Nox | Arcadian Equinox (DNP)

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Nox | Arcadian Equinox (DNP)

Postby RosslynRouge » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:32 pm

Arcadian Equinox
{Images not by me; links to original sources attached}
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
A fierce pack of wild Nox, free from the influence of humans.
Arcadian Equinox is home to the Nox once of other packs; the independent, and the rejected. While not lawless, members are free to do as they please, provided they follow the most basic of requirements: provide food for the pack, be present when needed, and have complete loyalty to the pack.

For this reason, many of the Arcadian Equinox live dual lives. However, the freedom they are offered only increases pack solidarity. Nox in this pack are loyal to their last breath, out of gratitude for their final acceptance.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Level: 5
Pack Members: 3
Open Slots: 10

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Tasks:
» Create a personality or history for two Nox's
» Draw or order art for two Nox's
» Write about or draw one scene of your choice

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Art
Art

The Pack
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Leader
Dante
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Deputy
Seraphine
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Healers
Aquila | Aurus
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Pack Members
Corvus | Demeter | Indigo | Valentino
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Pups
Aurus
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:42 pm, edited 32 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Territory

Postby RosslynRouge » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:51 pm

Territory
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

The Forest
The expensive forest that is home to the pack is dense, and packed with trees and shrubbery. Moss covers the branches where leaves are absent, and provides a soft cover on the slippery rocks. The wide variety of flora, as well as countless boulders and caves, provide plenty of cover. Due to their environment, the Nox of Arcadian Equinox have developed a stealthiness closer to that of a cat than a canine. Rather than chasing prey down and slowly weakening it, a group will silently surround their prey, and quickly end their attacks.

No human dares enter the forest; not only is it a site of reverence to the locals, due to it being believed to be the resting site of the souls of their ancestors, but the outskirts are also the residence of feral, savage Nox, which even attack each other. These Nox are enemies of Arcadian Equinox, and members of the pack are expected to kill or chase any who wander too close.

Fallen Tree
Within a forest clearing, there lies a single tree with leaves that remain a deep red through all seasons. In Autumn, the leaves do not fall, either; instead, they provide shelter and insulation from the snow and rain. As a central den, the Nox of Arcadian Equinox are protected from harsh conditions, as well as enemies. The thick branches act as walls, preventing intrusion.

This is where most members of the pack can be found. Even the most independent will return to the fallen tree to bring offerings of food, and warnings of nearby strangers.

Moonlight Loch
A sacred gathering place, from which no Nox is permitted to drink except for during the Equinox Ceremony. The water is an unusually bright blue, which appears to glow under the light of the full moon. The water is believed to promote strength and good health to those who drink it, due to its purity and unique colour.

Any Nox caught drinking from the loch is punished severely, through banishment, or potentially death.

Lavender Fields
Once a year, the section of the forest sparse of trees bursts into colour, filled with the gently swaying lavender flowers. The scent attracts many creatures, making it a great hunting site for young Nox to learn the art of stealth, while providing easy food after the often harsh Winters of the forest. After a mere 2 weeks, the flowers fade and wither until they disappear, waiting for the next 2 weeks of Spring.

The flowers serve as a representation of the maturation of a pup into an adult. The year following their Summer birth, they will witness the flowers for the first time, and here they will hunt and perfect their training until the last flower dies. On this occasion, a young Nox is considered to have proven themselves within the pack, and is granted the grown rank that this right of passage earns them.

Forest Overhang
A stone ledge at the highest point in the forest, from which the entire territory can be seen. Far in the distance, the village can be seen at the edge of the trees. The Fallen Tree lays not far below, easily visible in its clearing. The change of the seasons can be seen most clearly from the Overhang, and allows Nox to predict the harshness of the coming Winter.

This is a point of advantage in battle, as the commanders may observe the approach of opponents to form a strategy. A pair of Nox are positioned here to watch over the den during the night. Their howls of warning can be heard from the Fallen Tree, so that the other pack members may prepare for an attack.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Dante

Postby RosslynRouge » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:37 pm

Dante

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Siblings: None Living
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Intelligent and cunning, Dante relies on tricks and his charismatic words to resolve issues with other Nox; the former being a characteristic which oftentimes leads to him receiving more than just a few angry growls in response. However, he tends to be amused by reactivity, making situations even worse when he continues his jibes.

