Starlit Quarabs ☆ Information ☆ WIP

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

Starlit Quarabs ☆ Information ☆ WIP

Postby Tynahi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:13 pm

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬(INFORMATION CENTER)▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Adoption Center Information Center Discord Genetics Lab Import Center
Breeding Center Training Center Competition Arena Fanclub Archives

The Starlit Quarabs are an ancient breed revered for their strength, agility, and loyalty.
Considered a ‘Gift from the Gods’ by some and ‘Celestial Steeds’ by others, many of the
lineages have coats that appear to have been touched by the stars. The true origin of their
starry pelts is unknown although the first recorded was born from a seemingly average mare
to a farm boy in a time of great need. These steeds were prized by royalty but were rumored
to only bond to those with noble intentions. Once a bond is formed it was told that the
Quarab could belong to no other. If their rider passed it was said they would follow them to
the stars to explore other galaxies. Today their starry pelts are merely apart of their stories.
They haven’t been seen in quite some time. Perhaps over time we will see their return, but
for now there are many Quarabs awaiting to find their destined riders.

BREED STANDARDS

Build: Long neck, level croup, strong legs, dished face and high held tails

Height Average: 15.0 hh

Height Range: 14.0 - 16.0 hh

Weight: 1,000 - 1,200 lbs

Disciplines: Mounted Archery, Show Jumping, Dressage, Cross Country, and Endurance

COAT COLOR RARITIES

Standard Coats: Chestnut, Black, Agouti, Grey, Roan, Rabicano, Pangare, Comet Trails

Common Coats: Cream, Dun, Silver, Tobiano, Sabino, Frame, Sooty, Fawn Spots, Starlit

Uncommon Coats: Champagne, Pearl, Splash, Dominant White, BirdCatcher Spots, Grease Spots,
Pronghorn, Moonlit, Sunlit

Rare Coats: Chimeric, Brindle, Lacing, Manchado, Mushroom, Quagga, Dawn, Dusk

Special Coats: Floral, Angel, Heart Tobiano, Pumpkin, Vine, Skeletal, Ice, Fireworks, Sun Dapples,
Sub-Species

Please No Posting Here

Last edited by Tynahi on Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starlit Quarabs ☆ Information ☆ WIP

Postby Tynahi » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:30 pm

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Adopts
To adopt a Starlit Quarab go to the Adoption Center. All Quarabs available for adoption will have a dark background and be halterless. Click on the Quarab up for adoption and read the adoption page. The page will have info on the Quarab, the adoption prompt, an end date and the adoption form. Fill out the form provided and post it for a chance at adopting the Quarab. Once the competition ends a winner will be announced. The adopted Quarab will be given a halter and a transparent background.

Readoption
If you no longer connect to one of your Quarabs and wish to readopt them out please contact that Quarabs artist. Once you notify them of your decision they will adopt the Quarab out to a new owner.

Gifting
If you wish to gift your Quarab to another user please post on the Quarabs page who the new owner is and notify one of the archivists.

Selling
You may sell you Quarab to other community members for Quarab's currency only: Stardust or Starstone.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Paid Customs
Every month you are allowed to order 1 custom. The custom slot will reset at the first of each month. Artists will post on the main adopt page, fanclub and discord when they are open to custom slots. To find price information and each artists custom forms visit the Import Center.

Once an artist posts they are open to customs visit the Import Center and look for the artists post. The post will contain the artists rules regarding customs, available slots and the form to fill out. Fill out the form and pm it to the artist to apply for a custom. Once the artists accepts your form send over the payment to them. Please note to get a paid custom you must have a stable page for your Starlit Quarabs.

Founder Imports
Upon joining Starlit Quarabs you are allowed to order 1 Founder Import. This is a free Uncommon and under custom that you may redeem. You do not need a stable page for this import but please note to participate in the adopts you will need to create one once you receive this import. You may only redeem this import once. If you decide to adopt out, sell or give away this import you cannot apply for another Founder Import. To apply for a Founder go to the Import Center. Each artist will note if they are open for Founders, find one that is and post the form they provide to the Founders Thread.

Starstone Imports
Starstone Imports are the only way to receive a Rare Custom. Once you have enough Starstone for a custom look for an artist that is open to taking customs. Fill out their form as you would for a normal paid custom and in payment put the amount of Starstone you are paying.

Every month mares may be bred once and stallions may be bred 4 times. Quarabs must to be 2 years old to breed and will stop breeding at 15 years old. This will be reset on the first of every month. A stable page is required to order breedings. Artists will post on the main adopt page, fanclub and discord when they are open to breeding slots.

Once an artist posts they are open for breedings head over to the Breeding Center. There you will find the artists post which will have the artists rules regarding breedings, available slots and the form to fill out. Fill out the form and post it at the Breeding Stalls. The artist will announce who won the slots when they close them. All breedings are free of charge.

If a breeding fails you must wait 1 week before you an reapply with the same pairing. This will not use up any slots.

Although rare a foal can be stillborn. This can occur due to inbreeding, sickness or mutation. If this occurs it will consume breeding slots.

Twins are rolled for each breeding. There is a 10% chance of receiving twins. If the twin roll is positive you will also receive a chimeric roll. Chimerics have a 5% chance of occurring. If chimerism rolls positive you will receive 1 chimeric foal.

Foals are considered adults and will be transferred to the adult lineart at 2 years of age. All Quarabs age 1 year every month.

Studding Fees: You may set up a studding fee if you would like to allow other users to breed with your Quarab for a price. May only be in Starstone or Stardust.

