his badge out of his pocket, pointing to the blue symbol: HEARING IMPAIRED. carter raised his eyebrows thoughtfully, returning to his work. he had been holding back due to politeness, but with his newfound knowledge he smashed the rocks together as he would if he was on his own.

the boy twiddled his thumbs while carter sat down, taking a break. "you like the cabin?" he asked, figuring saki can read lips due to earlier. he nodded, taking a deep breath and smiling to show him. "smells good, yeah? nothin' like some fresh air. i love it out here," he pulled up his shirt sleeve, wiping the dirt and grime that accumulated on his face. "what's your home like?" he asked, enunciating though it wouldn't really help.

digging through his pocket, saki pulled out his wallet and flipped through some of the pictures inside. he pulled out a few polaroids, each showing... trash? millennials and their humor these days, carter thought to himself. saki pointed to a small hut in the background, cans and lights askew along the shelters floor. saki sat in the dirt, fiddling with a clock he had found earlier that day. carter held the picture gingerly, squinting to make out all the details. the other pictures were similar, all showing scenes of piles of garbage and broken down cars. saki seemed happy in all of them.

"bet it smells better out here than there," he joked, handing the photos back. he paused on the last one, a picture of a boy about sakis age smiling and sitting with saki, they must've taken a timed photo because he didn't quite make it back. scribbled on the bottom of the picture were the words: my home is when i'm with you. saki looked longingly at the pictures before carefully putting them back in his wallet. carter looked at saki softly, realizing just how hard it must be for him.

"c'mon, let me show you around. you ever seen a bear before?" he offered, standing and motioning to the various trails that weaved through the woods. saki squinted his eyes and shook his head, unsure. "dont worry. im like the hulk. certified muscle man. i mean, i lift rocks and lumber for a living!"

[ 518 words ]
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #1 Open!]

Postby Rabbit » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Tell me about yourself!
Username: Rabbit
Link to sign-up post: click
Prompt response:

"Oh uh,,, me?" Spence responds after a few seconds, not entirely sure who this strange fella is talking to. He's the only other Kal around, so unless he's a bit kooky, then...

"Well, uh," the neon Kalon starts, shifting a little in the sand, "I'm from your average medium-sized city, ya know, with those large skyscrapers and millions of buildings here and there. I don't think it's really anything special, but it's pretty nice at least. There's anything I really ever need there, so I don't have to worry about going miles away for food or drink or anything of the sort. It's still something special to me, at least, because, well..." He trails off, deciding to sit down on a log nearby, before continuing his story.

"Because that's where I met the love of my life. And before you give me the "oh, well, how do you know they're the love of your life" talk, I don't, but at the same time, I do. Maybe I'm not a wisened old man yet, but what's the point of being in a relationship with someone unless you believe, at least a little bit, that you could be with them for a long long time, if not forever. Anyways, when I see him, I feel like I'm seeing the future in him. Sometimes I'll look at him when we're talking a walk, seeing the sun hit the side of his face, and I'll see flashes of, i dunno, the future, where we're talking more walks together, sitting down to eat at a restaurant together, moving in, etc. It's not something I can easily explain, but the feeling itself is a rush of comfort and that's not something I'm used to. My family, when I still lived with them, was always very hyperactive and tense. They never wanted to waste a second, and I hated that. But Roman showed me another side to life, and he's what made the city special for me. So maybe the city itself isn't really special on the grand scale, but to me, and I'm sure to others, it's special in its own unique way. It's just not the same for everyone, but I think that's the best part.

So...," Spencer grinned awkwardly, scratching his head.

"What about you?"
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me