Although a decent fighter, he prefers to leave physical combat to his second in command unless absolutely necessary, feeling it largely unnecessary. His ability to be so persuasive is beneficial in convincing other Nox to join his pack, or to grant him favours; he tends to abuse this attribute by convincing others to lie for him or perform his less desirable tasks.

Many Nox wonder how one so young could be a good leader. Being one of the younger Nox of the pack, he is perceived by strangers as inexperienced; but his youth is what allows him to learn about and adapt to change within the territory so easily, while also being willing to experiment. Instead of strictly following rules and traditions, he would rather lead through innovation, with the flexibility to change when needed.

Even with his usually flippant nature, Dante is capable of being serious in the most dire instances. If something threatens his pack, he refuses to rest until the threat is extinguished; even if it means putting himself at serious risk. This is one of his major downfalls; an obsession with vengeance, and recklessness when those he loves are in danger. Many of his opponent have used this to their advantage, attempting to weaken him by harming the Nox closest to him.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Dante was born to parents living in the outskirts of the forest, before any Nox lived within the forest itself. The center of the forest was believed to be harsh and dangerous; full of predators larger than any Nox, and devoid of the small prey targeted by lone Nox. Not even the outskirts were safe, however; for Nox that lived in the outskirts were vicious, violent scavengers, willing to kill for scraps.

As Dante's second year approached, the harshest of Winters arrived. Freezing winds cooled the den, and the pouring rains made hunting dangerous, due to threat of illness. Even the prey began to dwindle, retreating deeper into the forest for cover amongst the trees and shrubs. The Nox grew thin and fatigued from the hunger, and tensions were high as competition between hunters rose for even a morsel of prey.

Dante's family grew weaker as the snow began to fall, and one of his siblings fell ill, unable to leave the den. Dante, the strongest of his siblings, left the den to explore even deeper into the forest for any sign of prey. It was then that he found the Fallen Tree, along with the more bountiful variety of prey surrounding the area. After a day of successful hunting, he returned late that night with enough food for all of them, excited to share the newfound territory with his family. They would finally be completely safe from the savage loners.

He rushed into the stone den to find his family cold and still; killed by the savage Nox of the outskirts for the scant remains of the prey he'd caught many days earlier. His parents were too hungry to have fought them off, and his siblings hadn't even grown enough to defend themselves from the desperation and savagery.

Alone for the first time, Dante retreated back into the forest, where he turned the Fallen Tree into a safe den. As he regained his strength throughout the Winter, he developed the stealth and cunning required in the dense environment, treading softly, and tricking and misleading his prey. As a result, he can move throughout the forest virtually undetected by even the best Nox. This is one of the first lessons he has new pack members learn, for their own safety, as well as that of the pack.

After the tragedy that befell his original pack, Dante became determined to find the Nox that were responsible. He offered shelter to the other lone Nox in exchange for loyalty and assistance, so that they would not experience the same fate. His hatred of the savage outskirts Nox is the reason for the pack's brutality towards those that intrude. Still hunting down the Nox that attacked his family that day, Dante dedicates his life to finding and killing those responsible, to finally achieve vengeance for their deaths.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:22 am, edited 4 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Seraphine

Postby RosslynRouge » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Seraphine

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄
Siblings: Names Unknown
┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Seraphine is a reliable deputy through even the most chaotic situations; her calm and confident demeanor allows her to maintain order among the other pack members. As second in command, she acts as primary advisor to the leader, applying a realistic view to his often extravagant plans. She is accepted as the leader without question or doubt when Dante is unable to lead himself, and, despite her youth, even the most battle-hardened fighters show her the utmost respect.

Having raised her brothers for two years, she is one of the more emotionally mature Nox of the pack, and feels a responsibility for the other members. She is greatly respected for her valiance, and determination to protect her pack from any threat. Pups and young Nox often look to her as an example, and she is content to teach them or guide them around the territory.

As she is brilliant fighter, her true weakness is her suspicion of strangers, resulting in her having fewer friends. Once she does trust another Nox, however, she is incredibly loyal to them, and gives them her absolute faith. Stranger Nox are hesitant in her presence, intimidated by her skeptical and misanthropic demeanor. Because of this, she is usually the one to confront hostile intruders, but not the one to first meet a potential new pack member.

