A cozy log cabin... [Game #12 Closed!]

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Re: A cozy log cabin... [Game #4 Open!]

Postby hellb0und » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:23 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
      Username: inferno.
      Link to sign-up post: xx
      Prompt response: The huntress quirked a single eyebrow, shaking her head. Social cues were not her thing, but relationship advice? That was a whole other level. She wished more then ever she had her husband by her side as if shutting her eyes and wishing for the blue-eyed blonde would work. "Relationship advice, huh...?" Katniss spoke, a deep exhale passing through her lips. "Well, really depends on what kind of guy he is. If he's approachable and friendly, I'd say go for it. Otherwise, try and give it time." It was lackluster for sure, but a start. She'd done her best to reflect on her and Peeta's relationship, unwillingly confirmed by the Capitol before they got any - or she, rather - say in it. From then on the pair found love, never really specifically asking each other out, but rather just letting it happen. "If he's known him for a long time, and there knows of his interests, he could do something related to that? Or he could outright admit his feelings, just let it all go." She bit her lip, looking down. "I'm not very good with this kind of thing, after all, there are so many factors that go with it." She gave a faint smile afterward.
hellb0und

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ThatPinkThing » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:26 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: ThatPinkThing
Link to sign-up post: here
Prompt response: (324 words)
    Eleanor's eyebrows shoot up in surprise. Caro? Like, Shark Caro? Boy, he could eat a lemon and maintain that pokerface of his, Eleanor thinks. But as she thinks more about it, a smile creeps to her face. Monty, hmm? What a pair they would be. Alright, you're getting ahead of yourself, Eleanor. She puts her hand to her chin as she thinks. "Well, Monty likes books a whole lot, perhaps we could have Shark ask for a recommendation and then use that to (A) get to know him a little, seeing as you can tell a lot about someone by their favorite book, and (B) it can be a talking point for him to use as a starter. I'll admit, I don't know Shark very well. Quite frankly I think he wants it that way. But the point is I don't know if that's too out-of-the-norm for him or if he's looking for something more subtle. What do you think?" Eleanor doesn't really give Carter time to respond aside from a few words that she barely catches while she's deep in thought. "If asking for a book is too suspicious for him, then perhaps we could tell him to just come right out and say it? Shark's not really known for beating around the bush, after all. Perhaps being bold and just straight-up asking Monty to dinner or a night out is the best move for him." Eleanor's face contorts into a few different expressions as she thinks over how each idea might end. "Personally, I think he should be bold, but in the end it'll be up to him." She looks over at Carter and smiles. A faint hint of blush creeps to her face and she's thankful for her rosy pink fur that has masked her blush before. Being bold isn't something she herself could do with a crush, so it's a little hypocritical to suggest it, but this isn't about her...!
x
x
x
x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

you can call me Kels or Pink - she/her - adult

my kalons
🏡 toyhou.se🏡
✏️ commissions✏️

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ThatPinkThing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby -pidge » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:41 pm

RelationSHIP advise![/b]
Username: my.chai
Link to sign-up post: Forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4123900&p=125986204&hilit=willow#p125986204
Prompt response:

