▪ Datwon Guidebook ▪

If you need to make more than one topic for your adoptables, you can put the extra topics in here. Please read stickies for more information

▪ Datwon Guidebook ▪

Postby adheline » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:58 am

v
┌───────┐

H U B . L I N K S
──────────────
Main Adopts
Fanclub

├───────┤

I N D E X
──────────────
Preface: ───>
Chapter One: Culture
-World of Datwon
Chapter Two: Breeds
-Breed Differences
-Coat Rarities
-Inter-Breeding
Chapter Three: Trade
-The Bank
-The Market
Chapter Four: Identity
-Names
-Gender/Height
-Genetics
Chapter Five: Stats
-Health
-Gen Stats
Chapter Six: Humans
-Classes
-Census/Registration
-Stables

└───────┘

A handy database on the culture of Datwon Island.

----The city of Tento traces back thousands of years, but has always flourished in sin and corruption. Officials are harsh and biased, and the people live in cowering fear, scared to break one of the many laws set in place to keep them oppressed. A few centuries ago, a group of rebels formed, plotting to overthrow the government when it threatened to only get more strict and dangerous. A month into the planning, they were caught in a meeting and imprisoned. The sentence: execution. So the day before their punishment, they plotted once more to escape. In the dark of night, they carefully fled the prison, gathering their families and setting off in an unguarded vessel, all stocked and ready to ship a load of regional horses the next morning.
----Aiming for the free country South-East, the crew ran into an unsettling storm, setting them off course and towards a prolific forest-land. They discovered it to be a large island, void of human life. Lush forests swept across the land, hiding all sorts of animal life and bursting with fruits and crop. It was here the rebels decided to stay, naming the island: Datwon Island. They unloaded the stolen Aquell Warmbloods and settled into a blossoming village. It wasn’t long until they discovered a native equine here - the Dyselde Drafts, as they called them. The pleasurable warmbloods and sturdy drafts served the rebels well, and were often bred together to create a lithe but hardworking draft, which they labeled the Boh Tot.
----As time went on, more settlers arrived on the island, and they made treaties with other countries, offering crops and equines in exchange for protection and trade shipments. With a relaxed feudal government forming, equines have become the center of Datwon Island. Lords and Ladies rely on the Aquell Warmbloods and Boh Tots for a good riding horse, and to enter in shows for prestige and fortune. Farmers and serfs prefer the Dyselde to pull the plows and enter into strength competitions for a little extra gold. There are also rogues and gypsies who inhabit the forests, living a life outside the law, peaceful or otherwise. They use any of the equines for riding, caravan pulling, and bartering. It is also these groups who claim to see the VunToj.

----It’s believed that hiding in the woods are the magical VunToj, small pixies in the form of ponies, granting blessings or curses on the life of the island. Few have been lucky to catch sight of them, if indeed they have, and they are unlikely to allow themselves to be captured, so owning one is extraordinarily rare. Those who have encountered the VunToj claim to have been able to barter for magical items, though they are sworn never to let the items into another’s hands, lest they morph into a curse.
Last edited by adheline on Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▪ Chapter One: Culture ▪

Postby adheline » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:07 am

▪ World of Datwon

-------Datwon Island exists in a fantasy world, in a time before modern technology. Society exists in a feudal system, estimated to be between the times of the ninth and fifteenth century. Animals are domesticated in this time, and horses are used for both work and leisure. There is an organized currency system, but commerce exists primarily in bartering. Horse trades and studding are fairly common on the island, and serve to connect community members. Being on a forested island, the timber and logging business is also very strong.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▪ Chapter Two: Breeds ▪

Postby adheline » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:27 am

▪ Breed Differences

Dyselde Draft
xxxThe sturdiest horse of Datwon Island, and native to the land.
These horses usually belong to farmers or Gypsies, and are used
to pull work loads or caravans.

Height: 16-18 hands average
Breeds to: Dyselde, Boh Tot, Aquell
Breeding Slots: 10 Stallions | 8 Mares

Boh Tot
xxxA breed established by breeding native Dyseldes to imported
Aquells. Sturdy enough to work on the farm and agile enough to
compete and ride, these horses are ideal for any owner.

Height: 15-17 hand average
Breeding Slots: 6 Stallions | 4 Mares

Aquell Warmblood
xxxImported from Tento, these horses are bred to compete and
make for excellent riding horses. They’re most commonly found
in the upper class, and are fast, quiet mounts for forest rogues.

Height: 14-16 hand average
Breeding Slots: 10 Stallions | 8 Mares

VunToj
xxxrumored to be pixies in the form of ponies, the small, native
VunToj take refuge in the forest. They rarely let themselves be
owned, and prefer to enchant and barter.