Seraphine is close friends with the leader, and they are frequently found hunting or exploring together. Their ability to work in perfect sync is well renowned within their pack, and makes them a formidable opponent to even the best fighters. She holds a great respect for the leader, above even the lowest pack members, both for his role and his actions.

She takes her role to protect the leader very seriously; although he may run headfirst into danger, she is always there to prevent him from serious harm. This often results in her taking the brunt of an attack. Although this may seem reckless or irresponsible, the deputy has hardened herself over the years so that few blows can stun her, or cause major injury.

┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄

Seraphine and her two brothers were originally reserve Nox, however, as the space in the reserve became insufficient, many of the young and uninjured Nox were released. Their parents remained in the safety of the reserve, but the three yearlings were introduced into an expansive forest many towns away. Although inexperienced with the aggression of the wild Nox, the three learnt to avoid them quickly after a number of close encounters.

At the very edge of the forest there lay a small village of locals; fewer than fifteen houses, and separated from the large cities and towns near the old reserve. Seraphine warned her brothers to avoid the village, knowing that not all humans were welcoming towards stray Nox. However, as they reached their second year in the forest, Seraphine's brothers began to sneak into the nearby village for the easy food. Fortunately, they were met with kindness instead of violence. The more they visited, the more the residents would offer them; they built kennels for them to use in the Winter, and left food and water year round.

Seraphine became concerned as her brothers began spending more and more time away from the den, and feared that they were under threat from the nearby Nox. One night, she discovered her brothers' secret when she decided to track them down. Furious, she demanded that they cease all contact with the village. Although they returned, her brothers were unwilling to hunt, and soon began returning to the village while Seraphine was gone.

Eventually, her brothers decided to join the humans, enjoying the comfortable and easy life. They would be without the threat of the wild Nox, and the harshness of the seasons. Seraphine finally accepted that her brothers had made their decision; however, she refused to become a pet, valuing the freedom offered by the forest.

After a final farewell to her brothers, Seraphine left what was once their den to find a new territory for herself. When she reached the center of the forest, she encountered Dante; the leader of the future pack. She agreed to join him, knowing it would be much safer than living alone. As more Nox joined the growing pack, she was given the rank of deputy for her dedication and reliability.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Relationship

Postby RosslynRouge » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:27 pm

Leader & Deputy

Any leader and their deputy are said to be inseparable; for they are the Nox that keep the pack together, and that lead and guide them. They work together in order to maintain peace and order, and to ensure the pack has food and water, and a safe den to sleep in.

Dante and Seraphine were the first Nox to form Arcadian Equinox. Having built and established the pack themselves, they have the strongest bond of any Nox, and are able to work in perfect unison. They hunt, explore, and fight together in such a manner that they are more effective than any group.

This efficacy is both feared and respected within the pack itself, as well as among the few outskirts Nox who have survived an intrusion.

Dante is the one to find problems, and to declare the need for action. However, Seraphine serves as the voice of reason, preventing many of the leader's rash actions. On the occasion that he is unable to be convinced, she is the one who follows him to ensure he returns alive; no matter how likely his actions are to get them both killed.

An undying loyalty exists between them, and is the basis of their close friendship. Although they may argue, there is nothing that could drive them apart for long. Their dedication to one another is both their greatest strength, and their most severe weakness; for they will not hesitate to jump in the way of danger to protect the other, regardless of the cost.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Tradition

Postby RosslynRouge » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:52 am

The Night of the Moon

The Night of the Moon is celebrated on each night that the moon is at its fullest. The Nox gather at Moonlight Loch to observe the blue luminescence of the water, and renew their role within the pack.

One by one, starting from the leader and ending with the youngest pup, the pack members are permitted to drink from the pool. This is the only night of the month the water is able to be drunk; even mere hours before, those who disobey this rule are severely punished, for such an action is viewed as contradicting the pack's values themselves.

This tradition was created as a way of keeping the pack united; every month they must all gather at one site, and every Nox is given an equal opportunity in the ceremony. The drinking of the unusual water symbolises a renewal of their commitment to the pack. For this reason, no Nox is exempt from participating in the ritual, unless it is deemed entirely unavoidable.