On her way to the rock pools, Willow spots Caro fiddling with his fingers and mumbling to himself. Suddenly, she remembers what Carter asked of her yesterday, so, without hesitation, she approached him tapping Caro on the shoulder.
"I'm not the wisest, nor the most experienced, but throughout the years, I've learned a thing or to about relationships..."
Caro's attention is driven towards Willow, his eyes wide and a troubled expression on his face.
"How-How do -you" He exclaims, barley letting the words out of his mouth, "W-W-what do y-you know?" Caro tenses and looks on the urge of tears.
"It's ok- I won't tell anyone- I promise" Willow reassures him,
"You- promise-?" He asks, calming down a little. Willow nods and sits on a rock beside him.
"I thought you could do with a little advice, you know, to help you out-"
Caro stares off into space but bobs his head up and down.
"I Like him, a lot, but I don't know if I'm ready, if he's ready, I just don't want to lose what we already have."
"Well, a relationship starts with a hello, a greeting, an introduction, but its only when a ribbon connects to the two, is when a relationship is born." Willow begins, she thought it would be best to start from the beginning, so she and Caro are on the same page.
"What if I don't know if anything there" he interrupts, bitting on his nails.
"You'll know the right from the wrong, as long as you answer the truth to yourself with your heart; Although it seems cliche, its some of the best advice one can give-
Sealing the knot of the ribbon is the hard part, you need to trust one another, and yourself, for the future bond between the two of you." Caro locks eyes at me;
"Wait- why am I asking this from you- I mean- you're a kid." He rubs his temples suggesting he's going insane.
"And your point is? Kids can have relationships to, not always romantic, but ones that prepare us for them, we don't all have the perfect relationships- in fact, most of them are messy and unexpected, and you know they're the most valuable because you know that your bond has made it through the obstacles you've faced on the way. That's when you know, you have a soulmate by your side."
Caro glares at me, in awe at my response.
"Think of a person as a box of chocolates. You have the option of the ones on sale, but half of them you don't like, so therefor- your not getting your money's worth. On the other hand, you have the expensive one, they contain a majority of your favorite chocolates, but there's always that one chocolate that you never touch. Can you live with the faults of the overall package, or will its cons overpower the happiness of the relationship?" She glances back a Caro, and its as if his eyes captured the sun and put it out for the world to see. She knew she had down what was required of her, leaving Caro swimming in the depth of his mind, it was in his hands now.
Last edited by -pidge on Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, im pidge/bee!
Feel free to message me, I don't bite!
(discord; pigeons.#4071)
Here are my kals]

-pidge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lepid » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:30 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: DoubleInfiniti
Link to sign-up post: Here
Prompt response:

Fawkes's face turned a bright pink and he suddenly looked uncomfortable at the mention of relationships. He was the last person that should be giving relationship advice and he got embarrassed just thinking about it! "Well uh.." Fawkes started as he tried to dig up some previous experiences that he has had with asking someone out. His face only got redder and he shook his head. "I generally just stare at the person I have feelings toward and hope that they notice eventually."

Fawkes ran his fingers through his hair nervously as he smiled a little bit. "That's really unrealistic though and not likely to work so I'd personally find a way to sneak a flower or an anonymous note to the Kalon I'd want to ask out. I would perform a lot of small gestures toward this Kalon that I had feelings for to show them that I really liked them."

He paused for a moment before suddenly chuckling.

"Worst case scenario you could just invite your crush over and watch a scary movie with them. That way when they're frightened and holding you, you can cherish those moments and plant the seed in. Or if you don't like scary movies then completely ignore what I just said." Fawkes shook his head as he kept chuckling. "Just keep it simple by staring at the Kalon long enough and cross your fingers that they somehow take notice."

(237)

Lepid - She/her & They/them - INFJ - Adult

Mainly here to lurk and adopt pets.

Credits: Wolfboy (th), palelibrarian (dA)
Lepid

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby waffle02 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:34 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: waffle02
Link to sign-up post: Here
Prompt response:
"Haha sure I can definitely help," I said slowly, lying in the heat of the moment. I shrugged and chuckled as I thought, having an internal battle with my mind...

Allison you stupid idiot you are literally the worst person to ask about this.

I know, but I can't leave Carter alone in this when I'm the one who coerced him into spilling the beans.

That's his fault not yours, and besides what advice can you give huh? You know nothing about relationships! You literally have had a crush on a guy for years now and have done NOTHING ABOUT IT.

Ack don't bring that up now this isn't the time!

But how can you come up with advice for relationships when you have none to give?

Ugh brain you are so right and I hate that about you...

After realizing quite a few minutes has passed with Carter just awkwardly staring at me I gave an awkward smile.
"Ahaha sorry just trying to think. Um relationship advice right well maybe Caro could..."

"Caro could what?"

Well that voice was unmistakable. I turned to see the distinct braid and greasy paws of Caro, most likely just finishing up some work.

This is what you get for being an idiot.

BRAIN I DON'T NEED YOUR SASS RIGHT NOW!

"Oh hey Caro! Well I was just talking to Allison and I kinda um, well I slipped about your crush, BUT I think she has some great advice for you to help!" Caro slightly reddens at Carter admittance but overall seems composed, probably because he is more embarrassed about his secret then mad about Carter spilling it.