Height: 8-10 hand average
Breeds to: VunToj
Breeding Slots: 2
Last edited by adheline on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:24 am

▪ Coat Rarities

Dyselde Draft-
Base:
-----Common: Black, Bay, Brown
-----Rare: Chestnut
Modifiers:
-----Common: Dun, Cream, Grey
-----Uncommon: Pangare, Silver, Flaxen, Champagne
-----Rare: Pearl
Markings:
-----Common: Splash, Tobiano
-----Uncommon: Roan, Overo
-----Rare:
Mutations:
-----Common:
-----Uncommon: Grease Spot, Birdcatcher Spots
-----Rare: Somatic
-----Elusive: Chimera

Boh Tot-
Base:
-----Uncommon: Chestnut
Modifiers:
Markings:
-----Common: Tobiano, Splash, Roan
-----Uncommon: Overo
-----Rare:
Mutations:
-----Common:

Aquell-
Base:
-----Common: Black, Bay, Chestnut
Modifiers:
-----Common: Dun, Cream, Pearl, Grey, Champagne
-----Uncommon:
-----Rare: Pangare
Markings:
-----Common: Tobiano, Splash, Roan
-----Uncommon: Overo, Rabicano
-----Rare:
Mutations:
-----Common:

Vun Toj-
Base:
-----Rare: Chestnut
Modifiers:
Markings:
-----Common: Splash, Tobiano
-----Uncommon: Roan, Overo
-----Rare:
Mutations:
-----Common:
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:35 am

▪ Inter-Breeding

Each breed can be bred to another horse of its breed without problem, but interbreeding presents a small chance of failure.
The percentages presented are the chances of the foal using that breed's lines.

Dyselde x Dyselde = Dyselde
Boh Tot x Boh Tot = Boh Tot
Aquell x Aquell = Aquell
VunToj x VunToj = VunToj

Dyselde x Boh Tot = 50% Dyselde, 50% Boh Tot | 5% failure
Dyselde x Aquell = Boh Tot | 10% failure
Boh Tot x Aquell = 60% Boh Tot, 40% Aquell | 5% failure
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▪ Chapter Three: Trade ▪

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:41 am

▪ The Bank

-------The bank keeps track of both currency and items you have. Datwon’s currency is the icho, and it’s a careful mixture of metals formed into a coin. Icho is used to pay salary to the adopt’s staff, and can be purchased with cs currency, but is mostly earned through interactive aspects. Item trades and transfers between users must go through the banker to be valid.

-------The bank keeps tabs on inflation rates, and advertises any potential changes in icho value. The bank is also working towards an accurate appraisal guide to your horses, for competition and selling values.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▪ Chapter Three: Trade ▪

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:48 am

▪ The Market

-------The market is run by VunToj Melodux, and is the main output of items. Some items are available for icho, while others are only available through bartering. There is no selling of your items back to market, so take unwanted items to other users and come to an agreement between yourselves. Trades and transfers of items are of no concern to Melodux, so take these transactions to the bank.

-------Occasionally, the market flourishes with additional sales tables. These are manned by other VunToj with exotic ware, and usually pop up during events or holidays. These tables work much the same way as Melodux's but for their special items, might be a bit more expensive.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

▪ Chapter Four: Identity ▪

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:52 am

▪ Names

-------Every horse must have a name, regardless of ownership or breed. In addition to that name, there is an option for a show name, which is completely optional but suggested for competition horses. A horse’s name may be changed once by a single owner (and each new owner can change the name once), which applies as well to the show name. To change a horse’s name(s), or to add a show name, the owner must post the new name on the horse’s page and message the archivist about the change.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:57 am

▪ Gender and Height

-------A horse’s gender is noted as mare, stallion, sterilized mare, or gelding - the latter two of which cannot be bred. Height varies between breeds, and is listed under chapter two. Gender does not have a significant effect on height.

-------Gender is important to keep in mind when selecting breeding pairs. Since Datwon Island exists centuries ago, there is no science for stem-cell breedings. Thus, while breeding is made interesting with the different breed options, unfortunately all pairs are limited to being mare/stallion only. That isn't to say the VunToj can't someday come up with a potion or spell for that...
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby adheline » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:24 am

▪ Genetics

-------Genetics on Datwon Island take a more straightforward approach. There are no such names as blue taffy, or lilacs and purples. Rather, we refer to horse coats by using their bases. Blue taffies, for example, are silver seal browns.

-------Roan (Rn_), sabino (Sb1_), dominant white (W_), and tobiano (To_) are all kit genes. This means that they all use the same gene spot, and no horse can carry more than two of these genes.
-------Ex: RnTo | nTo | SbW

-------Appaloosa has not been bred into any of the Datwon Breeds.
-------Overos and Dominant Whites may be bred to one another, but the foal has a chance to develop LWS if the white rolls dominant homozygous (OO)(WW), and the breeding will fail.
adheline

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me