After the last Nox drinks from the pool, the pack gathers around the Loch, the leader and their deputy standing on the ledge overlooking the water to face the others. The leader begins the first howl, followed by the deputy. Each Nox then joins, until the forest is overtaken by their cries.

It is at this ceremony that new members are officially inducted into the ranks of Arcadian Equinox, and those who have passed are honoured through the howls of those that remain. While Dante does not believe in the supposed abilities of the water, many Nox believe the light of the pool to be the presence of the other Noxs' spirits; this is why they bid farewell to the fallen, while they can still hear the howls.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Interacting

Postby RosslynRouge » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:37 pm

The Moonlight Loch

The full moon lit up the darkened sky, and the stars, untainted by the artificial light of the cities, bled through the mural of the night, pure and silver. A quiet murmur of insects humming warmed the otherwise silent forest, and there was a gentle rustling of the leaves above.
Below, the Moonlight Loch glowed an ethereal blue. Two Nox paced around the water's edge, as the still surface mirrored every movement.

The grey Nox approached the section of the pool that met the ground as an equal; despite the abundance of foliage, not a single leaf dared disturb the blue surface. The canine's dark coat was illuminated in a ghostly manner, and his silver eyes glowed with the reflection of what lay before him.

"It's beautiful," the brown Nox breathed in awe, "I've never seen anything like this before."

The grey canine stared at his reflection, and its bluish hue.

"No, this is new to me, too. The water here's never done this before."

"We've been here for months, and never seen this? And you've been living in this part of the forest for over a year. You never noticed glowing blue water?"

"I never went far from the den, let alone at night. I didn't even know this was here until you brought me to it, Seraphine."

Delicately lowering his muzzle to the water, he could detect no scent of the unnatural or dangerous; this was the most salubrious water in the forest, in contrast to its stagnant nature.

"Dante," the other Nox warned as he leant to lap at the water, "We don't know anything about this place. It may not be safe."

Huffing, Dante lifted his head up again to look at her.

"How are we ever going to know unless we test it, then? What's the worst that could happen?"

"'What's the worst that could happen'? Last time you said that, you nearly got us trampled by a herd of deer!"

"Well, that was different. How was I supposed to know that they'd notice Corvus? It's not my fault he's so loud."

Rolling her eyes, Seraphine stared down at him from the ledge on the opposite side of the pool.

"Listen, I just think that we should wait and- Dante!" she yelled as he took a large gulp of glowing water. He smiled as she came running, furious.

"Water's great, you should try some."

Seraphine was seething, "Why do you never listen? You could've just drunken poison, and now I'm the one who has to drag you back to Aquila, so that he can make sure you don't drop dead!" She started pushing him towards the den site despite his protests.

Dante groaned, "Not Aquila, he's so... serious! It's always, 'Don't eat those berries, they're toxic', or 'It's too dangerous to jump from that ledge'."

"Maybe next time you'll think before doing something like this, then!"

"Now where's the fun in that?"

"One day, you may actually take my advice, as your deputy and all."

"Well now, Seraphine, I don't think the world is ready for me to be responsible any time soon."

Still arguing, the Nox made their way back towards the Fallen Tree, the light of the mysterious pool slowly fading into the darkness that grew behind them.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Meeting

Postby RosslynRouge » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:51 pm

Dante Meets Corvus

The forest had just begun to awaken; songbirds dashed overhead between the trees, their welcoming calls signalling the arrival of dawn. The first light of the day painted even the tallest trees a brilliant golden tinge, the leaves ablaze in their Autumnal hues.

The leaves upon the ground marked the first weeks of Autumn, where the pleasant warmth gave way to a slight chill in the air, and the faintest of breezes. The darkened soil still visible beneath them was soft; soon enough, it would be frozen solid.

Dante treaded gently between the leaves, careful to avoid the loud sounds that would give him away. He could hear the nearby movements of small prey, likely rabbits. However, he was not hunting for a meal. He had been tracking the scent of a stranger Nox in his territory since before the sun had risen. The foreigner was clearly not accustomed to the forest, for he had left a strong scent trail, as well as plenty of crushed leaves, behind him.