"Alright well then," Caro said while clearing his throat, "get on with it."

Crap.

Crap is right brain thanks for your commentary. I almost wish he was mad because now he might actually take my advice seriously when I have no experience...and he seems like such a nice guy, though with a very tough and grumpy exterior.

Well the longer you wait here the more awkward things are going to get, they are already both staring at you so get on with it!

I took a deep breath. "So I'm definitely no expert..."

That's an understatement.

"But I do think honesty is always a great policy so why don't you just, admit your feelings?"

Maybe you should listen to your own advice hypocrite.

Not now brain!!

Caro seems slightly disappointed by my answer, but mostly just because I think he was hoping for something easier. And boy did I wish there was something easier.

"Oh, well but how do I bring it up?"

Man I wish I knew the answer to that question...
The awkward tension between the three of us was growing and I don't do well with that, as my brain and I know well. So in the moment I just slowly lifted my right arm and firmly grasped Caro's shoulder. Then as I made the most cool expression I could think of I said, "Hey."

Well that didn't help the awkwardness in the air at all did it.

My face quickly turned red and I choked on the air I was trying to inhale. Carter seemed worried about me as I almost hacked up a lung. Caro just seemed, confused and grumpy? Honestly I can't read that dude for the life of me.
As I regulated to normal human breathing I slowly looked at Caro and said, "Sorry, what I was trying to show was that you should just be direct with him. Don't be afraid and just go for it. Honestly I wish I could take that advice myself for my own feelings, but in the mean time I really hope it works out for you!"

Caro didn't appear to be phased. But slowly his lip turned up slightly and he chuckled. Then he turned and left, probably just heading back to work.
♪♫♪My Characters and Adopts
♪♫♪ Art Shop - OPEN
♪♫♪My JBDs
♪♫♪ My Kalons

ImageImage
waffle02

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cribunni » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:48 pm

[ l i i l y || prompt 4 || sign up || team squids !! ]

“What? Shark’s got a crush? On MONTY? That’s adorable..” Carter snorted at Prince’s observation, a quirk in his smile. “Don’t worry, Carter!! Doctor love is on the case.” His voice danced in his throat as he said ‘love’, a giant grin on his face. Before Carter could change his mind, Prince practically ran through the rows of houses. He didn’t need to search, he knew exactly where Shark would be. Prince slowed to a trot as he neared the whale watching area. There were several Kalons there, all pointing and chatting excitedly. In the middle of it all was Monty himself, adjusting his glasses and spouting facts to the Kalons. And far behind the group, trying to look nonchalant but failing miserably was Shark. “Shark! Hey man, can I talk to ya’ for a sec?”Shark jumped — humorously high — and glared at Prince, broken from his trance. “Prince.. what do you want?” Prince giggles beneath his breath, grasping Shark’s wrist and forcing him to follow. Once they were far from earshot of the group, Prince sat down and dangled his legs over the ledge, patting the ground beside him. Shark raised a critical eyebrow, but settled beside him all the same.
Okay. This is important, Prince. You have to handle the situation calmly- “OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE A CRUSH” Shark’s eyes widened, a blush immediately running up his neck. “WHAT? No I- how- who told you?!” Prince grinned as he stuttered about, a strange fondness spreading throughout his chest. “Carter did. He told me you needed some advice..” Shark opened his maw to respond, before snapping it shut and crossing his arms. A pout formed on his face. “You should tell him, man! It’ll make-” Prince was cut off by an angry growl. “No. I can’t tell him. It’s not that easy. What if he.. rejects me.” Shark’s words were small, quiet. Sadness for the strong man clouded Prince’s better judgment, and before he knew it, he was wrapping the man in a hug. Shark tensed, before reluctantly returning it. Prince withdrew, giving him a small smile. “I’d like to tell you that I’m an expert at love, but I’m not. I’ve seen it enough times though, that I know what it looks like.” Shark drew his eyes away, looking towards the breaching wales in the waves below. “Love is really.. hard. I know movies make it look like everyone always runs into their soulmate at the store, or spills their drink or something, and they lovingly lock eyes and boom, they’re together forever. Y’know I wish it was that easy, truly. But love in reality takes a lot more work than what it’s portrayed to. I know it’s scary for your heart to beat for someone else, and there’s always this.. ugly truth that your love might not feel the same. But there’s beauty behind that ugliness.” Shark has looked to Prince now, eyes wide and glassy. “Look, I know how frightening this is. And I can’t promise you it’ll go 100% the way you want it to. But how are you gonna know how he feels about you if you don’t ask him?” Shark anxiously wrung his paws together, mumbling. “But what if he hates me for it? What if he doesn’t feel the same-” “But what if he loves you for it? I’m just sayin’, there are infinite possibilities in love. Even for you.” Shark looked at him with a slightly opened mouth, his expression vulnerable. And to Prince’s utter surprise, the man leaned forward and wrapped him in a hug. “Thank you.” Shark bounced to his feet, confidence ablaze in his pupils. He strutted over to the man, who now stood alone before the setting sun. Prince watched as Shark tapped him on the shoulder, and began to speak. He watched as Monty gasped, smacking his paws onto his face. An obvious smile hid beneath, and he could hear Shark’s laugh echo through the warm summer air.
There are infinite possibilities in love. And in this story, love prevailed.