Last edited by Tynahi on Mon Jan 07, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Starlit Quarabs ☆ Information ☆ WIP

Postby Tynahi » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:04 pm

Once you have adopted your first Quarab or received your Founder Import you will need to create a Stable for them to help keep track of important information such as breedings or competition winnings. If you already have a barn for your horse characters you are welcome to continue using that, but if not it is recommended to create one specific to Starlit Quarabs. Your stable will also be used in the archives for easy access. Stables are required for getting breedings & customs as well as participating in events, trainings and competitions.

Stables can be made here on CS or on websites such as Wix or Weebly. Creating your own personalized barn pretty fun in my opinion and not too difficult! Most people use the same skeleton form for each of their new Quarabs, so everything looks organized and easy to navigate. If you are new to coding feel free to ask around for advice! Many members are willing to help out with stable codes or suggestions.

Naming Your Stable
Step one would be to create a name for your stables. Treelake Stables or Lost Hollow Stables are some example of stable names I have used in the past. Though it is not required you check to see if your stable name is in use within the community it is highly encouraged so that we can avoid possible confusion with other users.

First Post
Before jumping in and starting to list your wonderful Quarabs I would suggested making a post about your stables. This can be an introductory post containing what the stables & location looks like, characters you may have such as owners, riders, & barn animals, permission quotes from other users for breedings, how many Quarabs you currently have, and future ideas or names. Not all of this information is required and is just given as ideas. You can also split this up into a few posts depending on how you wish to organize it.

Quarab Pages
After you get your introduction done you can start posting your Quarabs pages. These posts will need to contain their ID Number, Name, Gender, Coat Color & Genes, Parents & Foals as well as a link to their adoption page. Any further info or pictures is completely up to you but this is a great place to post your character development of them.

Starlit Quarabs has its own currency: Stardust and Starstone. The currency can be used to buy items for your Quarabs or to buy Quarabs themselves.

Stardust
Stardust is the more common currency of the two. Stardust can be earned through a variety of tasks including creating a stable page, entering competitions, or implementing a studding fee on your Quarab. They can be used to purchase many things such as tack, quarabs, breedings slots, or accessories.

Getting Stardust
- Stable Creation [2,000]
- Raffles [100 - 1000 Stardust a week]
- Runner Up Prize in an Adopt Competition [500 - 1000]
- Competition Prize [3000 - 6000]
- Studding Fees [Set by You]
- Selling Quarabs [Set by You]

Items to Buy
- Quarabs from other users
- Custom Imports
- Tack [Boosts Stats]
- Stud Slots from other users
- Contacts [Change Eye Color]
- Hoof Paint
- War Paint
- Training Boost
- Training Pass

Starstone
Starstone is the rarer currency that can only be acquired through grand prizes, raffles and Stardust exchange. This currency can be used to buy rarer items for your Quarabs

Getting Stardust
- Raffles [1 - 3]
- Grand Prize in Competitions [1 - 4]
- Stardust Exchange [10,000 Stardust = 1 Starstone]

Items to Buy
- Rare Imports Starstone Import
- Twin Boost
- Chimeric Boost
- Guaranteed Trait Pass
- Guaranteed Twins Pass
- Guaranteed Chimeric Pass
- Eternal Youth

You can enter your Quarab into training twice a week. Training increases your Quarabs stats which help it fair better in competitions. Higher stats lead to higher ranks and prizes.

Disciplines
You can train your Quarab for a variety of disciplines. When you train them make sure you specify which discipline you are training them under.

- Endurance Racing
- Show Jumping
- Cross Country
- Dressage
- Mounted Archery

Stats and Ranks
Each Quarab will have a set number of stats they begin with. Higher numbers in the stats will help them fair better in certain tasks and competitions. Each stat get maxed out at 500 Experience Points [EXP]. Every training session will increase your EXP between [1 - 10 EXP]. A foal when born will receive half the average of the parents skill set.

Stats and the disciplines they boost:
- Endurance [+ Endurance Racing, + Cross Country]
- Speed [+ Endurance Racing, + Cross Country, + Show Jumping]
- Strength [+ Mounted Archery, + Cross Country, + Show Jumping]
- Agility [+ Mounted Archery, + Dressage, + Cross Country, + Show Jumping ]

The ranks are as follows:
- Green - Untrained
- Beginner - Knows the basics
- Apprentice - Mastered the basics and honing their skill
- Graduate - Is good in their discipline
- Renown - Is skilled in their discipline
- Master - Has mastered their discipline

How to Train
To train your Quarab go to the Training Center. There you will find a form you can post to train your Quarab.

You may train a Quarab twice a week. Training success is randomly rolled and a Quarab will receive between 1 - 10 EXP per training session. You have the option to write or draw a scene for your training session to increase the amount of EXP received. As you climb in rank through training you will receive tack options for your desired discipline.

You can enter competitions at the Competition Center! Competitions will increase your Quarab's stats and has the opportunity to give you some rare prizes! There will be a variety of competitions, some open to all skill levels and some that are reserved.

Weekly
These competitions will run for the span of a week. Anyone can join these competition. Discipline will be rotated through weekly. These competitions determine winners through random chance with a slight influence from stats. Winnings include Stardust, EXP, Simple Tack

Monthly
These competitions will run for the span of a month. These competitions may occasionally be rank specific [i.e. beginners only, masters only]. Discipline will be rotated through monthly. These competitions determine winners through short writing/art comps. Winnings include Stardust, EXP, Tack, Semi Customs

Yearly
These competitions will run for the span of a few months. These competitions will be open to everyone. Will be open to all disciplines. These competitions determine winners through impress me writing/art comps. Winnings include Stardust, Starstone, EXP, Tack, Prize Quarabs, Breeding Items

Tynahi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me