Reaching the stream, Dante slunk behind one of the large trees. Surrounded by ferns and bushes, his dark pelt blended in with the shadow-covered soil; a trick he'd learnt made him an even more efficient hunter in the dark.

Peering past the mossy bark, he could see the Nox drinking the running water. The stranger was larger than he was, yet there was evidence of a wound along their side, so they were likely weakened. Yet, fighting was only the last resort; it took more energy than he cared to expend. Dante decided to approach slowly, as the other Nox hadn't seen him yet. Surprising intruders often ended in him being attacked on sight.

He paused for a moment, then made his decision.

"I see you've taken a liking to my territory. How nice of you to visit so unexpectedly," he said, waiting to approach further.

The other Nox whipped his head up in shock, every muscle tensing as he prepared to flee.

"Your territory? Lone Nox don't have territories this large," the stranger replied, suspicion in his voice.

"My pack's... a work in progress. But that doesn't explain why you're here. The scent markers are obvious, so it evidently wasn't by accident."

The intruder narrowed his gaze, but relaxed slightly.

"You're right, it wasn't by accident. I came here looking for a pack, but clearly, I came to the wrong place."

Dante tilted his head pensively. "Well, if you're interested in joining, I suppose we could allow it."

"Why would I want to join you? You don't even have a pack!"

"Well, for one, I can tell you need the safety," Dante stated, glancing at a fresh wound along the stranger's side, and the paw which he held gingerly just slightly above the ground, "And for another, you aren't used to the forest. You wouldn't survive more than a month on your own. You don't know how to hunt without crashing about through the bushes. How do you think I managed to track you so easily?"

The stranger appeared momentarily taken aback by his observations, before quickly hiding it. All of his statements had been correct.

"If I did join you, then you'd teach me how to survive here?"

"Of course. What good's a pack member that can't do anything for the pack?"

"...Alright, then. I'll join your pack," the Nox said carefully, "My name is Corvus."

"I knew you'd come around," Dante stated with a grin, "I'm Dante. Listen to what I tell you, and we'll get along perfectly. Welcome to Arcadian Equinox."
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | A Scene

Postby RosslynRouge » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:17 pm

An End

It was over. After five years, Dante had succeeded.

The fallen Nox lay before him, his large black flank still; a perfect mirror of how he had left the leader's family during that long Winter. The sun was near gone, and now it was not just the snow that has blanketed the clearing that was covered in an ominous crimson. The dry, dead limbs of the trees were claws reddened and jagged, their trunks casting shadows that turn the landscape into a sea of the colour.

His panting slowed as he sat there calmly. Although the wind was frigid, he felt warm and invigorated; his blood rushed through him swift as a falcon, and he was oblivious to the aches of his muscles. He watched for a moment as the colours of the sunset began to fade ever so slowly, and recalled the years before his victory.

Without vengeance, who was he?

The Nox that lay before him had created him. He was the reason that Dante led his pack; the reason for his pain and anguish, as well; yet it was also because of him that so many Nox had lived. All of the injured that he and his friends had brought back to health: would they have met the same fate without their help? And the pups they had found orphaned, the young they had fought for. All of them would be nothing without the tragedy caused by the fallen one.

What would he do, now that his true role had been enacted? He barely knew himself without these feelings; they were a part of him for the majority of his life. Was he still the same Nox without them?

Staring at his dark stained paws, he could feel the wind trying desperately to move through his stiff coat. His mouth felt numb by the metallic taste, and his muzzle still wet. Then, in the distance, he heard the howl of a friend; one he knew well.

With that sound came a realisation. He still had a family. One that he could protect and care for, but also one that would do the same for him. Although he no longer had revenge to seek, he still had what truly defined him: his pack.

Allowing his eyes to rest, he let out his own cry in response to the call. Rising to his paws, he began the walk back to the den where his friends waited anxiously.

It was time for him to be a leader; time to let go of his past.
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Nox | Arcadian Equinox | Art

Postby RosslynRouge » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:24 pm

Pack Art
Dante by milkkferret

Dante by Aseria Greane

Seraphine by Aseria Greane
Last edited by RosslynRouge on Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RosslynRouge

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me