ImageImageImage
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MATTY !! ANY PRONOUNS !! LESBIAN
deviant art . toyhou.se . art shoppe .
cribunni

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby recherché. » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:01 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
Username: recherché.
Link to sign-up post: here!
Prompt response:
kina raised a brow at the strange request of needing relationship advice but decided to go along with it anyway. "relationship advice huh?", she let out a small laugh as she realized the small pun, "relationship.. ship.. aha". she awkwardly laughed before gaining her composure. she wasn't really one to give advice because nobody really came to her for help but she appreciated anybody who did. "well, for starters..", she trailed off while thinking of her boyfriend, "you should get to know them. whatever you do.. do not jump head first into a relationship because that's just asking for trouble." a small smile formed on her face as she thought of the day that started it all. the one day everything changed. snapping herself back to reality, kina continued on with her advice, "start off as friends and just go from there? it doesnt hurt to confess your feelings along the way but not right when you first meet them." she shrugged while trying to think of what else to say, glancing up to watch the clouds dancing across the sky. "oh!! you should also do something sweet for them to confess once you do! maybe bake them something or make them a cute little card? that's what i'd do at least. i didnt have to do that for my boyfriend though", kina giggled and ran her fingers through her long locks of hair, "we started off as friends and then gradually went on dates.. he's so amazing. i dont have to do anything fancy for him and he's still satisfied. there was one time where he burned his chicken nuggets and cried about it for hours. even after i took him out to get more nuggets." she huffed before realizing that she was rambling about her boyfriend. she could do it all day and was about to but that's for another time. "a-anyway!! good luck with your love life, friend!"
[321/200].
recherché.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dreamyEnding » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:13 pm

RelationSHIP Advice
|| livvyah | octopus | Joulie | 398 words ||

||| Joulie managed not to giggle right in Carter's face, but she didn't contain the smile that quickly lit up her face. "Y'know, gossip makes an... uh, well, it's just a bit rude to do it," Joulie said through a grin, deciding not to cuss in front of a stranger. (Speaking of, most of these kalons are strangers, which one was Monty?) "And I have a feeling that sending a rando to go give him love advice might not be what makes him forgive you," her twin tails twitching one after the other in amusement, "especially a gaggle of strangers, feels like you've told half the island huh?"

||| Joulie just grinned passively as Carter worked though his sputtered excuses of why it seemed like every kalon who had come by the cabin today had ended up tailing Carcharodon to give him some awkward word or another. (It was an incredibly familiar situation wasn't it, some kiddo tells their friend about their crush and suddenly 30 other kalons have things to say and are all meddling and trying to set them up. She could only hope that some of the kalons sent on this love quest were more tactful then her 6th graders.)

||| Listening through Carter's babbling, she finally parsed that Monty was the whale watching leader that came on the boat with them, at that she clapped Carter on the shoulder, stopping him in his tracks. "You both do remember that we've only been around for like, what, 2 days?" Not bothering to listen to his response she moved forward, "You should probably remind Carcharodon of that, and tell him to slow down," she pointed a finger at him with some sternness, "they need to get to know each other on a real basic level first, y'know? Things are gonna crash and burn if they're trying to learn about each other romantically and on a time limit. Monty doesn't seem the type to have a spine when pushed and a situation like that will only build resentment."

||| Finally softening a little bit Joulie backed off, "it's just good to make sure they're being smart and not caught up in the air of this situation. Less heartbreak later," Carter nodded slowly and mumbled some form of understanding, Joulie smiled and turned to leave quipping over her shoulder, "and of course, stop gossiping." Her twin tails wagged at Carter's indignant groan.

about wrote:Liv
they • she
#girl
links wrote:Liv#5814
use my TH for
art/design credit!

notice wrote:please check out
MODULAR! my free
toyhouse layout!
you pick what's in it!
transfers wrote:I approve all out
of species transfers.

dreamyEnding

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ross & rachel did it so it works

Postby suds » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:20 pm

user: suds, hi! / sign-up: here / kal: saki / team: octopi

fumbling with the wicker, saki let out a huff of frustration. carter tapped sakis knee. ”so, these two-“ he held up a picture of shark and prof. monty ”are um.... going through kind of a rough patch,” saki watched carters mouth while he was trying to weave his basket. he kept taking quick glances while talking. ”so i was wondering- no you go under on that one- do you have any advice i can give them? he looked at saki with hopeful eyes.

saki handed his basket to carter who picked up the pattern immediately. saki squinted in jealously at his skill. he took his expo marker out of his pocket, holding the picture in frame. he scribbled on it for a second, carter hummed while he wove the basket. saki flipped the picture around when he was done, pointing at the top, where he drew clouds. ”rain?” carter grunted, raising his eyebrows. saki moved and pointed to monty and shark in the middle, drawing ‘kisses!’ and hearts around them.

”what? kissing in the rain?” carter finished the basket, setting it aside. saki signed ”friends”, which carter knew, and shook his head. ”no- theyre in love, B O Y F R I E N D S" he grumbled at his obliviousness. saki pursed his lips and wrote on the frame ‘f.r.i.e.n.d.s. TV show’. carter blew air out of his mouth, as one does, and laughed quietly.

”saki thats not how relationships work!”

[ 242 words ]
      [ kept it short for ya (: ]
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sentimental » Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

RelationSHIP advice!
─────────────────

username: sentimental_android
link to sign-up post:

─────────────────
r e s p o n s e:

─────────────────
Syrilli stared at the man in front of him as he continued to sand the table, albeit much more sheepishly.

"The pointy dude at the docks? The old mechanic?" Syrilli barks out a laugh, "And that professor ??
He doesn't even have sea legs! BWAHA!"
He holds his stomach as he wheezes out a few more seconds
of raucous laughter, and then wipes the tears from the sides of his eyes.

"Ahh it's too perfect. The two old dopes." At Carter's side eye, Syrilli huffed and crossed his arms.
"Older than me anyways! Maybe around Lucien's age." As Syrilli watched the table's wood slowly
whittle down to a smooth grain, he sighed. "Relationship advice, huh?" He began to fiddle with
his dangling earring in thought.
"When I met my, uh? Boyfriend? Ew, that ain't right- partner? Partner I guess, it was because I
keyed one of his cars before high-tailing it from his, uh, men? I guess."

Syrilli looked at his foot. He stared at it. Maybe if he stared hard enough he'd think better.
"I'm really not, ah, the type ? For advice- really. Luci's always handled the more romantic jazz-"
He paused and tapped his chin.
"I dunno, they both seem like kinda antique types- maybe they're into the old candlelit dinner thing?
Ole' Sharkie's a mechanic right? That probably means he can man a kitchen- maybe tell him to
just invite the dusty old nerd over and have dinner? Maybe do the 'adult' thing and talk about
their feelings?"
Syrilli shrugged, he was pretty over this conversation. Never really was any good
at anything other than swearing. He sat down on a tree stump nearby Carter as he watched the man
continue his struggle with the table.

"So anyways ! Whatcha makin' that for?" he grinned out.

[298 words]

─────────────────
sentimental

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me